• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trans life is often strife, but Jane has supportive family. Always Jane'

Davie

Trans life is too often portrayed in terms of struggle and strife. So while this new four-part docuseries, offering an intimate portrait of transgender teen Jane Noury as she navigates various challenging personal issues, verges on gushing in places, that’s fair enough under the circumstances. Happily, Jane is facing life with the support of what appears to be an incredibly loving and supportive family – the series balances issues unique to Jane with a cheerful and pretty universal depiction of functional everyday family life. Amazon Prime Video, from Friday 12 November.
Trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRS6ctP4w_M

• Admin

Good to hears about some accurate and uplifting media for Trans folks these days.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Davie said:

Happily, Jane is facing life with the support of what appears to be an incredibly loving and supportive family

This is key. Support makes all the difference. I WISH I had that back in my teen years. I hope they manage to highlight that message a lot. Support your damn kids. Too many parents need to keep hearing it.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

The trailer certainly looks sweet and real.  Hopefully more families find a way to be this supportive.  It does certainly take a family to transition because everybody changes with us.  Unfortunately some break up.  It is fortunately getting better.

Hugs,

Charlize

@Davie thanks for the tip!  Just watched episode 1 and it is refreshingly upbeat, while still covering the uncertainty prior to and at her coming out, and discomfort associated with bullying and antagonistic questions at high school.  In other words, a real but positive documentary.  In a word, yay!

Astrid

Watched two of the four episodes. Very cuddly supportive family (adopt me please?) and I'm glad to not have her deadname or pictures of her pre-transition haven't popped up as far as I can tell. 

Yes, @Astrid"a real but positive documentary" for sure. What if trans people were just people and not some political football? "I was born like this," says Jane. So are we all, except the bigots—they had to be willfully taught to hate. Love will win if we all work for it. That's my prayer to heaven and to my father—spiritual healing can overcome evil teaching. Rights are god-given, not handed out to the privileged few.

Acceptance is love,

— Davie

I’ve watched the first two so far. Her grandfather is amazing. 

I'm wondering if the grandfather did anything in his career that he's proud of at all? 😉

On 11/14/2021 at 4:22 AM, RhondaS said:

Watched two of the four episodes. Very cuddly supportive family (adopt me please?) and I'm glad to not have her deadname or pictures of her pre-transition pop up as far as I can tell. 

And then in a later episode they do, but I'll give them credit for holding off from opening with that bit. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

• Susan R
    • Mmindy
    • Becoming Diana
    • Cyndee
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

sarahjen420
    Newest Member
    sarahjen420

1. Jill55
      Jill55
      (66 years old)
    2. Oziandra
      Oziandra
      (37 years old)
    • Mmindy
      My Suzie and I have two different coffee makers, her’s is a Keurig coffee maker, and she grinds her own decaf coffee beans. Mine is a 12 cup Bunn drip style, and I use mostly Folgers Dark Silk or Black Rifle C♠️F.   I fill my 20oz OzarkTrail travel mug after preheating it with boiling water. Then I drink two 10oz heavy ceramic mugs while eating breakfast, catching up on the news, and social media. The travel mug stays hot throughout the morning and is more like a sippy cup for my security until lunch.    @Willow It’s good to hear you’re resting and able to stretch out the amount of pain pills you need. Listen to your body, and don’t over do it as you return to your normal routine. I’m also glad things are coming together with your wife/partner and family.    Hugs for everyone,   Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋💖
    • Jamie68
      That sounds like a really odd situation. I think you did the right thing. I wouldn't trust that guy either. 
    • Jamie68
      I don't know if I could handle avacado on toast. Supposed to be really healthy. I love the dachshund salt and pepper shakers. 
    • Becoming Diana
      I'm about to have my second coffee of the day.  It's cold and windy outside but nice and cozy inside.  I think I'm becoming a hermit.  
    • Becoming Diana
      Another vote for pumps.  They look classy.  Although those boots look fabulous!
    • Marcie Jensen
      Interesting about period symptoms. I get the backache, the emotional ups and downs and the desire to make a baby for about 2-3 days a month, and on a regular cycle (ie: it is always the same 3 days, give or take a day.) Since my knees hurt virtually every day--relics of an errant and misspent youth--I discounted them. The rest makes sense, though...
    • LindaMarie
      I know we all felt this way from time to time. I know today I just feel like.....  
    • Heather Shay
      The first album I bought for my OWN first stereo system.  
    • Heather Shay
    • Sally Stone
      Thanks so much for the input ladies.  Valerie, the only time I plan on spending outside is the walk from the parking lot to the restaurant, not a long walk, but could be as much as one-hundred yards.  I was leaning towards the pumps to be honest, but these particular boots, with the high-heels, aren't great when I am doing a lot of walking, so I thought this event might be the perfect opportunity to show them off.  I may just wear the boots while driving, bring my pumps along and make the final decision when I get to dinner.      
    • Susan R
      Hello David and welcome to the forum. It’s nice to have you join us here. In time, the forum can become a very helpful place to find info, get support & advice and make a few like minded friends. Hope to see you around.🙂   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • Jandi
      Welcome David
    • Charlize
      My father actually got very close to saying the "proud" word as i finished building our home.  It had taken over a year during which i had been almost fanatical.  I desperately tried to get by without a mortgage having sold our first farm and getting out of debt.  I guess i had proved that i was a man.    Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jandi
      I did get this from one of my daughters.
    • Delcina B
      Welcome David! Glad you're here. I hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.   Hugs! Delcina
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.