• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Childhood Memories

Guest Alyssa Leigh

Guest Alyssa Leigh

Hi everyone I was thinking about this the other night and realized how fast my childhood has come and gone with almost a blink of an eye. I was thinking about the great cartoons that I grew up on that are not on anymore. Does anyone else feel like their childhood has come and gone before you knew it and what cartoons or tv shows do you wish were still on?

The shows I wish were still on are

1) Powerpuff Girls

2)Hey Arnold

3)Rocko's Modern Life

4)Rocket Power

5)CatDog

6)Pelswick

7)Doug

Hi everyone I was thinking about this the other night and realized how fast my childhood has come and gone with almost a blink of an eye. I was thinking about the great cartoons that I grew up on that are not on anymore. Does anyone else feel like their childhood has come and gone before you knew it and what cartoons or tv shows do you wish were still on?

1) Powerpuff Girls

2)Hey Arnold

3)Rocko's Modern Life

4)Rocket Power

5)CatDog

6)Pelswick

7)Doug

Ahhh!

I loved everyone of those except #6, never heard of it. xD

My favorite was Pokemon, though. <3 xD

• Admin

Great topic, Alyssa. I can see though that we're gonna need to divide this by generation. No's 1-2 are the only ones on your list that I know.

Recent animation:

Simpsons

Futurama

Spongebob Squarepants (Yay Squidward)

Old Fogie animation:

Popeye

Mighty Mouse

Looney Toons

Bugs Bunny

the Jetsons

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Mr. Magoo

Guest LightNebula

1) Powerpuff Girls

2)Hey Arnold

3)Rocko's Modern Life

4)Rocket Power

5)CatDog

6)Pelswick

7)Doug

I can't remember the names of the shows, but there are many I liked (especially on Nick) and would maybe like to see again someday if they're on. One show had two beavers and they were brothers... or something like that.

Ahhh!

I loved everyone of those except #6, never heard of it. xD

My favorite was Pokemon, though. <3 xD

Yeah!! I haven't heard of #6 also, but these shows were great. There were some others too I remember like The Wild Thornberries with that girl Eliza who traveled around with her family and that monkey ... or whatever, and some others. Pokemon was awesome. Did you see Digimon and Monster Rancher too?

Guest Alyssa Leigh
I can't remember the names of the shows, but there are many I liked (especially on Nick) and would maybe like to see again someday if they're on. One show had two beavers and they were brothers... or something like that.
I believe the show is called the Angry Beavers
Guest Evan_J

Oh lets go there already :P

The Jetsons

Kimba

Underdog

Snagle Puss (or was he on a show like Loony Toons?)

Yogi Bear

Hong Kong Phooey

Goober and the Ghost Chasers

Dynomutt

The Funky Phantom

Heckle and Jeckle

Fat Albert

Inch High Private Eye

Scooby Doo

The "Golden Era" of Cartoons dang it! :P

....and yet, if you look at it from a grown-up standpoint, at least a couple of these would be "pulled" today for inappropriateness.

-Hong Kong Phooey (stereotyping an ethnic group)

-Fat Albert (derogatory reference to a protected class)

-Heckle and Jeckle (stereotyping an ethnic group)

a

Guest Valentine

Superfriends

Speed Racer

Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner (show)

Pink Panther

Bullwinkle

Flintstones

Schoolhouse Rock!

Justice League

Guest 71christy09

Lets see if I can dig around in my brain....

Scooby Doo

Superfriends

Flintstones

Johnny Quest

Fat Albert

Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner

Looney Toons

and even though this is not a cartoon, it was how I started my Saturday mornings off at 630am....Mr Ed :)

• Admin
Underdog

Yogi Bear

Scooby Doo

"Underdog," how did I leave that out? Way to go Evan. I can remember almost all the lyrics to the title song, too.

What was that one about the genius dog and the "way back" machine?

Carolyn Marie

• Root Admin
"Underdog," how did I leave that out? Way to go Evan. I can remember almost all the lyrics to the title song, too.

What was that one about the genius dog and the "way back" machine?

Carolyn Marie

That would have been Rocky and Bulwinkle. I believe the names were Sherman and Mr Peabody. I could be wrong. My memory ain't what it used to be. LOL

MaryEllen

Guest TheShana82

Daria, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Looney Toons, Pepper Anne, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ( the original... not that rehashed rubbish), He-Man, Thundercats, Ahh Real Monsters, Angry Beavers.... how I miss my cartoons

Guest bronx

Okay-

Magilla Gorilla

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Speed Racer

Wacky Racers

All of Hanna Babarra

He man

Loony Toons

shows

The Magic Garden

Land of the Lost

Sigmound the Sea Monster

Okay I'm over 35

Oh lets go there already :P

The Jetsons

Kimba

Underdog

Yogi Bear

Hong Kong Phooey

Goober and the Ghost Chasers

Dynomutt

The Funky Phantom

Heckle and Jeckle

Fat Albert

Inch High Private Eye

Scooby Doo

A pretty good list!

Snaggle Puss was on the Huckelberry Hound show.

Quick Draw McGraw

Clutch Cargo and Space Angel - limited animation, sparce sound tracks (bongos and flute for Clutch) and filmed human mouths superimposed to save animating them talking!

George of the Jungle

Super Chicken

Tom Slick

Dudley Doright

Tom and Jerry

Tobor the 8th man - hint tobor is robot spelled backwrds - black and white Japanese animation

Popeye, the Sailor Man - the old Max Fleisher ones some black and white and later in color.

I'll quit before I get to Space Ghost and the Herculoids!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest CharlieRose

I was a PBS kid... My favorite show was Arthur, and I would watch these Mickey Mouse cartoons we had on videotape. Oh, and I devoured all the Animal Planet, Discovery Channel and PBS shows about zoology and paleontology, Jeff Corwin Adventure, Crocodile Hunter, etc. I was an animal freak. :D

Catdog is one I haven't heard of in a while. Rugrats I missed too. Powerpuff girls I got a guilty pleasure out of watching every once in a while. The jetsons, scooby doo and the flintsons were some of my favorites. Tom and Jerry too.

My absolute favorite was the Bugs bunny and Tweety show. My favorite character on there was either bugs himself for Silvester. I always wished that the poor cat would get a victory over Tweety although i never wished Tweety was eaten.

WACKY RACERS!!! -bugs out at mention of them- I loved them. Some of these shows play on the cartoon network in foreign counries or early on in my childhood. I loved the dog with his laugh.

Yogi i am a fan of. I am also a fan of the older teenage mutant ninja turtles which I got the pleasure of watching in Portugal. I went to Canada and saw the new series so I tried to watch it. Then I got horrified and never watched it again...

Pokemon, digimon, monster rancher and Yu-gi-oh I occasionally watched. That's all I'm getting into though, I was raised on cartoons so I remember many of them.

Guest Neuro

Aw man! I miss Pepper Ann and Doug, too. Recess used to be on every day, now it's not.

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, As Told by Ginger, 101 Dalmatians were favorites of mine too. Digimon, Magic School Bus, Scooby Doo, the old Rugrats.... <3

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alyssa Leigh
The only ones missing from your list are Cow and Chicken, Angry Beavers, and Ren and Stimpy.
Lol those were the good ol days when I didnt have a care in the world. I am starting to miss them again (,^ _ ,^)

Alyssa

Guest My_Genesis

1) Powerpuff Girls

2)Hey Arnold

3)Rocko's Modern Life

4)Rocket Power

5)CatDog

6)Pelswick

7)Doug

i never got into Pelswick, Powerpuff Girls or Rocko's, but I do miss all the other ones. Rocket Power was awesome, especially the snowboarding ones, my parents never took me anywhere to learn no matter how I begged so 10 years later i finally take a lesson...and now i miss rocket power.

oh yeah...what happened to rugrats?! :D

I liked angry beaver and as told by ginger also.... used to love pokemon, and Timon and Pumba.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ChloëC

The first cartoon series I ever watched was called Crusader Rabbit, about this little rabbit and his pal, Rags the Tiger, that would go around the countryside solving problems. It is historically known for being the first animation series designed strictly for television. Before that it was felt that the kind of animation that Disney and Warner Brothers (Looney Tunes) and MGM (Tom and Jerry) did was too expensive and detailed for TV and that only made for movie theater cartoons could be profitable enough to be shown on TV.

Crusader Rabbit in its use of recycling backgrounds (notice when they are walking that the woods cycle around and around), minimal movement of body parts, and other corner cutting showed that TV cartooning could be profitable. And I believe Hanna and Barbera worked as animators on Crusader Rabbit, thus paving the way for Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, and the rest.

My other favorites were Winky Dink, Gerald McBoingBoing, a little of Beany and Cecil and of course the entire Looney Tune/Merry Melody set. Especially the ones where Bugs or some other character put on or were put in feminine attire. I was fascinated that this was allowed on TV considering the tone of the times.

Guest Tammy Maher
The Wild Thornberries with that girl Eliza who traveled around with her family and that monkey

Kind of funny the monkey's name was Darwin.

the old Rugrats.... <3

I was thinking of getting a fan dub together and doing like a Rugrats; The Abridged Series Similar to like Yu-gi-oh the abridged series.

----------

Here is my list of stuff I compiled from the first page.

[*]Powerpuff Girls

[*]Hey Arnold

[*]Rocko's Modern Life

[*]Rocket Power

[*]CatDog

[*]Doug

[*]Simpsons (still running though)

[*]Spongebob Squarepants (re runs currently)

[*]Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (more the original movies than the cartoons)

[*]Magic School Bus

Now for my additions

[*]Are you afraid of the dark?

[*]Legends of the hidden temple

[*]What was that one where the kid had a talent and the nick stars had to guess it?

[*] I can't think of anymore at 1 AM

Good night

(^_^)/

(=_=)-zzzzzz

Janelle