• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Coming out at work

SaraB

This past week I finally got to test wether or not a certain "emo" esque coworker who follows me on my workout program picked up on the signs I left behind. We have always talked openly about stuff, but not about being trans. So friday I was talking and he asked, so how is the other job?  I responded with "I like it other than the one guy always coming up with news headlines to screw with LGBT topics....as a member of that community. "   He looked at me with a pause, then smiled and nodded. "I thought so. Been wondering for a while now." We kept talking about it for like half an hour but in code speak so the others didnt notice. In the end he was about as ally as I could ask for, which is what I had hoped for.

• Forum Moderator

That's great @SaraB

I hope you continue to have positive feed back and results, as you move forward.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Well, Tuesday I went and spilled to my parents. Almost didn't, again. Dinner to 10pm happy conversation, talking churches and differences and how thiers left the menonite conference over LGBT issues. Meanwhile I'm thinking "oh boy". Ended up leaving on a happy note, then as I was driving away said screw it. Called them up and had a phone session for another 1.5 hrs. Still parents and they still talk to me, but agreed to disagree. Only request from them was to get a proper counselor, which I am working with my church on that since my pastor has a trans son. Awkward as heck, but glad that's done now.

• Forum Moderator

That’s an acceptable response Sara.

Best wishes, 

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Indeed. Dad was mostly concerned that it was a deep seated long term(life long) thing and not just a midlife/divorce crisis. Also not a byproduct of anything in my upbriging, which by all normal indicies was a very good and safe life. Wish I could have brought myself to do it sooner, but the divorce papers are still in process so I didn't want to overdo it. Next thing will be telling that I am on HRT...