• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Thor 4: Love and Thunder has more LGBTQ+ representation than any other marvel movie before it

WillowA113

MILD SPOILER WARING 

I just watched the new film and it was awesome! One thing I loved was the representation. 
Valkyrie was confirmed by her actor, Tessa Thompson to be bisexual years ago, and we see finally it in action in Love and Thunder as she briefly mentions her girlfriend who died in battle and in another scene, she kissed a woman’s hand. 
Korg mentioned he was raised by two dads, and at the end of the film we see him in love with another male and they’re having a baby together. What’s interesting is that Korg’s species seems to be entirely gay. 
I also saw some queer people in the background as two Asgardian women were embracing each other. 
Meik was revealed to be trans. Meik was referred to by he/him pronouns in Ragnarok and Endgame but in Love and Thunder she was wearing feminine clothes and called by she/her pronouns. Some people might not be happy that the first ever trans character in the MCU isn’t even a human but I always liked Meik even before she was trans so I’m happy about it! 
Artemis is one of the many Greek deities that appear in the movie and in mythology, she was asexual, which is probably what she’ll be in the future Thor movies too. 
I may have missed some, but what I’ve seen is exciting. 
Of course, even this isn’t as much as it could be. It’s not like we’ve gotten any kisses or intimate moments. But it’s going in the right direction and I’m sure Thor 5 will be even better! The directors and actors have talked about Valkyrie possibly getting a girlfriend someday which will be cool. Korg has a boyfriend/husband now and while he only appeared briefly, he might have a role in a future film. 
I’m very happy about this. What do you all think?