• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Guys

Guest MrAwesome

Guest MrAwesome

Well, I like reading the topics in this forum, and reading the replies, and learning about all the other guys here. Some I've barely talked to on here and I feel I have a connection with them. Because on here we share our life experiences, we share our troubles, our good day, our bad days. And we all seem to have a lot in common. We are brothers. Here, I would like to give everyone a change to tell us about themselves. How their lives going, how transition is going, and just update when something new happens. Even if it's a person who just reads the posts but never replies, I'd like to get to know everyone a little better. ^_^

How's everyone's transition going? How's everyone feeling? What's everyone's interests? Etc. Etc.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EVAN_DESU

Ok so I have named myself Tristan Peter (after peter pan I will never grow up). I am right at the begining of my transition. I bind but don't really pass on close inspection of my chest seeing as I am a 42 FF I don't think I will untill I have chest surgry. I don't mind I still love to bind it makes me feel better. I love the journey I am on how it makes me feel looking to the future having aims. I love history and study alot. I am a mountin biker and have a keen intrest in art, photography and body art. I am feeling a little frustrated at the mo but its nothing to do with my transition. I plan to become a social worker and hope to work and live abroad ost probably Canada. I am a ladys man but have recently found a love of XX boys. Not sure what else tor write. Bye for now.

Guest B.heard

Hey Lewis :) Im another Brit :P Im on T and ive had top surgery also Transition is going ok at the moment I was in the store the other day with my friend and i said brb left her looking at shampoo I went like 5 feet got tube of hair wax came back and she jumped and went omg! I said what!? she said I thought there was a strange man coming near me! so Im thinking im passing ok mostly LOL

My interests are all sorts I love art and out doors activities I have a dog and we go everywhere I also love to game and spend probably to much time on my xbox :wacko: I dont have any love interests though I think my life is to confusing to involve other people in it right now.

Ps I love my new voice its still wonky and sounds 13yrs old but I dont care I love it. :D

Well my life as of right now is quite boring. No one wants to do anything, no one wants to bother talking with me (IRL, as far as friends).

I have become more lazy than usual and right now don't feel well (actually that might be the cause of a certain anime I'm watching, but hey..xDDD)

I am desperatly trying to come up with something good (as far as drawing) and I am failing miserably. I am starting to think I am not very good at anything....I don't mean that in a bad way it's just...I don't know. The food in my house right now is limited until monday and then it will still be limited until July 3rd, when our food stamps come in so I cannot drinkmore than one bottle/can of anything a day and have to stick to eating once (twice, maybe) a day, but I still have stuff to eat so it's okay. As far as my transition I have gotten nowhere, and am going nowhere for a while I suppose, just stuck.... Oh well.

Overall I am just very bored, and feel...Disgusting for some reason..Probably because of my ugly pimple-ridden face. (>.<)

Guest Neuro

Hey Mr.Awesome! I hope your transition's going smoothly. Mine is sort of at a stand-still, but I did dream of going to a sporting goods outlet last night to get some clothes and underarmor etc.! >:D

Hoping I get to see my therapist this week, but with tight money right now that might not happen unless I have some sorta breakdown OTL

I'm feeling: HUNGRY I can't wait until spaghetti and meatballs get done cooking *DROOOLLLLLLLSSSSSsss*

o30

The name's Michael, AKA Neuro (spread it like buttah) and currently, my parents are still pretty sure I'm just a tomboy. Last night they were talking about "What crock" GLBT pride day was, "Why do THEY have to have a day to parade around and glorify unnatural sex? You don't see straight normal people doing that."

...While I, female-bodied but pansexual male in mind sit right next to them.

=_____= not even a slight regard, lesigh~

--Michael

P.S: Interests: Manga, anime, dating-sim games, labcoats, glasses. Wish: to be a professional comic-mastah.

hi another BRIT!

im LEO FREDERICK, not really started my transition properly tis like a boat rocking back and forward

i bind, which is not easy im a 28E! but i can pass i think (well thw guys tell me on here)

i am living 2 lives, well 3 now, female for work, Male in my time and andro around family, so im GETTING there lol!

off to uni in september where hopefully get everything sorted!

Guest Potter

Hi, I'm a Dutch guy. I'm pre-T. I'm 27. After thinking about this long and hard, I decided a little while ago that, yes I am a man, actually always was, and I can't live as a masculine girl. It's just not who I am. I want to be hairy, strong,have a low voice, not have boobs etc.

Last week I've been to my first support group, which was a lot of fun. I've been binding for a while now. I pass occasionally, my voice usually gives me away.

I have a boyfriend who knows. I've just come out to my friends last month. I'm just getting used to being called Chris. I'm not out in college. Currently sacred to death about telling my parents, and feeling guilty for not having told them yet. That is me in a nutshell.

Guest Chris_421

Oooo, I get to talk about myself, my favourite subject! Just kidding.

I've been doing alright. Transition wise, I have been on testosterone now for about 1 year and 5 months, and that's going well, I'm a hairy beast. My last doctor's appointment was a physical, in which I hope that that was my last pap, EVER! I didn't have that great of an experience with that. But now I'm just waiting to be referred to a gyne to hopefully get a hysterectomy done. I'm also wondering if I should save up money to go to whichever surgeon I want for top surgery, or if I want to go through my province's health plan. I'd have to travel to toronto to the clinic they have there to be assessed for it which I think is dumb since I was diagnosed 2 years ago. Bleh.

Guest Martin

My name is Martin.

I thought I had finished transitioning years ago, but I realized last year that I really needed bottom surgery. I had the first of three bottom surgeries on May 12th and will be having the other two this year. Now that I'm permanently infertile, I can change my sex legally in Germany, and I'm currently trying to get a hold of the German Embassy to figure out how to do that. I don't like red tape. I also might start training my voice to sound more masculine. While I have the pitch, I don't have the inflection.

I'm not feeling too good. My depression and anxiety are acting up, and I feel really stressed out and overwhelmed.

My interests are gender, service animals (I have one - he's REALLY cute), music, language arts, thinking games, integrity/ethics, Germany, and collecting knives and coins.

Guest My_Genesis

glad someone around here is good at the get to know you thing cuz i certainly never was :P

I haven't started transition. lol i feel like my body has though, there's some physical stuff that i want to get checked out sometime soon.

I grew up in NYC (not the actual city but queens, so yeah). I go to college in Colorado and will be a sophomore in Sept. I actually like it better over there. I found it easier to just talk to people, it's more laid-back and stuff ....At home I've always been pretty lonely and never got along with my parents too well (in a way im like the rebel black sheep in my family.) I feel like in a way they sheltered me and that caused me to feel more isolated (in addition to being trans.)

So I'm looking forward to going back to school. I'm a bio major (not declared officially) right now, although I really like computer stuff and am considering either minoring in Comp.Science or switching my major to Bioinformatics to combine my interests.

So yeah i really like computers. also really like science. i was reading wired earlier today lol.

I started taking guitar lessons at school for the spring and my dad has an acoustic at home that im practicing on over break. guitar im finding is the most difficult thing ever to learn! but i really want to learn so i guess eventually i will :)

I kind of want to start my transition after college, I feel like I'd be more established by then - socially and financially. right now i am broke and so are my parents :(

plus i graduate in 2012 and that is the year the world is supposed to "end" aka redeem itself :D

I am feeling alright I guess, lately I have kind of a bad temper...that I am getting decent at repressing so it doesn't get me in too much trouble lol. I just get frustrated with my whole situation sometimes. I've been feeling very hungry lately too :P

Guest MrAwesome

Lets start with this- does just about every FTM either have really big boobs, or really small ones? or is it just me? :P LOL

I think binding makes all of us feel better mentally... not physically by any means buuuutttt... I think the idea of not having these huge lumps sticking out of your chest helps... Also if you wear a large shirt, it might not pass under close inspection but general people not paying much attention will just see a guy.

It's good that your doing so well with your transition Bheard. I was afraid I was the only one... o.o

Misaki, that really sucks. Are your parents at least talking about you transitioning? I think that you should bring things up to them an issue at a time, and be persistent. Starting with Clothing, haircuts, then binding, then talking to them about school. Etc. (Not my preferred plan of action but it gets the job done...)

Neuro, Yes it is going well. :) Your parents are probably in denial still. If they say something like that "Politely" speak up and remind them Gently that you are a PART of the LGBT community. and tell them that it makes YOU feel ---- when they say things like that. (Gotta love I-messages.)

Leo, yes the binder does work very nicely. I'm guessing yours isn't like Stranded's that weren't at all pliable...

POTTER! You're just like your father, always causing trouble! -My attempt at talking like Snape... -

Well, I'm glad you finally figured out who you are. :) They say that the people you expect to react the worse react the best... that's what happened with my family, mom was afraid they'd react badly, but they didn't. Keep it up, you're going through the toughest part right now, once the coming out and outwardly expressing your Gender, and getting a therapist is over, it gets a lot smoother. :)

2nd Chris, yes talking about yourself is fun. I like talking about myself too. ;P I'm glad your transition is also going well. I can't wait till I'm on T. :)

Martin, I'm glad that your able to Change your gender. Good luck with your Surgeries. What all are you getting/have got done?

Guest Cody_T

Umm... I'm having my third therapy session on thursday. It seems like I'll be able to start T after 12 of these, so fingers crossed.

My therapist wants me to get either an ID card or my license with the name Cody on it (apparently pretty easy w/out name change). I'm leaning toward ID cause I don't want to change all my EMT stuff. And also to open a bank account/debit card in my name. And then schedule a physical with an endo near me.

I don't bind right now because it is painful if done right and as my hair was getting too long for me to be consistently read male I stopped caring so much. Then I got it cut short again, and I think I should definitely start binding again because I'm getting weird looks :P. I wanna order a new (hopefully better) binder soon, since the one I have is too big and doesn't get me very far. Although it does approximate man boobs much better than my current (38 DD) sitch...

Oh and I went to a pflag meeting, albeit without my parents (which was really the whole point of it) cause they couldn't come. But there were three trans people (two women, one other guy) there and it seemed cool so yeah... hopefully my parents will show next time.

And I'm pitifully in need of clothes. Luckily jeans don't need to be washed very often or I'd be screwed.

I like baseball, movies, good clothes, fast cars... and you. What else you need to know? ;)

Guest _Michael

As of this point I'm still pre t but I am 7 therapist visits away. I can present pretty masculine ever so i generally pass half and half, but I'm tired of looking 12. I'm looking into top surgery right now but that's going to be a year away.

On the side I write, I like to read, and I do theatrical gender performance (a.k.a. drag) in bars around New Orleans and the rest of LA, and occasionally I get to travel out of state and party with other gender benders.

Guest Neuro

Cool that there are so many guys here o3o

To answer our question Mr. Awesome, mine are naturally small HOH HOH barely an A in the female scale. So, I'm lucky there. Some shirts I can get away with not binding at all, but I normally wear 2 sports bras and maybe a tank top underneath for a flatter look. I hope to get a real binder soon though, like an underworks or underarmor that is less of a hassle fffff. Even though they're small, I do plan on having reduction/mastectomy whatever you call it so I can go swimming or whatever like a normal guy, without a shirt. WOOOOOO!

Is mein dreamin'.

I allllways worry that someone is gonna fall in an escalator or something and grab my man-chest and feel 'SUMTHIN' NOT RIGHT' like in one of those 90's anime... and discover even with binding I have something not entirely right going on there D8

I want to talk to them about that stuff, but I don't think it'll work....

Yeah I can get clothes but it means nothing if I can't bind because I am not so lucky and am almost a D cup. (>.<)

I just don't know anymore. :/

Guest Martin

Thanks. On March 9, 2005 I had a peri done (so, top surgery). On May 12, 2009 I had a metoidioplasty with urethral lengthening, vaginectomy, hysterectomy, and oophorectomy done. My external stitches finally finished coming out yesterday. On August 12, 2009 I'll get a scrotoplasty with testicular expanders. On December 17, 2009 I'll get the expanders replaced with two permanent prosthetics. This stuff is ridiculously expensive.

Leo, good luck at college.

My_Genesis, that's cool, that you're learning guitar. I'm also at a college in Colorado. Well, I was - I'm at my parents' place (also in Colorado) for the summer.

Guest joeytheman16
Well, I like reading the topics in this forum, and reading the replies, and learning about all the other guys here. Some I've barely talked to on here and I feel I have a connection with them. Because on here we share our life experiences, we share our troubles, our good day, our bad days. And we all seem to have a lot in common. We are brothers. Here, I would like to give everyone a change to tell us about themselves. How their lives going, how transition is going, and just update when something new happens. Even if it's a person who just reads the posts but never replies, I'd like to get to know everyone a little better. ^_^

How's everyone's transition going? How's everyone feeling? What's everyone's interests? Etc. Etc.

Hey Bud!

I am Joseph Alexander, but Joey or Joe is better. My name started as a nickname from a friend, then it just stuck. I am a 17 year old college freshman.

Transition is going well. I have an ftm friend whose "wife" makes binders. I am getting 2! So whoo-hoo party for me cuz I am going to burn the ace bandage. Other than that I am still pre-T and I am looking for a therapist where I am moving to.

Other than transition, I'm doing pretty good. I am losing weight and building muscle. I am moving while still having to go to college where I am living now. Tons of stress, plus still living with my parents and they are both getting surgery before I move. (meanwhile I am sitting in the corner going "what about mine?!")

As far as interests go, I am I complete engine freak. Anything with a motor in it, I will mess with. I love my truck (87 F-150). Unfortunately, it does have it's issues. I may have to sell it. I am going to college to become a Ford Certified Technician, they have an internship program (Ford ASSET). I am moving back to my hometown, so I get to hang out with all my friends again. After college I have no clue what I am going to do (other than work for a Ford dealer). I have a loving and accepting fiance but I can't see her very often right now because of family issues.

Well, I think that pretty much sums me up.

--Joey

Guest joeytheman16

Oh and about the boobs either being huge or really small in us brothers. No, I am about a B (I don't know for sure though the last time I wore a bra was in 6th grade!)

Just though I would let you know.

Guest Shane_82

So let see..

I'm Shane... I only just started therapy this past wednesday... but at least it's started.... Very into working out, anime, video games, trucks, and women... uh.. yeah.. guess I'm kinda boring

Feeling alright... overly tired for some strange reason lately... but I'll get over it

As for the chest question... I don't even know what size they are... I just know there is too much there for my liking...

Guest Martin

Shane, yeah, I didn't measure the ones on me until I knew I could have surgery and had to figure out if I could get a peri. Never wore a bra. Since I did get that surgery, I now know they used to be small, but they felt HUGE to me.

Ahh, the chest issue. Part of the bane of my existence, especially since I've always been extremely masculine despite every authority figure I ever ran into telling me to change (You're not a boy, Eck, you're a girl, so start acting like one). Does 38B sound right? I'm no good at telling what size they are. They're just too big and I hate them! :rolleyes:

I'm Eck. I have one semester left at college and I'll have my double-major in Biology/Psychology. Future plans include going to medical school and becoming a doctor - more specifically a psychiatrist.

Interests...I could write a book on that subject! Watercolor painting and bike-riding are the main themes right now, since it's summer. I won't bore you with the hundreds of other thoughts and hobbies that are "out of season" right now. It adds to the mystery of my persona. B)

As far as transitioning goes, I'm in the researching stage. Physically speaking, I'm thinking that testosterone therapy and a double mastectomy would be a good start.

Eck

Guest MrAwesome

awww that sucks Misaki :( And I think it WILL work. I Call it annoy your parents to death... ;P how tight/loose would a medium be? I have 3 mediums and I'm getting a new binder soon, maybe I can send you one of my mediums if nothing else? Or actually, if you can an allowance, go to walmart and buy a 50$ prepay Visa card, and you can activate it on the website, then go to underworks and purchase one... that's what I'd do cause I'm a rebel! ;) *puts on crazy St.Pattricks day hat* See? It's not St pattys day! XD I'm rebellious! >:P

awww that sucks Misaki :( And I think it WILL work. I Call it annoy your parents to death... ;P how tight/loose would a medium be? I have 3 mediums and I'm getting a new binder soon, maybe I can send you one of my mediums if nothing else? Or actually, if you can an allowance, go to walmart and buy a 50$ prepay Visa card, and you can activate it on the website, then go to underworks and purchase one... that's what I'd do cause I'm a rebel! ;) *puts on crazy St.Pattricks day hat* See? It's not St pattys day! XD I'm rebellious! >:P

I know but..My parents really don't have much money now, they haven't for years....

I can't talk to my dad really, and well, with my mom things ALWAYS end up in a fight.

I don't know how tight or loose a medium would be, but theres no harm in trying, thats if you would do that, even if its not the right size, I would appreciate it immensly, like, for real.

Guest Neuro

WOW a prepaid Visa gift card...... THAT IS THE BEST IDEA IN THE ENTIRE WORLD AFGLKAJGHGJKSDL';LGHSFJHV

SNAP, YOU ARE NOT CALLED MR. AWESOME FOR NO REASON!!!! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT BEFORE FFFFFF

I've always been afraid of buying things online because it would be through my parents paypal, but a gift card.... HEAVENS TO MURGATROY it is all becoming so simple.

Now if only I had the money to do such said task OTL