• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Almost coming out

LaurenA

Today was a meeting of a hobby group I belonged to.  I decided it was time I came out to the group as myself.  I dressed accordingly and went to the meeting.  To my chagrin I discovered the meeting was next week.  I'm both disappointed and relieved at the same time.  It's also made me wonder If I had made the right decision.  It's going to have to happen sometime.  I keep putting it off.  Just like I put off letting my job know.  I wear a trans pride flag lapel pin at work all the time but nobody seems to see it.  I always wonder if they are ignoring it or they just don't know what it mans.

@LaurenA I guess you could call it a "dress rehearsal." As I began coming out on this journey I began mostly as androgynous, as time passed & I grew more comfortable with me & anxiety waned, my presentation became more feminine, more authentic to me. I had to leave what others might think to them, as how I felt about me was amazing, a balance of mind & body. 

Hugs!

Delcina 

I think I will be a bit like Delcina in the sense of making gradual shifts toward my real self and letting those around me have their reactions without having to involve myself.  As someone recently taught me:  it is not my responsibility to explain or justify my transition to anyone.  My only responsibility is to let my authentic self out and be free.

(who am I kidding?  yes I will do just as I said but that won't remove my fear and worries. still, I forge ahead, because it is what I need to do.)

Well today is actually the meeting of a hobby group that I mentioned.  Right now I'm thinking of dressing as myself and introducing myself with my new name just like before.  I'm scared.  I wonder if this will cause me to leave the group.  I worry that there are people in the group that will ridicule me.  I know there is at least one person who will accept me as I am.  It's all the others I'm worried about.

Talk about a non-event.  I introduced myself as Lauren and nobody eve batted an eye.  At the end of the meeting I was even asked what pronouns I wanted to use.  A lot of worry on my part for nothing.

25 minutes ago, LaurenA said:

Talk about a non-event.  I introduced myself as Lauren and nobody eve batted an eye.  At the end of the meeting I was even asked what pronouns I wanted to use.  A lot of worry on my part for nothing.

That's great and well done.

• Forum Moderator
39 minutes ago, LaurenA said:

I was even asked what pronouns I wanted to use.  A lot of worry on my part for nothing.

That's great Lauren,

I'm so happy for you.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

7 hours ago, LaurenA said:

Sounds like quite a relief! I'm glad it went well!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

jacobb
    Newest Member
    jacobb

1. Adele Svetova
      Adele Svetova
      (25 years old)
    2. BROOKSGLASS
      BROOKSGLASS
      (34 years old)
    3. FinnyFinsterHH
      FinnyFinsterHH
      (16 years old)
    4. fool4luv
      fool4luv
      (26 years old)
    5. itsaddison
      itsaddison
      (20 years old)
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/27/politics/lgbtq-health-care-biden-administration-rules-affordable-care-act/index.html   Personally, I think this is a very good thing.   Carolyn Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I'd love to have a dinner party with Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Voltaire, and Ayn Rand.  Would definitely be an interesting time. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      In the forward I learn that transgenderism is bad, and somewhere else that transgender ideology is bad.  I have not yet read a definition of either in the document.  I assume they are the same.  I know Focus on a Family has a definition of transgenderism on their website, or did, but I am not sure this is the same as that.  I might agree that transgenderism is bad if they use a definition I condemn (e.g. transgenderism means you always pour ketchup in your shoes before you put them on - I could not agree to that).  Is someone who believes in transgenderism, whatever it is, a transgenderist? I never see that term.  There may be other definitions out there, but I don't think there is an Official Definition that we all agree to.
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Crazy fact, was gonna go to the school where this went down at before I moved, have a lot of friends there. I know at least one of my friends met the guy on one occasion, not knowing who it was.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They are thinking of Loudon.  The problem there was the girls were not protected from a known predator, who was moved from one school to another instead being effectively disciplined.  Outlaw school administrators? <sarc>
    • Abigail Genevieve
      How ironic.  I agree with the governor "“You cannot change your gender; you cannot pick your gender…there is a confused group of people that somehow think you can,”    - we are what we are, we are fighting the fact we CANNOT change our gender, which we did not pick.  Many if not all of us would not have picked a trans condition and have sought to evade, deny or move out or resolve it anyway we can.  Those who are confused on this issue are not trans folk.  They want us to change our gender but they deny we can.  Confusion.  
    • Vidanjali
      @FinnyFinsterHH no one can satisfy your questions about what will the future hold. But I can advise you to slow your mind down as much as you're able. Take it slow and one moment at a time. This advice goes beyond the practical reality that that's truly all you can do - further, try to enjoy each moment. It's clear you have a lot of aspirations regarding transition. But it's best to try to accept the bounds of your life circumstances at present because if you develop worries or even resentments about them, that will only make you bitter and more anxious. Instead, try to focus on anything you find affirming. Practice positive self-talk and give yourself affirmations too. Try to let go of expectations of your family members - they can only deal with change to the capacity they're able due to their own life conditions. Allow them grace as you wish they would allow you. Practice patience.   Try this exercise - read through your post and make one list of the positive developments and another of things you cannot control (including the future). If you have a sense of spirituality, offer the second list as a sacrifice to however you understand a higher power - leave it in their hands. If you're not spiritual, then offer it up to hope. Then throw that list away. Keep the list of positives and leave some room on it because guaranteed you'll have more and more to add. Look forward to that, but don't let your mind think it can rush things. Try to enjoy the ride. 
    • Vidanjali
      Happy birthday, Sam! Lotsa love!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I still have not read much of this.  Very little of this document pertains to trans folk.  Some of the statements are more than problematic concerning trans folk.   It certainly was not written just to get us.   " those with gender dysphoria should be expelled from military service."  and "Reverse policies that allow transgender individuals to serve in the military. Gender dysphoria is incompatible with the demands of military service,"  https://static.project2025.org/2025_MandateForLeadership_CHAPTER-04.pdf are two lines out of hundreds if not thousands regarding the Department of Defense, targeting trans folk in an almost off-hand manner.    So if a fighter pilot, say, or a ship's captain, highly experienced and trained at enormous expense, is determined to be transgender (method unknown) the US loses someone badly needed due to the personnel shortage who is ready, willing and able to perform their duties.  Many trans folk have served well and transitioned later.  I don't think this point is well thought out.    A number of policy recommendations I would disagree with.  I am not sure there is a method to discuss those with the authors; I am attempting to find out.  I have good conservative creds.    They are fully intending to implement this, regardless of who the president is, as long as that president is conservative. It is not Trump centered.  I don't think he had anything to do with it. 
    • April Marie
      I wear a Delimira Mastectomy sleep bra with Vollence sleep rated breast forms. The form fit inside pockets so they don't touch your skin. I bought the bras on Amazon and found the forms on eBay. They were much less expensive than buying through the other sources. 
    • Ashley0616
      I wore an olive corduroy coverall dress with a navy blue shirt underneath. 
    • Ashley0616
      @LittleSamCongratulations on one of the biggest decisions. Looking forward to your progress. 
    • Ivy
      I don't wear a bra to bed.  The girls aren't big enough to need it, but still enough to appreciate.  Just a flannel nightgown suits me fine.
    • Ashley0616
      You're welcome. I'm here quite often if you need me. 
    • Ashley0616
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.