• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Texas state department orders people to dress in accordance with their “biological gender”

Ivy

• Forum Moderator
18 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

We can only hope.

I hope they get run out of town on a rail.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 2 weeks later...

Republican who called drag shows a threat to kids quits after sex with intern.

Texas lawmaker gave alcohol to intern, 19, and another young staffer, and had sex with intern when she was intoxicated. 

Yeah, so drag shows are disgusting but this guy's a saint? Sure. Lock him up with Trump—they deserve each other.

• Admin

@DavieIt is uncanny that the strongest protestors are most often closet perps of even worse social illness!!

• Forum Moderator

I'm not surprised when i see the leader of the GOP found liable for sexual assault.  When you claim you can grab them by the p.....ies what can you expect other men in the grand old rotten party to do.  The "moral majority".

Hugs,

Charlize

Justice fights back.

Constitutional Lawyers Mobilize Against Trans Care Bans Nationwide: 9 States Now Sued

While the wave of anti-trans legislation has been hard to witness, we are seeing the beginning of the fight back in the courts. Gender affirming care bans are challenged in 9 states now.

— Erin Reed @ErinInTheMorn

MAY 10

• Admin

Carrying the fight forward is a positive step.  But, as I was reminded by an NTCE colleague today, there are risks.  Trump packed so many courts, especially in red states, that filing a challenge with an unfavorable court could set us back greatly.  Some Federal Circuit Courts are no-goes.  So it gets to be a chess match.  It is going to be an uphill climb out of the cesspool that the R states have created for us.

Carolyn Marie

BREAKING: We just filed a lawsuit challenging Montana’s sweeping ban on gender-affirming health care for trans youth. This is the sixth time we’ve sued to defend trans youths' health care in the past month.
 — ACLU,  @ACLU

Uh-oh! Evidence released, Unconfirmed reports that Davie once played with dolls has been confirmed in latest photo discovery from the archives. Who ever thought I'd be so pleased to see this? 286206242_David1950copy.jpg.e30ef6b4e7ada7ee12910fb5cd0a7772.jpg

This law is so vague it's remarkable.  How about a male with an earring?  is that not conforming enough?

Yeah it's crazy to think about it.  I knew guys in high school who had earrings, or wore their hair long, or even occasional black nail polish.   Are those things now too feminine for a guy to do?

On 5/9/2023 at 5:47 PM, VickySGV said:

@DavieIt is uncanny that the strongest protestors are most often closet perps of even worse social illness!!

So true!

The attacks on trans people at the moment are vile. They remind me of attacks on gays some years ago, with overlaps in the same arguments.

The reactionary right will get their comeuppance. We have to sit tight and also fight back where we can.