• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hands

Mirrabooka

Just wondering - if you had 60yo working class hands with loose and blotchy skin, complete with some hair on the back of them and also the base finger joints, how would you go about making them look more feminine? 

The skin on the back of my hands is supple enough so I doubt that moisturiser would be of any benefit, although I do use it occasionally if roughness develops. The blotches are like giant freckles; I have several of them and while they don't dominate, they are ugly. I'm not sure how to deal with haIry hands and fingers. I am jealous of young people and also AFAB's who all have beautiful skin! I know I can't be them, but I would like to improve the back of my my hands, especially since I have started growing my nails and coating them with clear nail gel, which highlight the pinkness of the nail body and the whiteness of the tips.

Thanks, 💖

16904564625132717671464581307249.thumb.jpg.d6996192e5de2665bf899e455353cc31.jpg

I don't have Barbie hands, and I worked with these hands as well. I shave off the hair on them every few days and keep lotion on them everyday. 

I also noticed that the longer I am away from work they smoother my hands are getting a well. 

• Forum Moderator

Hands and feet ate always difficult.  Mine are big and my hands like yours are rough and bent from years of work and arthritis,  I remember even wearing formal white gloves to "hide " them . Unfortunately my hands are also bruised because even small bumps cause that when you are on blood thinners.  We are still farming but at least i'm not doing construction   Today i do my best to simply accept.  I go to the salon and love the pampering, leaving with usually red polish.  

What can i do as a 75 year old trans woman?  I just try to enjoy what i've got and the lovely world that surrounds us

Hugs,

Charlize

Thanks, ladies. @Birdie - grow your nails, girl! ;) 

I guess I am wanting to drink from the fountain of youth, silly me. I consider good skin as a thing of beauty, but I know that it isn't the sole indicator of who we are. We are all beautiful in our own way (thanks, Ray Stevens ;) )

My hands have softened over the past couple of years as I have tapered off at work, but it's too late for me and I will never stop being jealous of those who have beautiful skin now.

@Mirrabooka

It seems like many of the facial skin treatments MAY also help with hands. I guess find a reputable beautician and

get a quote :P. Unfortunately, there seems to be no regulation for beauty products claims. Sunscreen seems to be NO1 

recommendation .

Hugz

maybeRob

• Forum Moderator

Grow and paint your nails. I'm lucky enough to have mine treated at Cosmo Nails in Westfield, IN once a month or the day before I'm going somewhere that requires them to look real nice. Color also helps. My hands are very blue collar, and starting to bend with arthritis. One day I hope to be able to have some real nice nail caps... Maybe for Halloween. (BikerChick.com)

Nails 1.jpg

Nails 2.jpg

Nails 3.jpg

Skull Nails.jpg

Those caps are craaazy Mmindy😊

it’s awesome that you do your nails on a workbench

Nails are not my forte, but planning to work on them Saturday!

• Forum Moderator

@MaddeeI have them dipped for extra strength to hold up to the work I put them through. I also wear leather glove when I'm working to protect them.

• 8 months later...

So after all this time, I only just got around to shaving the hair off the back of my hands and fingers about a week ago. I used my wife's electric shaver that she uses on her legs and underarms, right after I did my underarms with it. I just thought, what the heck. The shaver did a pretty clean job straight up.

The difference in appearance is amazing. What I seem to notice though is that the hairs are growing back as quick as facial hair? Or am I imagining it? For those of you who haven't used any of the permanent hair removal methods on your hands and fingers, have you found that you need to keep shaving them as often as your face?

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mirrabooka said:

The difference in appearance is amazing. What I seem to notice though is that the hairs are growing back as quick as facial hair? Or am I imagining it? For those of you who haven't used any of the permanent hair removal methods on your hands and fingers, have you found that you need to keep shaving them as often as your face?

G'day Mirrabooka,

First let me say thank you. I wear gloves in the shop so m hand no longer take the nicks and scrapes they use to. I also was them with a soft fingernail brush followed by a quality hand lotion. Neutrogena, Aquaphor or Eucerin these lotions are thick like petroleum jelly, and nothing like the skin lotions you would use after a bath or shower. I love the lighter lotions too, but mostly I use them for the fragrances Lavender being my favorite.

Now the the hair removal question. For real close smooth removal I use a razor. In between the razor shaves, I use an electric razor to buy time before I have to razor shave again. It has been my experience that my body hair grow at a slightly slower rate than my facial hair. I shave my face everyday, and use the electric shaver on my body when I shower. For the best feeling of my clothing, I use a razor blade, on Friday or Saturday during my shower. I do have to point out that the electric shaver heads will get dull and start pulling instead of cutting your hair. I have to replace the rotor heads at least once a year. Remember to use your favorite skin care lotions after each shave.

Lotion, lotion, lotion.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋