• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Donald Trump Links Middle East War to Trans Folk In a Social Media Post

Carolyn Marie

There are people on the left that I don't particularly trust.  But all I can say is that it's not Antifa, but the right-wing that's trying to take away my right to healthcare and use the potty.

• Admin

This topic has strayed far from the original post regarding what DJT said about trans people and the Middle East war.  Either it gets back to that, or we'll end discussion.  Thank you.

Carolyn Marie

W/r/t Trump’s comment I actually find it kind of illuminating. It never occurred to me that one reason for the anti-trans moral panic might be fear that a “feminised” country would not be able to defend itself. It’s quite fascinating what that suggests about masculine insecurity.

1 hour ago, Betty K said:

It’s quite fascinating what that suggests about masculine insecurity.

I believe a lot of transphobia is based on masculine insecurity and misogyny.

40 minutes ago, Ivy said:

I believe a lot of transphobia is based on masculine insecurity and misogyny.

Yes, I agree. I just never followed that line to fear of invasion though! 

50 minutes ago, Betty K said:

I just never followed that line to fear of invasion though

I doubt that even he believes that BS.

6 hours ago, Ivy said:

I doubt that even he believes that BS.

Yeah I doubt that too, but I feel as if this tweet has been workshopped a little more than some of his. Or even if not, I get the sense that there are probably people who do believe this bs and Trump is playing them effectively with this tweet. 

Did you ever see that clip of Trump mocking an audience at some Republican event because they cheered his anti-trans rhetoric? 

54 minutes ago, Betty K said:

Did you ever see that clip of Trump mocking an audience at some Republican event because they cheered his anti-trans rhetoric? 

Don't know…  But I have seen where he talks about when he mentions trans issues his supporters go wild.  He seems amazed, but also thrilled that he can use this.

57 minutes ago, Betty K said:

Trump is playing them effectively with this tweet. 

Whatever one believes, or doesn't believe about his intelligence, he is a master at playing people.  I'm convinced that is his "gift" - along with having no conscience.

2 hours ago, Ivy said:

Whatever one believes, or doesn't believe about his intelligence, he is a master at playing people.  I'm convinced that is his "gift" - along with having no conscience.

That's the sense that I've always had - that he's playing an audience.  I've never been sure what the man actually believes - if he believes anything at all.  I mean, he's a rich kid from New York (in spite of his current Florida residence), and most of his life he was registered as a Democrat.  Then suddenly he's a right-wing Republican?  He chased women and appeared on Howard Stern, now he's religious.  You don't just turn from that sort of origin overnight.  How he figured out how to talk to the people in flyover country, let alone appeal to religious folks is quite a mystery. 

The Republican treatment of the trans issue seems to be a major case of "repeat something often enough until everybody believes it."  I don't recall people caring much about it until all of a sudden it was being discussed constantly.  Half the people I know would never have learned what a pronoun was unless it was talked about on TV. 

The things Trump says are a weird mix.  Like, crafted to appeal to a base voter, but also still annoying and rude like they're not crafted at all.  Part refers to legit issues, and part is just off-the-wall. 

9 hours ago, Ivy said:

Don't know…  But I have seen where he talks about when he mentions trans issues his supporters go wild.  He seems amazed, but also thrilled that he can use this.

There’s a clip where he starts listing his policies to a room full of Republicans and when he gets to the anti-trans bit they start cheering. Trump stops and says something like, “Look at you all suddenly caring about transgender people. A year ago you didn’t even know what transgender was. Meanwhile I say I’m going to cut taxes and none of you care.” He was so obviously just paying lip-service to the anti-trans sentiment to pander to his voting base. 

I agree he is a consummate conman. 

13 hours ago, Ivy said:

a master at playing people.  I'm convinced that is his "gift" - along with having no conscience.

That's the definition of a psychopath. 

@Betty KIt took me a while Bette, but I think I found the video you mentioned.  What you quoted is at around 01:12 - but it's actually the point of the whole news piece.  Crazy stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmqDJixx94

4 hours ago, Betty K said:

He was so obviously just paying lip-service to the anti-trans sentiment to pander to his voting base.

The thing is, that if he gets back in power, he'll do those things to keep his followers juiced up - whether he believes them or not.

1 hour ago, KayC said:

Crazy stuff!

Insane, huh? Amazing how open he is about it. What a character.

1 hour ago, Ivy said:

The thing is, that if he gets back in power, he'll do those things to keep his followers juiced up - whether he believes them or not.

I totally agree Ivy. 

On 10/11/2023 at 9:13 AM, Ivy said:

Exactly. Whether he believes what he says or not is irrelevant. He said those things, his party says those things, his party has passed all of these anti-trans laws.

As has tragically happened since ancient times, the scapegoat has been chosen and we know the playbook.

Don't give up hope and don't let them steal our strength. There are many good people (cis and trans) and organizations in this world fighting for us.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 152 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Ivy
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • SydneyAngel
    • Betty K