• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Time Goes By -- 11 Years A Postie

VickySGV

• Admin

It was just a few hours and 11 years ago that I was eating my first Post GCS hospital food meal after coming through 4.5 hours worth of GCS surgery, add on two more hours in the anesthesia recovery room where my first thing to come up was a memory of life was a car trip at age 6 pleading with my dad to stop so I could go for a pee.  They told me later that had coincided with placing a catheter which I would have until the following week.  I remember that my first meal was Miso Soup and what were actually some good enchiladas.  They did not let me have the beans with the enchiladas and actually that was a good thing, since I was on some pretty hefty pain meds that without the beans still led to some nasty digestive tract gas 24 hours later which became a bigger pain that the surgical healing area really had.  The high octane pain meds were reduced even before the gas hit, but that led to my only regret about the surgery but it was sharp and memorable.

What I did, I did for ME only!!  The recovery had its ups and downs, (a good number recorded here in this forum) and while today I know what it did not and does not do, as I said only the one brief regret.  As that first few months went by I made a firm decision that I stick with today, and that is that I will not "cheer-lead" or try to sway any undecided person to have surgery of any sort.  If a person has firmly decided that surgery is what will fulfill them, then I am here to support you, but you are the one who decides it is right and I will not encourage you or doubt you or second guess you.  That is one of the real elements of ownership of our lives and we are right to be jealous of it.

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, sasha1979 said:

I had mine 28th feb 2005

On 1/15/2024 at 10:24 PM, VickySGV said:

It was just a few hours and 11 years ago that I was eating my first Post GCS hospital food meal after coming through 4.5 hours worth of GCS surgery

Congrats to both of you on this continually growing milestone. You two are proof that despite the difficulties, it was needed step in bettering yourselves. It’s also another example for the ‘nay sayers’ and anti-trans ‘know it all’s’ that transition is not just a phase or fad that goes away in time.

My Best,

Susan R🌷