• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

I played Peter Green's "Oh Well" at a concert in December as I portrayed Tom Petty (who also covered it) but these ladies I'd never heard of did an excellent job. Ever hear of Haim?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh yes and yet another wonderful girl bass player with Grace Potter

and let's not forget the Wilson Sisters in Heart...sweet...

• Forum Moderator
Cyndee

That Grace Potter, is just sooo cool.

And yes, we've worshiped the Wilson sisters. One gig we played at this place in N Seattle called "Parkers" was one of Heart's  launching platforms, and backstage were their autographs written on the walls, legendary !

Since we are in girl bass mode, I just admire Tina in Talking heads, she is so solid, great vocalist.

From their stellar "Remain in light" album (1980)

The Great Curve

Siobhan

The Devil May Care by The Brian Jonestown Massacre

Tori M
3 hours ago, Shay said:

Squire was a lead player and was amazing. One other underrated bass player I  think is John Entwhistle from the Who. If you really listen to, his was excellent.

A great young Australian girl,bass player i really love in the past 5-10 years is Tal Wilkenfeld.

Shay

Oh my yes, Tal is amazing!  Wasn't a big Who fan but noticed Entwhistle mostly for being so loud!  He had some crazy speaker designs early on.  I never really excelled at 6 string; definitely no Page.  Tried bass but my fingers and hands were too small/weak and my pinkies were useless.  Then I saw little Tal... how does she do that!  Couple of new names here that I must check out.

Siobhan
3 hours ago, Shay said:

Squire was a lead player and was amazing. One other underrated bass player I  think is John Entwhistle from the Who. If you really listen to, his was excellent.

Interesting, I never really thought of him as underrated. I've always felt he was pretty iconic. I especially love his bass work on 'Bargain'

• Forum Moderator
Cyndee
26 minutes ago, Siobhan said:

Interesting, I never really thought of him as underrated. I've always felt he was pretty iconic. I especially love his bass work on 'Bargain'

Especially in "Live at Leeds" ?

Siobhan
24 minutes ago, Cyndee said:

Especially in "Live at Leeds" ?

Excellent live album.Townshend's tone is great on that, but then, it always is/was. I have Live at Leeds on vinyl, complete with all the included 'candy'.

• Forum Moderator
Cyndee
28 minutes ago, Siobhan said:

Excellent live album.Townshend's tone is great on that, but then, it always is/was. I have Live at Leeds on vinyl, complete with all the included 'candy'.

Great one to have, I've seen all the copies of their documents in the "special collector's version" it's awesome !!

Siobhan
24 minutes ago, Cyndee said:

Great one to have, I've seen all the copies of their documents in the "special collector's version" it's awesome !!

Yep! That's the 'candy' i was referring to, which, sadly you don't get with MP3 version. It's pretty cool to look through the notes and receipts for various things. Has a little poster in it too.

• Forum Moderator
Cyndee

Karn Evil 9 1st impression part 1

Emerson, Lake & Palmer....i remember it being ine of the first four speaker surround sound when you hooked up speakers to adapter and gearing one of the songs on brain salad surgery rotating around all the speakers. Also likung hearing that on The Mirror by Spooky Tooth

• Forum Moderator
Cyndee

Quad was a thing there for a short period, when that music was like new :)

Oh yes....I still have the adapter amp.... and as Ringo always says...✌️

• Forum Moderator
Cyndee

I  always like the Judds , in a genre that is kinda lopsided male...

This little country girl ditty from 1984.

used to do Love Can Build a Bridge at wedding abd soft music gigs

Dinaki

Beautiful song dear @Cyndee, lyrics full of a deep meaning!

July 10.... I still am waiting for my first HRT perscriptions - doctor yesterday said all records and blood work is in and just needed to be reviewed...will today be my LIBERATION DAY? Perfect song for how I feel...

I'd rather be singing this - someone no one mentioned in female vocalists I might try working on to help with my voical feminization exercises... but I'm starting to really like

I'd rather be singing this - someone no one mentioned in female vocalists I might try working on to help with my voical feminization exercises... but I'm starting to really like

And of course my idol since 1972 when I bought "Give It Up" and wanted to be her from that moment to this..

bonnie.jpg

I cry every time I hear this song and I've tried desparately to write a song like it - I wrote a song called "Comfort in Your Arms" (attached and need to squeeze more emotion out of it.

Comfort mix.mp3

Bon Iver has done a great cover of I can't make you love me. Not sure which version I like better. I do find Bon Iver's tone pulls the heartstrings a little more, but Bonnie's voice is gorgeous.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 85 Guests (See full list)

• Kian
    • Aidan5
    • Jackie C.
    • QuestioningAmber
    • RachelCJ
    • MaryMary
    • Lee H
    • JamieL
    • KathyLauren
    • Bri2020
    • Shay
    • Emily michelle