• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Guest Claire-G

What book are you currently reading?

Tejana

Hhmmm....This is certainly a long-standing thread that occasionally comes to life.... Okay, I'll play....

The New Class [an edited work by B. Bruce-Biggs, Center for Policy Research/Transaction Press, 1979]

Sally

Currently I'm writing two novels simultaneously - one at a time has become too routine.

The fifth book in the Heilsing cases - The Darkness Within and What Dreams May Follow, a sequel to my first novel which lead me to the book that I am currently reading.

Never Stop Dreaming - I'm having to reread it to keep all of the minor character's names consistent.

Love ya,

Sally

SecretlyJessica

Beginning to think I want to reread the Anne of Green Gables series. Has been a long time and thinking it might make a fun summer road trip :)

CyndiRae

Queen takes King - Gigi Levangie Grazer

Fiction, NY power divorce story, and a diversion

CyndiRae

Peninsula of lies - Edward Ball

A true story of Mysterious Birth and Taboo Love

The story of Dawn Langley Hall a trans woman who lived in Charleston, SC.

I recently finished the book Shesus. It is a little hokey but a great story line about the future. Though it is not a story about transgender, it has a good gender flair. Over all a good read at a discount table price.

CyndiRae

Johnathan Livingston Seagull - Richard Bach

So many parallels do I see in this short story, it's so simple, it's beautiful, it's wonderful to bring a tear to my eye.

Be free, and love...

Charlize

"Goat Husbandry" McKensey

It's a good look at early husbandry in England from the 40's to the 50's, containing a good bit of amusing and practical advice.

Hugs,

Charlize

CyndiRae

Orlando - a biography

Virginia Wolf

A timeless classic first published in 1928

Jani

I recently bought "Rise of the Rocket Girls: The Women Who Propelled us, from Missiles to the Moon to Mars" by Nathalia Holt and I have started it. So far it's an enjoyable read about the women who worked behind the scenes but performed a vital role in the space program.

But then I saw Ben Bernanke's recent book at the library "The Courage to Act: A Memoir of a Crisis and Its Aftermath" about how the government and financial institutions dealt with the recession of 2007. I found this to be really interesting and it is well written.

Jani

Guest suden

I just finished "The Nightingale". I cried my way through the last three pages!  

I have been reading books about how woman survive during war. their experience in times of war just brings out the tears!

thanks Eden 

CyndiRae

"I don't know how she does it" - Allison Pearson

The life of Kate Reddy, working mother. Witty and funny, a glimpse into the complex world of working Moms.

C -

MarcieMarie12

Outlander Volume 1--it is slow going. 

Guest ZombieDracula

I am currently reading 3 different books. The main one I'm reading is Vengeance In Death by JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts). It's part of the "In Death" series (a romantic suspense about a cop in the future). 

I'm also reading Shadow Play by Iris Johanson.

And an ebook called Suborn Rising: Beneath The Fall by Aaron Safronoff (I am not sure if this is in any other form).

Not including these 3 books, I have read 33 books in all of 2016.

Katie Snow

I`v got 2 on the go here, "Women`s ways of knowing" and "tiny beautiful things".

in this house it`s the TV thats dusty, not the books ;)

MarcieMarie12

Outlander, the first novel.

Carolyn Marie

"Collapse; How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed" by Dr. Jared Diamond.

You know me; just a little light reading.  :lol:

Carolyn Marie

Tejana

Hhmmm....Not currently reading any real books  but I'm reviewing as many journal articles relating to the "Cloward & Piven Strategy" (including its tactical applications, current & historic) as I can manage w/o making a 56 mile drive to a university library.

Alex Blitzen

I'm just about to read "The Odyssey" by Homer... again lol

Swan13

Just finished Ann Sexton's Complete Poems.  Not sure what next.  Hung up on poetry right now.  

Guest shell_koleva83

Hello!

Who have read Christine Beatty's book "Not Your Average American Girl"?

Jani

Aesop's Fables, before bedtime. 

tracy_j

The Silent Deep - The Royal Navy Submarine Service Since 1945 - Peter Hennessy & James Jinks.

I have a bit of a militaristic background and have a fascination with submarines. I have over thirty books covering their history, technical and use.

It makes a change from my detective novels (especially Agatha Christie).

Cindy Truheart

The Imp Series by Debra Dunbar. I'm on book four now. It's a great fantasy series about an Imp who has been hiding out here on Earth as a human for forty years, which is a really long time for demons because the Angels are always hunting them down and killing them. Since she is an Imp she loves all manner of practical jokes, causing trouble, and generally being naughty but she's learned to tone it down to not get caught. Her exposure to humans has also changed her in some ways so that now she actually is beginning to have some very human-like emotions which is where the author gets a good portion of her plot intrigues from!

Timber Wolf

I actually just finished a book by Dennis Weatley called "The Devil Rides Out", about a group of friends who must rescue another friend who has become entangled with a band of unscruppeless satanists in 1930's England. In the process of rescuing their friend, they discover that the satanist priest is trying to locate a talisman in order to aquire new black magic powers, which would result in plunging the world into an apocalyptic war. Their task now becomes not mearly saving their friend, they must kill the priest. Their pursuit of the priest takes them through the world of the living and the dead, and pits them against the Devil himself.?

Next, I might start my yearly reading of "The Lord of the Rings". Obviously a favorite!?

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?