• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Ellora said:

former smoker, I cant stand the smell of smoke now. 

I know, it reeks pretty badly. When you're an active smoker, you really are oblivious to it.  It is like those people who douse themselves in perfume, completely unaware how off-putting the intensity is...  I don't know when it happened, but I was delighted when I reached the point where I could look back and say to myself, "Wow, I haven't been tempted once today!"  

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Coffee is life, I am so glad I quit the cigs (24 years now), the smell of smoker as they pass by today, and to think I was so unaware. Coffee and cigarette was a way of life once, don't miss it all now, the coffee tastes better I think....

Have a great day

C

• Forum Moderator

I'm a past smoker and grateful it's "past".  Somehow smoking doesn't appeal anymore.  I do know that i'm just a few drags away from a pack + every day so i continue to be wary.

Hugs,

Charlize

Did a little shopping at Harbor Freight and Lowe's.Needed a new toolbox for home,bought a 56 inch US General.Ran out of room having 3 medium sized toolboxes.Gave one of them a neighborhood kid and he was glad to get it.A good kid and knew he deserved it,let him make the choice on which one.His dad was glad I did this and they both thanked me.Lowe's,a couple new light and a friend of mine whom is an electrician is going to wire them up for me.I pay him cash sometimes and I do get him a 12 pack of Bud Light once in a while.He does drink,not on the job.

• Forum Moderator

Hi,  I grew up it a house full of smokers, mom, dad and grandfather.  It was always expected that my sister and I would take it up too.  But neither of us did.  

I had a sickly childhood.  Quite possibly from all the second hand smoke.  Ive never had the lung capacity I should have had.  I’m told that a combination of things, age when pregnant, smoking, drinking alcohol and possibly even drugs likely led to my being transgender.  My mother was 40 and my father 55 when I was conceived.  They used to go to Harlem jazz clubs in the 30s where drugs were heavily used and legal.

i know TMI. Anyway I can’t take smokers smell, I can pick out a home or car that has belonged to a smoker as soon enter.  And now they are hooking a new generation with vaping under the guise that it is safe when it’s been proven to be far deadlier.

Willow

Well went out again as Justine, finally in something besides my jean skirt lol. Still pretty self conscious but getting more confidence. I plan on going to Milwaukee Pride fest this year, so I know I need to get more comfortable. Just kind of relaxing today, celebrating the wife’s birthday tomorrow.

• Forum Moderator

Justine, It does get easier the more you go out. My first outing was last Halloween. I walked out of the Apt. with my head held high. I felt free. I felt like myself. it was right. 

Well up this morning not as early as we open at 9 on Sun vs 7:30 the rest of the week. Looks like 22 on the back fence right now. Saying we may have some white crap later and tomorrow.

I just hate looking out at what appears to be a beautiful warm day. yet it is cold and windy.  I am still looking for a place that is between 60-80 year round.

Kymmie

Dreary rainy day here as I finish my coffee.

Days like this tend to depress most people.

For myself, it pushes my "art" buttons. So something creative will happen today. Although I've often wondered if the dreary grey days trigger art production in me because when I do creative work, it's usually to the tune of 1500+ plus watts of intensely focused light. In other words "light therapy"??

At any rate, heres to you all, make some lemonade if you've got lemons, or sunshine if you've got dreary!

《《《 great big hug 》》》

TA

Did get a surprise at church this morning,seen a teacher I had in high school.She was surprised I changed big time at first and was glad I live a happy life now as a post op MTF.Did call me Debra too after Telling her I go by Debra now.She was my biggest inspiration in my life in high school and did thank her as well.Did see I did struggle in life before I transitioned knowing I was born the wrong gender.

Your morning is my night. But I'll go for a cup of Joe anytime. I work the night shift as a Certified Nurses Aide. Coffee is a blessing for those of us that work the wee hours of the morning. I often muse that if one were to test my blood it would test positive for Maxwell House!

I knew a nurse from the Bronx that came over to my house and always asked for a "QUP-A-QUAFFEE."

images.jpg

1 hour ago, Donnie_1961 said:

Your morning is my night. But I'll go for a cup of Joe anytime. I work the night shift as a Certified Nurses Aide. Coffee is a blessing for those of us that work the wee hours of the morning. I often muse that if one were to test my blood it would test positive for Maxwell House!

I knew a nurse from the Bronx that came over to my house and always asked for a "QUP-A-QUAFFEE."

images.jpg

I used to hear that out of some Boston denizens as well.

I did a double take the first time someone asked me to come to their "potty" (party).

TA

I had to look that up.

A party that takes place in a public bathroom. ... That potty party was cool! We must've sat on toilets all night! #toilet#party#potty#poop#bathroom. by TheDerpo 

I was thinking more of a 1960's Potty Party. Smoking a joint and listening to some Bob Dylan.
On 2/21/2020 at 3:02 PM, Ellora said:

former smoker, I cant stand the smell of smoke now. 

Same here! I’m so tired of smelling tobacco and ash. I run the other way.

43 minutes ago, Josie Beth said:

Same here! I’m so tired of smelling tobacco and ash. I run the other way.

Years ago, i quit quit after I tried smoking a Marlboro Red (I hated those), when a co worker offered me one. That was all it took. Cold Turkey. Havent tried one since, and that was back in the late 90's.  

Yeah. I can't stand the smell of today's pot either. I don't know what their putting in it but it sure does stink up a room

You know what really burns me, besides the cigarette that I'm holding in my hand.  Is listening to condescending remarks about people that are performing a legal act. Smoking is still legal isn't?(Of-course so is abortion.Also legal.Look where we are with that.)   It better be because us smokers are paying taxes out the nose and you don't hear us gripping about it(Try taxing booze like that and you'll hear an uproar. Fortunately I don't drink.). I didn't grip when years ago we had to stop smoking at the nurses station and got moved to to a designated smoking room. I still didn't grip when they moved us outside and then across the street the cold and rain  and snow. I respect non smoker's rights. Just don't tread on mine.

Please pass the coffee. I'm lit up now.

index.jpg

Nobody said that you personally can’t do what you want to, it’s just my personal reaction to cigarettes since I’ve successfully quit smoking. If someone chooses to light up, I choose to go somewhere else. You can smoke, you can pay taxes, you can decide you want to buy a bag of popcorn and get happy with it. But I’m also allowed to abstain and go somewhere else where I don’t have to taste or inhale anything that I don’t want. It’s not a right or wrong. It’s a preference that’s equally important to whoever chooses to do what they choose to do. I used to be a smoker. I know what it’s like to be segregated from the workplace and use a break to smoke somewhere 100 yards away from the building. But I’m also healthier and happier for quitting. It’s all perspective. I also don’t really drink coffee much anymore but I frequent this thread. Anyway. 

13 hours ago, Suzanne1 said:

nteresting signature/icon.  I kinda like it, at least until someone more fully explains it to me.  ?

Think internal reproductive female autotomy.  LOL

I have never smoked nor have even tried it.  I have never liked being around it due to parents that would smoke in the car with us kids, in winter, with the windows up.  It was truly a torture for me.

That being said I believe in equal rights.  Period.  Do what you do.  If it makes you happy and you are not hurting yourself or others go for it.  BUT that's where it gets sticky.  Smoking does hurt you and can hurt others, but if its done with respect on each side of the coin then why complain?

Like Jose, I choose to remove myself from the situation rather then make rude comments about it to others.  That is my way of ensuring my health and comfort and being respectful towards those who chose to smoke.  My entire family immediate smokes or has so I am the segregated one.  I'm the pretty white sheep.  Hehehe

Which is my preference.  

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

I have never smoked nor have even tried it.  I have never liked being around it due to parents that would smoke in the car with us kids, in winter, with the windows up.  It was truly a torture for me.

This situation here is why I have asthma (and a couple other autoimmune problems). Don't poison the newborn. They will not thank you for it later in life.

I respect your right to do anything you like to and/or with your own body. However, I also ask that you respect the rights of everyone else not to have to absorb the fallout from your choices.

Hugs!

Good Morning, World! I had the night off from work yesterday. I'm not used to sleeping at night but I did. Sitting here in front of my laptop computer with a qup-a-quafee in my hand. I love my Mr. Coffee maker. He is faithful. And always makes me feel satisfied. Even though he can be a little bit of a drip sometimes.

What to do today? I know I have to work tonight. I don't have to be there til 10pm but I usually show up 2 hrs earlier. I don't like being late for anything. It eliminates the "Hurry up! You're Late!" anxiety form the equation. Why stress yourself if you don't have to. Besides it allows me the opportunity visit with my patients. I work on a rehabilitation unit.

A few months ago I had patient who's grandson was trans MTF. She often spent the night sleeping in the chair in her . grandma's room. They were very close. The grandma was very supportive of her granddaughter. She was a cool 1960's hipster granny. I got the feeling that the granddaughter was living with the grandma because her family wasn't accepting of her desire to transition. She was very cute, shy and slender with long brown hair that she deliberately seemed to drape over half of her face. Her face lit up like a light bulb when I h The granddaughter was worried about losing her grandma. I reassured her that her grandma was going to be OK. Her broken hip will mend and she will be able to take her home in a few days.

I love my job. It is part of who I am.

My payroll direct deposit doesn't go in til tonight.

I did some rollerblading on Saturday for about two hours. It was a good work out.  I was a little concerned that the extra weight that I'm carrying would cause me to be off balance and fall. But I did quite well. I've been rather lazy all winter. I didn't go to the ice skating rink like I usually do. I'm actually pretty darn good on the ice.(It helps that I was raised in upstate New York on a farm with a pond that iced over in the winter.)  Now I've got to work the flab off of my thighs and butt. Fat distribution is a pain in the ass! 

I've got to stop procrastinating on my artwork. Every time I have a weekend off I tell myself that I'm going to work on finishing the first issue of my comic book "The Specials". It's been quite a while since the last time I submitted anything new to DriveThruComics.com

I put up the teaser issue of the comic but nothing more. I've had writer's block before. I don't want to go through that again.

I've got 2 weeks of vacation time coming up. Maybe that would be a good chance to get to work on it?

I noticed that there is a section on this forum for poetry. It's any to a good a place as churn my creative juices.

I'll catch a couple of hours sleep this afternoon so I'll be fresh for work tonight.

Ya'll have a wonderful day!

Be safe. Be smart.

19 hours ago, Donnie_1961 said:

I had to look that up.

A party that takes place in a public bathroom. ... That potty party was cool! We must've sat on toilets all night! #toilet#party#potty#poop#bathroom. by TheDerpo 

I was thinking more of a 1960's Potty Party. Smoking a joint and listening to some Bob Dylan.

Well it's actually just a play on the Boston accent: party is pronounced "pahty" sounding like "potty." I for one don't party in the potty.

TA

• Forum Moderator

I used to skate on the lake we live on when I was younger also.  So much fun!  When I was in the Navy I worked the night shift; it has a different vibe to it than days or afternoons.  Enjoy your nap later on.  Have a good day Donnie!