• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Seems people along the New England coast are reporting record barometric lows. No wonder this storm is so fierce, it's kin to a hurricane!

Since I couldn't sleep, I had to check in. Coffee won't happen for a while yet, though.

TA

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh boy.  -14*F outside and I’m snug under my electric lap blanket drinking my first mug.  Enjoying some quiet time while the house warms up a little.  
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

• Forum Moderator

Just finished cleaning all my drains. You cannot imagine how badly I want a shower. I probably smell like a corpse. Progress though if I feel good enough to notice how bad I smell.

Hugs!

Coffee time! I looked out the window and I couldn't see the street. It took a while, but it seems the storm has finally come to the Twin Cities. I guess we're expected to get six to twelve inches. Not looking forward to shoveling that...

• Forum Moderator

Sunday!  Espresso morning!  Sunny but cold here: -9C; windchill -13C.

After the storm passed it's been mild here, down in the mid 30s, a bit windy and dreary. But coffee is on. I'm good after a night of interrupted sleep, managed to fall asleep in the chair with all kinds of weird dreams. I do tend to dream a lot.

But the dreams are all over the map, with a consistent theme, that I'm a female. On awakening I'm disappointed with the outside, but not unhappy being who I now know I am.

In real life, I met this cute young man at the bank yesterday. Our eyes met and it was like he'd "found" someone. He flirted with me very subtly. It really made my day. Obviously I'm way too old for him, but no one has paid any attention to me in so long, I'd forgotten all about how it feels. I don't dare dwell on it too much, but...

The experience was very uplifting.

TA

It’s actually warm today so I fell asleep again after my 6 am alarm went off. Now I’m debating whether to start cleaning the kitchen or to take a shower.

I organized my stuff yesterday and put things that belong together, well, together. 

My roommate got sick so she’s probably resting today and I don’t want to disturb her. It’s been a hectic week for us. We had to deal with the outbursts of her ex who was allowed to come over to get their things but instead they took a power saw to the other bedroom door and proceeded to steal anything my roommate had of value. The mediator recorded it because they were not supposed to damage anything. Then they threatened to kick my door in so I called the police and finally they ran off. They aren’t allowed to return and the video, pictures, are police reports will all be turned over to the judge to uphold the restraining order. They couldn’t do anything during that 2 hours because it was a “civil matter”. But they can do something once the judge gets all the information. 

Luckily my roommates therapist and everyone she deals with connected to the government about this case has put it in writing that I have to stay here because I’m a huge part of her support system for healing after being abused by this other individual. So yeah. Time for coffee and a shower. I’d really like a bath but the tub doesn’t hold water without a drain plug.

1 hour ago, TammyAnne said:

n real life, I met this cute young man at the bank yesterday. Our eyes met and it was like he'd "found" someone. He flirted with me very subtly. It really made my day. Obviously I'm way too old for him, but no one has paid any attention to me in so long, I'd forgotten all about how it feels. I don't dare dwell on it too much, but...

The experience was very uplifting.

Wow that’s wonderful TA.  It must of felt so good.  You deserve it!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Josie Beth said:

It’s actually warm today so I fell asleep again after my 6 am alarm went off. Now I’m debating whether to start cleaning the kitchen or to take a shower.

I organized my stuff yesterday and put things that belong together, well, together. 

My roommate got sick so she’s probably resting today and I don’t want to disturb her. It’s been a hectic week for us. We had to deal with the outbursts of her ex who was allowed to come over to get their things but instead they took a power saw to the other bedroom door and proceeded to steal anything my roommate had of value. The mediator recorded it because they were not supposed to damage anything. Then they threatened to kick my door in so I called the police and finally they ran off. They aren’t allowed to return and the video, pictures, are police reports will all be turned over to the judge to uphold the restraining order. They couldn’t do anything during that 2 hours because it was a “civil matter”. But they can do something once the judge gets all the information. 

Luckily my roommates therapist and everyone she deals with connected to the government about this case has put it in writing that I have to stay here because I’m a huge part of her support system for healing after being abused by this other individual. So yeah. Time for coffee and a shower. I’d really like a bath but the tub doesn’t hold water without a drain plug.

Yikes! Even if she's not sick the poor dear sounds like she could use a break. I hope today is more restful for both of you. 

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Monday morning I’m up with the dog and my coffee.  

weather is calling for record highs and rain this week.  The bad weather you are experiencing is supposed to pull warm air up from the south ahead of it and then rain when it gets here.  We just had close to 2” and now more Wednesday afternoon and again Friday.  At least it’s not that nasty white stuff.  A half inch shuts everything down here.

willow

Having coffee, listening to the wind bang the chimes around outside, glad the rain has stopped for a little while.

Wishing everyone a cheerful day!

TA

• Forum Moderator

Laying in bed like a slug. I'm not allowed to do much. Might get hot chocolate though. Making sad eyes at Susan until she takes pity on me.

I get to talk to my therapist later today though. That will be fun.

Other than that, I'll spend the day in discomfort,  bleeding into a pair of Depends. Spirits are high. We're living the dream. I hope everyone is living their truth!

Hugs!

Hello All.

Morning snow fall again in VT but the roads were actually not to bad.  I still wasn't able to do 65 in a 50 but I got to work in a reasonable amount of time  LOL

Coffee in the mug is still hot and going down slow but sure.  Off to go do something at work so I can say I earned my paycheck.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning, cool dry (yay !) morning 37f currently, back at work now, go out for exercise later....

@Jackie C - Livin' the dream, happy for you dear, be well. 

@ShawanaLeigh - "I'm takin' what their givin' cause I'm workin' for a livin'" 

Have a nice day all 

C

• Forum Moderator

Yesterday my wife went out to pick up a med for me and came back with a bouquet of flowers.  I think I'll keep her!

Flowers.thumb.jpg.6578040385959286f9f14e6197edd7d3.jpg

• Forum Moderator
40 minutes ago, Jani said:

Yesterday my wife went out to pick up a med for me and came back with a bouquet of flowers.  I think I'll keep her!

They are beautiful Jani !!

Hope the meds help, get well !

Hugs

Cyndee

Decided to go to the DMV having my name and gender changed on my driver's license today.It went good,now has Adrianna Michelle and female on it.Have the copy of it until it comes in the mail.

1 hour ago, AdriannaB said:

Decided to go to the DMV having my name and gender changed on my driver's license today.It went good,now has Adrianna Michelle and female on it.Have the copy of it until it comes in the mail.

That's about as awesome as it gets.

TA

35 minutes ago, TammyAnne said:

That's about as awesome as it gets.

TA

Soon as it comes in,my old driver's license is being shredded.Wife has a shredder to shred up important documents no longer good

• Forum Moderator

That’s great!  Unfortunately for me I was born in a state that does not permit you to ever change the gender marker one a birth certificate so no matter what, I will be male as long as I live.

just made my coffee and fed the dog.   The street looks damp but not wet so I don’t know if it rained or if it’s dew.  Not much going on today.

have a great day everyone.

Willow

17 hours ago, Jani said:

OMG they are beautiful Jani.  What a sweet thing to do for you.  Yep a keeper.

11 hours ago, AdriannaB said:

That's awesome!  I am so happy for you.  I am starting to look into getting things changed soon.  I was waiting to get through tax season and refund cashing fist.  LOL

Vermont has a very easy process too and I am so happy about this.

$150 to change the name in a 5 minute court appearance and $15 to change your drivers license and markers afterwards.

Then Social Security and birth certs.  Ughh   That one seems big.  

• Forum Moderator

I love the flowers, Jani!  Yes, your wife is a keeper. :)

For a couple of years, I despaired of ever being able to change the gender on my birth certificate.  The Brits wouldn't do it unless my Canadian documents were already amended, and the local authorities wouldn't change my documents unless I had already changed my birth certificate.  Talk about a Catch 22! 

Finally, I pointed out to the Vital Statistics department that this amounted to discrimination on the basis of national origin.  I think that was a convincing argument: I never threatened legal action, but the fear of a Charter of Rights challenge is a powerful motivator in bureaucracies.  Last year, they changed the regulations so I could get my gender legally changed here.

Now my application is with the Brits.  They said they'll let me know in 14 weeks. ?  The hoops they make us jump through!

Regards,

Kathy

• Forum Moderator

I got a late start this morning as i was up very late(early) processing maple syrup in the sugar house.  We had our first draw of the season so all the work is finally beginning to pay.  I'll be boiling today but as it didn't freeze last night then i'll get a break.

Love the flowers!

• Forum Moderator

Good luck with your birth cert update in UK Kathy

Don't work too hard Charlize

Terrible flooding in our area, a piece of farm land in the valley below our hill is completely under water, it looked like a lake when I drove by. Just another day on the job for me, have a few minutes to participate on the boards in between tasks. 3rd cup of medium roast as I type this....

Have a nice day all

C