• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

KymmieL

Good morning All. Coffees on.

Debra Michelle

My youngest brother now my sister Chloe.I see her much happier,loves her life living and dressing as female

KymmieL

Tammy Ann is correct. enjoy time with your parents. I am lucky my mother is still around. still independent at 84. Lost my Dad in 06. Still miss him to this day. Also haven't came out to any of my family, Mom, brother, or sister.  well still not to my sons either. My youngest has to know he has seen me on this site.

Kymmie

lauraincolumbia
On 9/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Ellora said:

Enjoy! I don’t think I’ll tell my parents, and I’m ok with that. 

One of my many concerns with coming out, is telling my mom.  I don't know how she'll take it.    She is understanding, but also from that older very conservative generation.

TammyAnne

Coming out - I think it deserves its own forum - is a difficuLt adventure for almost everyone.

Fortunately I'm at an age where what others think matters little to me.

I'm enjoying my morning coffee on an obviously fall day with the bluejays screeching about outside. Wish everyone the best day possible!

KymmieL
57 minutes ago, TammyAnne said:

That is why I am painting my nails, wearing what I want. If people don't like it tough tooki. Last week I had worn red nail polish. a few looks but no comments other than from a lady liking the color.

Yesterday was my second visit with my speech therapist. Got into some preparation exercises. I was able to get to a level I liked. 😁

Kymmie

TammyAnne
Just now, KymmieL said:

That is why I am painting my nails, wearing what I want. If people don't like it tough tooki. Last week I had worn red nail polish. a few looks but no comments other than from a lady liking the color.

Yesterday was my second visit with my speech therapist. Got into some preparation exercises. I was able to get to a level I liked. 😁

Kymmie

That is awesome Kymmie!

TammyAnne
15 hours ago, Ellora said:

It does have its own Forum:  " https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/forum/57-coming-out/ "

Honestly I knew that. It was a tongue in cheek way to direct someone there, since I've never mastered the art of link posting on my tablet.

Thank you for stepping up!

Ellora
1 hour ago, TammyAnne said:

I've never mastered the art of link posting on my tablet.

I figured you knew, I just posted the link just in case  😉. All I do is copy and paste the link (using my iPad mini), nothing special. 

Charlize

23 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Unfortunately Tammy Anne many of us who reach the age we don't care have difficulty with some of the technical aspects of these confusers.

Grocery shopping today.  Even farms need toilet paper.

Hugs,

Charlize

Josie Beth

I like how you called the computer a confuser! Lol!

Debra Michelle

Did get the good news,cancer free.Did get my hair done and I love it,a shoulder length bob cut.I needed to try something new after 12 years of long hair.

Charlize

That's wonderful news dear!  Celebrate with a trip to the salon.

Hugs,

Charlize

Debra Michelle
2 hours ago, Charlize said:

That's wonderful news dear!  Celebrate with a trip to the salon.

Hugs,

Charlize

Mom handed me $20.00,lost a $20.00 bet I would not change  my hairstyle she made

TammyAnne
14 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Did get the good news,cancer free.Did get my hair done and I love it,a shoulder length bob cut.I needed to try something new after 12 years of long hair.

Okay, if you only knew how jealous I am of you now!

I love - would love - that hairstyle. Baldness has put a dent in that so that even though my hair is longish, I look more like Ben Franklin.

Congratulations on your good news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my November oncology appointment gives me the same news, even I can't have the same hairstyle!

TammyAnne
21 hours ago, Charlize said:

Unfortunately Tammy Anne many of us who reach the age we don't care have difficulty with some of the technical aspects of these confusers.

Grocery shopping today.  Even farms need toilet paper.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hug back to a beautiful lady!

TammyAnne

Thank goodness for coffee!

Thermometer shows 28° outside this morning.

Winter is flexing it's limbs getting ready for a long sprint.

Charlize

We are in the 40's here so my oatmeal with blueberries, juice and coffee will help face a days work ahead.  Many farmers get some time off during the winter.  We stay busy with the goats kidding in February and a sugar season here that can start as early as January and run until march.  I'm trying to get some new doors on a pole barn to create a new goat shelter.  I'm grateful the i can still be this active in my 70's.  

Hugs,

Charlize

Jani

Wonderful news @Debra Michelle

Ellora

@Charlize And here I am complaining it’s 80-95 deg everyday still, 😂. I don’t mind the cold too much, but now that I have been enjoying wearing skirts and dresses so much, I don’t think I want to bother with pants anymore 😂. I got rid of most of my pants, and I’ve either worn shorts or skirts. Wearing pants actually feel weird now. It’s hard to tell what kind of winter we will be having, so maybe it will stay warm for a bit longer.

i love goats, so it makes me smile when you talk about them. 

Im happy that you are still active at 70 too, and keep staying active, that’s what will help you, and everyone, to stay healthy the more that time passes. Being active and purpose helps the body, it sure helped my grandpa live to 102! 

=Hugs=

lauraincolumbia
5 hours ago, Ellora said:

Who doesn't love goats!

Willow

Hi,  Telling my parents is something I don't have to worry about.  Parents and sibling all gone years ago.  At the same time, I have to think that my father would not be accepting but I often think that my mother and sister knew even before I did.  Telling people you love and who love you can be difficult.

Willow

Josie Beth

Goats are very cute. They almost remind me of dogs when they wag their tails and try to get rubbed on their heads. Baby goats are lots of fun and like playing. I once helped care for a weak baby goat and the poor thing just needed some human contact. It gained its appetite and in no time was walking around again. Once it was ok then the mother accepted it back but initially I almost think she was going to just let it die. It’s amazing how animals can express gratitude, friendship, and even love without saying a word. I don’t think i’v ever met an animal that didn’t like me. Maybe at first they would be a little leery but they usually would warm up. I truly believe that not just people have souls. How else can you explain a dog saying goodbye and then dying a couple days later? OMG, I’m fighting back tears. I always remember my animal friends. They have often been more real than people. 

Ellora

Good morning! Almost finished with my Potato Breakfast burrito, but no coffee. I’ll make some later. 

My nipples are a bit sore, and they have been growing a bit, along with my breastages. They have been growing a bit more after the 6th month mark, and I think it also has a bit to do with the increase in the E Meds. I won’t be able to wear these shirts much longer without help from another shirt, or I might have to figure something else out. My friend said she has noticed more growth and  of a profile showing them a bit more. I’ve noticed my shorts have been fitting a bit more snug on my hips and buns. I’m very happy with all of the positive growth! 

Josie Beth

@Ellora congratulations! I’m also finally filling out the jeans that I bought last year. I’m eager to get more like them because they are so comfortable sometimes I just wear them around the house even if I don’t want to go out.

It’s a bit late for me to drink any coffee but maybe tonight I’ll get a sweet red and kick back with a glass. 

My hyaluronic acid serum arrived today! I have heard a lot of good things about it but I’ll just have to try it out and see if anything positive will happen. It’s about 4 fluid ounces so hopefully that’s enough to last 4 months before I have to get more. And that’s going to give me enough prolonged use to see results. It’s supposed to hydrate and plump the face really well. Supposedly as we age there’s less of it present in our bodies. I’m not sure how it really works but I’ll try to find out more information.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   1 member

• Alexx21
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

• Alexx21
    • MiraM
    • Cyndee
    • Sally Stone
    • KayC
    • Charlize
    • KrisFL
    • KathyLauren
    • MaryMary
    • Christie Woods
    • RunValRun
    • Emily michelle
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cybreraphael

1. Dev
      Dev
    2. Katharina
      Katharina
      (39 years old)
    3. Nusta
      Nusta
      (16 years old)
    4. thtufus
      thtufus
      (70 years old)
    • SaraAW
      Welcome @cybreraphael! Thanks for sharing a part of story.
    • SaraAW
      Always wonderful to have a rock. Especially as you adjust to HRT and the expanded range of emotions.    I understand the need for a bra. HRT has had definitely made it very obvious if I wear just a shirt without one. Also understand the comfort and affirmation that wearing one brings.    I don’t recall ever being as happy as I am since I took charge of my life and started working on my transition. There is also no way I’m going back in the closet.    I’m hoping my wife comes around too. It’s clear in everything unrelated to my transition, that she loves me. She also didn’t decide to try and kick me out or leave herself when I came out, so that’s at least a sign she still cares.     
    • SaraAW
      I have some good success with my therapist. She has told me to do anything. She asks me lots of questions to get me to think and look into myself for the answers, she gives me tools to work on for resilience and coping, but never tells me I have to use them, just here are some tools and tricks, try them if you want. If I do and they don’t work she provides me with different ones to try.  I feel in a way, I lead my sessions, she just provides some guidance to help me get where I want to go. I decide what we talk about each session, if I’m stuck, she throws a bunch of suggestions out, based on previous sessions and let’s me decide.    If after a couple sessions, you don’t feel a rapport building, I don’t see why you shouldn’t move on. We don’t click with everyone we meet, why should it be any different with a therapist. I got lucky with my therapist, found her on the first try, but I have changed GPs many times over the years, to make sure I had one I could be fully open with and that they seemed to truly care about my well being.  
    • Emily michelle
      It definitely helps it gets pretty complicated at times lol. She helps calm me down when I get frustrated with my makeup or hair.   Now that I think about it I was dropping a lot of hints, but I’m not hiding anymore and I just want to be me. I wore a bra because if I don’t know since the hormones have started my nipples would stand at attention (tmi lol). I also feel much more comfortable in a bra. I’m much happier now than than to back in the closet.   I really hope your wife comes around. I’m here if you ever need to talk to.
    • SaraAW
      Emily, I’m glad she’s helping you figure out the girl things. It always helps to have someone walk you through the things you might not fully understand. I’m fairly clueless myself on lots of things.   Wow, you were dropping lots of not so subtle hints to your parents, lol. I’m with you on the accept me or move on part. As I’ve started coming out to more people, something just started to click in me. My sister and my bestie are the last two I really care about either way, after that what happens happens. Definitely not changing for anyone, bad enough I’ve delayed a lot of things to give my wife enough time to try and adjust.     I’m also always available if you need a pair of friendly ears.    KayC, Thanks for the kind words. I find courage and inspiration in many folks here. It is always comforting (and sad at times) to know other people are going through similar experiences and that you’re not alone.    Hugs!
    • KymmieL
      Since I cut off my 2yrs of hair growth. I miss it. I know I could go with a wig until it grows back.   I was wondering about Hair extensions, Has anyone looked into it? Is there a minimum length your hair needs to be to get extensions? What is the aprox cost?   Thanks, everyone   Kymmie
    • Emily michelle
      Hi Sara! It has made life so much easier to have the support of my wife. After all I have no clue about being a girl. Im very sorry that your wife hasn’t been so accepting. I know how bad it makes me feel being misgendered. I really hope she does come around. Feel free to rant or talk I’m all ears.   Hi Susan to answer your question I was never able reveal my transition plans I was bombarded with questions and I was not able to tell them my plans. I have not mentioned anything about being transgender before. Intentionally I had my shoes and socks off while sitting on the deck. Since my wife was swimming. My mom mentioned that I have long hair, (haha I wish it was long) painted toenails, no beard, my underwear ( I’m curious about that one lol) my breasts, and I was wearing a women’s shirt. Hopefully they will be supportive but I’m not gonna change just to make them happy. I don’t want to sound mean but the can either accept there new daughter or move on.   Thank you Kay C. I can’t believe someone would want to follow me that makes me smile. I can guarantee you my wife hasn’t talked to my mother about it we have been avoiding them just because we were concerned about what they would think. I would assume they don’t really know what to think they don’t really know anything about transgender people. I’m hoping they come around more and I’d be happy to talk to them more about my transition plans and hopefully clue them in a little bit about us. My hope is to get them to become transgender allies, but I’m not changing to please them.
    • Chrysalis
      The Doors! I was 15 in '67 and doing the whole garage band thing and when I first heard them on AM radio. I collected their albums and sat at my Farfisa single keyboard at home playing along. I dressed like Morrison and, being a budding poet myself, I scribbled raunchy doggerel verse. And. . .AND! I have always been pretty decent when it comes to imitating voices and I did His very well according to friends. The song: The End was my then ultimate favorite song of all time. But times do change. . .sigh!
    • Chrysalis
      My therapy does continue despite the whole Isolation Nation thing. I meet with my wonderful therapist once a week on Zoom and marvel at how the sci-fi wonders portrayed on t.v. and films in my childhood now allow us to stay in touch on screens, with sound and in living color, from home. And the butterfly that inside continues to emerge! Thanx!! 
    • tracy_j
      It doesn't sound like good experiences. A good therapist can adjust their approach to compensate for the different people they see. Even so, it does help if the person they are seeing works toward both therapist and client getting to a working relationship. My fear is that you are expecting the worst before even seeing them. It is difficult for me to put into words but there needs to be trust and at some point you both will need to learn to trust. Just try to avoid confrontation, working around it to get to understand each other. In a way it is not really telling the therapist, more like discussing with them. Perhaps more ' I feel ..... . ' rather than the more blunt 'I am ..... .'  if you get my meaning. Keep talking to exchange your feelings without raised voices blocking communication. Therapy is a two way process getting to understanding. I hope things go well.   Good luck!   Tracy
    • lachallenger
      Thanks everyone - I definitely appreciate a warm welcome  It will take me a little time to navigate and to be perfectly honest - manifest the courage to begin posting and reaching out, though this is more of new-visitor nerves and treading into very new territory than anything else.
    • cybreraphael
      A lot of people ascribe therapy and ending therapy to relationships and breakups. Since living in my current location I've switched therapists about 3 times, once because she got a better job, and twice because the therapists simply made assumptions and did not want to understand me. That's at least how I viewed it.   I've been in and out of therapy for years, since I was 13 (I'm 24 now) and most of the time I would leave therapists due to me moving away. But when I was an adult and was (am) still living with my (frankly) abusive mother and my gender identity came into the mix is when I began to see therapist become more and more difficult with me. I once had a particularly horrible experience with a therapist who was pressuring me to tell her all the details of my plans for transition before I was ever comfortable talking to her about any of that (because she had told me I was damaging my body for safely binding with a gc2b binder) and when I told her she just won't understand anything about me being trans-nonbinary because she is cis and how she's reacting to me simply receiving a binder and how happy I was about the binder and that we should just talk about something else, she wanted to force me to talk about it because she "has trans clients and all of them are comfortable talking about it" and I'm being difficult.   Needless to say that whole session was traumatizing. Afterwards it was hard to really trust a therapist with my gender identity, but then I got the therapist who got the better job who was very affirming. I had her for almost a year, but she didn't do much. Because I have schizoaffective depressive type and some PTSD, they focus on that and when I talk (mostly positive or neutral) things about my gender identity, they sort of dismiss it or question it so much it gets frustrating for me because its like LGBTQ+ Awareness 101 that I feel every therapist office should have, but I know not every place will have funding for.   The second to last therapist I had, when I decided to leave her because she was making too many assumptions and trying to take too much control over therapy that I felt I had no say over my own therapy, said that me switching therapists was "a trend" when she didn't even know me. She was just mad that was leaving her. She also said she would move me to a male therapist because "a man would put me in my place"   And the last therapist? I left him because he also made too many assumptions even though I told him that was the one thing I hate! He would tell me to do things that would put me in danger with my abusive mother, and when I wouldn't do it he would get mad at me! When I would talk to him about my gender identity it was almost as if it wasn't real to him. Like it was "valid" but not real. When I would tell him good things that happened in my day about my gender affirmation, he would brush it off and be like "ok but what's bad about your day?" Not really holding space for good things in my life.   So I took a break for about 3 months and now I just had an appointment to get a referral to an outside of my typical clinic therapist. But I'm very very afraid. I mentioned in the assessment that I want an LGBTQ+ friendly therapist and the doctor who assessed me, my primary care doctor, was like "k" and I'm not sure if she really noted that or not. I'm losing faith in therapy but it's really the only thing keeping me stable while I live with my toxic family. I'm not even sure if I'll get a therapist before I move across the country. I just want someone who will understand me and not judge me or shut me up. I've met too many bad therapist and I feel like if I meet one more I'm never doing therapy ever again and I'm just gonna internalize my trauma forever.   I don't know what the goal of this post was. Are there good therapists? I feel my hope fleeing...
    • Siobhan
      Like you, I was always terrible about drinking plenty of water. What finally did the trick for me was purchasing a water bottle. Not just any water bottle, but one that was well made, pleasing to look at from a design perspective, was thermally efficient (I like my water cold), and that had a decent nozzle (the quality and comfort of the nozzle can make or break a water bottle). It may seem silly to choose something like that based partly on looks, but my reasoning was that I would then be more likely to remember it and keep it around me. It worked! I started taking it around the house with me and bring in my car as well, so whenever I got even a little thirsty, its right there. I still drink other things, of course. I'm a pop fiend and always have been, but I'm more reasonable about how much of that I consume since I regularly hydrate with water.
    • Susan R
      Growing up...For years, I listened to anything and everything Led Zeppelin. I practically lived for Led Zeppelin. Then in the early 80’s moved into alt rock, then (and still) jazz, then by the 90’s, I added Trance, Electronica, and New Age to my favs. Today,  if I had to narrow it down to a single band I enjoy most, I’d have to say almost ANYTHING from the band Enigma and their related Gregorian projects.   Susan R🌷
    • cybreraphael
      I always describe my music as dark, depressing, and dramatic! Though, it's usually how others describe it, I think they're beautiful! I like Alt-rock, alt-metal, prog-rock, and prog-metal. If they have minor notes, all the better!
  • Upcoming Events