• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

KymmieL

Good morning All. Coffees on.

Jackie C.
34 minutes ago, Debra Michelle said:

He knows I am very allergic to cigarette smoke too,doing this for me too.Found out when I was 5 years old,my allergist is glad he is doing it too

I'm also very allergic to cigarette smoke... how have you managed to co-habitate? Cigarette smoke on clothes will set my asthma off. I'm imagining a nightmare scenario for you... I'm only hoping your symptoms aren't as severe as mine.

Hugs!

MetaLicious
1 hour ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

That is good to hear.  I've never smoked (never even tried it).so I hear it is extremely difficult to quit.  I applaud anyone who can beat an addiction like smoking.

Yeah, quitting is like fighting a bear - it just seems so much easier to give up the fight and let the bear win.  Then, after you have quit and feel like you're done for good, stress will come and whisper, "Wouldn't a smoke be just the thing right now?"  Or you'll walk past a smoker and the scent will trigger a nostalgic feeling instead of reminding you how disgusting it smells. I had a friend who would always complain about how his clothes smelled after hanging out at my house, and I was always dismissive of the notion until I quit.  Then I would visit a smoker and come home complaining about the stench my clothes had acquired.

It's like you can stop smoking, but you can never truly go back to being a non-smoker.

Debra Michelle
1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm also very allergic to cigarette smoke... how have you managed to co-habitate? Cigarette smoke on clothes will set my asthma off. I'm imagining a nightmare scenario for you... I'm only hoping your symptoms aren't as severe as mine.

Hugs!

Mine are severe,we have a rule too called no smoking in the house including in the vehicles

Ellora

former smoker, I cant stand the smell of smoke now. 

MetaLicious
1 hour ago, Ellora said:

I know, it reeks pretty badly. When you're an active smoker, you really are oblivious to it.  It is like those people who douse themselves in perfume, completely unaware how off-putting the intensity is...  I don't know when it happened, but I was delighted when I reached the point where I could look back and say to myself, "Wow, I haven't been tempted once today!"  

Firenze

Smell good. Look good. Feel good. 

Just finished working out, and got cleaned up. Here's hoping I can stick to a routine. 

Cyndee

Coffee is life, I am so glad I quit the cigs (24 years now), the smell of smoker as they pass by today, and to think I was so unaware. Coffee and cigarette was a way of life once, don't miss it all now, the coffee tastes better I think....

Have a great day

C

Charlize

I'm a past smoker and grateful it's "past".  Somehow smoking doesn't appeal anymore.  I do know that i'm just a few drags away from a pack + every day so i continue to be wary.

Hugs,

Charlize

Debra Michelle

Did a little shopping at Harbor Freight and Lowe's.Needed a new toolbox for home,bought a 56 inch US General.Ran out of room having 3 medium sized toolboxes.Gave one of them a neighborhood kid and he was glad to get it.A good kid and knew he deserved it,let him make the choice on which one.His dad was glad I did this and they both thanked me.Lowe's,a couple new light and a friend of mine whom is an electrician is going to wire them up for me.I pay him cash sometimes and I do get him a 12 pack of Bud Light once in a while.He does drink,not on the job.

Willow

Hi,  I grew up it a house full of smokers, mom, dad and grandfather.  It was always expected that my sister and I would take it up too.  But neither of us did.  

I had a sickly childhood.  Quite possibly from all the second hand smoke.  Ive never had the lung capacity I should have had.  I’m told that a combination of things, age when pregnant, smoking, drinking alcohol and possibly even drugs likely led to my being transgender.  My mother was 40 and my father 55 when I was conceived.  They used to go to Harlem jazz clubs in the 30s where drugs were heavily used and legal.

i know TMI. Anyway I can’t take smokers smell, I can pick out a home or car that has belonged to a smoker as soon enter.  And now they are hooking a new generation with vaping under the guise that it is safe when it’s been proven to be far deadlier.

Willow

JustineM

Well went out again as Justine, finally in something besides my jean skirt lol. Still pretty self conscious but getting more confidence. I plan on going to Milwaukee Pride fest this year, so I know I need to get more comfortable. Just kind of relaxing today, celebrating the wife’s birthday tomorrow.

KymmieL

Justine, It does get easier the more you go out. My first outing was last Halloween. I walked out of the Apt. with my head held high. I felt free. I felt like myself. it was right. 

Well up this morning not as early as we open at 9 on Sun vs 7:30 the rest of the week. Looks like 22 on the back fence right now. Saying we may have some white crap later and tomorrow.

I just hate looking out at what appears to be a beautiful warm day. yet it is cold and windy.  I am still looking for a place that is between 60-80 year round.

Kymmie

TammyAnne

Dreary rainy day here as I finish my coffee.

Days like this tend to depress most people.

For myself, it pushes my "art" buttons. So something creative will happen today. Although I've often wondered if the dreary grey days trigger art production in me because when I do creative work, it's usually to the tune of 1500+ plus watts of intensely focused light. In other words "light therapy"??

At any rate, heres to you all, make some lemonade if you've got lemons, or sunshine if you've got dreary!

《《《 great big hug 》》》

TA

Debra Michelle

Did get a surprise at church this morning,seen a teacher I had in high school.She was surprised I changed big time at first and was glad I live a happy life now as a post op MTF.Did call me Debra too after Telling her I go by Debra now.She was my biggest inspiration in my life in high school and did thank her as well.Did see I did struggle in life before I transitioned knowing I was born the wrong gender.

Donnie_1961

Your morning is my night. But I'll go for a cup of Joe anytime. I work the night shift as a Certified Nurses Aide. Coffee is a blessing for those of us that work the wee hours of the morning. I often muse that if one were to test my blood it would test positive for Maxwell House!

I knew a nurse from the Bronx that came over to my house and always asked for a "QUP-A-QUAFFEE."

images.jpg

TammyAnne
1 hour ago, Donnie_1961 said:

Your morning is my night. But I'll go for a cup of Joe anytime. I work the night shift as a Certified Nurses Aide. Coffee is a blessing for those of us that work the wee hours of the morning. I often muse that if one were to test my blood it would test positive for Maxwell House!

I knew a nurse from the Bronx that came over to my house and always asked for a "QUP-A-QUAFFEE."

images.jpg

I used to hear that out of some Boston denizens as well.

I did a double take the first time someone asked me to come to their "potty" (party).

TA

Donnie_1961

I had to look that up.

A party that takes place in a public bathroom. ... That potty party was cool! We must've sat on toilets all night! #toilet#party#potty#poop#bathroom. by TheDerpo 

I was thinking more of a 1960's Potty Party. Smoking a joint and listening to some Bob Dylan.

Josie Beth
On 2/21/2020 at 3:02 PM, Ellora said:

Same here! I’m so tired of smelling tobacco and ash. I run the other way.

Ellora
43 minutes ago, Josie Beth said:

Same here! I’m so tired of smelling tobacco and ash. I run the other way.

Years ago, i quit quit after I tried smoking a Marlboro Red (I hated those), when a co worker offered me one. That was all it took. Cold Turkey. Havent tried one since, and that was back in the late 90's.  

Donnie_1961

Yeah. I can't stand the smell of today's pot either. I don't know what their putting in it but it sure does stink up a room

Donnie_1961

You know what really burns me, besides the cigarette that I'm holding in my hand.  Is listening to condescending remarks about people that are performing a legal act. Smoking is still legal isn't?(Of-course so is abortion.Also legal.Look where we are with that.)   It better be because us smokers are paying taxes out the nose and you don't hear us gripping about it(Try taxing booze like that and you'll hear an uproar. Fortunately I don't drink.). I didn't grip when years ago we had to stop smoking at the nurses station and got moved to to a designated smoking room. I still didn't grip when they moved us outside and then across the street the cold and rain  and snow. I respect non smoker's rights. Just don't tread on mine.

Please pass the coffee. I'm lit up now.

index.jpg

Suzanne1
41 minutes ago, Donnie_1961 said:

You know what really burns me, besides the cigarette that I'm holding in my hand.  Is listening to condescending remarks about people that are performing a legal act. Smoking is still legal isn't?(Of-course so is abortion.Also legal.Look where we are with that.)   It better be because us smokers are paying taxes out the nose and you don't hear us gripping about it(Try taxing booze like that and you'll hear an uproar. Fortunately I don't drink.). I didn't grip when years ago we had to stop smoking at the nurses station and got moved to to a designated smoking room. I still didn't grip when they moved us outside and then across the street the cold and rain  and snow. I respect non smoker's rights. Just don't tread on mine.

Please pass the coffee. I'm lit up now.

index.jpg

Interesting signature/icon.  I kinda like it, at least until someone more fully explains it to me.  🤔

Yeah, these days about 1/2 of society isn't too much into the individual liberty thing.

Donnie_1961

True that, Girl.

Josie Beth

Nobody said that you personally can’t do what you want to, it’s just my personal reaction to cigarettes since I’ve successfully quit smoking. If someone chooses to light up, I choose to go somewhere else. You can smoke, you can pay taxes, you can decide you want to buy a bag of popcorn and get happy with it. But I’m also allowed to abstain and go somewhere else where I don’t have to taste or inhale anything that I don’t want. It’s not a right or wrong. It’s a preference that’s equally important to whoever chooses to do what they choose to do. I used to be a smoker. I know what it’s like to be segregated from the workplace and use a break to smoke somewhere 100 yards away from the building. But I’m also healthier and happier for quitting. It’s all perspective. I also don’t really drink coffee much anymore but I frequent this thread. Anyway. 

ShawnaLeigh
13 hours ago, Suzanne1 said:

nteresting signature/icon.  I kinda like it, at least until someone more fully explains it to me.  🤔

Think internal reproductive female autotomy.  LOL

I have never smoked nor have even tried it.  I have never liked being around it due to parents that would smoke in the car with us kids, in winter, with the windows up.  It was truly a torture for me.

That being said I believe in equal rights.  Period.  Do what you do.  If it makes you happy and you are not hurting yourself or others go for it.  BUT that's where it gets sticky.  Smoking does hurt you and can hurt others, but if its done with respect on each side of the coin then why complain?

Like Jose, I choose to remove myself from the situation rather then make rude comments about it to others.  That is my way of ensuring my health and comfort and being respectful towards those who chose to smoke.  My entire family immediate smokes or has so I am the segregated one.  I'm the pretty white sheep.  Hehehe

Which is my preference.