• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Health Care and Social Services

Sign in to follow this  

If you work in health care, social services, hospice, or another related industry, your workplace questions can be addressed here.

1 topic in this forum

1. anyone work here?

• 7 replies
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• Susan R
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • SaraAW
    • Willa
    • KymmieL
    • Josie Beth
  • Who Was Online

104 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • Susan R
    • SaraAW
    • Willa
    • KymmieL
    • Josie Beth
    • MaryEllen
    • lauraincolumbia
    • George B.
    • AdriannaB
    • Claire 1960
    • A. Dillon
    • Audrey Rene
    • FrozenWinter
    • figuringitout
    • DeeDee
    • DonnaBall
    • Mahaney
    • tracy_j
    • Anslee_24
    • jae bear
    • Kate Carter
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Michelle F
    • Anyatimenow
    • dianeT68
    • VickySGV
    • KC1
    • Lucca
    • Jocelyn
    • magical realism
    • Belle
    • Astrid
    • TgirlJenn
    • Janae
    • MetaLicious
    • BEAN_CHILD
    • AnAnxiousMess
    • JustineM
    • Ronin82
    • Willow
    • Sarah B
    • Jani
    • emily the wolf
    • MaryMary
    • Ellora
    • ErinElizabeth
    • Robin68
    • Rowan
    • ToniTone
    • Miseria
    • luke_b
    • Laura76
    • Leah
    • Jackie C.
    • Kim1
    • Sunckey
    • Markjvp
    • Sammy92
    • MiraM
    • Romilly
    • Lilbitconfused97
    • Aidan5
    • IBrown
    • SunRa
    • Petra Jane
    • TrIIIy
    • Lilly James
    • Sarahnr1
    • Charlize
    • Becoming Jordan
    • secondlook
    • reyindium
    • TammyAnne
    • YharnamDreamDaddy
    • Timber Wolf
    • Amy P
    • Taylor
    • Annabelle Rose
    • robertsc.lpc
    • TabiSins
    • Tessa
    • Violet_R
    • Dakota16
    • Sally Stone
    • Rachael
    • QuestioningAmber
    • Jennifer T
    • Robio
    • Cyndee
    • jayjeep
    • Kyler R.
    • Katelynn sarah myers
    • Cindy Truheart
    • tapeleg42
    • Nola
    • nikrs
    • JoniSteph
    • michelle_kitten
    • Sara w
    • Katharina
    • Connor42
    • Beth-Ann
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

George B.
    Newest Member
    George B.

• Callie40
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Using a 10x mirror I do see tiny hairs in each that I had not noticed before.  I was able to get most of them cleared out "manually" and then nuked it with good ole rubbing alcohol.  This seemed to clean the area nicely.  But moving forward I intend to use a better product that doesn't make me cry.  LOL Please forward me the specific products you use to a PM.  Thanks!
    • SaraAW
      Michelle, I hope your appointment goes well today. *hugs*
    • SaraAW
      I have the same issue, but it’s getting much better since I started a facial care routine. I use a facial cleanser with salicylic acid (SA) to clean and specifically on my nose and other problem areas on my face, I use a moisturizer with SA. I’ve been at it for 2 months and am already seeing a great improvement in pore reduction and “blackheads”. Let me know if you want the product specifics.  Something interesting I read, is they may not be traditional blackheads, but due to the size of the pores you may just actually be seeing the hair follicle. Shrinking the pores will clear up both issues. Good luck Shawna. *hugs*
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I am finding this be a key factor to letting people get comfortable with who you are and what you will look like or do look like now.  Especially those who are separated by great distance or life circumstances.  It lets them envision the person they are now talking to or texting with.  Without this visual aid they will forever see in their minds the person you were before as they speak or text.   I found it helped when texting with my brother in FL to show him what I look like now.  He was getting hung up on the "you will always be my brother" or I only know you as Shawn" but he said this in the sprite of he will always support me because of who I am to him.  He said he was blown away with my pics but had many compliments as well.  It was sweet really of him to do so.    
    • SaraAW
      Happy to hear things went well and the friendship rekindling will continue. 
    • SaraAW
      Nothing to add other than my support for both to find a solution you’re happy with. I know how important hair can be to ones self identity. *hugs*
    • SaraAW
      Welcome Michaela, glad you found this place. Happy to hear the support of your wife is with you. 
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Welcome Micheals it’s a pleasure to meet you.  Your intro post was quite pleasant to read and I am so glad your wife is being so d sad supportive and accepting.   There are some here not so lucky.  This is a great place to learn more about yourself and make some friends that are in the same boat.  I look forward to reading more! 
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Thank you very much Kate and may I say welcome with a warm heart.   I am thinking about just going in to get my standard cut soon as my attempt to grow my hair again has failed.  So I am conceding defeat and I have ordered an inexpensive wig to use around the house and “practice “.  I live in Vermont so I am not so worried about the heat and humidity, especially right now.  Lol  
    • tracy_j
      I am glad things are going well Susan. It takes time for someone to process things so the month may be ideal.   Tracy
    • DeeDee
      So that sounds like it was definitely a success x 
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/01/pakistan-gives-free-health-care-transgender-people/     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/n-j-bans-gay-transgender-panic-defenses-n1120416     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.wsj.com/articles/south-koreas-military-discharges-transgender-soldier-11579697345   Carolyn Marie
    • Kate Carter
      Hi Shawna, I'm kind of in the same boat, MPB recovered a good bit, but at 15 months of HRT, I'm probably just hanging onto false hope for a full head of hair.  I was clean shaven for a long time (20 years), and I'm not sure that's the best way to go.  In my experience, my skin wasn't too happy with the wig cap being on it all the time.  You can wear protective caps and then the wig, but I'd also think just having some shortish hair cover might give a little more protection, as well as provide some grip for some wigs with small hair combs to hold them in place.   The other option you should look into before changing your current hair would be toppers.  In men the short styles aren't often the best looking, but there are long haired female toppers with human hair that can be dyed, styled, and blended with your natural hair.  I'm growing mine out now to pursue that option.  Depending on where you live, it's potentially a much more comfortable solution, temperature/humidity-wise, and provides more flexibility for exercise.   Figures that my first post would be about MPB.   Best of luck, Kate
  • Upcoming Events