• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Banishing My Facial Hair

Guest NatalieRene

I have had 9 laser sessions, and she does my whole face and neck at each session, i started electrolysis in July in addition to laser to get the white hairs laser can not get, i have to say this combination has done wonders. One note for me electrolysis seems to hurt less than laser, the only drawback is you have to let the facial hair grow long enough for her to get, but since they are white it is not real noticeable.

Paula

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paula ult

• MaryEllen

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

A sure sign I am tired I missed a typo.

That should have been:

The best part is looking in the mirror just now I have no hair growth after 24 hours! I know hair grows in cycles but just maybe nearly all the hairs from this cycle are gone! I know my technician said my fair skin and dark hair was ideal for laser treatment.

There are 3 hair growth cycles.

Anagen, this is the growth cycle 80 - 90 % of hairs are in this phase and lasts 3 to 7 years.

Catagen, this is a transitional phase where the hair stops producing pigment, this hair is pushed towards the surface as the new hair is formed 2 - 3 % is in this phase

Telogen, is the final phase 10 - 15 % of hair is in this phase, this period lasts 3 months.

My laser tech who is also a Dr said not to expect to see big results till after the 4th session.

Paula

Just in case people would like to know (since Aurea vanished!) I decided to track down a similar product I found does the same thing. Says it's also made from a herbal recipe, and when I checked on ebay all the sellers had good positive feedback. The name of the product is ******, and apparently destroys the proteins (protein splitter enzyme) that are responsible for the keratinization of the hair, slows the cell division & differentiation at the hair follicular site and prevents the feeding of the hair at the hair follicular site - I'm gonna buy some from ebay (there main site is and I'll let people know how it goes. :)

Misa Xo

Guest NatalieRene
Way to go, Natalie. Facial hair drives me kookoo.

Thanks

I have a little stubble now 48 hours after the first session but it is so slight that I didn't bother shaving this morning again for fear of irritating the skin. My face is still very sensitive. The puffiness of the swelling has gone down and the reddish flush is gone. Thankfully the pain was completely gone when I woke up this morning. Now I can’t wait for the hairs to just go away so my face can be smooth.

• Root Admin

You might as well plaster your face with axel grease as use any herbal facial hair remover/retardant. Save your time and money. They don't work.

MaryEllen

Guest NatalieRene
You might as well plaster your face with axel grease as use any herbal facial hair remover/retardant. Save your time and money. They don't work.

MaryEllen

Thats what I was thinking when I heard eBay was the place of purchase.

Save your money for laser. :) If you can't afford that you can tweezer it like Angie mentioned. Over time tweezing it will destroy the root of the hair too and reduce your facial hair over a long period of time.

I was just curious, how painfull is it compared to a root cannal?

Jean

Painful really painful..a weekend of fun for masochistsa that's how painful it is......ouch! just keep shaving... :P

Guest NatalieRene
I was just curious, how painfull is it compared to a root cannal?

Jean

I don't know I've never had anything more then a cavity. I'd imagine the root canal is way more painful then laser. Laser is done by zapping the skin for a split second like flicking a rubber band at your face. If you need to the technician can keep it to one zap at a time. In between zaps they put a cool wet cloth on your face and it helps make the pain go away. After the session it feels like a sunburn, which hurts but is nothing like having a person dig around in your mouth.

Guest Joanna Phipps
Just in case people would like to know (since Aurea vanished!) I decided to track down a similar product I found does the same thing. Says it's also made from a herbal recipe, and when I checked on ebay all the sellers had good positive feedback. The name of the product is ******, and apparently destroys the proteins (protein splitter enzyme) that are responsible for the keratinization of the hair, slows the cell division & differentiation at the hair follicular site and prevents the feeding of the hair at the hair follicular site - I'm gonna buy some from ebay (there main site is and I'll let people know how it goes. :)

Misa Xo

if you wouldnt mind pm'ing me with it... i would like to read the ingredients myself

Sure I'll PM you, but now I'm thinking it may be a waste of my hard earned cash, it was only twenty dollars so I'll see I guess, grrr... products like this are so tempting. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NatalieRene

It will be two weeks tomorrow since my first laser session and this morning I noticed that more of my facial hair had come out much to my happiness. I've got no afternoon shadow today which is great. :D

Guest Linz21079

Thankfully, I never had much facial hair, but any facial hair was too much for me. I had a few sessions of laser a few years ago and with the exception of a few stray hairs I've remained completly baby smooth during that time. Since that time, I've gone on to have laser on almost every part of my body, with the exception of my legs. The pain is only temporary, but the results are amazing.

Guest NatalieRene

Update: This morning I was noticing that more hairs are coming out. It's like the hairs stopped growing and instead started to push out, so while I was shaving the razor just grabbed the entire hairs and poof more hairs gone. I really think that it's real close to a 1/4th of my facial hair if you count the fact that there are still two dormant cycles not accounted for. I am noticing that most of the hairs I still have are in the muzzle region (lips and chin). The place I'm going to sold me a 5 session package with free in between to help even out the muzzle area.My next laser session on the 24th of October is one of those in between sessions and then two weeks later I'll have the second session of the 5 in the package deal. If Laser keeps doing this well for me I may not need to use all five sessions of laser to get the job done. In which case I've already talked to the clinic and they will give me a free unibrow and eyebrow feminization If I don't need my fifth facial session! Sweet! ALso they will give me a discount on future laser removal packages. I'm thinking down the road I'll have m arms and legs done and if hrt doesn't make the body hair stop I'll have that removed too. I just need to figure out how much of a discount they are talking about. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest NatalieRene

I just got back from my second session of laser facial hair removal which was right after my therapy session and OMG it hurts. I forgot that it kind of burns for a while afterwords and I can smell the burnt hair. Whats weird is that after 6 weeks from the first session my mind glossed over how painful it is.

Also the awesome news is I will be able to get my third full laser session done on Dec 3 so I can have more progress before the de Gala.

This is working out to be a great month. So by my support groups Christmas part I'll have been on hormones for a week or two if everything goes well and have had three laser sessions. :D I am so excited right now.

Guest Alyssa Leigh

Thats great that you are making progress on removing your facial hair. You can get that smell of burnt hair with electrolysis and sometimes feel it singe, and the upper lip hurts really bad to.

Alyssa

Guest NatalieRene
Thats great that you are making progress on removing your facial hair. You can get that smell of burnt hair with electrolysis and sometimes feel it singe, and the upper lip hurts really bad to.

Alyssa

I will probably need to have a little bit of electrolysis once I've gone as far as I can with laser if any hairs grow back too thin or white. I hope it's not much if any just because it uses needles and I am deathly afraid of needles.

Guest Joanna Phipps

Needles dont bother me but right now I dont have the money for either treatment. However I have some good news anyway, I have only been on hormones for 2.5 months and my beard growth has slowed way down, if things keep up at this rate by the end of two years I wont need either. I can shave it so close that from 3 feet it looks like I dont have any... maybe vaniqa is the answer for me.. dont know cause I cant affod that either

The more time that goes by the more difficulty I have going out in public dressed as a guy. It's like I've been exposed to all sorts of exotic colors and wonderful patterns but when I wake up I got to go back to black and white and fight my way through the day. Sorry just me mopping around on a crappy tuesday.

I guess the main reason I don't don't go outside dressed more naturally is because of my facial hair and glasses. The glasses are a easy thing to fix, but the facial hair might as well be a huge neon sign saying HEY LOOK AT ME. I hate it. Well no more, I have a consultation setup for this Friday after my therapy session and with any luck maybe I can have my first electrolysis session a few days later. Once the facial hair is gone I will feel so relieved.

hi NatalieRene,

I have not started hormones yet but have had 4 Laser treatments to get rid of my dark hair , 2 more sessions with laser and its on to electrolysis for about a year

or so to get rid of my grey beard .....affordability will dictate length of time re that !!!. Laser is a real pain but quick , I have had 1 electrolysis session and not too bad .

Keep on grinnin girl , its worth the pain. Viv.

I heard about a product called meladine the you spray on the beard for six weeks, saving normally each day. At the end of the six weeks the laser tech is able to do laser on light haired people and remove the follicle because it dyes the folicle root not the outer hair which is what is need to use laser. I have been trying to get my tech to get some for me and I will try it on my face since I am light haired now.

I just got back from my 12th laser treatment, I had the lady kick the laser up to the highest setting she could and I actually smelt the hair burning. then I had her adjust the laser for the blond hair on my upper lip. The last session cleared the most up to date so I'm hoping and praying this session got rid of the last dark hairs on my chin.

Plucking facial hair didn't work for me when I first wanted to transition in my twenties I tweezed my entire face and that actually caused my beard to grow in more dense. After I started my transition I bought an epilator and used it for my first year because I did not think I could afford laser. I was on HRT while depilating but the gist of it is the epilator did not work for me all it did was cause me a nightmare of ingrown hairs and caused the laser to not work as well for the first six months. Therefore under no condition do I recommend plucking facial hair. My dermatologist told me all you do when you pluck an hair is signal to the follicle to start growing a new hair. Defeating the purpose of laser or electrolysis.

Now I would like to see this recipe of herbs to research there effects on hair growth so please PM me the list of herbs and let me see what I can figure out about them.

Thanks Ladies with Love

Charlene Leona

Guest NatalieRene
I heard about a product called meladine the you spray on the beard for six weeks, saving normally each day. At the end of the six weeks the laser tech is able to do laser on light haired people and remove the follicle because it dyes the folicle root not the outer hair which is what is need to use laser. I have been trying to get my tech to get some for me and I will try it on my face since I am light haired now.

That is interesting, although I am about as close to a perfect candidate for laser as it gets with my light complexion and dark brown hair. This would be wonderful for older people or people with blond or red facial hair. Let us know how it works out for you if you manage to give it a try.