• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Things You Like About Your Body

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest Donna Jean
Really dense hair. haha I won't be going bald anytime soon

tall enough that I don't look like a dwarf (~5'9)

curves hide well. thank god.

.... there isn't much i like about myself..hah

Honey......

Liking some things about yourself is way better than not liking anything at all!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

• Milly

Guest Nicodeme

• I'm well-proportioned, so even though I'm really short (I usually measure up at 5 feet exactly. Though depending on where I'm getting measured and the time of day, I could be anywhere between 5'1" and 4'11".) from as little as two or three feet away, I look like someone over 5'9".
  • I have medium-height cheekbones, thin lips, and a long-ish fulcrum, which makes me really androgynous-looking. So when I do a good job binding I pass pretty well, and I know once I start growing a beard I'll probably be passing perfectly.
  • For a female, I've got a pretty deep voice. Most of the time it's the lower half of mezzo-soprano, but at the beginning of the day (when my voice is relaxed) and end of the day (when I have most control over my voice) I sound like an alto. And when I get my intonation right, my voice sounds passably male.
  • My body fat tends to settle in a fairly male pattern. I have skinny thighs. And I gain muscle easily, so if I ever exercise, I see the effects pretty quickly.
  • Even when I don't exercise, my metabolism is nice to me and doesn't make me gain a lot of weight despite the fact that I eat junk food and sit around all the time.
  • I have slightly larger-than-normal hands and feet.
  • I have pretty dark peach fuzz. To the point where my friend's dad said, "You know, Alex, India has an even better mustache than you do!"

-I like my weight for my size currently (5"9' ish at 150ish pounds). I actually feel somewhat underweight for my body type since I don't eat often (something I hate and I really need to fix x_x)

You think that's underweight? I'm 5'0 and I weigh more than my friend Marla who's 5'9". I weigh 110-ish most of the time. She weighs almost exactly 100.

But on the other hand, you do weigh less than my girlfriend. She's 5'8" and 160. (But she's not on hormones yet, so a lot of that is probably muscle.)

Guest GinaBrandt

I like that my hair grows out quickly

I like that I already have a girlish frame

I like that I've always had slight curves

I like that my voice is naturally a little high

HRT is starting to seem like it won't be a lost cause, I can't wait to start :)

Love,

Gina

I have a really nice nose, tiny, very slightly upturned, very German looking (I thank my father for that).

I also have fairly prominent cheekbones, which is allegedly a good thing. I personally don't like them, since I think it makes my face look too.. harsh? I don't know exactly...

And I like my hair. Natural blonde, very light hair. Very slightly wavy (just enough that I don't really have to do much to my hair beyond combing it to make it look like I've worked on it), and I'm a fan of my hair style (especially now that its starting to really grow!)

Hmm... well, I could say that I'm really glad I lost some 45 lbs recently. Got rid of all my male fat, and now all the fat I put on goes to female places (real boobies, here I come!)

Guest AshleyRF
Aww, don't be like that :)

I wouldn't know how else to be. I wish I could see the things everyone says they see about me but I just don't. I see masculine features that send me into panic attacks. I fear that someone at some point is going to say something to me in public and I really don't know how I would react. I could never stand that happening to me not even once. It would probably push me over the edge.

Guest GinaBrandt
I wouldn't know how else to be. I wish I could see the things everyone says they see about me but I just don't. I see masculine features that send me into panic attacks. I fear that someone at some point is going to say something to me in public and I really don't know how I would react. I could never stand that happening to me not even once. It would probably push me over the edge.
Let me preface this by reiterating everyone who says it's what's inside that counts. That is true, but the fact is that's not what matters to you right now, so I'm going to talk about what does matter to you right now.

I don't know how to say this without sounding incredibly superficial, but I see three kinds of picture on this site and the internet in general (when it's an MTF):

1: Pretty obviously a former male.

2: Passable, but if you knew or squinted just right you might be able to tell.

3: Drop-dead gorgeous, completely passable woman.

I have a very critical eye. In fact, part of the reason I hid TS feelings for so long was that I didn't think the third category was possible. You, and I mean this with 100% honesty, fall into that third category. You're a beautiful woman with some facial features that you don't like, but they're no worse than "GG" women have to deal with. And again, I don't mean to seem superficial and I know there's so much more to a person than this, but.. pictures like yours honestly and truly give me hope that I might be that beautiful some day. Pictures like yours cleared the misconception in my head that all transsexuals look at least a little like guys in drag.

You're beautiful, and like every other woman you have flaws. I work with a woman who looks JUST (to a T) like you. I know she's a "GG", I've met her kids. If I ran into you on the street I wouldn't suspect you any more than I'd suspect her.

Keep in mind, for as long as you remember your old face you're going to pick out any similarities that you can find. That doesn't mean others see them, or that they assume they're guy features. They don't look like guy features. I'm telling you, I just don't see anything but girl when I look at you.

I'm sorry for the length of this, I've been doing the rambling thing a lot today :)

Hugs,

Gina

Guest AshleyRF
Let me preface this by reiterating everyone who says it's what's inside that counts. That is true, but the fact is that's not what matters to you right now, so I'm going to talk about what does matter to you right now.

I don't know how to say this without sounding incredibly superficial, but I see three kinds of picture on this site and the internet in general (when it's an MTF):

1: Pretty obviously a former male.

2: Passable, but if you knew or squinted just right you might be able to tell.

3: Drop-dead gorgeous, completely passable woman.

I have a very critical eye. In fact, part of the reason I hid TS feelings for so long was that I didn't think the third category was possible. You, and I mean this with 100% honesty, fall into that third category. You're a beautiful woman with some facial features that you don't like, but they're no worse than "GG" women have to deal with. And again, I don't mean to seem superficial and I know there's so much more to a person than this, but.. pictures like yours honestly and truly give me hope that I might be that beautiful some day. Pictures like yours cleared the misconception in my head that all transsexuals look at least a little like guys in drag.

You're beautiful, and like every other woman you have flaws. I work with a woman who looks JUST (to a T) like you. I know she's a "GG", I've met her kids. If I ran into you on the street I wouldn't suspect you any more than I'd suspect her.

Keep in mind, for as long as you remember your old face you're going to pick out any similarities that you can find. That doesn't mean others see them, or that they assume they're guy features. They don't look like guy features. I'm telling you, I just don't see anything but girl when I look at you.

I'm sorry for the length of this, I've been doing the rambling thing a lot today :)

Hugs,

Gina

This made me blush big time. lol Seriously.. if you are telling the truth... that would really make me so happy!!!

I'm really sorry I am so hard on myself. I'm sure you all are sick of it. I'm just so afraid of someone knowing when they look at me and hurting me. That is my biggest fear. That is why I worry so much about every little detail of my face. If any part of it looks masculine to me then it sends me into a panic because I think some redneck here in the wonderful state of MS is going to peg me as trans and really really hurt me. This area isn't known for being accepting of trans/gay people.

Guest GinaBrandt
This made me blush big time. lol Seriously.. if you are telling the truth... that would really make me so happy!!!

I'm really sorry I am so hard on myself. I'm sure you all are sick of it. I'm just so afraid of someone knowing when they look at me and hurting me. That is my biggest fear. That is why I worry so much about every little detail of my face. If any part of it looks masculine to me then it sends me into a panic because I think some redneck here in the wonderful state of MS is going to peg me as trans and really really hurt me. This area isn't known for being accepting of trans/gay people.

I am telling the truth :)

I wasn't saying it because I was sick of it, I was just amazed that someone who looked so feminine would be convinced otherwise. I do understand where you're coming from, I live in the deep south and am hoping to time a move back to California with my (eventual) transitioning.

Guest ChloëC

I like my hair (still rather full at this advanced age, lol), my green eyes, my legs sometimes, the fact that either my ears and nose haven't gotten bigger or my face hasn't shrunk away from them. (oh, I would be crushed if my nose and ears got as big as some I've seen). I've had fun playing basketball and wished a lot of times for bigger hands, but I'm also a little inwardly happy they didn't get huge, they look adequate when I'm dressed.

I'm taller than my two brothers, my parents, my grandparents, all but one great-grandparent, but I like that I didn't grow any taller as I'm really a rather normal height (tells you a lot about my family genetics, huh! but my son has about 3" on me, go figure). I'm also thankful that my family genes didn't go 'hairy' - mostly just light and short. And 10 more pounds to go, and I'll be really happy (down 25 in a little over a year).

Ashley, we're all hard on ourselves at one or another, because we've been looking at what we think we appear to others for way too many years, and we see far more 'warts' than are really there (which more than not, are - none!). I thought your previous picture showed a cute feminine woman. Your latest shows a strikingly attractive feminine woman. Keep them coming, so we can keep helping you see the woman you are.

Hugs,

Chloë

Guest Karen Marie Harris

Well, lets see....the things I like?

My facial hair is super.....I don't need to shave 4 times a day, no 5 O'clock problem

legs, believe it or not, my legs are very nice. (I'm overweight) My Mom, 1st wife and 2nd. wife has

commented on how much they wished that they could have my legs. As a man, not much of a turn on, as

a CDer......fantastic.

I HAD prostate cancer (had) and I spent alot of time on female hormones (shots and pills) which left

me REALLY small in the "Man" size department which means I don't need to do any "tucking"

Don't like being over weight except it helps to create "breasts"

'nuff said

Hugs

Karen Marie

Guest AshleyRF

Oh.. Karen.. you made me actually realize one I really like about my body.. that is the size of my gross part. I am not gifted in that area either thankfully so like you, tucking isn't much of a problem. :)

Hugs

Ash

I guess I can post here, haven't begun therapy for hormones yet but 3 things I like now.

1. My facial features are not very masculine. I am tall but I know there are some tall girls too lol. 6 foot or so, maybe a bit more. I don't have alot of facial hair. I mean I do have some but it takes forever to grow. Though I do get beard stubble rather fast. I am not sure but I suspect others are also afflicted by this "stubble" nonsense. >.> My feet are rather large, though I do suspect I can size down to a 12 or 11 and a half chuck taylor.

2. My head hair! I don't like bragging but I do like my hair. I do hope it gets longer when I get on hormones though.

3. Well embarrassing to say but heck, I do plan on removing it later... My well.. "thang" ain't big at all.

Guest Girl Emily

I really love my legs. It is strange that when I thought of myself as male hated them. How much difference a day makes ;-)

Huggs,

Guest Donna Jean

I totally love this thread.....

It's wonderful seeing us people saying some positive things about ourselves for a change!

We CAN see the good things in ourselves!

Oh, and I'm getting more things to add to the list as I go along, but for now...

It's my eyes!

Never thought that would be how it is......

Donna Jean

Guest JustShelly

I have read this post before and read all of the replies, but me being the self hating person I am I never thought there was anything to post. I then thought of the things that made me look like the pathetic man I am. I realized then, that I actually may not be that pathetic of a woman!

Wow I actually can think of quit of few. I always knew these things about me but viewed them more as a failure of a man.

1. I'm short (for a man)5'7.5"

2. I'm thin

3. I have small hands (for a man)

4.I am very small down there, I never understood the problem of tucking, mine almost naturally tuck. I should have known this. Many years ago I was checked for an std (didn't have one,whew!) and afterward the nurse gave me the condom speech, I'll never forget what she said. her words "you know they do make special size condoms for eh eh smaller men. I always passed it off as her husband must be huge!!.

5. I have small feet 7 men 8W woman

6. I have a small head. Although most woman do have bigger heads then males hmmmm

7. I have little Adams apple if any

8. I have small neck.

9. I am very narrow in chest area.

Listing these things made me feel better for once. I know I could probably list more things that make me look like a male but I won't go there. Thats not what this thread is for.

Thanks for starting this thread, :) its what all of us need to say.

If I posted before, I don't remember. So please don't tell me what I said the last time!

- 20 pounds lighter than I was a month ago - must have finally had the baby when I wasn't noticing. I get to buy non-maternity clothes! (stretch marks overlooked).

- hairless except for that dirty line above my lip. And have a date for laser next week!

- hair on the top of my head is still there.

- neither tall, broad, nor muscular - easily feminized!

Kat

Guest ricka

Well for starters I love and am content with my body as a woman where as a male I never was. I've had breasts since puberty and they are now a c-cup and I absolutely adore them. And like some of you mentioned about yourselves I love having a very tiny male appendage which has all but disappeared. I love having a Rubens figure with big hips and butt. I love having feminine facial features and no adam's apple. My legs aren't bad either and I have great skin. I am blessed with a body that produces its own estrogen so that I have never had to go on hormones.

Huggs---Ricka

Guest mrgeof2m1991

I like that I look neither male or female because I can confuse people and I kinda like doing that because then they tend to lean towards calling me male xD LOVE it.

I like that I am pretty small in weight and my hips are hidden.

I like that I am short even for a guy 5'3/8". It's not a big deal to me because I don't think that I would like to be tall.

I like that I am small in the chest because even when I don't bind it's hard to notice. I love it!

PS I love the idea of this thread!!!!!!!!