• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Makes A Car Look Like Its Owner Is Male Or Female?lol

Guest laura renee

Guest Zandrogynous

just throw trash all over the floor boards... Ive never been in a girls car that wasn't super messy. Guys keep their cars clean and their living spaces get dirty... girls its the exact opposite. So yea trash, makeup, bags of stuff, silly dangly things to hang from your mirror...so on. The key is to be as messy as possible :P

j/k btw... this is a gross generalization lol

Haha this has not been my experience at all. All my guy friends had filthy cars. Food, trash, old electronics, other junk. I have a honda accord, its silver and as far as I'm concerned gender nuetral. Although, the sweet dragon floormats scream male, and the angry bird on my dashboard...well I don't know lol. Otherwise I try to keep my car clean as possible.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Paula ult

• Cyndee

Guest Shari

Haha, funny thread.

I drive a red Cadillac. It screams a more mature description of some females.....

A convertible bug is probably my car of the future, either that or a cute little hybrid. The thing is, my Caddy is the ultimate fashion accessory!

Shari

Guest Jo-88

this reminds me of a cake song...

Haha, funny thread.

I drive a red Cadillac. It screams a more mature description of some females.....

A convertible bug is probably my car of the future, either that or a cute little hybrid. The thing is, my Caddy is the ultimate fashion accessory!

Shari

This reminds me of a Cake song...

"...She wants a car with a cupholder arm rest

She wants a car that will get her there

She's changing her name from Kitty to Karen

She's trading her MG for a white Chrysler La Baron

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnggggggggg jacket..."

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Hey now, my mom's car isn't messy! (just the back seat)

I've seen stickers on the back window of cars that were a pair of flip flops in pink. Not sure where you get it but that to me said "girl car!"

Guest Guest_SL

Crimson red Dodge Challenger...spotless...yeah, I think I'm doing something wrong ;)

Same here but a 328i. Not a spot of dust inside or out. Looks brand new. Whatever or whoever I am, I need to be able to drive fast. It's a weakness. I don't drive stupid, just fast. The 300 series loves the road.

SL

Guest CandySweet

Guys always refer to pretty cars that are all show and no go as "Chick Cars" and some have mentioned already the VW Beetle. I think the VW Jetta is also viewed as sort of a chick car. Jeeps and rugged trucks are guy cars, and SUVs such as Jeep Cherokees a soccer mom girl cars. Hybrids such as the Prius are probably more chick cars.

In my mind, a sexy cherry red colored car of any make screams chick car, whereas something sporty and black is usually viewed as masculine. Of course, a Pink or Purple colored car screams chick car as well.

It used to be that an automatic transmission instead of a stick shift designated a girl car, but now almost all cars are automatic transmissions, and almost no one even knows what a stick shift is much less how to use one in a car.

That being said, there's always something sexy about a pretty girl driving a powerful guy car -- like she's a sexually liberated woman who knows how to get what she wants.

Guest LizMarie

On the daily commute I am often amazed at the number of women driving Ford Mustangs, and not all of them being the 6 cylinder versions either. Often they are the Mustang GTs or GT 500s, expensive and powerful muscle cars. :)

Guest Stormrider2112

Guys always refer to pretty cars that are all show and no go as "Chick Cars" and some have mentioned already the VW Beetle. I think the VW Jetta is also viewed as sort of a chick car. Jeeps and rugged trucks are guy cars, and SUVs such as Jeep Cherokees a soccer mom girl cars. Hybrids such as the Prius are probably more chick cars.

In my mind, a sexy cherry red colored car of any make screams chick car, whereas something sporty and black is usually viewed as masculine. Of course, a Pink or Purple colored car screams chick car as well.

It used to be that an automatic transmission instead of a stick shift designated a girl car, but now almost all cars are automatic transmissions, and almost no one even knows what a stick shift is much less how to use one in a car.

That being said, there's always something sexy about a pretty girl driving a powerful guy car -- like she's a sexually liberated woman who knows how to get what she wants.

I grew up with a father who is a car aficionado. It's in my blood :D I see nothing wrong with driving a badass sports car!

And I know the guys I work with that are auto junkies, as well as I, refer to all show/no go cars as "plastic tigers," mostly since they tend to be kids with Japanese cars with ridiculous spoilers and decal kits, and have about the same horsepower as a horse.

• 3 months later...
Guest Deenah

blanket in the back seat,unbrella,extra shoes of course,fog or butterfly seat covers, and lipstick coming out of every storage compartment the car has..

Guest Janice Lynn

blanket in the back seat,unbrella,extra shoes of course,fog or butterfly seat covers, and lipstick coming out of every storage compartment the car has..

Ah .... the lipstick! 1/3 shortened to stubs. 1/3 still useful. 1/3 melted.

messy cars arent always girls cars... depends what the mess is partly.. as you mentioned, lipstick, and stuff like that...could be a sign that its a girls car. maybe tools and car parts laying around is a guys car, but i dont know, depends.

in the old days it was so much easier, the Camaro was designed to compete with the Mustang, but it was to be a younger woman's car. so they gave it nice subtle curves, and receding headlights, a wide (big?) rear end, with subtle small taillights on each side.

just enough chrome to accent and make it stand out nice, but not a ton of chrome like on grandpa's Buick!

Mustangs were designed for 18 yr old boys. Dad would have the bigger T bird with the huge engine, and mom would have the nice sedan but junior would have the smallish but cute pony car..pony because its small, but they put a big engine in them, so they'd spin some tire for ya! woohoo that'll impress some young people you know! They were priced less, for the same reasons..simple options packages, nothing fancy, or expensive about it.

that was ford. Dodge had the huge Super Bees and things like that for dad, but Junior could have the Roadrunner, which was tht title of cartoons and songs and they could use that on its stripe, like they do with the Bee. they were smaller and cheaper, and priced for junior, same a the mustang. their old advertsising used to talk about these cars like that.

mom usually got the station wagon or the sedan,

like these days moms get the SUV. because they gotta load those kids around and their things, big tubas and hockey sticks and surf boards..

GMC trucks were meant for pro business but the Chevy van was a almost the same, thats for the do-it-yourselfer dad. Mom's

colors? how about very thick metal flaked light blues, or light greens, and white(duotones) .maybe creamy colors.

Men, darker blues, deeper reds, maybe black. brown, or weird burnt orangey colors. they can be clean and shiny like a show car, or totally need a bath and have rust spots painted with red primer -as if it does anyting for it! lol

Women dont like rusty cars, theyd tolerate a bad bump better than a rusty flaking area.

window sunshades: womens have certain bright pictures on them, like smiling sunshines, and beach scenes, but men like a plain thing, or the silvery chrome plastic.

i cant think of others, but i think those are some examples, what do you think?

Guest April.

I drive an '01 SS commodore 6 speed manual (don't do autos), same as the export pontiac GTO but a sedan not coupe. I'm pretty girly but love my tough cars. Interior, hot pink seat covers, pink dice, etc. Exterior standard silver but am in the process of spraying pink accents on the bodykit, pink on silver, HOT oh and the pink bits sticker on rear window. Nothing like 300 kilowatts under your right foot.