• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Uterus Transplant

Guest Michele H

Guest CattalieChan

SIGN ME UP!!!! Again, infirtility is one of my leading causes of depression. It would do the world good to understand, among other things, depression. My health teacer is nice to me, without her I may still be in denial, if I was still here. We are doing the reproductive unit, and this causes me much depression, and guy mode me almost cryed. She will let me leave, and I thank her for that. Yes, please use my words. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO BEAR CHILDREN. but i am to early.

Amber

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• MaryEllen

• jessica_282

• Cyndee

Guest thefireship

For the longest time I thought I just didn't want children, that I was born without a biological clock. However, after a while, I came to realize (before even letting myself accept that I am FTM) that it wasn't that I didn't want kids, I just never wanted to go through being pregnant.

Now, whenever I see a film, or photos and whatnot from friends who've had kids.. The part where the father is nervously, yet proudly, holding the new baby beside the mother's bed as she looks on? Oh man. That tugs at me something fierce.

I think if there was an operation for FTM's to have, not only a really real penis, but one that could assist them in fathering a child? I'd probably consider it. (Assuming the chances were as good as non-transfolk that the child would be healthy of course.) It wouldn't even bug me if the DNA wasn't mine. (Hey, I'm adopted. I'm a little bias towards the idea of raising kids who wouldn't be genetically from me. And besides, I'd know I helped.)

In all seriousness though, my considering it would likely be brief. In spite of how much seeing Dads with their kids tugs at me, and how I'd probably make a keen Dad, I've gotten pretty settled on the idea of not having kids. (For example, I really want to travel and continue to write and do art, but such things would be really hard to do while raising children. I'm a wee bit too free spirited and have to be honest about it, especially on a subject so big as raising kids. But I'm sure there are some guys who'd just love to be Dads and I think it would be great for them to be able to do this.)

So yes, if these transplants were possible, I'd be on the bus to get there, then on the bus to go get snipped. ;) I figure, if I ever end up devoted to a woman who wanted children and the pregnancy process, after I received a sterile transplant, we could find other ways. I don't mind the idea of being a Dad, it just wouldn't be something I'd actively seek for myself.

PS: Michele H? Since I can't speak for everyone, I'm gonna speak for myself and say you can use what I've written for documentation if you'd like. I know I'm coming from a different perspective, but permissions are granted all the same. :)

Guest Eranie

Personally I'd like to have the proper plumbing but i don't think its needed to be considered a girl but I think it'd make me feel more whole in a sense because i do want children some day but don't want to be a father. I hope this sort of thing advances in the next couple years so we all can be happier and get exactly what we want if we want it :)

Guest Janessa

I'm only 18 so I really have no interest in children at the moment... but yes, I certainly do wish I was capable of having children. I'm not going to even bother saving my sperm because I want to be a mother, not a father. =|

Guest Caroline_J

I wouldn't think twice and go with the transplant. I rember being there when my sister had her first born. I spent more time holding my niece then my sister that day.

An experience like that sure made feel small as a human being....

Guest Michele H
personally i wouldn't mind but i know i can't speak for everyone else. are you just going to be speaking about uterine transplants or the desire for many in the trans community to have properly functioning anatomy? i.e proper plumbing for MTF and FTMs?

Functioning plumbing for both FtM and MtF

• 6 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Reading a book by Germaine Greer (she really really really doesn't like us) where one of her slams was that no "Man made woman " has ever asked to have a uterus and bear children. My reation was - hey if it was availalbe I'd sign up to be the first! That got me thinking - first - virtually every other organ in the body can be transplanted - why not a uterus - or for that matter - the entire works? That then got me to thinking - am I the only one? - is Germaine essentially correct and there really is no interest. So A little pole - who amongts the mtf crowd would sign up for such a transplant and just for equal time - Why couldn't male testes, scrotum and penius be transplanted.

Looking forward to your comments

OMG I just found this post.

Having the ability to conceive, carry, and deliver a child to me is the ultimate Woman experience ! As others have indicated, I would gladly endure a monthly menstrual cycle to have this ability. Sadly this is not possible in this lifetime for me. I dream of it often. I really want to experience being a mom, plain and simple. It's the most beautiful thing in the world to me. Going to Lamaze classes with my wife and being there for both my daughter's births, were certainly some of the most special times in this life for me. I can only hope in my next life as a Woman, that I may get to experience this. I blogged about it here at Laura's (a far more beautiful life) it's my fantasy, it's where I want be.

Love

Cynthia Ann

no "Man made woman " has ever asked to have a uterus and bear children.

That's interesting that she said that, because the very first modern sex change surgery back in the 20's in Berlin included an attempt at a uterus and ovarian transplant. The consequential organ rejection resulted in the poor girls death, which is probably why it hasn't been exlored further, but at least ONE certainly asked for it.

It says a lot that this thread has so many responses. The over

whelming response reflects that the instinctive drive to bear children is so strong in most of us.

For me as a female it is at the core of my sexuality----to become pregnant and t

to bear children. I am at least forunate in my career that I work with children

and young adults and I am the mother they never had. And of this I will relate

a story: I have two beloved nephews,one who graduated from Oxford and

the other who graduated from West Point. But I was never as proud of them as of my foster son who got his GED. No, he did not come from my uterus but he was my child nevertheless.

Miss Ricka

Guest Emily Ray

I know that for me it would be an experience worth any amount of pain. I hope it comes to pass before I am to old to partake in the miracle.

Huggs

Emily

Ok, this might be kind of an out there idea.

But even though having internal female anatomy is something I would like in and of itself, I also think that anytime there is at least one orphaned child up for adoption who will otherwise grow up alone, it is deeply immoral to basically say "forget that kid, I'm gonna go make more of me."

ok sorry, /rant

Guest Melissa 67

Ok, this might be kind of an out there idea.

But even though having internal female anatomy is something I would like in and of itself, I also think that anytime there is at least one orphaned child up for adoption who will otherwise grow up alone, it is deeply immoral to basically say "forget that kid, I'm gonna go make more of me."

ok sorry, /rant

Yes adopting is nice, but just to have complete female anatomy, and have monthly periods and all that. I mean, the issue of getting pregnant or adopting is not what is really important here, at least not for me.

Love

Melissa 67

Guest Sarissa

I would have to add my Name to the "OMG MOST DEFINATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I have often thought that would be the most wonderful thing to actually have the Female Organs. Thanks for bringing this up, i have wondered about it for many many years..

Sarissa

Guest tori319

I wouldn't for the simple fact that it's temporary. It hasn't been proven safe for the baby not mention the fact that that you have to take anti-rejection drugs and it's to be removed after the birth. Another reason being that you can't menstruate because it doesn't involve ovaries and therefore you couldn't bare children of your own.

Guest Chloe Renee

One of the only reasons I am not running headlong into transition is the ability to father a child. My wife and I are trying to have a child before I start hormones. This is also part of the reasons GRS is not the "must have" surgery that I feel the need to have. The ability to be "complete" via functioning is a dream I would love to live. I deeply want to go through pregnancy first hand to have that bond with your child. To feel it growing inside you. Some of my Female friends think I am insane for wanting this.

I cannot explain myself, but it is something I really want.

Guest AiAmAngel

The common theme here seems to be "I'd do it in a heart beat"... well guess what? I'd do it in a heart beat :P

I'd say the lack of the ability to transplant a uterus isn't the issue. Infact- I read it was done in Saudi Arabia on a woman in some accident. The issue is mainly rejection of organs- getting a transplant would require a close female relative who... wouldn't mind a voluntary hysterectomy. Needless to say, that doesn't happen very often.

Also, there aren't many surgeons out there willing to just operate on transsexuals (either because of malpractice fears or general intolerance) :(

But hey! Stem cells are going a long way. Do your part and vote democrat!