• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Uterus Transplant

Guest Michele H

Never gave it a thought until last week. My daughter has given us a grandson now 7 mos. old. She told me that being pregnant was the most wonderful experience of her life and that the emotions she experienced were uninaginably wonderful For a moment in time I felt a pang of jealousy that I never experienced that joy. Mia.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• MaryEllen

• jessica_282

• Cyndee

you know what your absolutly right, and if they do find out how to do it, the women who are FTM can give their uterus and all of a sudden they would have 1000s of MTFs signing up for the operation, if they could make me 100% female and by that i mean alow me to produce eggs, have a period, have my vocal choards completely changed so there is no possible way for anyone to tell i was a male in the "darker" time of my life, and EVEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO FEEL THE PAIN OF CHILD BIRTH, and even if it took 10 years i would sign up for it, no matter how much pain it could possibly give me, as long as i could live and have those experiences i would do it instantaniously, and i bet my fellow girls would agree with me that they shouldnt "just" do research on diseases but also on surgurys and new and improved pills for transgendered individuals, as soon as im old enough to get a job (im only 14 and nobody will give me a "Real" job)

i will save up untill i have 1 million dollars (i know it is unlikely to happen but ill try my best) to give to transgender research! to help the next generations of transgered guys and gals to have what we dont.

about it being tramatic for the child well if you dont hide it from him or her they will grow up knowing it and it not being tramatic at all, if you hide it until they are in there teens then it might be tramatic, if you raise them having the knowladge that information, they will know that transsexuals are a natural part of life and they will grow up thinking "my mom was once a guy, so what she is who she is and i love her

Perhaps I’m just on a different level of considerate and thoughtful person? Perhaps I’m just one of those that’s actually capable of putting one in front of myself, be it one I truly love or one I could imagine developing love for through the nurturing of my pregnancy? Hmmm, maybe it’s just me? Oh, wait a minute, it is just me, isn’t it? Don’t feel pity for me though, I feel rather comfortable with bein’ the odd one out in this particular instance.

I’ll also add I’m one that’s quite grateful for not acting on irrational thought and having a child with a woman when I was younger. I mean, why would I considering I’ve always felt more so a girl inside? Perhaps I’m one that would feel this life to be far more valuable than I or another would purchase at an animal shelter or pet store. Perhaps I’m just one to actually think ahead and feel for what this person would have to contend with being born to a transgendered woman in a world that still harbors so much prejudice for a person like myself. Hmmm, maybe it’s just me?

the guy in your link's name is thomas beatie the guy in jenny's link's name is not. and the title is WORLDS FIRST PREGNENT MALE.

Don't know what happened there but the following is my reply, not Sarahs:

Perhaps I’m just on a different level of considerate and thoughtful person? Perhaps I’m just one of those that’s actually capable of putting one in front of myself, be it one I truly love or one I could imagine developing love for through the nurturing of my pregnancy? Hmmm, maybe it’s just me? Oh, wait a minute, it is just me, isn’t it? Don’t feel pity for me though, I feel rather comfortable with bein’ the odd one out in this particular instance.

I’ll also add I’m one that’s quite grateful for not acting on irrational thought and having a child with a woman when I was younger. I mean, why would I considering I’ve always felt more so a girl inside? Perhaps I’m one that would feel this life to be far more valuable than I or another would purchase at an animal shelter or pet store. Perhaps I’m just one to actually think ahead and feel for what this person would have to contend with being born to a transgendered woman in a world that still harbors so much prejudice for a person like myself. Hmmm, maybe it’s just me?

There used to be a great resentment against children born out of weddlock (apparently the hospital for the nearby town of in sin, where a lot of people lived at the time). :D

That stigma is gone - celebrities run around having babies with multiple partners and never get married and we are fine with that now.

When the first gay couple had a baby, there were a lot of raised eyebrows, as more come along society adjusts.

I would like to think that one day we will be accepted as equals - do I think that it would be in time for a child that I would have - no!

I'm too old to need to worry about this topic a lot, but I would not want to give birth to the next Joan of Ark! I would want my child to grow up safe and live a much longer and happier life.

This is all a what if subject, so what if we made a real effort to gain acceptance and understanding among the general population so that someday if this becomes possible it wouldn't need to be such a moral delema!

Just a little something to think about - changing the world isn't easy, but you have to start somewhere - tell a freind!

Love ,

Sally

Guest Sandra
...So A little pole - who amongts the mtf crowd would sign up for such a transplant and just for equal time - Why couldn't male testes, scrotum and penius be transplanted.

Looking forward to your comments

Absolutely, I'd love to. I hope medical science can make that happen someday soon.

I'd also look forward to getting pregnant, but of course in a proper situation (good relationship/income) to have/raise kids, a consideration any sensible woman would have to make.

Guest sara w.
Don't know what happened there but the following is my reply, not Sarahs:

im just saying that the way you are raised has an effect on your concept on right and wrong, the people who joined the kkk i'd bet you anything they were raised in horrible homes which had violence day in and day out with a racist family member, if they were raised in good homes they probably wouldn't think that, just like if someone was raised in a family where the mother or father was the opposite gender one time in life and knows about the transsexualism there entire life, it is most likely they will have no hostile feelings towards their parents.

Okay people, lets keep this civil. Don't want the mods to remove this topic again.

Take it easy there, Joe Cortez. No need to send anyone to a neutral corner just yet. Maybe if we show the mods we're actually capable of hashing something out amongst ourselves we can get 'em to lighten up on the intensity of the babysitting, ever think of that? I have the utmost confidence in every girl here that this issue, despite it's controversial caliber, can be reasonably discussed and through careful analysis of each other's post and the very thread itself, could likely serve to enrich us all.

I'm speaking my feelings on the matter in the present, you realize? If you recall correctly, I took responsibility for raising this issue to a heated level just before this thread was lifted by the mods back in September. I let my emotions get the best of me on one (1) post and despite makin’ an *ss of myself, I feel I managed to derive somethin’ positive from the whole dealio for I’ve visited this thread on numerous occasions since then and as opposed to typing from my heart, chose to log off and devote further thought to those post and what I desired to type in reply.

Perhaps mine is an intimidating counter sometimes? Is this necessarily a bad thing on such an argumentative topic? This is certainly an accurate description, dontcha think? I mean, let us call a spade a spade. Surely no one here expected every post to this thread to read in congenial harmony? Why is it you think (you, meaning all that are reading or have read) I continue to read over the many sentiments on this thread? Well, it matters much to me that I put forth my best effort at reason. And as a cool little bonus, I’ve detected there to be quite a few very intelligent and seemingly well educated peeps here from which I’d like to learn a little.

Oh, one more thing Dear Silver, please don’t feel reluctant to call me out from here on. I would’ve taken no offense whatsoever to your concern, mind you. Mine was the provocative reply so to make a sweeping collection of all on the thread was unnecessarily cautious, I’d like to mention. Thanks. ;)

im just saying that the way you are raised has an effect on your concept on right and wrong, the people who joined the kkk i'd bet you anything they were raised in horrible homes which had violence day in and day out with a racist family member, if they were raised in good homes they probably wouldn't think that, just like if someone was raised in a family where the mother or father was the opposite gender one time in life and knows about the transsexualism there entire life, it is most likely they will have no hostile feelings towards their parents.

Good post. And your right to a large extent. But let us keep in mind here that by addressing this stage of the matter, be it the post natal development, is to assume a transgendered ladies pregnancy would likely prove successful. Please consider, as I feel I’ve tried to convey in past post to this thread, that my concern is for the pregnant lady here as well. Or maybe I just assumed this would be naturally considered in light that I’m a trans girl myself? Though I would never elect to undergo this procedure, it hardly means I’m indifferent to the health risk of one who would.

In regard to the stage your post specifies, I won’t attempt to challenge your contention that a parent’s instruction is strong and likely to guide a child well when conducted in a positive and loving fashion. I think it’s seldom the case when such a directive fails. But keep in mind people like ourselves are not only quite the minority, but much to my and I’m certain your own sadness, a very misunderstood and discriminated minority.

As much as it pains and angers me at times, the despicably unreasonable fact of the matter is we’re considered freakish mistakes by far too many. I just fail to see how one could so readily put a child in a position like this, knowing they have to go out into the world and attempt to function well with others, most of which it seems either don’t understand or hate us or both. Wow? And as much as I hate to say it, the fact is the trans ladies aesthetics in this case would be a very strong factor in the quality of treatment her child would receive. Think about it, if his or her mother passes well it would surely make for a less turbulent childhood for this would mean less of her child’s peers would detect it.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I have no desire to have a uterus, bear children, or even have a period.

periods are yucky, and I'll leave that for my genetic female friends to deal with.

Guest Christy.dancer

Wow... this whole thread has stimulated a LOT of thinking on my part... carrying this whole SRS thingie to a logical conclusion....

The science fiction (or is it possible in the near future????) of a uterine transplant so that I could become a biological mom is wierd. I've really never thought of myself in the future tense as a parent. My "visions" for myself really carry on to college and maybe beyond. I think about being able to live full-time, and having a full-time boyfriend... and maybe moving in with him... and sometimes I even imagine that we live out our lives married... the whole Barbie Dreamhouse scenario.

But kids? If I COULD have kids, would I want them? I mean, as a MTF transsexual, the ability to bear a child would be wonderfully validating, right? But would I be a good/great mother?

In the reality of possibly finding the right guy who accepts me for who I am, who I used to be, and who I'm going to be in the future, would there be room in that mix for us to be parents? If so, then that opens a reality where I'd prolly want to adopt a child or children AT LEAST, if the science fiction of a uterine transplant didn't turn into science fact.

Then it opens the same question that cis-girls are faced with -- even if I COULD bear children, and WANTED children, would I still want to be a biological mom rather than simply adopt?

I know I'm w-a-a-a-a-a-ay over-thinking this, but that's the way I think.... Now, back to my regularly scheduled, Barbie Dreamhouse Show, already in progress.

Replying to the original post about getting a Uterus Transplant to have a child…

I would love to be able to get pregnant and have a baby that way. I already have two children and I love them very much. I get upset at times because I do not feel I am capable of being the father they deserve. No matter how much I love them, they are still missing something I cant provide. I have always wished I could have been their mother, that is a role I "think" I would have been better at. I was very jealous of my ex when she had our children.

Now having said that I would also like to point out a few things. At this point in my life I am not ready to have another child. I am MTF but I am not attracted to men, which would make having a child even more complex than it already would be if I could have operations and transplants to allow it.

But the idea of being able to be a mother is just fantastic.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
But kids? If I COULD have kids, would I want them? I mean, as a MTF transsexual, the ability to bear a child would be wonderfully validating, right? But would I be a good/great mother?

Of course! Someone has to mow the lawn, take out the garbage, help bring in the groceries.

If you don't want to have kids, get a pet! They're easy to please and always full of love. Especially dogs. They're loyal and very protective.

So are bears, but um......more difficult to feed.

Guest belle27

Although i do believe that having the ability to get pregnant does not make you a true woman,

i do believe that it is a wonderful gift to give birth to a human being.

Yes!!! If i had the chance to get pregnant (when i 'm older) i would take the chance.

I'm just not fit to be a "dad".

Belle.

Guest RainBird
As far as I know it's not possible. There are too many blood vessels and such connecting the uterous to the body and too much happens in the womb for a transplant to be realistic.

You also lack the bone structure to give birth. Women have larger hips for that reason.

If if were possbile, I'd love to carry a child and give birth.

C-section! ;) I'd still do it! :D

Some genetic girls do have small hips as some genitic males and transwomen have larger than average hips :)

Guest My_Genesis
EVEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO FEEL THE PAIN OF CHILD BIRTH

well i guess i missed this the first time around but i just as much want the ability to feel the pain of blue testicles :lol:

which im metaphorically experiencing right now anyway LOL.

Guest My_Genesis
C-section! ;) I'd still do it! :D

Some genetic girls do have small hips as some genitic males and transwomen have larger than average hips :)

In addition the whole blood vessel/nerve connection issue can potentially be resolved with the tissue engineering stuff they're working on now. They just start up the process by creating an environment that promotes growth and proliferation, and the cells do the rest of the rest on their own. As seen with the rabbit penis. Nerves and everything regenerated and reattached to the rabbits.

B)

Guest DeniseNM

I would gladly take the ability to bear children with everything that goes with it. I understand it wouldn't be easy (in fact down right unpleasant at times) but would still gladly do it.

Denise

Guest thisismylife

i think being able to bear children is the only thing that rises above being completely (otherwise) female. i would in a second, even if it was the most painful thing ever.

Guest thisismylife

i think being able to bear children is the only thing that rises above being completely (otherwise) female. i would in a second, even if it was the most painful thing ever.

Guest CellaBoo09

This is the #1 Issue that stomps directly on my heart. I can't count how many time's I'v stayed up crying at night just knowing the fact that I can never be pregnant, that I will never be able to give the man im with a Son like he wants and that I will never be able to naturally have the daughter I want or that I can't give my mother the grandkids that she will some day want. It all kills me. While adoption, artificial Insemination and all that other stuff is available it's simply not the same, my bf thinks that eventually I'll be able to have a babii and I havent mustered up the strength to break it to him because im afraid of what will happen. And although there are possibilities where sometime in the future it will be possible, the Conservatives of America have a gigantic problem allowing gay marriage, Imagine the fight they will put to this. And while there have been rumours of male pregnancy as follows:

http://www.malepregnancy.com/

Even was confirmed by CNN, the site has been up forever and no update anything, it can only be considered a hoax. And shame on the people behind that. My only hope is that one day before i get to old this option is available to me because it's what I want most in the world and id rather die trying then not try at all~~

Guest michelle79
Reading a book by Germaine Greer (she really really really doesn't like us) where one of her slams was that no "Man made woman " has ever asked to have a uterus and bear children. My reation was - hey if it was availalbe I'd sign up to be the first! That got me thinking - first - virtually every other organ in the body can be transplanted - why not a uterus - or for that matter - the entire works? That then got me to thinking - am I the only one? - is Germaine essentially correct and there really is no interest. So A little pole - who amongts the mtf crowd would sign up for such a transplant and just for equal time - Why couldn't male testes, scrotum and penius be transplanted.

Looking forward to your comments

I would do it in a heartbeat. I've always wanted to experiance a pregnancy and giving birth to my own child to raise and love.

Guest Emily.SoCal

I'm up in the air on whether or not I want SRS, but the more I think about that, part of my misgivings are because it wouldn't be a complete transformation. I think I would be more likely to get SRS if it were though. And a big reason is that, yes, I would like to bear children. I don't think I'm mature enough for it right now, but still, there's this instinct there to bring life into the world and nurture it in a way I've never known males to have.

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

I would love to be pregnant!

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has come up yet, but last I read, it's quite possible for born-males to be pregnant right now, but none of the ways are considered safe enough to do yet. I think we'll see a pregnant man or MTF within the next decade or two.

Here's a webpage on the topic:

http://secondtype.com/pregnant.htm