• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Uterus Transplant

Guest Michele H

Guest Sashel Trace

I think personally I would like to have a child, but not in my body...

It would be nice to have a bubble right beside me and just like...have the child grow in there. Just protect the bubble with your life.

Also, would be easier to see how its doing...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• MaryEllen

• jessica_282

• Cyndee

Guest Jo-I-Dunno
I think personally I would like to have a child, but not in my body...

It would be nice to have a bubble right beside me and just like...have the child grow in there. Just protect the bubble with your life.

Also, would be easier to see how its doing...

That's... kinda creepy. But hey, who am I to judge bubble baby?

I thought about all this stuff a little bit more, and I realized I want to be pregnant, but I don't want to give birth or take care of a baby. Like, I want to go through pregnancy but then one day, just sort of deflate. Maybe I should become a biologist and come up with a way to do this...

What's creepier: bubble baby or pregnant no-baby?

Guest Little Sara

I'd get a uterus if only to be complete, and ovaries, then I'd have a complete female endocrine system and be that much less harshly treating my liver and risking other diseases.

Even if I probably don't want to bear a child, if only in the immediate future (who knows about later).

From the guy's perspective...I would give so much for a real, working penis.

They should develop a way for trans guys and gals to switch, then someone can have my uterus and whatnot and I can have their penis. Would be even better if they could work it out so the receiver's genes could somehow be in the sperm and eggs. I know it's wishful thinking....but still. Would be amazing.

Plus if they did that there'd be a lower surgery for guys that isn't made of so much fail. I'd do it asap.

Guest Jo-I-Dunno
From the guy's perspective...I would give so much for a real, working penis.

They should develop a way for trans guys and gals to switch, then someone can have my uterus and whatnot and I can have their penis. Would be even better if they could work it out so the receiver's genes could somehow be in the sperm and eggs. I know it's wishful thinking....but still. Would be amazing.

Plus if they did that there'd be a lower surgery for guys that isn't made of so much fail. I'd do it asap.

I've thought about a switch-a-roo too. I'd gladly give my penis for your stuff, so long as it wasn't excuciatingly painful. Science aside, it'd be weird to have two people feel so debted to eachother. Maybe a brain transplant would be easier!

There are several ways to create an egg with a genetic male's DNA, and it's supposidly been done, but no one's gone as far as fertilizing it because of the moral implications.

Guest thisismylife

I've thought about a switch-a-roo too. I'd gladly give my penis for your stuff, so long as it wasn't excuciatingly painful.

Even if it was the most painful thing EVER i would do a swap if it meant i could have a baby.

Guest Naomi Stardust

the switch sounds good

no matter how painful

i've been thinking about this post for a while...

and

yes yes yes

i'd want to be able to have a baby

but i'm no where near ready for it no matter how i got it

(i can barely take care of myself if at all, a baby too!?!?!? no...)

but i'd like to be pregnant

periods may suck, but they'd be a small price to pay

ooo genetic engineering!

that has potential!

Guest Christy.dancer

I actually had a dream the other night that I was nursing a child. I think it was stimulated by the Selma Hayak news report that she was in Africa and nursed another woman's child because the baby was hungry and the woman didn't have enough milk.

I don't have any particular visions of being preggars -- and if I COULD get preggars, watching the movie "Juno" is a great birth control device for h/s students. But, somedays I could really imagine having a baby. I get snippits of day-dreams of a real life in the future, after SRS, when I've settled down in a fairly traditional household, where no one knows I used to be a boy... then maybe adopting.

Guest My_Genesis

Gotta agree with Zack, if I could like die in surgery and be resurrected with a real working penis, I'd do it in an instant. Weird as that sounds lol. I feel like it's necessary to get the physical satisfaction my mind is craving that I can't do anything about at the moment :blush: lol. As stupid a reason as that may seem, it's taking over all my other reasons in terms of importance...I think it's worse to deal with certain overpowering thoughts that characterize the male brain when you don't have the male body to match it :rolleyes:

I don't know if a literal switching would be practical, but I do think it's certainly a possibility that we have a genetic predisposition to develop the body parts we want from our own genetic makeup :)

It would be one of my three wishes if I were to walk outside and trip over a magic lamp, I'm sure:

To become pregnant by a loving and supporting man and to nuture that child full term with successful delivery as a

genetic girl.

What a wonderful little dream.

• 2 months later...
Guest Victoriaf

I would give anything to be able to bare my own child. If they come up with a way to do this i will be standing in line.

Victoria

Guest Melanieshaman

I have no desire to bear children... I have no desire to father children... my wife and i discussed having a child many moons ago, but due to her health issues it would never be possible. We have decided that it's for the best as we are way to selfish! LMAO... and not to get off on a tangent, but in this day and age, in the world we live in, with all the intolerance and hatred, and war, and the Bush family still in politics (:P) i wouldn't want to bring a life into the world.

Guest Soph

I would not hesitate to get such a transplant. When I was in the hospital I was sitting in a cafeteria with some girls I had met there and they were talking about their children and pregnancies, and since then its been something that has always gotten me very upset. Its a poignant reminder that I was not born as I should have been. I don't think that I will ever have that special mother/child bond that is so powerful, and thats enough to almost make me cry (which takes a LOT).

Guest Sarah Faith
I must say yes...given the ability to have children would absolutly be incredible!! I would do it in a heartbeat. That would be the ultimate part of being female and I can't think of anything more satisfying... of course this is'nt going to happen anytime soon, so I must just dream and fill my head with good thoughts of what I can do and not what I can not.......But, my answer is "Yes"

Peace

Donna Jean

Actually, this might be happening a lot sooner than many of you think. Being a Microbiology & Genetics Major, I read a lot of medical journals and spend a lot of my time reading on the latest research. The current theory is that its likely possible already with current fertilization and bleeding edge anti-rejection drugs. The uterus would only need to be transplanted temporarily for the child to be carried to term, unfortunately there lies the problem in that there aren't an infinite amount of organs to go around just yet. Fortunately this is also likely to change within the next 10 or so years, They are already growing organs in labs from a patients DNA with the hope of creating an infinite supply of organs. Just this year in fact one lab had created heart tissue that beats on its own, also back in January I believe one lab in Japan I believe had reversed the differentiation of skin cells and turned them into basically embryonic stem cells (which is a huge step towards growing organs for patients).

To create a uterus with your own DNA sequencing would allow them to implant one on a long term basis, with out the need for a donor organ, or anti-rejection drugs. Obviously it wont happen overnight but biomedical science is a lot further along then most know! :) I am 99% sure that this will be available within my life time.. and I am fairly confident that it will become available within the next 10 years maybe sooner. Really organs are pretty easy to grow from all indications, its actually joints that are MUCH more difficult.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest My_Genesis
Actually, this might be happening a lot sooner than many of you think. Being a Microbiology & Genetics Major, I read a lot of medical journals and spend a lot of my time reading on the latest research. The current theory is that its likely possible already with current fertilization and bleeding edge anti-rejection drugs. The uterus would only need to be transplanted temporarily for the child to be carried to term, unfortunately there lies the problem in that there aren't an infinite amount of organs to go around just yet. Fortunately this is also likely to change within the next 10 or so years, They are already growing organs in labs from a patients DNA with the hope of creating an infinite supply of organs. Just this year in fact one lab had created heart tissue that beats on its own, also back in January I believe one lab in Japan I believe had reversed the differentiation of skin cells and turned them into basically embryonic stem cells (which is a huge step towards growing organs for patients).

To create a uterus with your own DNA sequencing would allow them to implant one on a long term basis, with out the need for a donor organ, or anti-rejection drugs. Obviously it wont happen overnight but biomedical science is a lot further along then most know! :) I am 99% sure that this will be available within my life time.. and I am fairly confident that it will become available within the next 10 years maybe sooner. Really organs are pretty easy to grow from all indications, its actually joints that are MUCH more difficult.

lol, is "cutting edge" censored to bleeding edge? :scratches head:

thanks for this post, you made me feel a little more optimistic about it all. right now im also a bio major..im considering switching to bioinformatics just because im such a sucker for all things technology and it's under the computer science dept...but i feel like id miss bio too much if i did. plus i wanna go into research so i can see all this stuff happening for myself :D

have you seen the video on Wired Science about the guy who used this powder as a matrix to regrow the missing half of one of his fingers?!

Guest angie
Reading a book by Germaine Greer (she really really really doesn't like us) where one of her slams was that no "Man made woman " has ever asked to have a uterus and bear children. My reation was - hey if it was availalbe I'd sign up to be the first! That got me thinking - first - virtually every other organ in the body can be transplanted - why not a uterus - or for that matter - the entire works? That then got me to thinking - am I the only one? - is Germaine essentially correct and there really is no interest. So A little pole - who amongts the mtf crowd would sign up for such a transplant and just for equal time - Why couldn't male testes, scrotum and penius be transplanted.

Looking forward to your comments

If not for my age,YES.I would Love to carry my child.To get to nurse and love and raise her.Be the mother I wish I had had the chance to be.I have thought about this many times since my ex had our first baby.Oh to have had the pleasure of being my little girl's mommy.(sigh)

Angie

Guest 1charlotte1

I have been dreaming of that since I was seven! Well, not that exactly... But I wanted to have a baby! I would sign up for that despite the risk, wouldn't even have to think!!

Maybe in the future, Charlotte *hopeful sigh*

Guest Emily_MI

I would do it in a Heartbeat without even thinking twice about it, to feel a life growing inside you and giving birth is something so incredible and life changing, of course I would not want the stretch marks afterwards though! :P

Guest Jeannine Bean

I've dreamed a lot about being pregnant. I've also dreamed about breast feeding and caring for my cat. I lost two relationships because I said I didn't think I could stand to have children and not carry them myself...

So yea, if the technology were available put me in the category of people who would crawl over broken glass for it.

And Germaine Greer is one of those second wave seventies feminists... a little behind the times!

I prefer someone like Susan Faludi, who apparently takes feminism as a way to free every human from social bondage of gender roles. Naomi Wolf is pretty cool in that respect too (even if she's a bit slipshod in her factuality).

--Jeannine

Guest ashley4623

I always have dreams that I'm pregnant. I would like to be able to do that, but where would the uterus come from? I guess I'd have to know the answer to that before I could decide. But theoretically, yes I would.

Guest shimmeringkristal

First of all if it was possible it would be the answer to all those shots, pills, and patches. Second off I for one would would have had it done as soon as physicaly possible like at the age of just born!?! I have no other feeling for all of those that are so ignorant that they can't even see how their gender and racial biased sayings hurt all of us but pitty. As Mr. T was famed for saying "I pitty the fool". And that as they say is that.

Kristal

Guest julia_d

Not interested.. I'm really not keen on children. Maybe I'm tainted by my experiences of being a child.. I didn't like kids then either... or adults.. or anybody :)

Guest Valerie

Ever since i was a little girl, i always played with dolls and nurtured them like a mother. Its the only thing i regret transitioning. I have a profound motherly instinct in me, and i would like nothing more than to bear children

Violet