• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Killer Thread

Guest kelise

• Forum Moderator

I don't what brought me to bring this dead one back to life. It may have been because i survived a curse put on me over a year ago when i revived it then. A goof isn't worth killing over. instead it can stagger through it's own graveyard. Oh that's right i did have a heart attack. Mmmmmm second thoughts?

Hugs,

Charlize

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• JJ

• Cyndee

• Charlize

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, It's dead serious. Warily looking over shoulders for zombies. ..

I'm pretty close to being ready for the zombie apocalypse. Weaponry and rations. Need more though. Always need more :) ...

• 2 months later...
Guest Christina200

I gave up on a forum in the UK where I was posting something new virtually every day with hardly any repiles but with upwards of 100 views!

I had written a post over a number of weeks about me coming out at work. I then posted a couple of photos of me at work taken by my gorgeous colleague Lauren. I was hoping some people would say I looked nice or at least thank me for posting the photos - I had one nice reply from a friend of mine on the forum and that was it. Loads of people viewed it but no one wanted to comment. Not very supportive and I was actually quite upset. I ended up loosing my cool, let everyone know what I thought of the forum in general - not favourable! - and said I wouldn't post on there again.

Chrissy x

Sometimes, a thread here may stay dormant for months, or even years. In the General Forum, there are a lot of threads, so there is a greater likelihood of a thread not getting a lot of replies. At the other end, there have been threads that after group review, the decision is made to pin it so it won't scroll off the front page of that particular thread.

Chrissy, I am sorry that you did not have any response to your post on the other site. Usually, there are usually several responses to most threads here. I hope you are finding friends and a supportive home here.

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Christina200

Hi Opal,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yeah I've had some fun on this site with the posts I've put up and also on other people's too. People have been very supportive which is great and what it's all about. Just have to work around the time zone differences!

Chrissy x

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad you are enjoying this mostly "yank" place. I have dear friends on your side of the pond who as older men find my transition beyond belief. They will admit certain traits to me that they feel they cannot express at home. I'm always glad to see members from all over. It makes me fantasize about traveling. Now that my passport matches my identity i'd love to give it a workout and do some travels with Charlize on the other side of the pond.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Christina200

Hey Charlize,

We can always do a swop! I fancy visiting the States some time. Seriously if you do come to the UK it would be nice to meet for a meal or drink.

Chrissy x

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

It may have had it's toes in the sand over the summer,

1541 replies later the killer thread lives again :harhar:

• Forum Moderator

I remember when witch craft threatened this thread.

Long live the thread; long may our fingers wave over the keys.

Hugs,

Charlize

I have a confession to make. I kill threads. I'm so sorry. mellow.gif

I don't know why, but it seems anytime I write a post that I'm REALLY proud of, and can't wait to hear response and opinion about it, my post just ends up ending the thread. sad.gif

Am I that blatant or shocking that people don't know what to say to me? I want feedback people!!LOL laugh.gif

What an amazing thread...78 pages long. From what I can gather, after perusing a number of the pages, is that an awful lot of folks perceive themselves to be thread killers. What about some numbers here folks? A simple percentage. For those of us who aren't mathematically literate... :unsure: ...divide the # of one's posts which haven't had a reply by the total # of one's posts...then move the decimal place over a couple of places to the right).

Nothing like the hard light of empirical data to evaporate the fog of sujective impressions. [Course, the tricky part is in interpreting the data (i.e., what does having the highest thread kill mean). :banghead:

[P.S. My own percentage, at this moment in time & excluding this post, is 36.36%.]

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

OMG, there is a mistletoe necklace hanging around the zombie's neck.

Kiss the Zombie...

So is this one of those threads that never die?

Edu, you live in Andorra? I've always wanted to visit there!

So is this one of those threads that never die?

Yes, it is :P

Edu, you live in Andorra? I've always wanted to visit there!

Actually, I don't, but close enough :P I shared some time ago my concerns about having the Spanish flag displaying besides each of my posts. Rather than repeating myself, here is the link to the original post: http://forum.lauras-playground.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65445.

And, BTW, thanks for asking: that made me realize I didn't update my location when I moved last October :P

For me it was one of those things I ran into as a kid, and thought--they never mentioned it in school so it was one of those interesting places my formal education forgot to mention. Hence I've always wanted to visit, even if I don't ski!

Yes--christmas just came early for me. I just came into a small fortune and bought myself a wardrobe--I think I have enough of a start for when I go full time (10 top, 5 pants, 5 skirts, 3 Jacket/Skirt combos, and two evening dresses). This is in addition to the clothes I already had!! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 109 Guests (See full list)

• MAN8791
    • Betty K
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Ivy
    • Ashley0616
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Vivelacors
    Newest Member
    Vivelacors

1. Aelia
      Aelia
      (22 years old)
    2. Just-Jenny-finally
      Just-Jenny-finally
      (65 years old)
    3. KelcieK
      KelcieK
      (50 years old)
    4. Krimson Kya
      Krimson Kya
      (35 years old)
    5. Robin
      Robin
      (56 years old)
    • Willow
      Wow what a busy day today.  Clearly the summer crowd is coming into town.  Doesn’t hurt that we have a PGA event here.  It is limited to 100 players. But the spectators is where the crowd is.   i alone more than doubled my usual sales.     we keep hearing thunderstorms however they are staying just west of us for now. The storms in western Tennessee right now are supposed to be here in the morning.    
    • Vidanjali
      Edit: Latest album is called "Drumless". My bad. The name of their tour is Drummer.
    • Vidanjali
      My gen z cousin & her gf were visiting the last few days. We are a very, very small contingent of queer members of our family & we stick together. She and her gf introduced me to G Flip. They recently attended a concert and said it was the best concert ever. They were playing G Flip in the car and I was impressed by the vocals, the lyrics, the influences, and the percussion (G is also a drummer). I love a nonbinary vocalist (not that we get to hear so many...yet...) because the freedom from gender performance shines forth. I could hear influences from many styles of music I loved in the 90s, but all blended together in a joyfully percussive way. G Flip is rad! I would post a link to some tracks or an album, but there are explicit lyrics which would go against community rules - you can easily search youtube yourself if you're interested; their latest album is called "Drummer". But here is a picture of G who is serving us gorgeous nonbinary vintage Axl Rose!
    • Vidanjali
      Welcome, @MAN8791. I relate to this so much. I'm roughly the same age as you, afab & nonbinary. For decades, I beat myself up for being a "broken" girl/woman. And I tried my darndest for many of those years to perform woman successfully. While outwardly I may have seemed "a success", inwardly the effort and dysphoria caused me so much anxiety, panic, and depression that it eventually became unsustainable. For me, the first step was letting go of identifying as "broken". Next, I allowed myself to be however I am. And very rapidly I felt better - in fact, initially I felt ecstatic. The door was open for me to really learn about self-love and therefore love itself. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, the counter space in the kitchenette is pretty Limited. But also cost, and usefulness. I guess she is mostly right, and it isn't really important.
    • Vidanjali
      "The Health and Human Services Grants Regulation (HHS Grants Rule) Final Rule protects LGBTQI+ people by clarifying and reaffirming the prohibition on discrimination on the basis of sex – including sexual orientation and gender identity – in specific health and human services programs, consistent with the Supreme Court decision in Bostock v. Clayton County, 590 U.S. 644 (2020)."   https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2024/04/30/hhs-issues-final-rule-prevent-discrimination-health-and-human-services-grant.html
    • Vidanjali
      Wasn't sure whether to post this in the "uplifting news" or "news" forum. This bill is pro-LGBTQ+, albeit 30 some odd years too late with 100s of thousands of lives lost throughout the AIDS crisis. The upshot is that ol' Ron has actually done some good for the community. That's really...something...although I doubt he sees it that way. And most importantly, greater access to screening and care will save many lives.   https://ncpa.org/newsroom/qam/2024/05/01/floridas-governor-signs-bill-expand-hiv-care  
    • Vidanjali
      "The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) updated the federal workplace guidelines after a quarter of a century to protect pronouns, bathrooms and abortion."   https://thehill.com/business/4631184-updated-federal-workplace-eeoc-guidelines-protect-pronouns-bathrooms-abortion/    
    • MAN8791
      Both of my parents were raised in WASP-ish families. What was or wasn't appropriate, with an emphasise on superficial appropriateness (conformity) was verbally beaten into me the second I hit puberty.   Which is really sad as I think back, and was bewildering at the time. I remember being really free to be expressive how I wanted to and then once I started puberty, all of that freedom disappeared and I didn't understand, at all.
    • MAN8791
      I'm doing "beans and rice" for dinner tonight, but it's Punjabi style red bean curry and saffron rice, and I always have an appetizer tray of cut vegetables and dip (seasoned yogurt to go with the theme) on the table.  Might grab a package of naan from the store on the way home, or just make a pan of very american biscuits to go with.
    • MAN8791
      I'm volunteering both days of our Pride Festival (signing other volunteers in, lol).    Taking my two younger kids (oldest is way too cool for school, lol) to a family friendly pride festival, and then turning them loose at the city wide event while I listen to music. They're old enough to experiment with independence and the festival is in a controlled enough space they can feel like they're getting away from me without being *that* far away. My middle is newly out as LGBTQ+ and has been practicing their makeup look for a couple weeks already (age 14) <3 
    • Ashley0616
      Well today was mostly sleeping so far. I woke up at around 0600 and made sure my oldest was ready for school. I came back down on the computer chair and next thing I knew it was 0953. I went through speech therapy for myself. Next thing I realize it's 1300 and apparently went to sleep again. I knew I slept last night but whew apparently not enough. 
    • MAN8791
      Jeans, grey henley, heathered grey blazer with elbow patches, split sole jazz sneakers. Blazer is one of my favorite wardrobe pieces and it's warm but super windy today so perfect sort of day for it 
    • MAN8791
      Fragile is my word of the day. More intense dysphoria than my baseline normal, feeling emotionally on edge. Also ignoring a piece of therapy homework that's actually going to be beautiful when it's done (I'm doing an art piece exploring emotions around the name I was given at birth).
    • MAN8791
      Got accosted in a grocery store parking lot this morning by someone out on a petition drive (in my state, citizens can gather petition signatures to advance ballot measures; I'm always a little cautious about encountering petition drives "in the wild" because unless it's an issue that's been talked about *a lot* it can also be used as a way to just gather voter information).   ANYWAY, the person with the clipboard is presumable cis male and aggressive and I'm AFAB, genderfluid, dressed pretty androgenously this morning and this guy hollars across the parking lot asking "young lady" if I'm a registered voter.   Informed him I'm neither young nor a lady (guy was at least a decade younger than me, maybe more) and wasn't interested in the petition anyway.   "Oh, so I guess you're just offended then."   "YEP!"  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.