• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Killer Thread

Guest kelise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• JJ

• Cyndee

• Charlize

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Coffee and tears, I did not sleep much last night, prayers for my sister and her family. Wishing others a good morning from the dark left coast.

It's just not the same anymore without her.

OMG I decide to finally have a look through this immortal thread and the first thing I read on the last page is about coffee. I think I love you. XD

Hazelnut latte for me please. Or perhaps an Earl Grey with a dash of milk.

Also, best wishes Cynthia Rae, hope you're OK~

• Forum Moderator

Thanks Remus for thinking of me here, it was nice to see this message this morning :)

Sipping coffee and reflecting on good times past, our good friend and sister in a better place.

Hugs

Cynthia -

A cup of dark Colombian, a squirt of Hershey's dark chocolate, a spoon full of Karo and a drip of Brer Rabbit molasses, stir in the milk and I will be fine. I can't keep the tears from welling up though, her wanting to reunite her family tugs at me so. I wish it had been a much better, long lasting homecoming.... I'm gald my make-up is still on the shelf today. Smile, can't giggle.

Guest MsPerseveres

Some more wonderful times, meeting transwomen in my community, making friends, being out fully dressed and loving it, getting ready for a TG Xmas party, with my first dress... Living this is become really real... :-).

Love and hugs, Tami

Guest Melissa~

Midnight thoughts, and I haven't bumped this thread in a while...

I went to my usual Taco Bell, I am a regular there(average of 2x a week.) They didn't recognize me en fem, even though I have disclosed to employees my future name change. The way I have been working it is going en fem to an alternate location, and in work uniform to my normal place. Because of my work situation I had been avoiding running into other employees by going to the alternative location. Hmm. Order up for: Melissa.

In other things, I was read at a laundromat yesterday, a busy one. I was there doing my thing, reading 'The Hobbit' before the movie gets released while the machines did their best impression jumbling my clothes. A ~nine year old kid comes up and wants to play cards, a kids game "war" or poker. His parents read me in a flash and said "leave him alone." But the kid was already dealing, the parents let it slide, apparently deciding I'm harmless after all. Who knows good impressions might spread. There was no decisive winner when my clothes were done, his mom took over my hand of cards as I departed.

Karen

They trained them well at the Buchenwald Gestapo agency for physical torture. The bigger they grow, the more they enjoy working you over :D A bag of ice perhaps? Kathryn

• Forum Moderator

The nurse practitioner at Dr. McGinn's office gave me a lesson on self examination and the need for getting them flattened before i started HRT. Didn't stop me.

Not quite there yet - not one of the 'perks' that I have been looking forward to - but it is definitely a sign of being a woman.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Gregg Jameson

I just love this community! :wub:

Such love, so much freedom, so much acceptance.

Just sharing amongst like-hearted, freely.

I used to identify with rigidity, so much so that, after career testing in my freshman year of college, the testing results had identified the number one career for which I was suited: Military Officer.

Nothing against anyone in the military, nothing against officers of any type, I hold tremendous respect for people serving in these capacities! Seriously so. Again, many thanks to any/all serving in any capacity, whether in the military, law enforcement, etc. You have my utmost respect and appreciation. Truly!

Yet, it just is not who I am, or even who I was at that time. This was a reflection of my attempt at exerting control (over myself) because I was frightening myself with my real thoughts, my real feelings, my real experiences, my real desires, etc. Anytime I had dared to deviate, even a little, from what was expected from me, I was quickly surrounded and was told how wrong I was, how mistaken I was, how bad I was, how I was going straight to hell and taking others with me (causing others to stray).

So many aspects of the truest version of myself have simply not been acceptable, are even taboo or considered somehow "evil," to my family of origin. This saddens me deeply. There is so much of what I do and of who I am that I really cannot share with them. What little I have shared has caused such an ever widening gap between us. My closest friends, my "chosen family" are people I have met while being more and more of who I am. I am so grateful our paths have crossed and we can share openly, we can show support for one another's growth in all areas of life.

It's healing to feel people so very connected and so very loving toward one another here at Laura's. :D

It hurts, deeply, to lose someone from our like-hearted families (or our "posses"). These individuals are so incredibly special to us!

Yet, it's also a gift that we have a place to share this grief, too, where others understand the depth of our love for our closest friends/allies ("our chosen families") and fully appreciate the significance of our loss(es).

Healing takes time. Keep on sharing... for as long as it takes. :friends:

I remain hopeful for complete healing for each of us. :)

With Lots of Love to All,

Brad

• Forum Moderator

Hugs Brad, we can express things here not many understand. Being yourself is all

Cindy -

Guest Gregg Jameson

Hi Cindy,

Thanks so much!

Hugs backatcha! :friends:

Oh, yes! 12/12/12 it is!

I feel no impending doom! :huh:

ALL seems perfect, just as it is, within each moment today.

This may reflect the depth of my ignorance... or the severity of my denial?

Or maybe I simply choose to inhabit a reality of a very different persuasion.

Today, I feel immense heart expansion! :wub:

May ALL feel surrounded by Love,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Oh no, I see another Zombie, and it's pushing over all the old Xmas trees at the store that nobody wanted