• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Killer Thread

Guest kelise

• Forum Moderator

I don't what brought me to bring this dead one back to life. It may have been because i survived a curse put on me over a year ago when i revived it then. A goof isn't worth killing over. instead it can stagger through it's own graveyard. Oh that's right i did have a heart attack. Mmmmmm second thoughts?

Hugs,

Charlize

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• JJ

• Cyndee

• Charlize

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, It's dead serious. Warily looking over shoulders for zombies. ..

I'm pretty close to being ready for the zombie apocalypse. Weaponry and rations. Need more though. Always need more :) ...

• 2 months later...
Guest Christina200

I gave up on a forum in the UK where I was posting something new virtually every day with hardly any repiles but with upwards of 100 views!

I had written a post over a number of weeks about me coming out at work. I then posted a couple of photos of me at work taken by my gorgeous colleague Lauren. I was hoping some people would say I looked nice or at least thank me for posting the photos - I had one nice reply from a friend of mine on the forum and that was it. Loads of people viewed it but no one wanted to comment. Not very supportive and I was actually quite upset. I ended up loosing my cool, let everyone know what I thought of the forum in general - not favourable! - and said I wouldn't post on there again.

Chrissy x

Sometimes, a thread here may stay dormant for months, or even years. In the General Forum, there are a lot of threads, so there is a greater likelihood of a thread not getting a lot of replies. At the other end, there have been threads that after group review, the decision is made to pin it so it won't scroll off the front page of that particular thread.

Chrissy, I am sorry that you did not have any response to your post on the other site. Usually, there are usually several responses to most threads here. I hope you are finding friends and a supportive home here.

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Christina200

Hi Opal,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yeah I've had some fun on this site with the posts I've put up and also on other people's too. People have been very supportive which is great and what it's all about. Just have to work around the time zone differences!

Chrissy x

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad you are enjoying this mostly "yank" place. I have dear friends on your side of the pond who as older men find my transition beyond belief. They will admit certain traits to me that they feel they cannot express at home. I'm always glad to see members from all over. It makes me fantasize about traveling. Now that my passport matches my identity i'd love to give it a workout and do some travels with Charlize on the other side of the pond.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Christina200

Hey Charlize,

We can always do a swop! I fancy visiting the States some time. Seriously if you do come to the UK it would be nice to meet for a meal or drink.

Chrissy x

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

It may have had it's toes in the sand over the summer,

1541 replies later the killer thread lives again :harhar:

• Forum Moderator

I remember when witch craft threatened this thread.

Long live the thread; long may our fingers wave over the keys.

Hugs,

Charlize

I have a confession to make. I kill threads. I'm so sorry. mellow.gif

I don't know why, but it seems anytime I write a post that I'm REALLY proud of, and can't wait to hear response and opinion about it, my post just ends up ending the thread. sad.gif

Am I that blatant or shocking that people don't know what to say to me? I want feedback people!!LOL laugh.gif

What an amazing thread...78 pages long. From what I can gather, after perusing a number of the pages, is that an awful lot of folks perceive themselves to be thread killers. What about some numbers here folks? A simple percentage. For those of us who aren't mathematically literate... :unsure: ...divide the # of one's posts which haven't had a reply by the total # of one's posts...then move the decimal place over a couple of places to the right).

Nothing like the hard light of empirical data to evaporate the fog of sujective impressions. [Course, the tricky part is in interpreting the data (i.e., what does having the highest thread kill mean). :banghead:

[P.S. My own percentage, at this moment in time & excluding this post, is 36.36%.]

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

OMG, there is a mistletoe necklace hanging around the zombie's neck.

Kiss the Zombie...

So is this one of those threads that never die?

Edu, you live in Andorra? I've always wanted to visit there!

So is this one of those threads that never die?

Yes, it is :P

Edu, you live in Andorra? I've always wanted to visit there!

Actually, I don't, but close enough :P I shared some time ago my concerns about having the Spanish flag displaying besides each of my posts. Rather than repeating myself, here is the link to the original post: http://forum.lauras-playground.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65445.

And, BTW, thanks for asking: that made me realize I didn't update my location when I moved last October :P

For me it was one of those things I ran into as a kid, and thought--they never mentioned it in school so it was one of those interesting places my formal education forgot to mention. Hence I've always wanted to visit, even if I don't ski!

Yes--christmas just came early for me. I just came into a small fortune and bought myself a wardrobe--I think I have enough of a start for when I go full time (10 top, 5 pants, 5 skirts, 3 Jacket/Skirt combos, and two evening dresses). This is in addition to the clothes I already had!! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 143 Guests (See full list)

• Mirrabooka
    • Maddee
    • KathyLauren
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Adrianna Danielle
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Vivelacors
    Newest Member
    Vivelacors

1. Aelia
      Aelia
      (22 years old)
    2. Just-Jenny-finally
      Just-Jenny-finally
      (65 years old)
    3. KelcieK
      KelcieK
      (50 years old)
    4. Krimson Kya
      Krimson Kya
      (35 years old)
    5. Robin
      Robin
      (56 years old)
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Green tea and a granola bar this morning (haven't eaten it yet tho)   6 mins into the school day and I wanna go home, I am not feeling it today lol
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Yeah, there's a lot of guys 5'8"+ over here ^^' Nice to know it wouldn't be an issue elsewhere tho   Hands are surprisingly gendered lol
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Been a good morning so far.Another ex GF and I did meet up last night.She has not see me since 1997.It was a little shock for her to see I changed at first.Good thing is she has accepted knowing I live a much happier life.Said she saw I was hurting inside.
    • MirandaB
      If I'm doing something where I interact with people for any length of time I usually do something with my eyes (mascara, brow fill-in and taming). Bigger events I'll do some makeup but always try to be as subtle as I can, plus I think my freckles make me seem younger to people. I know it's too much when my brain suddenly thinks "clown!"    
    • Heather Shay
    • Willow
      Good morning    wow, this is what 6 AM looks like not looking out the windows at work. Interesting week of start times 7,8,7,7,4.  ASM is off most of the week.     No coffee this morning, at least not until I get to work.  I’m going to see if no coffee makes a difference in how I feel today, I’ve head a headache for several days now, nothing has helped.  I do realize that stopping coffee cold turkey can bring on caffeine withdrawal headaches so I expect today to be no better.  But I’m hoping for tomorrow.  Today is just to see what if any affect it has on my throat.    time to fix my hair and walk the dog before I motor across the road.  Cherri o .   keep a stiff upper lip and all that stuff.  (Sorry, nothing the least bit funny coming to mind this morning, you’ll have to entertain yourself today}
    • Heather Shay
      What do you think is the biggest block to LGBTQ+ acceptance?
    • Heather Shay
      Nice Sunday, several new LGBTQ+ friends.
    • Heather Shay
      DON’T ADD JUDGEMENT TO YOUR FEELINGS by Olga Lacroix | Anxiety relief, Happiness, Mindfulness I’m sitting here drinking my favorite coffee, and as I enjoy this moment I cannot wait to share with you the thoughts that are in my head.  Recently, I have talked about how circumstances don’t determine your future. And somewhere along the line, I wanted to explore a little bit more about our thought process. How we discourage ourselves so often from our goals and from the things that we want, because we have beliefs that go against what we want. In this episode, I want to talk about how it’s important for us to learn not to judge our feelings. Aside from being a Life Coach, I’m also a Certified Mindfulness Instructor. And non-judgement is one of the learnings that I enjoy understanding, applying, and teaching. WHY BEING JUDGEMENTAL IS HARMFUL Sometimes it’s so difficult to be non-judgmental, especially if it’s coming from a bad experience or emotions. For example, a client of mine just had a pregnancy loss and a part of her coping mechanism is to hate or be indifferent to people who have babies.  It’s her way of processing the grief and protecting herself from anger and sadness. And recently someone close to her had a baby. She wanted to feel excited for that person but somehow her bad experience was holding her back. Like her, a lot of people cope this way. Some people try to hide their feelings and emotions just because they’ve already judged them as maybe improper or inappropriate emotions. And what happens is, those emotions stay inside them longer, they don’t get to process their emotions, and it becomes more painful. HOW NOT TO BE JUDGEMENTAL When we judge our feelings as bad, our natural response is to avoid it. We go through crazy lengths just to avoid the feeling, but by avoiding it we’re actually growing it. So what do we do? Do not judge the emotion, allow yourself to feel the negative emotions. Don’t mask it, instead embrace it.  DON’T IDENTIFY WITH YOUR EMOTIONS For someone like me who experienced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD, a common side effect is anxiety. I have learned that the more I try to repel the anxious thoughts, the stronger they feel in my body, and the longer they stay. But when I’m courageous enough, and I say to the feeling, I’m not gonna judge you for existing, you’re just a feeling. I tell myself something neutral. There is anxiety, not I am anxious. Separate yourself from the feeling. The feeling is not you and it’s just temporary. FINDING THE BALANCE Now when the feeling is good and positive, we jump into attachment, wanting that feeling to linger longer and even forever. But according to Buddha, that’s when the suffering begins, when you want to make something last forever, and when you’re not ready to understand and accept the impermanence of emotions. Find the balance in your emotions. Learn to separate yourself from the emotion. Feel the emotions whether they’re good or bad, but don’t dwell in it. It’s an emotion that we need to feel, process, and eventually let go. Through this, we will achieve a healthier mind. STEPS TO FREE YOURSELF FROM JUDGEMENT The first step is awareness. Being aware of the emotion and how you have judged it. This step will allow you to think of the next step to free yourself from judgement. Step two is processing your emotion in neutrality. Go to a quiet place, close your eyes, and meditate. Bring all of your senses, all of your awareness to the feeling. Give it attention and wait for it to dissipate.  The last step is to pay attention to the lesson. Become curious and think about what this emotion is teaching you, what wisdom can you take from it. Be an observer of your emotions. You need to react, you need to fix them, change them, modify them, you just need to notice them. And then you need to open the space, let them be felt. These are moments of growth, these are moments of transformation. And most importantly, these are moments where we allow the emotion to be processed. Reset Your Mindset is opening in January of 2022. A program that helps you with making decisions, set clear boundaries without drama or guilt. Stop the hamster wheel that keeps you in overthinking mode, switching off the mean inner voice and switching on confidence and compassion instead. Reset your mindset and discover your true self. Click here to know more! Bonus: I’m also giving participants lifetime access to Detox The Mind online course. A course that emphasizes on helping you create new neurological connections so that you have a happier mind and healthier habits. See you inside!
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • April Marie
      Welcome to the forums, Felix!! It sounds like you keep yourself very busy and have some wonderful musical talent. My wife enjoys playing the ukulele, too.   There are lots of veterans here - not sure if any were Marines, though.   The forum is filled with lots of information, links and amazing people. Jump in where you feel comfortable.
    • Roach
      I just want to mention, where I live there are tons of cis guys your height or shorter. Among them is my dad and one of my professors (who are well over 17 y/o lol), and I honestly don't think twice about it. Every time I go to the grocery store I see at least 4 different guys around that height too. I don't think your height will be an issue towards passing long-term. (Well, maybe it's different in your region, but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.)   I can relate to the hands thing though. If I ever hold something in front of the camera to take a photo of it, I feel like I have to crop my hands out so they don't "out" me. (I admit that that's silly.)  
    • Roach
      I noticed something like this too once I socially transitioned. I am so accustomed to people referring to me as a guy and using the right name, that socially I feel fine most of the time. This just makes me more aware of how physically uncomfortable I get sometimes.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.