• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Did You Choose Your Female Name?

Guest Dr.Metropolis

Guest Dr.Metropolis

Just out of curiosity,

How did everyone find their feminine name?

I haven't solidified anything yet, but I'm thinking of Maude. I think it's a cute name (as I think with most old ladies names) and the only Maude I ever "knew" is from Harold and Maude (movie) - and I love her character!

Dr M

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

• Cyndee

• KathrynJulia

after my mom came to terms with this whole thing she came to me one day and said "well i cant call you (insert sakuras male name here ) anymore so we sat down and dug over a few names and eventually settled on jennifer nichole it was kinda her coping mechanisim which was fine i had no real prefrences on a name and hadnt settled on any one kinda cool having your mom rename you so now im jenn to most ppl jennifer or nikki to most of my family

Sakura

“Amie”, cause it’s just HipHop n’ ghetto like that. Kidding. Cause I’ve always loved it and thought it fit me. Nice n’ sweet like me (LOL) with only two syllables.

Guest BrittaneyJ

I had a really ahem dumb and slutty sounding female name at first (don't ask), but when I told my pseudo mom, we sat down and she came up with something that seemed a lot more fitting for me. Plus I like it better and it sounds less cliche. Pretty much same thing as sakura, except not my bio mom (bio mom hates what I am)

Guest Donna Jean

Well, no big mystery or intrigue here...Donald Eugene......Donna Jean...Viola!

Wonderful common name from the year I was born, just the female version lol ;)

Now to get it all there!!!! B)

Peace

Donna Jean

I picked Hathor, Egyptian goddess of love, music, and art. I use it among my friends mostly. It will never be an official name. I guess I just like it. It sounds cool. How would you like to be named after an Egyptian goddess? I later picked Haythorx since it's more original for on the web, and it comes from Hathor.

Guest littlejohn

There was is girl, who I went through hell with. She is my high school sweetheart you can say?

IDK we really close now... but yea, but naming myself after her just felt right.

Vanessa. =]

Guest Sofiadragon

Funny enough mine came to me from a little help from my wife & the first name of a charecter from Harry potter. By this time next year I will be known as Sofia Belatrix Lenard.

Guest Dr.Metropolis

It's really interesting to see how everyone found their name.

I believe names are pretty powerful and identifying with something through your name is a very powerful statement. Some of you can still identify with biological parents and have them as part of your deciding factor while others cannot. I feel my parents will not be very accepting of this situation and my name will have to come from elsewhere.

Dr M

Guest Ashley fl

i thought for a while over what fit me , what i liked in my preferance for name , i am not my male to famale name at all so that was out , i thought over ashley , hailey , or angelika for a couple months , ashley was the strongest one in my mind and fits me , my mother said i would have been a michelle , im legalising ashley michelle for my name . in my opinion , one should pic a name that fits them , although picking a name from several choices out of a hat is ok too , but i used my heart to help me pic mine , giggles

Guest SuzanneF

I went thru a couple of names that I liked (Leanne, Julia) but when I thought of Suzanne. I just liked it . It was pretty and feminine and reminded me of a girl I worked with who had beautiful long brown hair that I envied.

Guest CharliTo

My english name, I just made my name feminine to Charlene (or Carli...still deciding :3) pretty simple. My really really good friend told me that I'm not really a "Charlene"...and after a week of thinking, he got the inspiration while peeing (lol), and rushed to IM me to name myself Carli.

As far as my Japanese name, I'm letting my mom choose. More than likely it'll be Yuki tho :)

Guest Isobelle Fox

I've been a Kym and a Sosha, a Faye and even a Philo. But all of those were at times in my life when I wasn't really taking myself very seriously. Last year I decided to pick a name that really meant something to me, so I spent a day making a list of female names, and out of all of them that I could think of, Isobelle was the only one that spoke to me.

I decided to look it up and see what it meant, but I found that the spelling I wanted to use didn't give much information. I briefly thought I had made up a new spelling, then I discovered that the author of a book I had read earlier in the year was named Isobelle (Carmody). No doubt I had subconciously noticed it. I later also noticed that the female lead in my favorite movie, The Fountian, was named Izzie, and also later remembered that the female lead in Ladyhawke, which used to be my favorite movie, was Isabeau. So, the name was kind of haunting me anyway ::laughs::

Guest CharliTo

lol, actually the kanji is probably going to be 幸 which means "happiness" :) So you can call me happiness allllll u want :3 prolly would make life sound more optimistic too :D 

Rayne.

I liked the character of BloodRayne.

My wife chose Emily as the middle name because she liked it and I took Knight as the last name because it takes courage to do what we do.

By the way...if you put them together you get "Rainy night".

Guest gamergirl

I think it chose me. One day it just popped in, and I am now Jackie middle name Lee. Lucky for me, it is widely accepted from family, and friends. So, it seems like it works :)

Guest Tara Saya

interestingly i picked my name from a game. I had a charecter on an online game i played named Tara, everyone only knew me by that name. It was a friend of mine who suggested it to me as i was trying to pick my name, i was going to go with heather or Jeniffer but Tara was it! That was me, My middle name is Michelle now, as this was the name my momn would have called me if i was born geneticaly female. She cried when i told her i chose that for my middle name. So yeah Tara Michelle , seems to work out wonderfully for me.

Guest Kenzie W

I don't even know how I came up with Lindsey, I just remember that I really favored it for awhile and that I once paid one of my friends a dollar to refer to me by that name for the entire day. I also LOVE the name Mildred, It is one of my favorite names ever. I hope to someday have a daughter named Mildred.

I have a lot of favorite girls names, actually. I have always thought girls had such beautiful names, Most guys names have never appealed to me.

Guest Michele H

I picked Michelle since it was so close to Michael that I thought I might get by with that when I pay with a credit card. Not sure I like Michelle though - Has anyone ever gotten a second credit card on an existing account with your fem name (before legally changing it?)

• Root Admin
I picked Michelle since it was so close to Michael that I thought I might get by with that when I pay with a credit card. Not sure I like Michelle though - Has anyone ever gotten a second credit card on an existing account with your fem name (before legally changing it?)

I did, but as you say by applying in my male name for a card for my female alter-ego, got it too! :D