• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

I have found that Pandora Radio has some Don Ellis Big Band on it - not a lot but about 4 LPs worth, unfortunately my very favorite album of his was never released on CD or MP3, it just seems to be gone - a real shame I could really enjoy listening to Soaring or Nicolle right now.

Love ya,

Sally

PS I just found that album on CD and ordered it along with some of his other albums - Autumn (best recording of Indian Lady ever), Live at Fillmore, Electric Bath, Music From Other Galaxies & Planets and Tears of Joy (what I am shedding right now - never thought that I would find these treasures again.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Remy Elizabeth

Misery Business by Paramore. Sorry to be so mainstream. :poster_oops:

-snip-

Misery Business by Paramore. Sorry to be so mainstream. :poster_oops:

-video snip-

There's nothing wrong with mainstream music. No reason to be embarrassed about. I just hope you listen to more than just mainstream. I think the only thing more diverse than the human population is music and that's only because of how diverse we as people are.

As for myself, I've been all over the place musically today as I've been plunging into the depths of my youtube history. If I had to list something inparticular, I'd probably have to say I've been favoring Chris Cornell stuf today (Soundgarden/Audioslave). Specifically, I've been listening to I Am the Highway from his acoustic Songbook album.

Guest Gregg Jameson

I have had fun listening to the newest release of the trio known as Moriah Mountain. I enjoy reading their lyrics, which are readily available, along with this album's music, on the site I have listed below.

Free Album Preview- Limited time for free preview

Moriah Mountain, a fairly new trio from North Carolina (USA) is offering a preview of their newest album, "Miracle Temple," just released Feb. 26th. Highly endorsed by many musical artists.

You may hear the "Miracle Temple" album for free, limited time offer: xhttp://pitchfork.com/advance/30-miracle-temple/x

(Remove the "x" at the beginning, and at the end, of the link to discern the link address.)

If you go to the site, a "toggle switch" will drop when you point at icons in upper left of screen. You may control music selection with this. Definitely a different sound. Interesting! This band's work is often called that of the "Progressive South."

Enjoy! :D

Guest Gregg Jameson

Big green tractor, Jason Aldean.

I wanna be that girl so bad!!!!

Hi Nova,

I had to respond. Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan were touring together for at least part of 2012. Saw them share a concert this past year. My lovely ladyfriend loves them, yet tends to like Luke's music best.

If you like Jason Aldean, you may also enjoy Luke Bryan. The ladies were going wild for Luke, especially when he sang the two sequential songs, which are two parts of one story:

Luke Bryan - "I don't want this night to end"

Luke Bryan - "Drunk on you"

I hope all is going well for you, Nova! :D

May all of your dreams come true!

Warmly, Brad

I bought the Casting Crowns album Lifesong, mainly for the song Praise You In This Storm. But the third track in is, Does Anybody Hear Her. I wonder if this song is talking about a trangender female that is committing suicide because she is rejected by the church. It sure sounds like it to me? If anyone has the time or inclination to give a listen on the web or look up the lyrics, let me know it I am right. Also, on the last line the word she is changed to he??? Anyway it's a really good album. Stained Glass Masquerade, Love them Like Jesus and Set Me Free really speaks to me too.

Hug. JodyAnn

I am listening to some real down home Louisiana Bayou style Blues by a band with a name that is pronounced Jay Monkey Dee but being as the leader's name is actually J. Monque'D it is the perfect name.
I met him Saturday at a fund raising concert for the New Orleans Performing Arts Center - building a place for children to go to learn music, art, dance and writing.
We talked for a while and I bought 2 of his CDs, he plays what he calls the Louisiana saxophone - everyone else calls it a Blues Harp, Mouth Organ or Harmonica but I liked his name for it.
Found out that he was friends with Delbert McClinton who went to my high school just about 4 years ahead of me and he had played many of the old clubs that I knew of and some that I had played in my youth back in Fort Worth - we hit it off rather well and he offered to sign my CDs.
Love ya,
Sally
Guest Gregg Jameson

I bought the Casting Crowns album Lifesong, mainly for the song Praise You In This Storm. But the third track in is, Does Anybody Hear Her. I wonder if this song is talking about a trangender female that is committing suicide because she is rejected by the church. It sure sounds like it to me? If anyone has the time or inclination to give a listen on the web or look up the lyrics, let me know it I am right. Also, on the last line the word she is changed to he??? Anyway it's a really good album. Stained Glass Masquerade, Love them Like Jesus and Set Me Free really speaks to me too.

Hug. JodyAnn

Hey JodyAnn!

The Casting Crowns put out some great music, with very powerful messages!

The first time I had heard "Does Anybody Hear Her," I was... well... deeply touch! The message is so powerful!

I do think this song is largely open to interpretation, which is a part of the beauty and the power! It is relevant to so many life challenges. I think the "she" being changed to "he" is, in some way, showing the relationship between serving each person/all people as being equivalent to serving "Him," as in a male gendered God or of Jesus, as her pain is also His pain and serving her is serving Him, etc.

Overall, it's fair to say her pain is his pain, also in the sense that the suffering of any gender has an impact upon the suffering of all, anywhere on the gender spectrum. I will give it a listen later today though, as I have not heard this song in ages now! I must agree, JodyAnn, very powerful music and messages.

Hugs! :friends:

Brad

Guest Gregg Jameson
I am listening to some real down home Louisiana Bayou style Blues by a band with a name that is pronounced Jay Monkey Dee but being as the leader's name is actually J. Monque'D it is the perfect name.
I met him Saturday at a fund raising concert for the New Orleans Performing Arts Center - building a place for children to go to learn music, art, dance and writing.
We talked for a while and I bought 2 of his CDs, he plays what he calls the Louisiana saxophone - everyone else calls it a Blues Harp, Mouth Organ or Harmonica but I liked his name for it.
Found out that he was friends with Delbert McClinton who went to my high school just about 4 years ahead of me and he had played many of the old clubs that I knew of and some that I had played in my youth back in Fort Worth - we hit it off rather well and he offered to sign my CDs.
Love ya,
Sally

Sally, I so enjoy your accounts about music and musicians!

It must be quite a treat to be in New Orleans!

I love Jazz and any variation thereof!

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and knowledge!

Hugs!

Brad

Hug. JodyAnn

Hey JodyAnn!

The first time I had heard "Does Anybody Hear Her," I was... well... deeply touch! The message is so powerful!

I do think this song is largely open to interpretation, which is a part of the beauty and the power! It is relevant to so many life challenges. I think the "she" being changed to "he" is, in some way, showing the relationship between serving each person/all people as being equivalent to serving "Him," as in a male gendered God or of Jesus, as her pain is also His pain and serving her is serving Him, etc.

Overall, it's fair to say her pain is his pain, also in the sense that the suffering of any gender has an impact upon the suffering of all, anywhere on the gender spectrum. I will give it a listen later today though, as I have not heard this song in ages now! I must agree, JodyAnn, very powerful music and messages.

Brad

So many times I have written that scarlet letter in my head. That is why I could identify with that song so much. I can't imagine going through such a huge transformation that I am, without my Higher Power. The world fails me again, I get to the point I don't want to be me anymore. I find that is not the end. It is the beginning, because my vessel is so emptied, that my Higher Power can fill me up. I never want to give those lofty glances or be a lofty person. Many times I get full of myself, often it come with a price tag. Learning to lead by lifting someone up, is so un-natural for me. WWJD? Not be Jody! Giggle.

Hug. JodyAnn

Guest Gregg Jameson

Hug. JodyAnn

Hey JodyAnn!

Brad

So many times I have written that scarlet letter in my head. That is why I could identify with that song so much. I can't imagine going through such a huge transformation that I am, without my Higher Power. The world fails me again, I get to the point I don't want to be me anymore. I find that is not the end. It is the beginning, because my vessel is so emptied, that my Higher Power can fill me up. I never want to give those lofty glances or be a lofty person. Many times I get full of myself, often it come with a price tag. Learning to lead by lifting someone up, is so un-natural for me. WWJD? Not be Jody! Giggle.

Hug. JodyAnn

Jody, Beautifully expressed! :D It's too easy to collude in condemnation, especially self-condemnation. Even when we tend to be non-judgmental, or even less judgmental toward others, we still all too often tend to participate in not forgiving ourselves. :(

WWJD? Well, we could get into a long conversation on this; yet, will save my discourse for the Spiritual Forum. Please allow me to say, there is nothing wrong in having a full-on human experience while here on this Earth! I feel we are Spiritual Beings having a human experience. We are in the midst of this experience for a reason. As our good friend Cissy would share, we are here for the experience! So, you've lived a full life thus far? Great! :lol: Keep moving forward by living each Present Moment to the max! :D

Many people find solace in a Higher Power, in some form or another. Learning to stop the "stinking thinking" and "quieting the mind" in a way that brings true Peace is so very helpful to finding our center and our balance! The Path which works well for anyone is the Path to take! I think it's amazing that you have been free to be, fully, yourself just as much as you have done so, and am equally amazed that you continue with courage and determination in pursuing even more of JodyAnn! :welldone:

In the audio stream today we have "Just the way you are" by Bruno Mars.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Joann, Beautiful and fits so well! :D Reminds me to continue working on mastering truly unconditional love, 24/7. It's truly a challenge! Yet, a worthwhile challenge!

Group Hugs!

Brad

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sarah Faith

Well because it really has fit my mood as of late, I've been listening to Evanescence's album named after them selves "Evanescence"

Specifically been listening to "Disappear" and "What you want" by Evanescence, the first one just puts me in mind if where I was before in my life, and the second one for where I am now and where I'm heading.

I know Evanescence isn't everyone's cup of tea but I've loved this band for years and year. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been stuck on Nine Inch Nails again, I go through cycles with this band, it's definitely my favorite band ever (omg Trent!)

I've always loved how ambiguous and universal his music is. Maybe it's a stretch, but I keep relating it to my journey through the transition. The Fragile is my latest discovery. I used to relate it to the object of my affections, but now I relate it to my struggles and the course of my gender discovery, through not being able to see myself, to being extremely self-conscious, to hiding myself, until the end of the song, which is my transition!

With Teeth has been a favorite too, it's not a perfect fit, but several parts of the song really speak to my current struggle, which is separating myself from this idea I've created of myself, and what's truly inside.

It helps that I obsess over NIN I'm sure...

Oh, and I can't get through more than a couple of days without listening to Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I've been listening to a lot of Reel Big Fish lately because their music puts me in a good mood.

More specifically they have some lovely songs called "I know you too well to like you any more", "Your girlfriend sucks", "Everyone else is an ---hole". I think they did a great cover of John Cougar Mellancamp's "Authority Song" and The Specials "Monkey Man". Then they have their classics such as "Sellout" and "Everything sucks"