• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

Guest Jaques

Spider3-1.jpgSpider2-1.jpgSpider6-1.jpgSpider7.jpg

..........here is Agatha, Mark 3 (I had two others) - just gotta put a new soft top on her - i put the 6 cd's in the casset which is in the boot and yesterday played an old tape - the Andrews Sisters............brilliant sounds

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Jaques

So it's a car. And why would you keep cds in a boot?

Agatha isnt just ANY car, shes Agatha Mk 3, named after all the cars my father had in the l950's when i was a kid - and the Alpha Romeo stereo system is like the car, l4 yrs old but in immaculate condition except the soft tops a bit worn so shes having a new one. The tape deck is on the dashboard integral with the radio but the 6 c.d's go in the boot in a casette but operated from the unit at the front - very funky............

Guest Jaques

The boot of the car is what we would call the trunk on this side of the pond.

........Yes I know, but trunks are whats on the end of an elephents face here, or what a man wears for swimming lol!

The boot of the car is what we would call the trunk on this side of the pond.

........Yes I know, but trunks are whats on the end of an elephents face here, or what a man wears for swimming lol!

:lol:

ahem... And rubbers aren't something we use to erase pencil marks!

Several years ago we took a trip to London and took some students with us. We were riding on the tube approaching Leicester square, which is announced over the PA. One of the students with us, in her thick Kentucky accent says quite loudly and judgmentally "Why so they always have to pronounce everything here so funny? Why can't they just pronounce it the way it is spelled?" We were torn between trying to tell her that we were the ones slaughtering the language called ENGLISH, or whether to just throw her to the group of guys decked out in chains and Mohawks who were throwing us dirty looks. :lol:

• Forum Moderator

It would be so lovely if they could learn to speak english! But their silly out of date accent is so cute. I love to kid my english friends about that.

Hugs,

Charlie

Teehee! That's awesome Charlie!

Just to clarify, this was a college student (19-20 years old). She wasn't too young to know better, she was just an idiot!

Guest Jaques

when i was a child my english teacher made me stand in the corner for saying "ok" - she said "I will NOT have Americanisms in my classroom" - ha ha!

SO:.....................You say tomayto and i say tomarto, tomayto, tomarto, potato, potarto, lets call the whole thing off............lol!

• 2 months later...
BBC - Radio 4 Extra A Night With a Vampire - The Lady of the...

www.bbc.co.uk - i doubt if you can get this link, but these short vampire stories are being narrated by David Tennant, my fav actor and really good........

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

Know I'm in an odd mood-maybe it's the snow and long winter-maybe just a mood but right now I keep listening to Bird On A Wire. Especially the version by the Neville Brothers and the one by Jimmy Barnes. Never meant as much to me in all the years I heard it as it does now.

"I have tried in my way to be free"...........indeed.

Johnny

• 2 weeks later...

Various video game music(King of Fighters XIII, Yu Yu Hakusho 2(SFC), Sen no Kiseki). Guessing nobody else listens to the stuff, but hey.

Oh, and, I don't play any of those, either. I just listen to the music.

• Forum Moderator

"Oh Brother Where Art Though" sound tract. I love it as a country girl.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Forum Moderator

After hearing it on a commercial I downloaded a couple of versions of "I Gotta Be Me". Such a perfect anthem for us and our journeys. Just wish I could find a more modern version.

A correlary to it is the song "I'm not anyone". If you look up the words they are an amazing statement exactly how I feel. Both songs seem to define me in a way. The lyrics anyway.

Johnny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Faith gibson

I listen to Joni Mitchell a lot and Townes van Zandt.

I wish I could sing like Joni but I sound like Townes.