• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Guess I Don't Get Girls After All..

Guest My_Genesis

haha I would totally have been laughing at that too... but awkward moments from things like that are awful. I do similar things all the time and then feel like a total idiot when people take it the wrong way.

And as for click supposing to be a comedy... have you noticed that nearly every funny movie now has to have some sort of "happy ending" or "moral" crap? It's almost to the point where you should just leave the movie early, in order to spare yourself the pain of watching the last two hours go down the drain. And none of the endings work either. It's like, "let's shove this ten or twenty minutes of everyone weeping and becoming better people so that there will be merit to our work" when they could seriously just end the thing with action or a joke or something. The Judd Apatow ones are the worst, I don't want to watch his characters spend a decade at the end getting things together. Not that that is an unrelated rant or anything...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

Geez, I just had those thoughts a week ago

And the "relating to the male character thing? Ditto. All too often I "get" why the guy left the girl, didn't think she'd be mad about such and such, made the choice he did, his rationale behind some random action. And when that happens, if you are actually a guy but still being believed to be something else, you are "put out" of the society of women; you are accused of "hating women", "being against women", "having problems", and if you do it long enough -especially when young, if you haven't identified whats going on with you and don't look masculine or are not assumed to be "lesbian" -it degenerates to being verbally demoralized since "you find the company of men so much more appealing". Then the conclusions get really sordid. When in truth the typical ftm youth is no more comfortable in the company of males for sexualized reasons than most men are more comfortable in the company of their fellows.

Between being maligned by nontranswomen, and completely not understood by genetic males where the hell's an ftm supposed to go but -if you're lucky- to wherever the other ftms are and wish for a world of just people who frikking get it.

Oh, and uh BB code doesn't work if you type it in and screw up ;):P

Guest My_Genesis

what exactly would a genetic male not understand? i guess that's why i think it would be easier to discuss this with males than females...I figure since we're all thinking the same way, I'll be able to communicate it better and the outcome will be better. Since we're supposed to be the ones with the "rational, logical" minds. Whereas with girls..you know, being ticking time bombs and all.. :lol:

When in truth the typical ftm youth is no more comfortable in the company of males for sexualized reasons than most men are more comfortable in the company of their fellows.

sexualized as in, the gender your friends are, correct? :P

yeah, i was looking at the code and didn't see where you messed up, but then again I don't know exactly how the syntax works for the quoting. lol

And yeah Cody some comedies can really suck these days. The movies I don't like are the ones where I'm able to predict scenes and endings beforehand. Happens with comedies, mostly...And it's been happening a lot lately.

sometimes i regret stuff i said that was meant to be just for fun, that people took as rude and offensive.
When in truth the typical ftm youth is no more comfortable in the company of males[...]

I tried to get along with a group of girls who had invited me to hang out. It seemed everytime I thought somthing was funny they would look at me like I had killed somthing. Everytime there was group dramma I had no clue what was going on and stayed out of it. So they called me annoying because I'd never really gave a cr*p about that stuff and laughed at their petty probelms.

However, the guys also looked at me weird and rejected me from their group. Like I 'wasn't suppose to find that one thing funny' and exc. Then one of them would turn around and tell the same joke to their friends and they'd all laugh.

I felt cut off from both sexes and still do somtimes. This is why I spend alot of time online because I tell some people I acually am a biomale and then I'm free to say and do anything without having to worry. I found on my whole quest to be a 'biomale online' that I have not once been able to get a girl because they like I'm a 'egotistical jerk.' So I've been trying to tune myself down and act nicer but I just can't seem to please a girl. I don't understand them at all.

This is a intresting coversation because it brings up a question for me: what is it that makes a girl like a guy? Looks to the side...I personally thought girls liked jerks. I've seen far to many girls dating jerks. :wacko:

Why can't I attract a girl?????

what exactly would a genetic male not understand? i guess that's why i think it would be easier to discuss this with males than females...I figure since we're all thinking the same way, I'll be able to communicate it better and the outcome will be better. Since we're supposed to be the ones with the "rational, logical" minds. Whereas with girls..you know, being ticking time bombs and all.. :lol:

Are you (much as we do not want it to be the case) telling me that you could walk into any given mainstream, all male space, having not undergone any physical change, (we're talkin strangers here, not people you know and have explained it to) and have them "get" that you are not just masculine but entirely male, the same as them, and "not see" the body you are in?

If you know this place tell me where it is.

If where you live where I live however then not only does your presence, especially once the maleness comes out, get confusion, often anger, and thankfully the assumption that you're "lesbian" but in the event that that assumption wasn't made there could be the danger of it being assumed that the reason you are there, wanting to be in a roomful of men as it were, is you're looking to have sex with them.

I mean, if you think about it, and are truthful, if 9 of us were in a room together, having made it known before hand "there're only gonna be a bunch of ftms in here", and girl -either known to be genetic and not trans, or a transgirl- came and wanted to be there, what would you assume? Because if you're like me, you assume she's there because she wants to "be seen" by us and is hoping to get picked up.

Zabrack, your experience is actually whats typical for the experience of most ftms. Until they are physically altered enough, and stealth in that company.

I used to get along great with guys when I was younger, and I used to be completely uncomfortable with girls. But as I got older and hit the social expectations that switched a little... and of course I had to discover sexuality. It's doubly hard to be friends with a lot of guys when you're attracted to them. And I'm not attracted to any of my current guy friends, but there's always that potential when you meet them, which makes it a little bit awkward. Not to mention with the body thing, if I spend more time with guys than I do with girls I get a lot of people assuming that I like a guy that I don't or making jokes about us. Definitely, whenever people see a 'girl' with a lot of guys the first thing they think is sex. Well the first thing they actually think is very *friendly* person, but sex is kind of interrelated. I'd say though the problem about being ftm and trying to fit in either place is that we aren't girls so that doesn't work so well, but while that socialization was going on where we kind of figure out what's expected of us... we were most likely doing it for the wrong team. Combine that with people making assumptions and you may as well crawl under a rock until you've transitioned :P

oh and I think girls are on a sensitive men craze now. The jerk thing also works a lot better in real life than on the internet, because there's a whole persona attatched to it that is largely based on physical manifestations.

whenever people see a 'girl' with a lot of guys the first thing they think is sex. Well the first thing they actually think is very *friendly* person, but sex is kind of interrelated.

Bingo Cody. I actually wanted somebody else to come right out with it in plain terms so that it wasn't just me spewing. That is what I meant by "verbally demoralized" by the nontransgenetic women and "sexualized" by genetic males. For all intents and purposes people start talking as if this person is walking around, crotch out, hollerin "come get it".

And the truth is the FtM is in NO WAY looking for sex, he's lookin to "be a guy hangin out with the guys" ( except Cody cuz he's gay(?) bi(?) I'm not sure which Cody and don't want to screw up your stuff, but you get my point :P ) And in truth if you add what I said in the paragraph about a girl going into a room of ftms, then it ultimately is a problem of being in the wrong body.

Unfortunately, its the habit of males to "assume" that anyone they consider "viable" is looking for sex if they stay in the vacinity. I'm no better cuz I do it too. And I'ma be honest, "when the T is upon me" good "viable" is anybody with the right body parts. In my case (to use a term used by another moderator) "bewbs" (and to use the wording of a different member) the "bajingo". As long as you have that I care not if you are blonde, brunette, redhead, old enough be my mother, walk with a limp, I'll do you lol. I'll lie about it tomorrow :P But today?....um

Guys,

Let me just step in and tell you what your problem is. Guys were never meant to understand women and while you were biologically born female - you have been guys from the start! I have no insight as to how exactly guys think - I was born biologically male - but guess what, I've been a girl all along.

The insensitivity line and the ever popular "If you don't know I'm not going to tell you" are used when we feel like explaining would be a waste of time. The truth is for all of the books written by women explaining how men think and what we should do to change them - they don't have a clue either. And who in their right mind wants to make men think like women anyway - I like the fact that we have different view points. Maybe I just like a challenge, but I don't want to be arround people who agree 100% of the time - some of them are unneccessary!

Don't spend all of your time trying to figure out what a woman meant by that or what you did wrong - when we got thrown out of the Garden of Eden one of the punishments listed was, "women will bear the pain of childbirth" the unlisted punishment was that men will never understand women and therefore drive themselves crazy trying to figure out what they did wrong.

Accept the differences, enjoy the good times and don't forget to duck during the rough spots!

All of that being said, good luck, I love you guys,

Sally

Guest Crossroads

I don't know...maybe it's because I'm in a relationship, and have been since high school, and therefore have never had to be in these kinds of situations...but here's my take on it.

Guys like all kinds of girls, right? Well, different girls like different types of guys, too. I have this one friend who is a girl, and always went looking for guys in bars. Then she'd complain that they're party animals. And I just said, "Duh, you met him in a bar!" Not that all people who go to a bar are drunks, but where you meet someone is a big indication of what type of person they are. Guys don't go into a gay club looking for women, right? If you meet someone at the library, you can expect that they like reading, get good grades, etc.

I met my partner at school, at an art lock-in, making fun of anime. Turns out we both LOVE anime, and love making fun of it, too. And love art! And...after that, everything just came together (over a few years...)

Some girls are attracted to asses, and they go looking for them. Some girls like sweet guys, and you won't find them in the worst part of town just "hanging out". I mean, stuff happens, you might find her there...serendipity is beautiful. I highly believe in good things come to those who wait. But I say, look for a girl where you would want to find them.

I used to think that men only cared about sex...I mostly hung out with guys. But now that I've been dragged into the female storm (I guess, since I'm a 'lesbian' now, although I never identified that way), I find that they are just as obsessed with it.

I'll shut up now.

Guest Jackson

Jeez, a lot happens when I skip a night and go to bed early.

With the problem of understanding why men do what they do like leaving women and all that, I have that too. It's funny. My ex-girlfriend once asked me what I'd do in a certain situation. Her husband had done what she considered to be the wrong choice. So she wanted my take on it. She was not happy when I told her that I would have done the same exact thing that he did. Yep, not happy at all.

I've decided, like that time I mentioned in some post awhile ago about not getting a joke in a room full of women, that I'm not going to waste time in trying to even make it look like I know what women are thinking. I've given up.

Guest My_Genesis
Are you (much as we do not want it to be the case) telling me that you could walk into any given mainstream, all male space, having not undergone any physical change, (we're talkin strangers here, not people you know and have explained it to) and have them "get" that you are not just masculine but entirely male, the same as them, and "not see" the body you are in?

If you know this place tell me where it is.

If where you live where I live however then not only does your presence, especially once the maleness comes out, get confusion, often anger, and thankfully the assumption that you're "lesbian" but in the event that that assumption wasn't made there could be the danger of it being assumed that the reason you are there, wanting to be in a roomful of men as it were, is you're looking to have sex with them.

I mean, if you think about it, and are truthful, if 9 of us were in a room together, having made it known before hand "there're only gonna be a bunch of ftms in here", and girl -either known to be genetic and not trans, or a transgirl- came and wanted to be there, what would you assume? Because if you're like me, you assume she's there because she wants to "be seen" by us and is hoping to get picked up.

Zabrack, your experience is actually whats typical for the experience of most ftms. Until they are physically altered enough, and stealth in that company.

This kinda reminds me of something. One day I went with one of my friends who lives next to me in my dorm, and this other guy he hangs out with to 711. When we got back, they both went in his room, and I went with him (his roommate may have been in there as well, can't remember for sure) it was like 1 or 2 am so he changed into his pj's and didn't say anything about me being in the room. I mean all he really did was take off his shirt and when he changed his pants he was wearing boxers..so it wasn't a big deal or anything, but even now I'm still asking myself if he would have done that had it been any of the other girls in my hall that were in there, or if maybe he subconsciously feels like im just another one of his guy friends (which i think would be pretty sweet :P) So then maybe a day or two later, I was in this other guy's room in my hall, and it was just him, his roommate and me, because a bunch of us were hanging out in there and I was the last one to leave...So he asks me to close the door because he wants to change into his pj's, and i walked out and started closing it. then he goes "you don't have to leave..I mean I don't care if you're in here, I just want the door closed. But I felt kinda weird about it so I left anyway lol. I think guys would get it more than girls though, because I've been thinking, that maybe if I just told them I think the same way they do, don't you think it would be easier than telling a girl you have a guy's brain? because they wouldn't know exactly what that means. :P and of course guys would get what it means to have a male brain.

and it wasn't necessarily awkward because of sex or anything, like they aren't those types of people...lol. i just felt awkward because i didn't want them to think i wanted to stay in there and check them out while they were changing. and even though neither of them seemed to care, maybe it just bothered me personally to think that maybe they think I'm attracted to guys. :rolleyes:

I love when you say stuff like that Sally, cuz you are RIGHT. It is beautiful that we think differently. Thank you for reminding me.

And yes Jackson, a lot does go on then you go to sleep. -Just you though. Nobody else. LOL just kidding.

And Crossroads, you pegged it and stole part of what I was about to say but will anyway. -Zabrack has asked his brothers (and sisters) "how do you get a girl to like you". We can't skip that question cuz I feel like it would be wrong and not acknowledging a sincere desire to know. These are just my thoughts, the phenomenal creation that is "woman" cannot be address by one man so the topic will have to be answered by any who think they know "something".

What makes a girl like a guy.

First, all girls are differernt. They all like different things. Some like guys that are "jerks". Some like guys that are "thuggish". Some like "smart guys". The talent is to figure out which one are you. If you're more than one thing, which one are you "best" at/most comfortabe and most often. Thats the you you want to show her. Its important to be however you typically are when meeting a girl cuz thats the way she's gonna want you to be all the time. If you "affect" something -zany, overly outgoing, whatever- and aren't really that, or aren't it most of the time you have just guaranteed that that relationship will fail. But whatever kind of guy you are there are some things that are kind of universal to all girls.

They like to be thought highly of. Even hoochie mama's want to be thought of as the "ultimate" hoochie mama,"the best of the hoochie mamas" as it were. I guess another way of wording it is they want to feel "special" Either because of their braininess, or their sensitivity, or their outspokenness......whatever it is thats her strongsuit make sure she knows she is doing well at that, that its noticable and standing out and that you are the guy that is noticing it.

They like to be respected as whatever it is they are. Notice I didn't just say "they like to be respected". The key to the thing is "as whatever it is they are". Most guys make the mistake of thinking the first half of the sentence means "they all want to be treated one given way". The truth is they want to be treated in a way befitting what it is they're being. Thats usually why you see a girl getting treated some certain way or with a guy you say is a "jerk" and yet she still likes him. He's usually actually respecting what that girl is. Case and point: If a girl is a "playa" -and you know they're out there- and you shower her with your love and want to settle her down and make her "your one and only" she probably is going to look at you like she's wondering what lump of concrete hit you in the head, roll her eyes at your suggestions of her "being taken away from all this" and laugh at you to her friends. Why? Not because you weren't being a nice guy. Not because nice guys don't get any action. Because that girl is being something in which she would have apprciated a guy who 1) always left before morning 2)does not call her "just because" 3) never says he loves her 4) only calls when he wants ...what they both want, that guy, "treating her like crap" for all you can tell is actually respecting her as "a playa". Since all of those actions would have "cramped" her game. Translation: always give the right actions to the right girl. Its that whole "you can't make a ho in a housewife"thing. And likewise its a no no to try to make a housewife into a ho.If she's a hardcore feminist, that might mean letting her pick up her own tab and yours too sometime. If she's a celebate don't ask her for sex. Respect whatever they are.

Girls like a guy they can feel comfortable with. Someone who they don't have to be something they're not with.

Whatever type of girl she is, most girls like a guy who is confident. That is not the same thing as "cocky" or "smug". Amazingly enough one of the things that creates a confident state of being is admitting when you don't know things or are not good at a given task. You take yourself out of being put on the spot to do something you know you can't. The ultimate confidence breaker. It also frees you up to be certain in the things you know that you know. Even a very shy guy can be confident.

Note: The only kind of girls who do not like guys that are confident are the ones who also like guys who "fear" them. Usually these are abusive women. They exist. And even biomen need to avoid them. The same things about guys who these things are said about apply to them as well. Never buy that "its different when girls do it".

Sometimes people say things like "they like a man who knows how to take control". Thats not really true. For some? Yes. accross the board? No Some people tag this as "confidence", its not really. A lot of times what people are thinking of is when the two people meet and he "makes the first move"; being "confident" enough to do so and "taking charge" of that situation. Really what's going on in that situation is just having courage, being sure of yourself, and RELAXING. The "first" move, in all honesty (at least the majority that work out) is actually made by the lady. The first move was her dressing to be found. Placing herself in a position to be seen. She can stand anywhere, if she stands near hovering its for a reason. Eyes, face, smiling, vibe she sends out "approach me" if she wants it. I heard once that according to research, when a man and woman first meet completely subconcious to the woman she will move her shoulders towards a man if she is attracted to him. That is an interesting find, and says again that in truth the first move -without either of them planning for it to be- usually is hers. Actual contact is usually whats up to you. Your job then is to learn to read the "I like you, please approach me" signals.

The ULTIMATE girl to date is one who you could be friends with. If she isn't the type you could've been friends with if you weren't looking for a girlfriend don't date her. You'll have an awful time trying to talk to her much less work out problems between you two and all couples will have problems. If she's a girl you could be best friends with and you have a great time talking to her but don't get turned on by her she still isn't for you and probably you need to look at "what else is there" about your own personality you didn't acknowledge the first time when you were choosing someone compatable.

Even hoochie mama's want to be thought of as the "ultimate" hoochie mama,"the best of the hoochie mamas" as it were. I guess another way of wording it is they want to feel "special" Either because of their braininess, or their sensitivity, or their outspokenness......whatever

LOL hoochie mama? I sware I havent heard that in so long. But I like that point..hmmm your good. Your whole post shows with age comes wisdom. B)

Theres alot of good points you got in there, thanks Evan.

You da man!

Guest Jack Solomon

[

Bingo Cody. I actually wanted somebody else to come right out with it in plain terms so that it wasn't just me spewing. That is what I meant by "verbally demoralized" by the nontransgenetic women and "sexualized" by genetic males.

You brought up some great points about this. I saw this discussion last night but didn't have time to post. I have definately been misinterpreted because I look female as well as 'verbally demoralized' (good one) because of those misinterpretations. What makes me peed off is that if a person appearing male had said the exact same things, they would have been taken completely differently, and at face value. That knowledge can really get to a person.

Also, some guys aren't even willing to see someone as one of the guys no matter how masculine your attitude or anything you say because they see it as a female saying it. Some things, for lack of a better word, suck.

Oh, and great answer about girls to ZabraK's question. Some parts were funny, and some parts were just good info.

Solomon

Guest My_Genesis
Also, some guys aren't even willing to see someone as one of the guys no matter how masculine your attitude or anything you say because they see it as a female saying it. Some things, for lack of a better word, suck.

Which is why I'm obsessing over telling guys about being trans before girls, and how many guys i should tell, which guys, etc. :rolleyes:

I don't like guys seeing me as female so right now it's either they see me as female...and with all this stuff everyone is bringing up, who knows what other implications go along with that :huh: ...or I risk it to tell whoever I tell about all this and hope they don't see me as a freak. Freak vs. female, that's a tough choice to make. And whatever the other choice is if they "accept me"..i don't know exactly what to call it...female vs. male? But of course you can never determine the outcome of something without actually doing it..

I wish I would have gotten into this a little earlier but heres what I think. First I come to find out at least for myself I'm a simple man. I don't understand women, and never will, I accept that and I don't try to change that. I do however try to remember the things that used to urine me off when I was still living the other gender and I won't treat women with any disrespect.

Second, I do agree that some men won't see you as one of guys because the do see you as a female. There are some that will, at least in my experience. My best friend is a bioguy and has been b4 transition and now, infact he would defend me to others. so not all are close minded.

Third, I like what Evan said about your partner should be you're best friend. True story. Thanx Evan.

Women are beutiful and I love all of them. Thank you for Women, to help me and keep me from doing dumb guy stuff.

Guest My_Genesis

urine me off...lol that may be the funniest one i've seen yet :lol:

funny when i used that word it wasn't censored...

yeah there's this guy in school i'd like to tell..don't know why I'm focused on telling him first, I guess because in a lot of ways I think we have a lot in common. don't know if anyone else does this but I always compare myself to guys and find one that would be just like me as a bioguy.

and i think he's one of the closest to that. i mean most of them seem to be cool with gay people...even my hardcore republican RA who thinks being gay is a choice but has at least the 2 gay guy friends that I know of lol. so i wonder if they would accept this as easily as many of them appear to except homosexuality. :huh:

Guest CharlieRose

Kind of reverting back to the original topic, guess I don't get girls after all... I'm so oblivious that I found out a girl at the youth group I go to likes me and was all, "So THAT'S why she kept sitting in my lap!" :rolleyes: And here I thought she was just friendly. :D Though, that's a bit of not understanding the dating world and low self esteem along with just not understanding girls.

I have never ever dated anyone, not even gone beyond two nerdy guys slipping me notes saying they liked me and having to tell them it wasn't mutual; I thought I was asexual before I realized I was a guy, and since I'm so reserved I was up until recently convinced I was no fun to be around and added nothing to a group and so everyone merely tolerated me, therefore who would like me other than my imaginary future husband or wife? :P But finding out about this girl and the fact that when I told my friends about that fear (well, it wasn't really a fear of being disliked... more like a sad realization) they were all like, "Hell, no! You're fun!" so... I guess I am? Now I have to figure out how the heck to proceed. I'm going to be such a dork when/if she kisses me. :P

Hey!

You are never alone when you are a dork! There are millions of us, probably billions! :D

I hereby Knicht thee, Sir ChairlieRose, defender of Dorkdom! :D

Did I just nick your ear with my sword - I'm so ot used to knighting people! I've only been Queen of the Dorks for such a short time! I used to be the King! :lol:

Don't be so hard on yourself, relax and see what happens when you don't worry so much or try too hard.

Love ya,

Her Majesty, Queen Sally the First!

Kind of reverting back to the original topic, guess I don't get girls after all... I'm so oblivious that I found out a girl at the youth group I go to likes me and was all, "So THAT'S why she kept sitting in my lap!"

That's not bad. When I was 15 the girl that I was secretly in love with sat on my lap in the middle of the lunchroom and kissed me in front of all our friends. Publicly she was my "best friend". I doubted and questioned whether or not she had the same kinds of feelings I did or was she just kiddng around till I was 30 and she was waaaaay since long gone . THATS taking a long time to be sure lol.

Guest Crossroads
That's not bad. When I was 15 the girl that I was secretly in love with sat on my lap in the middle of the lunchroom and kissed me in front of all our friends. Publicly she was my "best friend". I doubted and questioned whether or not she had the same kinds of feelings I did or was she just kiddng around till I was 30 and she was waaaaay since long gone . THATS taking a long time to be sure lol.

I'd have to track her down and find out for sure....I hate not knowing stuff. Now I'm dying to know if this girl DID like you or not!! X.x

Guest My_Genesis

See if that were me I would automatically assume she did. I mean to me that seems kinda straightforward. I would probably wait awhile though to see if she threw off any other hints (or maybe actually SAY something about it? lol)...Then again I'm the one who started this thread so I'm probably way off :lol:

I'd have to track her down and find out for sure....I hate not knowing stuff. Now I'm dying to know if this girl DID like you or not!! X.x
Actually, I did call her. The year that I turned 30. And on the day that I called her it was (I swear to god) the day before her wedding. Her mother answered all happy and surprised that I was calling "after all these years" told me it was the day before her wedding (I wanted to be sick) and said "HOLD ON SHE"S RIGHT HERE I'll get her for you". Apparently mom thought it would be cute to put her on that phone without sayin who it was. I was thinking "of all the days in all the world I call the day before she's going to get married?" And it doesn't matter what you wondered for how long you don't ruin someone's wedding. I considered just hangin up before she got on the phone but no, she answered. Then I was like "look she obviously darn near won't even remember you". She said "Hello?" I said "Hey". And right then I knew she knew exactly who I was. I have never heard such horrible silence in my life. Her end of the silence sounded like "of all the days in all the world you had to call me today?" I told her congratulations instead. Told her her mom told me she was getting married. She said "yeah" and thanked me. And I let it go. There's your story....
See if that were me I would automatically assume she did. I mean to me that seems kinda straightforward. I would probably wait awhile though to see if she threw off any other hints (or maybe actually SAY something about it? lol)...Then again I'm the one who started this thread so I'm probably way off :lol:

You mean like saying the only person you're ever gonna marry is me? I figured that was just talk. She was a teenager. Teenagers say things. It wasn't like it was during some intimate moment.

Guest My_Genesis
You mean like saying the only person you're ever gonna marry is me? I figured that was just talk. She was a teenager. Teenagers say things. It wasn't like it was during some intimate moment.

Not really. More like being more direct about it and saying she likes you...if she actually did...