• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What is Your Personal Theme Song?

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

So, if you could find a song or two that best described you, or your life, what would it be? I have a couple, rather obscure, but which I always thought fit me:

"Don Quixote" by Gordon Lightfoot

"A Better Place To Be" by Harry Chapin

You can find them on Youtube.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest KimberlyF

This doesn't describe me, but it is known as my theme.

Love Shack. B52s.

Or

Extraordinary by Liz Phair.

I am extraordinary

I am just your ordinary, average, everyday, sane, psycho, supergoddess

Guest Chrissy6455

"Life is Beautiful" - Sixx AM

"Awake and Alive" - Skillet

Life is Beautiful pretty much reflects my entire life and things I've been through and done

Awake and Alive is kinda my anthem of my acceptance of who I really am even though I realize that song is actually suppose to be about religious belief, The words make sense to me about my transition.

Christina

Guest Landon_Alex

Hmmm. I don't really have a theme song, but there are songs that I relate to. I'd have to say "Underneath" by Adam Lambert (Really good song) or "Into the Ocean" by Blue October.

And basically any song by Antony and the Johnsons. I love them, very good music. Very real and comes from the heart and soul.

I'd also choose two, "They Don't Know" by Tracey Ullman (also available on YouTube), and "Both Sides Now" by Judy Collins (don't know for sure, but pretty likely to be on YouTube).

a close second would be "summertime clothes" by Animal Collective, it also puts me in a good mood and it fits with my energy and the way I approach life... its hard to explain :)

• Forum Moderator

"I Feel Pretty' as sung by Maria in West Side Story.

makes me feel that way,

Charlie

• Forum Moderator

From a long past era

Hold your head up - Argent

Rock and roll soul - Grand Funk Railroad

Them changes - Buddy Miles

C Rae -

• Admin

"I Feel Pretty' as sung by Maria in West Side Story.

HUGS

makes me feel that way,

Charlie

I love that song. :D

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

From the day it was released until the time that I Came Out it was 'Like A Rolling Stone', by Dylan. (Actually got to perform it regularly in a local band while I was in high school!)

Now I'm not sure.

I'll have to get back to you.

Cool topic, by the way!

Guest MsGsptlsnz

My life has always had a soundtrack by Warren Zevon.

As a child I was an "Exciteable Boy"

In my early teen years I would say "Poor Poor Pitiful Me"

I joined the Army and humped a hog so "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" was the song we sang.

When I lived on my own I often had to call my father and say "Send Lawyers, Guns and Money! Dad, get me out of this!"

After I got married my wife accused me of being "Mr. Bad Example" to our son.

When we ran our business we knew the "Devil was in the Details" as he said in "Real or Not"

And now that I've come out to my wife we have "Disorder in the House"

I'm afraid to travel to London for fear of meeting a Werewolf and I'm sure if I go to Veracruz it will get shelled by the US Navy for some reason...

Guest LauraJen

I always thought I was a bit weird for having a theme song, seems like that isn't the case! I even attach songs to people I know, then I think of them whenever they play in my iTunes library.

I used to have "This Is Me" by Demi Lovato as a theme song, but I later changed it to "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls. Pretty much the entire song fits my life 100%, particularly the chorus where I associate the lyrics with being worried of how people will think of me when I am out to the world, and just wanting acceptance from my mum more than anything else.

Guest LauraJen

Actually, sorry I made a mistake. Mine is Lissie's cover version of "Go Your Own Way", because I can relate all the lyrics to wanting acceptance from my mum and the need to break away. Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls does reflect my life well, but not as much, I think.

• Admin

I just thought of a much more recent theme song, "Firework" by Katie Perry. I think that describes me since transition. :D

HUGS

Carolyn marie

Guest MsGsptlsnz

Hmmm, How about "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar?"

Or "Man, I feel like a woman" by Shania Twain. In the video she starts off in a tux and ends up in... well... A VERY fem outfit. The catty part of me wants to claw her eyes out for looking that good.

• 1 month later...