• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What is Your Personal Theme Song?

Carolyn Marie

The two that fit me best are "The Impossible Dream" from the Man of Lamancha and "I've got to be me".

For those of you who are unfamiliar with "I've got to be me" and only know it as the Dr. Pepper song for the folks in the red tee shirts, I will quote the first four lines:

Whether I'm right

Or whether I'm wrong

Whether I find my place in this world

Or simply never belong..........

Sort of sums up everything for me.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Chrysee

The two that fit me best are "The Impossible Dream" from the Man of Lamancha and "I've got to be me".

For those of you who are unfamiliar with "I've got to be me" and only know it as the Dr. Pepper song for the folks in the red tee shirts, I will quote the first four lines:

Whether I'm right

Or whether I'm wrong

Whether I find my place in this world

Or simply never belong..........

Sort of sums up everything for me.

Love ya,

Sally

In a similar vein, I have always loved 'Somethings Comin' from West Side Story. Also 'Everybody's Talkin' from 'Midnight Cowboy'. Each song is someone telling their story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Sarah Faith

I could pick from several, but if I had to pick just one song to represent me somehow.. It would be..

"Storm the Sorrow" by Epica

Simone has such a beautiful voice and the song just fits me overall I suppose. Though there are other songs that have a greater personal meaning to me, this one just pegs me in a certain way. :)

Guest ~Emmie~

"White Ceder", by The Mountain Goats, is one of my new favorites; beautiful and terrible, it brings across feelings of resignation, desperation, and the anticipation and heartbreakingly-intense desire of needing to be CHANGED so well.

When I'm sad, and feel like nothing can get me out of bed, I turn on Flogging Molly. "Swagger" in particular, is a fantastic song that just makes me want to get up and jump and dance my derrierre off.

Btw, I love that there's so much good music in this thread already! Classic folk like Dylan and Lightfoot, good guilty pop favs like No Doubt and Goo Goo Dolls, indie stuff like Animal Kingdom.

When I am feeling really down "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables seems to fit.

At work another Les Mis song fits - "Look Down".

When I am feeling good it is an instrumental song by Don Ellis - "Nicole".

Love ya,

Sally

Hotel Califonia was my old drug and alcohol life song. I still have tears of joy everyday when I hear "Praise You In This Storm." I can enjoy my new cartwheels to the heavens, when I fall and hit my butt, the ground is still hard. Soon I will soar again. One day I will have enough practice that my wings will work flawlessly. Giggle. Jody

• 5 weeks later...

I would have to say that my theme song is "The Touch" by Stan Bush. That sums me up to a tee! It is the story of my life.