• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good Things In Life

Guest Zabrak

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

• MaryEllen

• Paula ult

Guest Elizabeth K
Aww, Sally, that's so sweet of you.

Has anyone noticed that she's getting awfully close to 3,000 posts? How good is that?

Shhhhsh - she will hear!

You have to understand there are actually many "SALLY" on her staff - like James Mitchner and Isaac Asimov, she has a ghost writing staff, all she really does is push the send button. It's a little known secret. She funds it by (censored by the moderatoring staff), so be careful not to open any attachments!

MaryEllen just hit 2000 postings last week! Two of them actually were polite and said nice things about people (Mother's Day one to 'mom' and a 'thank you letter about a barbie doll" to some guy in a red suit)

But if I don't say SOMETHING nice on the TOPIC - wowwww WWoftheW descends! or is it WWoftheE - I forget. hee hee

I had a good day today! I ate Chinese and my fortune cookie said "Your are in transition" - HOW'd they KNOW???

Lizzy

Guest mia 1

MY good news is we are having a blizzard and it is April 16th and we will get so much moisture went out and fertilized in the storm and can't wait till everything soaks in and we finally get something called green....lovin it.....Mia.

Also looked out my window and saw my neighbor in the storm and realized he had climbed Mt Everest and was still enjoying this spring blizzard lucky to be in the "Olympic Village" Athletes and out doors people all Mia

Guest kirsty

Well I am feeling a lot more positive of late, especially since joining here. So I guess this is a good thing in life and worth of a post :)

Guest Elizabeth K

I get a telephone call from one of my best girlfiriends every Saturday. Another girlfriend watches me on the Forum and writes so lovingly concerned if she sees a hint of depression. Another screams and yells I am PM'ing everyone but her!

Oh to be loved!

And I am listening to vintage 'Platters' this morning. "Fools Fall in Love." Life is good!

Lizzy

I get a telephone call from one of my best girlfiriends every Saturday. Another girlfriend watches me on the Forum and writes so lovingly concerned if she sees a hint of depression. Another screams and yells I am PM'ing everyone but her!

Oh to be loved!

And I am listening to vintage 'Platters' this morning. "Fools Fall in Love." Life is good!

Lizzy

Life would be good if someone would ever PM me or evencall it's not like I'm hard to find! :(

I worked all day yesterday - shooting a small wedding and a dance competition!

The only bad part was I had to be in full male mode for the day - the good part was I decided not to wear my pink, floral panties but went with the standard men's tighty whities.

Why was that good?

I ripped the seat of my pants during the set up at the dance competition, never had a chance to change but no one seemed to notice.

If I had been wearing m pretty panties I would have been so paranoid!

So it was a good thing! :D

Love ya,

Sally

Hey Sally I bet if you had been wearing your pretty panties instead of tidy whities they would have noticed lol.

Glad for you it didnt turn out that way.

I am having good day the sun is shining yeah and all next week temps are going to be up there. I can do without all the rain even tho I know we need it.

I talk to my granddaughter today just like I do every Sunday and she is doing great so all in all great day.

Huggs All

Guest mia 1

I phone one of my best friends every saturday and she and I talk for what seems like forever and it is so girl to girl I am always amazed...plus my nearly 11 month old grandson took four steps today and I got to watch him do it......great.............Happy happy happy........ :D

Guest Naomi Stardust

you know it amazes me that when i'm happy things that would otherwise really get me down

just don't seem relevant

i'm new to this 'happy' thing

but i'm enjoying it!

good things good things good things?

i heard frogs last night, so it must be spring

cherry blossoms

plumb blossoms

Laura's!

warm weather at night

stars

poetry

friends

7 year old niece (May 10 birthday!)

girly hair

getting rid of body hair

dragonflies

but the best good thing right now

is that the bad things don't bother me :)

Aw, I was going to explain.

Hey why don't we give her different explanations?

That would be mean.

I spent the whole day out yesterday as me and passed without any make up!

I am one day closer to my doctor's appointment in July!

love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

My good things in life include when wrongs get righted. This is sort of what happens in the Angie Zapata case - it seems a tremendous victory was had, at least for prosecution of murder as a hate crime, when violence or death is directed at a person solely because of their transgender condition or sexual orientation.

BUT hardly anyone won in this process. The murderer certainly has a ruined life, and his family suffers. Angie Zapata is dead, and her family suffers. The defense made asses of themselves, the press seems to have run through their usual exploitation of the whole thing (sells advertising - we are accustomed to it by now, a forfet of morality as usual) and - my main point - those who responded with discrimitary and inflamatory comments, hate mail and postings seem unvindicated.

Only those who were outraged at the murder and the actions of the defense team may have won something - and of course, the prosecution team. I would suggest their taste of victory is bittersweet. Angie is dead - and many probably still think she was the cause of her own death.

Another American tragedy.

Yet it was the best thing I can remember happening in a long time, at least for me. A wrong got righted - I hope it lasts a few days, or months, or years.

Musing a bit tonight...

Lizzy

Guest joe0117

I'm getting the cast off my arm on Tuesday -hopefully won't need any more time in a cast after they x-ray it.

I should be getting my jaw un-wired on Thursday - oh to eat solid food again. :P

My two kittens (6months) make me laugh. They are very funny and in a lot of ways act very much like myself and my girlfriend.

My girlfriend - she is amazing. She has been so good to me. She was with me the entire time I was in the ICU. She went to court with me. She accepts me. We have fun together. For the first time in my life, I have someone who loves me. That makes me happy. B)

Joe

Guest OneOutOfnOne

I just got out of my first ever appointment with a therapist. Hooray, or something of that nature.

And now I'm stalling for time before making a frighteningly important phone call to a bank. Wish me luck!

Guest RainBird

Hey all! :)

I'm on holidays at the moment seeing relatives down in Queensland.

Having an absolute ball! I do not have much internet access until I get back home unfortunately (which explains my 3 weeks of absence lol)

Some piccies to follow...

Sending kisses and huggles to all :)

~Jacci~

Guest Donna Jean

Hi, Jacci...**waves**

Nice to see ya here for a bit!

I do hope that you're having a blast down there and get us some pics when you can!

HUGGS

Donna Jean

Guest RainBird
Hi, Jacci...**waves**

Nice to see ya here for a bit!

I do hope that you're having a blast down there and get us some pics when you can!

HUGGS

Donna Jean

Hi Donna, thank you babe! Yeah it's great fun, spending quality time with family I have not seen in at least 8 years :)

Oh yeah.. Here's a pic from Curtis Falls, Mt Tambourine National Park in SE QLD..

Though I'd share one now, couldn't resist hehe :D

3496740056_d6ee3974fc_m.jpg

Large Image

Miss you all, keep the 'Good things in life' thread going! ;)

xoxo

Hey, Jacci,

So glad that all is well, looking forward to getting you back here so we can see more photos.

We had a Thunderstorm of monumental proportions on Saturday - spawning large hail and a few unconfirmed tornadoes - over 8 inches of rain in about two hours, over 2000 cloud to ground lightening strikes recorded in a 45 minute period and collapsing the Dallas Cowboys practice facility during a rookie mini camp.

What is good about that - no one died - one of the scouts suffered a broken back and is paralyzed but still alive - amazing when you realize that the roof collapsed bringing all of the beams down from a height of 80 feet.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Javey

I recorded a CD with a bunch of originals on it. Every one I've talked to today wants a copy :D

So...I thought it would be nice idea to make a thread for happy news. Post a good thing that happend to you today, or anytime. Re-live the good day or just brag about somthing good that happend.

Hmm...me? I got a new webcam! Which means 100% more clearer pictures to take of myself. :lol: I'm so excited.(Shhhh don't say anything to hurt my ego.)

What about YOU?

Guest AshleeB

well im over the moon. ive been struggling with my weight for so so long and never been able to lose anything. Then all of a sudden, i weigh myself this morning and ive dropped 4 kg since my last weigh in (about a month ago) *hi 5's for everybody*

Lots of love!!

Ashlee :wub:

Guest Ashlee

It finally happened...

If anyone read my intro a few months ago, or on my member page, I have wanted to go to a bridal store to try on wedding dresses.

WELL...

not exactly a bridal shop, but I was in my favorite thrift store and there on the rack was a brand new wedding dress from Davids Bridal, in size 16W. Perfect!

I grabbed a shopping cart, put the dress in the cart and wheeled it to the dressing rooms.

That was so awesome!!!

The dress fit me like it was tailored for me. It hugged me and felt sooo incredible. :)

Even though I was stuck in a very small dressing room, with only one mirror, I felt like a bride on her wedding day... :wub:

Ashlee

I so wanted to take it home with me, but at $125, that just was not going to happen... :(