• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Member of an All Women's Group

Guest Rekka

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyndee

• JJ

• Sally

• JenniferB

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MissErika

Yea I know that the va pays for it, I'm just impatient and want to start now....

Oh well, I guess ill just wait till I. Get out.

Thanks girls,

Erika

Guest .Christine Elizabeth.

Eech, your being forced? That's to bad, I would hate to be forced. Though my rents have resigned themselves to the fact I'd rather read math books. But I doubt yours would let up for anything short of actually coming to terms with your gender identity. You could alway try to get kicked off, or show such a talent at something else that the school pressures them to let you switch. I have to say, high school was hard enough before I realized my identity, I cant imagine what it will he like knowing, and being forced to play football. Here's to hoping you can figure some way.

While I am a pacifist, and I disagree with killing, the moment some one gives me cause to need such force, they have made their choice. As for just harming people, what about hunting? Not for sport mind you, but actually using the meat for food. As for your statement about needing, what do you base this fact on? I honestly would like the information so as to analyze it for my own opinion. As far as I'm aware, it's not so much that they feel they need it, it's the fact that they believe they WILL be able to use it so well they can take on anything. It's an ego trip that quite honestly, the mind is strongly favored to make. And prevention is great, but crime isn't something we can make disappear, it's to strongly favored in an evolutionary viewpoint. I can site an example of a simple genetic based artificial intelence evolving "crime" of a sort. Quite frankly, there are to many factors for the often narrow minded policies to do much good for. A gun should be a last resort, and if you treat it as such, then you have done your part, if others do not, that is something you won't be able to change about the wag they think, for the most part. Gun policy is often taken from confirmation biased results and leaders that don't look into both sides.

But I have rambled, I apologies, my thoughts tend to wander when I'm tired.

I know how you feel ashrynn, my dad claims to be supportive, and my mom flat out said she thinks it unnatural and then I see them making fun of a CDer/TGed in front of me and ask why I wasn't laughing. I plan on going to college, going public, and never coming back home. But the never coming back part is due to a multitude of things. As for your mom krisina, it's hard for people to understand what they're not forced to. If you come out and she see's the trouble it causes you, she may lighten up, but my cynicism tells me to doubt it. Most people are engrossed by their own little world, few show true empathy for others. Add to that it's hard to change anothers beliefs, she would have to be forcibly pushed from ignorance.

I know how you feel ashrynn, my dad claims to be supportive, and my mom flat out said she thinks it unnatural and then I see them making fun of a CDer/TGed in front of me and ask why I wasn't laughing. I plan on going to college, going public, and never coming back home. But the never coming back part is due to a multitude of things. As for your mom krisina, it's hard for people to understand what they're not forced to. If you come out and she see's the trouble it causes you, she may lighten up, but my cynicism tells me to doubt it. Most people are engrossed by their own little world, few show true empathy for others. Add to that it's hard to change anothers beliefs, she would have to be forcibly pushed from ignorance.

Guest Ceren

Sometimes I really hate of being a doctor, physician. My job takes the first place before my being but I am a person too.

Unfortunately I cannot pursuade my colleagues to comment here. I have to be in the closet all alone. You are my only true friends who know the real me. But you may ask them by email. Although I didn't have good or any relationship with Dr. Marci Bowers, I think you may ask her.

Ceren

Guest Ceren

Sometimes I really hate of being a doctor, physician. My job takes the first place before my being but I am a person too.

Unfortunately I cannot pursuade my colleagues to comment here. I have to be in the closet all alone. You are my only true friends who know the real me. But you may ask them by email. Although I didn't have good or any relationship with Dr. Marci Bowers, I think you may ask her.

Ceren

Guest Ceren

Ceren

Guest Ceren

Ceren

Guest miss kindheart

Can't you see whats inside thee

Look inside and you'll find glee

Look below look above

Look inside you'll fine the love

:wub: vanna

Krisina,

*Hugs*

Those of us who live in transgender bodies can only do the best we can with what we are given to work with. Just because we have brains that don't match our bodies does not mean we can resist the sex drive or desires we are born with. Only extreme cases of gender dysphoria, before you know you are trans that is, would mess with the natural inclinations of the body we are born in. I think for many of us when we find out why we feel the way we do, its like a light goes off in our head and suddenly things change. Perhaps many of us feel ashamed of our opposite physical sex and having indulged in it previously. I know that for a time I did, but I couldn't help it. I didn't know any different, it was the body I was given.

When I lived as a guy I felt exactly as you did. I couldn't accept the idea of myself being gay. I didn't want to be in a gay relationship... but I didn't really want to be the guy in the relationship either, whether straight or gay. So I tried very hard to do the straight thing until I found out I was trans. Before HRT I was more able to accept my attractions to men and considered myself Bisexual. Post HRT my views began to change with my body and I considered myself pretty much completely straight. Given a choice as my female self I would take a relationship with a man over one with a woman any day.

Our feelings change a bit with our bodies and minds once we start changing our hormones. There is no shame in all the feelings you've had until now, and no shame in all the experiences you've shared. We can only do the best we can in the body we are given and no one can hold your past relationships against you. Being transgender is complicated and confusing. Its extremely hard. As such there is no right or wrong way to live. Even for someone who is not trans that holds true. Perhaps things would have been different if you had known sooner or acted sooner, but things happened the way they happened. Its too late to have regrets, you can't go back now. The best you can do is to make the most of your future as yourself.

Transition is a journey of self discovery. Don't let all the new feelings, or the old ones make you feel bad.

*Hugs*

~Risu

Guest miss kindheart

<< vanna thinks it a nice poem >>

Gosh

<<< hug >>>

I don't know what to say

I don't want to compliment you, if if troubles you Sally

sooooooo :Crylol::thumbsup::harhar:

:wub: vanna

Guest NatashaJade

it sound like right now your mom's just trying to find some way to entice you to remain as you are. Remember, it's going to take some people a lot of getting used to and some will never really be able to let go of who you were. I really recommend bringing your mom along to a counseling session, or to many of them. Have her speak to your therapist and help her to understand how much this means to your well being. Look for support groups in your area such as PFLAG that can help her adjust to your reality. Make her a part of your transition and hopefully she will come around.

xoxo

Guest I-Am-Aiden

thanks for the fast replies.

rabse i've just checked the indro forums and there are some great things there.

And ColinFaber what you said is relly helpfull. I'm going to try them all and see what sounds the best. Thanks.

Guest ramoneskid

Hello! I am an FTM, already on T, and I might be relocating into the Harrisburg area of Pennsylvania at some point in the future. Does anyone know of any resources around there? I am having no luck thus far. It would be a big help if anybody could drop me some info. Thanks much!

Victory through surrender... Who Knew, huh? I used to idly wonder what it would take to "break" me...I found out and was lucky enough to fall into recovery rather than into the Abyss... I suppose under different circumstances I could have could have made the choice your sister did.

My condolences to you and your loved ones.

In your story what stands out to me was coming to understand that weakness wasn't the issue in spite of what your family tried to tell you. Its ok to be weak, if we have healthy responses to life's challenges. Only by becoming weak and needy did I come to understand that I could trust people and rely on them. When I was a mighty oak tree my relationships were superficial and kept at arms length because if they got too close they might discover that the mighty Oak was hollow and a facade. Underneath the manly Oak was a scare confused Two Spirit human who could not afford to let people get too close. Only by getting uprooted because of my stubbornness and oaklike inflexibility did I have a chance to change. Today I understand that its ok to bend rather than break. I also understand that its ok to be me rather than who people say I should be.

Two hours ago I was talking to a relapsed friend who is ashamed to go back to AA because of what people will think. I tried to help him understand that the problem isn't what people think, its what he thinks they think. Our own egos' kill as surely as alcohol does... Too proud to ask for help...too proud to go back to AA...As you know, either one can take you out.

I wish you and your loved ones healing

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sabrina Esmeralda

Yes, especially before I faced myself and realised that it's just who I am and that I wasn't doing something wrong or deliberetly hurting anyone. Except for myself, for trying to deny it.

I'm okay with me now, but kind of like Jaded said; the outside world tells us that it's something to be ashamed of.

I'm learning to pay less attention to the evil people in theoutsideworld and more to the people that matter to me and those who like me for who I am.

Guest Sabrina Esmeralda

Yes, especially before I faced myself and realised that it's just who I am and that I wasn't doing something wrong or deliberately hurting anyone. Except for myself, for trying to deny it.

I'm okay with me now, but kind of like Jaded said; the outside world tells us that it's something to be ashamed of.

I'm learning to pay less attention to the evil people in the outside world and more to the people that matter to me and those who like me for who I am. I would very much like to enjoy my life without needing to be ashamed of what insignificant others might think.

Guest Vince1995

One of my BIGGEST fears, is that when I get a gender therapist, he/she will say I do not have gender dysphoria and not let me start testosterone/SRS. I don't know ANYTHING about gender therapy, what they do, sessions, how they decide, etc., but I fear this. It has been one of my greatest fears since I realized you could change your gender; I know I have gender dysphoria, and really want to transition - one of my greatest desires.

Does anyone else have this fear?

Can anyone help lay my fears to rest?

Sorry, I'm just a silly teenage boy, worrying about the oddest things. /: