• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

[g.a.s] Regrets..there Are A Few

Guest Zenda

Something Positive...

I can tell all,that this is Oh So Right For Me.

The feelings of absolute calm and certainty of following the right path have not diminished one iota.

I finally feel at one with the world...Happy all the time,smiling continually.

There are physical as well as mental changes and emotionally as well.

And i do not regret my decision even at it's extremely high personal and emotional cost.

I have adjusted to living as a woman,relishing the daily opportunities to interact as my real self.

And i still have a long way to go to be ready when i am finally told my time has come for surgery.

Sure,i have been laughed at and stared at...But that is the cost of being whole.

I guarantee one thing...By the time this journey reaches it's forgone conclusion...I will have tough skin.

LOL For Real.

Hugs,

Angie.

Kia Ora girls,

If you've read the link with an open mind it should make you THINK [that was it's purpose] and hopefully burst any gender eurphoric bubble before it gets too big and block out life after transition-which sadly for some that's what happens...but most importantly 'DON'T TAKE THE CONTENTS OF THE LINK PERSONALLY' no two trans people's experiences are exactly the same...For those of you who choose not to read it...In a nut shell what she was saying was LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP [be it slightly more gruesome than my summary]...that's all nothing more nothing less....

I could write something really positive like when you transition ALL WILL BE HUNKY DORY...but I would be bullsh...ing if I did...Your transition will be just that...YOUR PERSONAL transition...Which might be transeasy transnormal or transdifficult or a bit of each-only time will tell...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE live it for at least a couple of years giving yourself time to work through the different levels of comfort zone-once you have reached the ideal comfort level then 'CELEBRATE' if that's what you want to do...

I started this post to try and highlight the pit falls of rushing into have life changing surgery when not fully prepared...not to scare people, just to make sure they are FULLY aware of what they were getting into and the importance of the RLE...If you think GAS is going to be the 'be all and end all' to all your problems...then you are having it for all the wrong reasons...you should feel comfortable with yourself well before thinking seriously of having major surgery...Surgery can make life for those who have not prepared themselves 'hell'...if not hell verrrrrrrrrrrrry regrettable...

On a more positive note...REMEMBER many trans women have no choice but to remain trans 'identified' even after surgery [including facial surgery] and they lead verrrrrrry suscessful contented lives...Some choose not to transition...they find ways to cope- be it by crossdressing or living a somewhat androgynous life style...It all boils down to what makes you feel 'COMFORTABLE' and what you feel is possible...It ok to be OPTIMISTIC but whatever you do it pays to be REALISTIC with your expectations...

Metta Jendar

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Darrel

I found most of it to be bull. If women are born women, then why call them men? I hate when people are disrespectful with the pronouns -- especially other transsexuals.

As for bottom surgery, I am sure those statistics are wrong. There's nothing wrong with wanting a complete feeling, either. Who wants to keep genitals that they don't connect to?

She did more bashing than was called for, in my opinion. It's great to get the facts out there, but it could have been done without assuming emotions and actions of all the readers.

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty interesting I feel bad for the people who regret SRS I hope I don't regret it, when I do all the transitioning process I will not rush trying to get the surgery I do not want a mistake and regret it. I hope everything becomes better for them and everyone. When I hear things like that I feel bad and I want to know that for me it is not just me going on impulse and from what I know about me it isn't.