• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The People Who Deserve To Be Annoyed....

Guest Chrissie

Guest Alyssa Leigh
What about the

In a hurry to go nowhere maniacal Driver we've all seen this person, especially in towns they are driving 30 mph faster than everyone else, weaving between lanes passing everyone, taking the stupidest chances to get wherever the hell they are going.

The in a hurry tailgatter: These are the ones that see that there is two lanes and insist on tailgating you and when they get peed enough pass just to get that red light! That always makes my day!

Guest van-na

Hi Chrissie,

<<hug>>

It is with some reluctance that I post this, but here goes. You did ask for my opinion of this, and I want to give you my honest opinion. I hope that I don't offend anyone. Putting something under the name of a joke does not necessarily make it a joke. Truthfully I failed to see the joke here. The people you describe are very real people that most all of us have witnessed in real life. I use to be annoyed by people just like the ones that you describe, surely we all have. But since I traded all of my Testosterone for Estrogen I find that I am not an aggressive person. Now when I get in the slow line at the grocery store I just kick back and read one of the many woman's magazines that are always there. I use to rant and rave about Women drivers, but hey, now I am one<<happy smile>>. As for religion I do not joke, cause most people take their religious beliefs very seriously. As for the teen talking it up with a cell phone, I wish they had them when I was a kid. I have one now , but I don't really have any friends to talk to. Any way it sounds to me like you are letting some of the small things in life annoy you, get with your Dr. and up your daily dose of Estrogen :lol: you'll be happier.

And next time make a long joke short, don't tell it :P

with love from, vanna

Just a word from a very old observer of human nature: Lighten up, Everybody!

Jokes are just that - jokes!

Almost all jokes are offensive to someone - if you are the one slipping on the banana peel, it ain't funny, but to everyone else....

We need to learn to see the humor in ourselves.

A while back they made a very bad movie loosely based on the Mr. Magoo cartoon character - a little old man who was so near sighted that he named his cat Rover and tickeled an upside down footstool thinking that it was his dog.

When this was going to be released a group representing the vision impaired tried to stop it's release.

My mother's eye sight has always been bad, but she loved Mr. Magoo comics and the cartoons voiced by Jim Backus (Mr. Howell on Gilligan's Island) she can't recognise me from more than ten feet away now and still thinks Magoo is funny.

If a group of movie critic's had wanted to stop its release, I would have understood.

We need to take a good long look at ourselves, we're pretty funny - all people are.

I'm Irish and I like Irish jokes - because they are funny!

Example:

Pat, "Have you seen Shawn?"

Mike, "Not recently, he saw a bllboard that said 'Drink Canada Dry' - So he went!"

I saw myself in a couple of those annoying people and I know that I need to do a little better but I can laugh at them even if I am laughing at myself.

We need to see the humor in ourselves, if you can and you can truly laugh at yourself then you can never be mean spirited in a joke about anyone.

Remember this is coming from a 6'4" 338 pound MTF - I can look in the mirror in the morning and laugh at that reflection in a nightgown and badly needing a shave, so I do - it gets me going and makes me shave!

Love ya and reserve the right to laugh with you even when you are laughing at yourself,

Sally

Guest van-na

Hi Chrissie,

<< hug >>

Some times I get sooooo carrieddddddddddd awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I forgot that girls just wanna have fun.

I'm sorry.

love, vanna

• 8 months later...
Guest uscgvet
Sorry Chrissie, but I disagree with you. I think we should try to be kind and treat everyone with respect.

April

I like to be nice too, but respect can sometimes be lost by someone's actions or words. I will treat anyone with the basic respect all humans deserve, UNTIL that person behaves so badly as to lose my respect. If we give up this option, the "respect" loses its meaning and purpose.

Guest Robin Winter
The Bible Banger everyone has seen this specimen as well... These are the Individuals who use the Bible, almost always, to justify their actions and spouting verses out of context which support their Abuse of others. Traits are fanatical devotion to the bible and its teachings without being aware of True Meanings of the Wisdom within it. Seeks out individuals or groups which differ from it to attack, Empty almost devoid of thought expressions when confronted with Intelligence,Logic or Superior knowledge of the Bible.. WARNING: IS PRONE TO VIOLENCE AND ACTS OF STUPIDITY WHEN TRAVELING IN PACKS.

Have you been hanging out on Sodahead too?? :lol:

The Over Eager Under Informed Obviously Commissioned Salesperson (Pimples Optional) These are usually found in electronic stores that carry a number of name brands and the one that you never heard of which carries the biggest sales incentive for the salesperson. This will be the only piece of equipment in the entire store that this individual can or will talk about - just leave, you can not win, just buy the 'Sunny' brand and wish forever that you had held out for the 'Sony'!

I love these guys. They always spew a bunch of jabber that sounds technical IF you're completely ignorant of the product you're looking to purchase. I've slapped them down for this on numerous occasions. Specifically at Radio Shack.

Vehicular Seismic Stereophonic Thumper usually a teenager or young adult, almost certainly deaf (or soon to be...) this individual's presence can be heard and felt from upwards of half a mile. Plays music that someone who's brain is still firmly attached in their skull wouldn't be caught dead listening to, at such a volume that it can push other cars around it. WARNING: THE VEHICULAR SEISMIC STEREOPHONIC THUMPER IS DEADLY TO INDIVIDUALS WITH WEAK HEARTS AND PACEMAKERS AT DISTANCES UNDER 200 YARDS/METERS AND IS DANGEROUS TO HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT PROTECTION AT DISTANCES BETWEEN 2 AND 20 YARDS/METERS. :huh: hey wait a minute thats the size of a street... :unsure:

One of these days, I WILL be present when the very last bit of rust is shaken loose and the car falls apart. Then, my life will be complete and I'll be able to die fulfilled ^_^

Guest Miss Aeryn

The Bleeding Heart Liberals that turn Folks who go around saying 'Softly, softly, it's not the criminals fault, it's society's, please don't upset anybody' then who get mugged/robbed and turn into frothing rabid death-penalty advocating conservatives completely forgetting their pacifist roots. Hilarious to talk to at parties and watch them dig their own large holes.

McMansion Home Buyers who complain that interest rates are rising and how 'Woe is me the Struggling Battler/Home Owner' when their home has 3 bathrooms that are not used, 4 bedrooms that gather dust, the dining room that's used for parties once a year thereby justifying the $10k dinner suite, since they decided to stuff the biggest house they could borrow onto every square inch of land, park the leased BMW out the front, and just bought the 60" LCD flatscreen just to keep up with the Jones'es. (see also I've Got Every Technological Gimmick and I'm still Depressed)

Vehicular Seismic Stereophonic Thumper (Rattler Variety) usually a teenager or young adult, almost certainly deaf (or soon to be...) this individual's presence can be heard and felt from upwards of half a mile. Plays music that someone who's brain is still firmly attached in their skull wouldn't be caught dead listening to, at such a volume that it can push other cars around it. And is completely oblivious to the fact that hearing the car go past on the outside all the pedestrian/observer can hear is the number plate buzzing, the boot rattling and every second panel vibrating quite noticibly. Oh, and has put 20" rims and a killer stereo when the rims and hi-fi cost 3 times as much as the car's value. Hilarious :)

I've Got Every Technological Gimmick and Heavily Depressed Fanboys buys every cutting edge piece of technology/gimmick/toy that comes out yet last smiled in 1988. Either a frothing Machead or PC follower till Death Do Us Part. Man.

Guest julia_d

The Push In When There Is A Long Queue Had one of these on Friday. Why do they get annoyed when other people pull them up about the blatant rudeness?

The Walk Right At You When You Have Nowhere To Go These really get me. They can see you have nowhere to move to but still shove right through you swearing. I find a well aimed back heel to the ankle as they barge past works well.

The Rush To Get In Front Then Stop They do it deliberately.. I swear they do. They especially seem attracted to doorways where they stand talking to their friends completely oblivious to everybody trying to get in or out.

Guest Joanna Phipps
Have you been hanging out on Sodahead too?? :lol:

I love these guys. They always spew a bunch of jabber that sounds technical IF you're completely ignorant of the product you're looking to purchase. I've slapped them down for this on numerous occasions. Specifically at Radio Shack.

One of these days, I WILL be present when the very last bit of rust is shaken loose and the car falls apart. Then, my life will be complete and I'll be able to die fulfilled ^_^

When I used to live in Nanaimo, I nearly got banned from future shop and some other computer stores for making their pimply faced sales staff look like idiots. I could and often did talk circles around them. One manager asked what I thought I was doing, I told him "Answering questions that your sales kids cant or wont. If you like the job I'm doing for you why not hire me and watch you sales skyrocket" He responded by telling me to leave the store, about 10 customers followed me.

Guest Joanna Phipps
Still, not as bad as

Not in a hurry to go anywhere gormless Driver it's a bright, clear day, not a cloud in the sky, nice, wide-open roads...well, it would be if it weren't for the moron going at least half the speed limit, completely bemused by their surroundings and not understanding why they have caused a queue a mile long behind them. Even worse are those that go 40 in a 60, yet still go 40 in a 30. I don't understand...really....I can't...

the I'm going to do road limit in front of you not behind you the kind that do 90 to go round you then stand on the brakes to come back to road limit

My exit is in 1/2 mile so I'm going to pass you the fool that does 100 to over take you then stands on the brakes and does a hard right to get into the off ramp