• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

OMG!  I sure never thought i’d ever see this in the US.  Where is the military?  These people are leading an insurrection .  Time to take action and round them all up.  I dont care whose side you are on his is wrong.

Willow

• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Willow said:

I sure never thought i’d ever see this in the US.

Me neither. It's like the start of a techno-thriller, yet somehow dumber. If my country is going to be overthrown I DEMAND at least a platoon of highly-trained and well-equipped soldiers. This is embarrassing. I sincerely hope that they don't manage to kill anyone and they're rounded up by the proper authorities.

Where is the military?

Originally refused by the pentagon. The DC NG got authorization to deploy around 4pm EST today. Virginia deployed a bit earlier. The FBI is also on the scene in full riot gear since about 3:30pm EST.

Time to take action and round them all up.

Yes. This is disgraceful behavior.

I don't care whose side you are on his is wrong.

Agreed. The pictures I've seen show them defacing the congressional chambers. It feels a little like 9/11 when I had to process, "What's happening? Is this real?" all over again. Tragically it is is real and our country is in very poor shape if we allow this to continue.

Hugs!

• Root Admin

My God!

what is worrying for those of us in the UK is that another couple of weeks and this could be us as the current inept muppet allegedly running this country could facing the same issue!

thoughts are with you guys. Be safe.

• Forum Moderator

Dear @Ann W.  I am sorry to hear your mother has passed.  My thoughts are with you now.  

• Forum Moderator

@Ann WI am so sorry to hear about your Mom.

@MmindyI had a pure blooded Chocolate point Siamese that was name  PI-waker Devil cat. He was so sweet.  talked way to much.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

@MmindyI had a pure blooded Chocolate point Siamese that was name  PI-waker Devil cat. He was so sweet.  talked way to much.

Siamese do that. I had a tortoiseshell named Ivy. She was... loud. In her waning years she was really, really loud. She was also blind. She may have been going for echolocation.

Now I have a Snowshoe. He's less loud, but still pretty loud. Especially at 3am when he wants me to get up and turn the bathtub on so he can have a drink out of it.

Actually the cat I had when I moved into the house was a domestic shorthair. He was all black with just a few white hairs on his chest. Oh the pipes he had... I named him Banshee and, unfortunately, I apparently trained him to sound off whenever he wanted something. Clean his box? Yowl like he was dying. Hungry? Yowl like he was dying. Thirsty? Yowl like he was dying. Wanted pettings? Yowl like he was dying. You happened to be sleeping on the side he wanted to lay on? Yowl like he was dying.

Goddess, I miss that little jerk.

Hugs!

Crazy to see all this -crap- going down in my backyard basically.  Round them all up and charge them with sedition.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I had a tortoiseshell named Ivy. She was... loud.

A few years back, we adopted a 17-year-old long-haired black kitty named Riley.  He was being bullied in the shelter, and we knew that no one else would adopt him because of his age.  He was a very good-natured kitty.  And he could sing like Pavarotti!!  Especially at 2 am!  I miss him, except at 2 am.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Ann W said:

my mother passed away last night and I'm really sad...

@Ann W I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom passing away. 

My Father's untimely passing taught me:

The pain of #grief is equal too, but not greater than, the #love you have for the deceased. #Prayers of #Comfort

The grief hurts so hard because you loved hard. Take this time to lean on the people around you. Also contact your therapist for grief counseling. 

Hugs,

Mindy???

Wow. I hadn’t realized how long it had been since I checked this site, 6 pages of stuff to catch up on! A belated Happy New Years to everyone. Just got a brand new nephew about a week ago. Been a good start to the year so far. Got my new insurance at the beginning of the year so yay!

Have a wonderful night everyone! 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, JustineM said:

new insurance at the beginning of the year so yay!

Congratulations Aunt Justine, this is good news plus insurance. Yay.

Happy New Year 2021

Mindy???

My parents respecting my decision not to have the SRS to this day.Asked me I would change my decision and said no,said they respect my decision still

I want to thank you all for your kindness and virtual hugs.  I guess I'm not so alone in this world.  I'm so impressed with the quality of hearts and minds here on this site.  In fact, I'm finding trans people in general to be some of the kindest souls I've met.  I'm proud to be among you.

Thank you again my friends,

Ann

?

Yesterday, I have to pick up some prescriptions for my wife, from our GP. When I got there They weren't ready and I had to wait a few minutes.When I got called to the receptionist window our doctor standing there with his receptionists. We talked for a few minutes about how the family's doing then just out of the blue he asked if was using a different name. I just replies. Yes, Elizabeth. He then turned towards one of the girls and asked her to update my file with my correct name. Well actually he said to update the name on 'his' file. I'll correct the pronoun issue next time I see them. A few minutes after I returned to work I got a call from my doctor's office. It was one of the girls. She had forgotten to give me one of the scripts. What amazed me was that she immediately used my correct name when asking for me. So, I'm officially out to me GP. I don't expect to have any issues with them. Their philosophy is based on improving the quality of life. Accepting myself and transitioning is definitely improving mine.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

Yesterday, I have to pick up some prescriptions for my wife, from our GP. When I got there They weren't ready and I had to wait a few minutes.When I got called to the receptionist window our doctor standing there with his receptionists. We talked for a few minutes about how the family's doing then just out of the blue he asked if was using a different name. I just replies. Yes, Elizabeth. He then turned towards one of the girls and asked her to update my file with my correct name. Well actually he said to update the name on 'his' file. I'll correct the pronoun issue next time I see them. A few minutes after I returned to work I got a call from my doctor's office. It was one of the girls. She had forgotten to give me one of the scripts. What amazed me was that she immediately used my correct name when asking for me. So, I'm officially out to me GP. I don't expect to have any issues with them. Their philosophy is based on improving the quality of life. Accepting myself and transitioning is definitely improving mine.

That is freaking awesome. I had to change mine legally before my medical team (barring my endo, U of M was great... mostly) stopped outing me in front of rooms of people. Congratulations!

Hugs!

@ElizabethStar This is fantastic to hear. I've found that medical practices in general are pretty sensitive to this issue. When I told mine I was going by Audrey and she/her pronouns they were quick to adopt the change and told me that if they did use the other name or wrong pronouns that I should speak up and correct them. I haven't had to do this much, which is great. Their internal pharmacy even puts my preferred name on the prescription bottle, a wonderful thing after the local pharmacy gave me a hassle about why I'd been prescribed hormones (so I never went back). My doctor's office also said they would only use the other name when billing insurance, until it's changed legally. I'm hopeful your GP will be sensitive to your pronouns too.

@Ann W ?

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone

What a terrible thing we witnessed yesterday .  I never thought I'd see that in this country.

@ElizabethStar So happy for you.  I have received the same treatment with my doctors as well.  I think it reflects just how sensitive and caring they are.

My wife told me yesterday that she was depressed.  I am a large part of it.  I asked her if there was anything I could do or not do to alleviate her depression.  She replied that there was not.  I do my best trying to avoid any sort of in your face.  She tells me she can see my breasts growing.  I have gotten out a cloth tape and measured them like you would if being fitted for a bra.  up to now I could deny any growth but I'd have to say she is right.  its not a lot but its there.  Most of us would be jumping up and down for joy, including me.  But I really have to watch myself so I don't push her too far.

Enjoying my coffee.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Liz, that is great to here. About 90% of my providers at the VA. Use my preferred name and pronouns. It is great walking into the womans  clinic.  I get "how can I  help you, Ma'am"  getting  called Kymmie when called back to see the Dr. Is a great feeling. 

Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator

Most of us would be jumping up and down for joy, including me.

You've got to be careful with that. It's really uncomfortable unless you've got support.

Hugs!

@Willow I'm certainly not qualified to talk about life long relationships, but I cannot agree with the assessment: 

4 hours ago, Willow said:

she was depressed.  I am a large part of it

Yes, you trying to be your real self impacts her and her world. You are not being who she wants you to be. But I don't think it is fair of her to ask you to be who she wants you to be. You may be part of something she struggles with, but I don't think you are to blame for her depression. For what you've shared you already compromise on your needs to acomodate hers. Maybe it is her time to face the fact that you are becoming yourself, and if she is open to it your relationship can improve and be closer. That is up to her, though. She can choose to see this as something bad or as a beautiful oportunity.

Not an easy situation any way. Sending you my support

• Forum Moderator

@Jackie C. ROTFL. Trust me I could jump off a small wall and not need support right now.  However, due to the sensitivity of my breasts i do need to wear a bra to prevent chaffing.

@Gabriel thank you for your support and thoughts.  In case i said part of my earlier in a confusing way, it was her words that i am a big part of her depression not my thoughts.  I am not going to, and couldn’t  turn everything off if i wanted to.  I had in mind little things to help her.  

I am technically out to people that it would be far more difficult for both of us to just stop, saying, sorry just  a mistake or whatever.  A percentage of our church has seen me numerous times alone and with my wife.  

I feel in her case it is an illness and just as i would do whatever i could to help her with the flu, so should i do what i can to help her with depression. I know well what depression is like having been diagnosed with severe depressive disorder. And i am still on strong anti-depressants and i know it doesn't take much for it to come back.  

Hugs

Willow