• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

This got me thinking. I was never asked my pronouns when I started my job. Everyone just assumed they should use he/him with me. Obviously, they were wrong. That’s what they get for assuming.

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

This got me thinking. I was never asked my pronouns when I started my job. Everyone just assumed they should use he/him with me. Obviously, they were wrong. That’s what they get for assuming.

Yeah, that should really be normalized. I've never been asked for my pronouns during a job interview either, but that might just be because I live in the Midwest. The wheels of progress are turning... but they sure don't turn quickly.

Hugs!

Found out one of my ex-coworkers is coming back on Monday. He'll be there as a consultant to try to reorganize and streamline the processes of one of our departments. This ought to be interesting since he hasn't seen me in over 10 years and as far as I'm aware has no idea about my changes or that I even still work there. I'm thinking I'll wear my favorite green dress and heels. Ya know, just so there's no confusion about who I am.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Found out one of my ex-coworkers is coming back on Monday. He'll be there as a consultant to try to reorganize and streamline the processes of one of our departments. This ought to be interesting since he hasn't seen me in over 10 years and as far as I'm aware has no idea about my changes or that I even still work there. I'm thinking I'll wear my favorite green dress and heels. Ya know, just so there's no confusion about who I am.

Good plan. You are you and that's that. No need to bring it up or explain anything. 

I mean I'd probably answer (most) questions if he asked, but seriously. It's wicked fun to just continue being yourself with somebody you absolutely know who keeps trying to re-introduce themselves. Have fun with it!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

I haven’t made my coffee yet but soon.  I’m just laying on the couch listening to the rain and thunder. I love that.  It’s a little different hearing it on the boat.

I restarted my hormones this week. I am feeling a sensitivity already.  I see a new therapist in two weeks.

I’ll let you know about that.

hugs. 

Willow

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Ya know, just so there's no confusion about who I am.

Liz, you are you. Elizabeth Star. pure and simple.  But I do agree that your green dress and heels would solidify that.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

New milestone today: I had my first guy who would NOT take no for an answer. I have no earthly idea what about me had him all hot and bothered, but he would not leave me alone. So... yay for womanhood but now I feel like a need a shower. Ew.

Hugs!

5 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I'm thinking I'll wear my favorite green dress and heels. Ya know, just so there's no confusion about who I am.

You are positively wicked (evil chuckle!)

4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

New milestone today: I had my first guy who would NOT take no for an answer. I have no earthly idea what about me had him all hot and bothered, but he would not leave me alone. So... yay for womanhood but now I feel like a need a shower. Ew.

Hugs!

At least he has good taste in women. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

At least he has good taste in women. 

There's that, but it's weird to keep getting hit on by guys who look like my dad. I'd have been fine with it, but he just kept pushing. I mean, "I'm married and I'm gay. Go away," should have been the end of it, right?

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I mean, "I'm married and I'm gay. Go away," should have been the end of it, right?

Seems like it.

5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

"I'm married and I'm gay. Go away," should have been the end of it, right?

That just puts you solidly in the "hard to get" category, which some men take as a challenge.

I don't want to provide pronouns at work until I stop doing guy mode on the random occasions they make me go in. 

Good evening everyone.  Had a nice 2 mile hike with the family today, now I'm trying to figure out why I'm so tired LOL

@Vidanjali @Jandi @MetaLicious

His attempted claim is stemming from the fact that he got called out for CONSTANTLY calling me Mister and Sir.  I would literally ask him multiple times every time we talked to please stop calling me that.  I was getting pissed so one of the supervisors pulled him in the office and talked to him off the record.  The next day another guy accidentally called me dude, though he has actually been trying.  So he is trying to claim that me and the supervisor "singled him out"  He apparently DID talk to a lawyer but "didn't want to spend more than the $350" he already had.  Funny though he hasn't misgendered me since.  So he wanted to get the lawyer to force me and the company to make a big public spectacle of my transition. which is not going to happen, while I am proud of the woman I'm becoming I am in no way going to be a dang zoo specimen.

1 hour ago, JustineM said:

while I am proud of the woman I'm becoming I am in no way going to be a dang zoo specimen.

You go girl! I love your attitude!

Zoo specimen?

We are all specimens.

We aren't the only ones here.

As we learn and gaze more of what is out there, someone else is gazing back.

What then will we do when we find that someone who is looking at us also?

Only you can answer for your self. 

Well my answer is, I'm so young in this universe, I have no clue.

So now we are on earth, well back on earth in my mind anyway,

so I'm thinking....-what the heck-.....the meds did this,,,,I swear, it wasn't me.

So my last post on a reply to specimens is............I'm a prime example of....sniffles.....-what the heck-

Love, LM❤️

Free.jpg

I sent a letter to someone I trust 

I wonder if it was read.

I'm a mess so I've been told,

No one sees what I have done

I feel at times I'm all alone

Sometimes I like it that way,

When the crowd bites me away

I feel it is just, just,

Another Day.

LM p 2011~12 Rock Girl (I love rock and roll do ya wanna rock and roll with me).jpg

LM zf 2011~12  little me (Hey lets jump on stage).jpg

When you are all alone, with thoughts in your head,

wondering, was I thinking out loud? did anyone hear me?

And you realize.....why should I care...

after all, no one else does......................... 

LM❤️

thumbnail_LM zr2011_12 Wizzard Me.jpg

Ever wonder why 

Sometimes I wonder too much.

I have seemed to shut myself off to the world.

I don't really know why, I know I'm angry, I just don't know why.

LM❤️

thumbnail_LM zt2011_12 In the Bush (I was looking for that pot of gold).jpg

When you are out there, and introduce your pets to the new you...gosh the life we live..

LM❤️

thumbnail_LM zp2011_12 Yorkie (My Yorkie and little me) 2010.jpg

When you are out there scared, and feel all alone,

sometimes, the ocean , with the roaring as the waves hit,

sends you back to to your mission, and .....

When you are out there scared, and feel all alone,

sometimes, the ocean , with the roaring as the waves hit,

sends you back to to your mission, and .....it pushes you along.

LM c 2011~12 in Galveston.jpg

When you realize you are nothing but a picture, and you just want to be left alone.

Part of you wants to scream  leave me alone, yet part of you says yes, take the shot, 

All at the same time, 

Julie Allison and LindaMarie.jpg

Good morning, get to go to work so early this morning that tea will be made there. But maybe later I get to come out to a college friend over brunch. 

As I finish my short story...this is what happens to us old ones...

Start out fresh, young and full of life, then this happens.....

We grow old and battle weary, and tired.

All I can say is life goes on, with or with out us, but, 

who else but us will carry this torch?..

Is it really a torch? Well my friends,

For me it is a light to lead my way, My light.

My way.

Why am I here? Honestly, I don't know why. 

Might be I'm trying to say, embrace your life, embrace those around you, I don't know. I have no answers. 

Life is short, and the shorter it gets, the more you see...and you realize.............

Why the hell didn't I realize all this 20+ years ago!!!!!

Love to all

LM❤️

LM Hello little me.jpg

Today30C.jpg