• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, Hugs for all.

The coffee is HOT, black, and strong. Never Bitter.:coffee:

This is my first week working form home and not because of COVID-19.

My business partner and I are paring down the company overhead, and winding down the business. Yesterday was my 65th birthday, I'm telling everyone I only have a 1 year, and 5 months to full retirement. I'm also on Medicare now and that opens up a full range of treatment options for my as Mindy. I'm no longer on my wife's insurance and the Christian Based network they used for healthcare. I'm going to be full open to all of the people on my care team that I'm MtF transitioning and wish to have them fully aware. My Suzie is afraid of what will happen to our relationship, as well as how the extended family will treat us.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe.

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

My business partner and I are paring down the company overhead, and winding down the business. Yesterday was my 65th birthday, I'm telling everyone I only have a 1 year, and 5 months to full retirement. I'm also on Medicare now and that opens up a full range of treatment options for my as Mindy. I'm no longer on my wife's insurance and the Christian Based network they used for healthcare. I'm going to be full open to all of the people on my care team that I'm MtF transitioning and wish to have them fully aware. My Suzie is afraid of what will happen to our relationship, as well as how the extended family will treat us.

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

congratulations!

Congrats to Mindy on retirement. I retired during the middle of covid, what a nightmare, but all is settled now.

Women's clothing, after 20+ years I've learned one thing, and my wife said it best...welcome to our world trying to

find something that fits. I mean you really like what you see, but getting it to fit? Sometimes you get lucky,

sometimes you don't. My wife has the same problem.

Moving on, yeah, moving on, where do I go from here? I'm thinking, let the day decide where I'm going.

Take care.

LM❤️

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY @Mmindy ! ❤️

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

congratulations!

Thank you, ?

5 hours ago, LindaMarie said:

Congrats to Mindy on retirement. I retired during the middle of covid, what a nightmare, but all is settled now.

Women's clothing, after 20+ years I've learned one thing, and my wife said it best...welcome to our world trying to

find something that fits. I mean you really like what you see, but getting it to fit? Sometimes you get lucky,

sometimes you don't. My wife has the same problem.

Moving on, yeah, moving on, where do I go from here? I'm thinking, let the day decide where I'm going.

Take care.

LM❤️

Thank you, ?

5 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY @Mmindy ! ❤️

Thank you, ?

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I’m currently caffeinating.  Hot, black Givalia Columbian.

Well, for any doubters here, I got my transplanted Diesel engine to run yesterday.  Oil, check; cooling water, check; fresh fuel, check; warning system, working and silent when running, check!  I’m not ready to motor for hours yet, but the initial test was good.  Next I have to make certain the alignment with the transmission in gear is as good as I think it is.  If that checks, the engine is good to go.

I haven’t seen any thing from my medical insurance either approving or denying my surgery.  I guess we continue to plan on it happening before thanksgiving.

I hope everyone has a good day.

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

I’m currently caffeinating.  Hot, black Givalia Columbian

Good morning Willow,

I'm watching the steam rise from my mug of HOT black coffee:coffee: as I type this. As I read through the Diesel engine check, when I came to the "running silent", immediately visualized you in a submarine.

Stay positive and safe.

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

I hope you have a nice day also Willow. I don't doubt you on your boat.

Nothing going on in my neck of the mountains. Just another cold day.

• Forum Moderator

@WillowGood thing you are not in Colorado. They are holding off on all elective surgeries. Covid is ramped down there.

Black coffee, a shivering yuck. I have to have mine sweet. Me and the wife actually the wife is, we bought our middle son a 2004 Yukon XL 2500. He currently is driving our 2000 Explorer. but now with 3 kiddos. one in a booster and 2 in car seats. he could use the extra room. However, he has said he doesn't want a full size suv. (A 3/4 ton Yukon is about as full size as you can get.) We figure if he doesn't want it we will keep it. It is a damn nice truck.

I proposed a visit to see our oldest around Xmas. He has to talk to the wife. I have this weird feeling that I will be staying home. OH, Well. I am getting to the point of just saying F it. and F him. putting him out of my life. He has just about done it to me. I never get any texts from him I always have to start. I haven't gotten any photos of my grandkids or the whole family in over 2 years. Where my wife gets stuff all the time. It is heartbreaking.

Have a happy day, all.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL we have the same issue.  Our kids never call their mother, they call me.  Same with pictures. Yet it’s not a situation like you have with your oldest.

tried to buy an outfit to wear to the hospital for my surgery two weeks from today.  Has to be easy on easy off, feminine and fall. I bought a dress but it’s too small, so I will take it back.  I did get a pair of flats that fit and look nice.  Got the usual pre appointment call today.

not that I am looking to change my gender markers but I have no idea if this surgery even qualifies.  Anybody know how far you have to go?

Well i did it i pretty much told my sister that if she dont like me the way i am  so be itshe just dont get it mite some day who knows  i am changing and if people dont like me for who i am that is there loss i am allright with iti am doing what i want to do and that is it 

Good morning.

A couple of days ago my partner was feeling good enough to get out of the house so she decided to go over our friends house, I met her there after work. The conversations there are always so interesting. It's also how I'm able to talk about things with my partner without them getting explosive. When I arrived, our friend pulled me aside, with her makeup bag in hand, and proceeded to "fix" my makeup. Apparently I stand out because I look a little too plain. I did look nicer when she was done but it's going to add precious minutes to my morning routine. Someone brought politics, i brought up how the trans community is starting to lose their rights in some states. The topic quickly jumped right away to bathroom laws. My partner mentioned how she was thrown off the first time she saw me come out of the ladies room. I went on to openly talk about the sexual dysfunction HRT has caused for me and how common it is for trans women. My partner tried to give a look of disappointment but It's been years since we've "fooled around" so I fail to understand what the real problem is.

Last night I had a work related dinner. My employer want to show his appreciation for my department and all that we do. It was my first time out in a public setting like this in a long time. Out of the gate our server called me Miss. I think it was first time anyone called me Miss. I was the only woman in our group so just being there felt a little awkward for me. And after looking around the table at the 17 different men to choose from, there is now absolutely no doubt in my mind...I'm gay.

9 hours ago, rachel w said:

Well i did it i pretty much told my sister that if she dont like me the way i am  so be itshe just dont get it mite some day who knows  i am changing and if people dont like me for who i am that is there loss i am allright with iti am doing what i want to do and that is it 

Good for you.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Happy Veterans Day or Remembrance Day.  Thank you to all who have served.

Willow Sgt USAF 

@rachel w I'm proud of you! you go gurl!

@Elizabeth Star did you ever doubt that? 

I am starting to question my own sexuality though.  I've never been attracted to men, in fact, I could never understand how anyone is. That always included myself. I was always amazed anyone "wanted me" physically when I posed as a man most of my life.  The male anatomy to me is outright gross.  However, I've always wondered what it would "feel" like to be "penetrated" as a woman, especially now that I'm closer to having the right parts.  I still feel like a "man being on me" would make me throw up though.  Here's where things start to get weird for me though, I can finally see why people are attracted to certain men.  As I've transitioned and been hanging out with more women as one of the girls, I can see through their eyes more.  So, is it that I am just becoming more open to the attractiveness in all humans or have I just suppressed and rejected my attraction to men because I buried and rejected my female nature most of my life?  Is my abhorrence of "maleness" just a rejection of all those traits that I hated about myself?  Psychology is Soooo interesting.

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

Willow Sgt USAF 

Thank you for the sentiments and your service:

Sp4 Bri Morgan

US Army 84-88

UH-1D Crew Chief

BC13716F-A45D-4F06-851E-265AEE5ACF99_1_105_c.jpeg.5190b8b65a4620db60f03d822bc46f42.jpeg5ED02A54-F151-4F4C-AC38-1AF21843A3EE.thumb.jpeg.02ff4d84b158f55a7eece89771e1e046.jpeg

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Last night I had a work related dinner. My employer want to show his appreciation for my department and all that we do. It was my first time out in a public setting like this in a long time. Out of the gate our server called me Miss. I think it was first time anyone called me Miss. I was the only woman in our group so just being there felt a little awkward for me. And after looking around the table at the 17 different men to choose from, there is now absolutely no doubt in my mind...I'm gay.

Last Saturday night I had dinner at an expensive restaurant with some teammates from my cycling team. I was wearing some capris, a nice blouse, sandals, and had some light makeup on. The server never missed a beat and I loved it when he checked our ID’s when we ordered drinks. The highlight was one of my teammates recounting one of our adventures and referring to me as “she”. It’s those small things.

I don’t recall the Trans Instruction Manual covering coming out as trans and coming out as lesbian. It’s a cosmic joke: “you think you’re only coming out once……HA HA HA think again ?” 

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

And after looking around the table at the 17 different men to choose from, there is now absolutely no doubt in my mind...I'm gay.

Lesbians are more fun to hang with anyway.

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Here's where things start to get weird for me though, I can finally see why people are attracted to certain men.

No, I get that. For example: Tom Ellis. This man is hot as hell. I'm pretty sure that if he propositioned me I'd at least consider it. The idea of men in general? Still gross. Maybe being penetrated by a partner with a good prosthetic though? I could be down for that. I've experimented with it during solo play and it can be a treat. At the end of the day though, I think it's more about you and your partner pleasing each other. It's more the closeness than the physical stuff.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

Willow Sgt USAF 

My father and both my wife's parents were WWII veterans.

I do not consider myself a veteran, as I did not see any combat or peacekeeping duty, but I did serve in the RCAF.

1977.jpeg

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

I do not consider myself a veteran, as I did not see any combat or peacekeeping duty, but I did serve in the RCAF.

I used to think that way myself but then someone pointed out that you served, with all the risks of being called into a conflict. It is your willingness to serve that should be honored. You and I just got lucky from a timing standpoint.  For that reason when people ask I do differentiate by saying "I was lucky, when I served we were in a time of peace"

I could have been called back for Desert Storm since I was on inactive reserve status still, however, my helicopters were no longer being used so they weren't going to retrain me just for that. I did do a stint of flying border patrol at the German/Czech border for a few weeks. Here is the US, VA benefits are tiered based on service conditions so while I'm a vet, I get the least amount/priority of benefits since it was peacetime and I suffered no disability during my time. As it should be. The biggest bene for me now is 10% off Home depot purchases lol. I did get a VA home loan for my first house and will probably take advantage of that again in the near future.

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, rachel w said:

Well i did it i pretty much told my sister that if she don't like me the way i am  so be i

Good morning Rachel, I have a sister who will totally disown and never speak my name again once I'm out to the world. She did it to her own daughter when she came out as lesbian in college. It hurts and we will get through it eventually.

Hugs,

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

• Forum Moderator

Good morning and thank you, to all who stood on the line, took the Military Oath to serve their country. Combat Vet or Not, just as @Bri2020points out. You took an oath, trained, and stood ready for service. That makes you a Veteran worthy of the honors this day was set aside for.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

there is now absolutely no doubt in my mind...I'm gay.

I can relate to this. I believe that every letter of LGBTQ applys to me. This is a subject I don't talk about at home. My wife worries that after my surgery I will dump her for a man. I am faithful to her. She has nothing to worry about. After she's gone though, I plan to find a good man to love.

@Mmindy let me echo; thanks to all the service members. My grandmother whom raised me was Marines, she raised me with such stringent upbringing. So I have so much respect for those who took that oath ♥️