• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Dad and I our dad and daughter night last night and went well.Plus told him I am having the FFS done April 10th and he is supportive.Did not have this done when I transitioned due to I did not want to at first.Consultation was on Thursday.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Willow said:

URGENT REQUEST!!

Please send prayers to Connor Cooper.  Conner has 3rd degree burns from saving his family’s home from a fire by throwing the burning objects out a window.  He is in the burn center in Washington DC.  He is going to have surgery tomorrow and possibly skin grafts.

Conner is the younger brother of my Granddaughters boyfriend.

thank you

Willow

I'm holding Connor in a special place in my heart and thoughts. Thank you, Willow, for letting us know.

Rianon

• Forum Moderator

Willow, Sad to hear about your Granddaughters boyfriends brother. He is a true hero. prayers.

Kymmie

Good morning, everyone!!! I'm 3/4 through my first cup of coffee so I'm beginning to feel lucid enough to type. No big plans for today - light projects around the house and work on the newest book I'm reading. 

Stay safe and be happy!!  Oh, and continued prayers for Connor!!

• Forum Moderator

Thank you everyone for the prayers

i’ll update when I know more.  According to my granddaughter he was in good spirits yesterday and not in pain when they left the hospital.

image.thumb.png.7dd337b332471a978ab05f7eb016269b.png

35 minutes ago, Willow said:

According to my granddaughter he was in good spirits yesterday and not in pain when they left the hospital.

That is encouraging.  Hoping for the best.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

first, surgery apparently went well.  They used artificial skin so no skin graft was necessary.  I haven’t heard for certain but he was supposed to go home last night.  Pain medicine is doing its job so far but I’m sure when the damaged nerves begin to reconnect he will be in greater pain.  He has a long road to recovery and rehabilitation but he did save the family’s home. A rather selfless act but that is just like what their family is all about.

Thank you to everyone for the prayers.

Willow

I

I'm glad the surgery went well. He will still be in my prayers.

• Forum Moderator
27 minutes ago, Willow said:

A rather selfless act but that is just like what their family is all about.

Prayers for this HERO, as he recovers. I was proud of the way you described his actions. He will be in pain once the nerves start to reconnect as you stated. Hopefully he sees his scars as the badges of courage they are.

I've been so busy with prop builds, that I've only dropped in to read up on a few threads.

Prayers for Nashville,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I got the early shift today.  Just starting my coffee then I need to go.

could be good advice.

hugs

Willow

image.png.f6e22bfd59f31cf681b3f3dfcb9d2b1c.png

Good morning, everyone!! I've been finally able to sleep a bit longer in the morning - getting up  now around 5 instead of 3 or 4 AM. I've had my first cup of coffee - I take a cup for my wife and I into the bedroom at 6 each morning and we do Wordle and Quordle together. On to reading the local paper next.

Did some work outside cleaning up for spring yesterday and took our one of our mowers in for service. I am so ready for Spring!

Quiet day today, I think.

And, @Willow, that is excellent advice. We all get caught up in the negativity sometimes. Life is way too short not to find some joy in every day.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning All.

Everything is going good with my mom. For me, Mostly bored. Looking to head home first of the week. Willing to give up the nice 80s for the 20-30s.

Great picture, @Willow very true.

Hugs to all.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

The coffee is HOT, black and strong. I am 2/3s of a pot into it now.:coffee: Working in the shop building a training prop for Illinois State Police, to be delivered this Friday. So this is my quick morning break to check in with my digital family and friends. 💖

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Big day for me. Off to plastic surgeon for a BA consult. Nervous as hell. I have low expectations of it. But you never know.

Good morning, all!

I'm smiling –– darn near laughing out loud –– because as I sat at my MacBook with my first cup of coffee (many more to follow!) I had this thought: I can't possibly begin my day's work until I left my greetings on Good morning, All. Coffees on!

(So, there, I've done it! Now I can drink my coffee without feeling too guilty. 😊)

@happyinvermont I wish you well today! Let us know how the consult goes, will you?

Cheers!

Rianon

I'm sitting here with my second cup and thinking about how long my to-do list is. I'll try for three or four items today.

I am all dressed up with nowhere to go! Wednesday is my normal therapy day but my therapist is under the weather. She offered to tough it out since I can't reschedule this week but I told her to just relax and get better. 

I'm wearing a new yellow popover with flowered sleeves over jeans - and couldn't be happier today. 

So, you're stuck with this old grandmother here this afternoon, ladies!!

Busy morning for me. Got a good 9 1/2 hrs of sleep. Had breakfast and enjoyed 2 cups to get me fully started. Did my bike workout and showered. Heading over to my wife's twin sister to do some handygirl tasks. After that reading and relaxing. I'm training for a few triathlons this summer and am back to working out  7 days a week. It really helps with controlling any insomnia.

It's been a busy morning for me. I had my therapy session (small world, April), followed by my monthly trip to the salon. Now I'm about to head for a shift at the shelter I volunteer at. I feel like I'm living on coffee today!

Miranda, I'm in awe. Triathlons are tough, and the discipline to train for one is admirable. YOU GO, GIRL!

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon y’all

i got through my early shift today. I had to get up at 4:30 @April Marie  so I had time to shower and makeup have some breakfast and most of all my coffee.  Tomorrow I get to sleep later. I don’t start until seven am. I’m actually enjoying working again.  And it’s pretty rare that I get misgendered.  Everyone I work with is very nice.  And having some extra money is nice too.

@Miranda I was never much I’d a runner. I did work out on my treadmill to participate in a 5 mile race with my daughter and son but my doctor told me to stop that my knees wouldn’t hold up.  My son is an Iron man several times and has been in several marathons.  At the end of one, he thought he only had a couple of city blocks to the finish line so he started skipping. By the time he realized it was further than he thought he couldn’t stop as he was getting too many cheers. From the crowd and other runners.

So I admire your work and applaud you.

hugs all

Willow

Big day for me. Off to plastic surgeon for a BA consult. Nervous as hell. I have low expectations of it. But you never know.

To follow up on my big day with BA consult. It turned out better than I thought. I was thinking I wouldn't have enough breast growth to work with. Once DR looked at me and reported to his scribe I had an A cup. Whole crap. My ex always picked on me because of man boobs. 

So as visit went on he asked if I knew what type I was looking for. Told him silicone. That rules out under arm to big of hole. Then told him under muscle. He said he likes to go on top. The more he looked at my chest and lack of man muscles he said yes below would look good. 

So now I have a surgery date of June 13th. Next big hurdle is insurance. If denied they will help me with the appeal. Was a great day

5 minutes ago, happyinvermont said:

To follow up on my big day with BA consult. It turned out better than I thought.

Hip hip hurrah, happyinvermont!

Rianon

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, happyinvermont said:

So now I have a surgery date of June 13th. Next big hurdle is insurance. If denied they will help me with the appeal. Was a great day

Good news, for a morning coffee.

Best wishes, happyinvermont.

Today is the last day of my prop build for ISP. I down to labels, logos, and Thumb-drive PowerPoint set up. Photo inset it what the finished prop will look like. It's to teach first responders about cargo tanks that haul propane, and anhydrous ammonia. aka an MC-331 Cargo Tank.

IMG_E3874.JPG

IMG_E3875.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 128 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • Vidanjali
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Ivy
    • KathyLauren
    • Jamey-Heather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

earthpatch
    Newest Member
    earthpatch

1. Anyatimenow
      Anyatimenow
      (23 years old)
    2. Aria00
      Aria00
    3. Ava B.
      Ava B.
      (24 years old)
    4. Claire Heshi
      Claire Heshi
    5. CrystalMatthews0426
      CrystalMatthews0426
      (41 years old)
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, my marriage is different.  I'm actually part of a multi-partner marriage.  Like you see in the Book of Genesis.  My husband has four wives...and me.  I was kind of an accident, as our community sets the "reasonable maximum" at four wives, but that's a long story.  Plural marriage is approved in my faith community, with the exception of spiritual leaders, as described in 1 Timothy 3.  We believe that anything that isn't specifically prohibited is permitted.    The purpose of marriage is for people to work together, demonstrate the love of God, and to have children.  My faith believes in exponential reproduction - big families with lots of kids, both as a blessing and with the intention of using the size of our population for political ends.  Being intersex/trans and unable to bear children, I wouldn't have been a good candidate to be somebody's only spouse (the majority of our community tends toward traditional couple marriage).  Since my husband has other partners, I don't have to worry about the childbearing aspect, and I help out with raising our family's kids.  I'm a "bonus parent."    I'm not 100% open about my intersex/trans nature, although my community's leaders are aware of me.  Being transgender isn't condemned, but it is seen as a health problem derived from an imperfect, fallen world and an environment polluted with chemicals.  Since I'm married, I have a safe place to be, and I can live how I need to live.    I firmly believe the advice given in 1 Corinthians 7.  We don't totally own our bodies.  God gets a say, as I believe He created us to be male or female, not something outside the binary.  I don't think that transition without discussion with partners is OK....again, we don't totally own ourselves.  When I started to figure myself out, that was actually the main thing on my mind - will my partners accept me?  How will my position in the family change?  Since my partners don't really have a problem with the mild version of transition that I wanted to do, it has all been good. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Indeed.  While it seems like the majority of LGBTQ+ folks vote for Democrat candidates, not everybody drinks the Kool-Aid.  I'm a registered Independent, since I vote for individuals rather than party.  One of my trans friends is very pro-Trump - wears her MAGA hat and everything.  I find it interesting to see the reactions she gets... folks aren't always as tolerant as they claim to be.  Even on this forum, you get some real flak from Democrat voters....many will insist that the California way is the only way.    In my opinion, "Project 2025" isn't the real problem.  Check out UN "Agenda 2030."   
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      While Biden may be more friendly to trans folks, I'm not a single-issue voter.  I just can't choose a Democrat candidate, as I believe their actions will destroy my community and way of life.  Biden just announced that he wants to significantly increase capital gains taxes.  Maybe he intends to "tax the rich" but that is going to affect everything from land sales to grocery prices to the cost of electricity and even folks' retirement savings, as most companies make a large amount of their profits through investing in the market.  It is absolute lunacy to think that increased cost or reduced profits won't be passed on to the rest of us.  Things are going to get way worse at this rate.    Mostly, I vote in elections for state and local issues, as the national government is about as pleasant as a Porta-Potty in July.  So, either I'll do a write-in vote for president, or I'll check the box for Trump.  Anything but Biden.     
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Interesting...never knew any of this.  Of course, in my girl form I never got breasts, so I never had to worry about it.  A couple of pieces of tape would have been sufficient...      Sounds like fun   It has been interesting for me since I stopped trying to do sex like a girl.  The real surprise was my relationship with my husband, as he has figured me out pretty well. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Women's jeans, soft t-shirt that could go either way, flip-flops. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They were sitting on the love seat, looking west out over Kansas.  Below them the busy city ran to and fro.   "They called.  My surgery has been rescheduled for May 8.  I need to be there at 5 AM for pre-op.  I start prescriptions and diet change on May 1."   "Okay."  Bob did his not-thinking-about anything look.  Taylor was always amazed that he could  actually be thinking about absolutely nothing. She was always thinking of at least six things.   "How can they be like that?" "What?"  He startled a little.  Contact with reality was reestablished. "Where does the hate come from?  Mrs. McArthur?  She was always polite, but I think she wasn't really.  Somehow she hated me even though there were no indications whatsoever." "Yeah, well, you know they are starting up that plant.  And my company is going ahead with their work there, down n Milliville.   I will have to go down there sometimes." "Oh, Bob." "Maybe I will stop by and ask her." "No." "No.  Cabaret is closed, I have been told.  Your transgender support group has scattered to other places." "What is wrong with those people?" "Same thing as Roosevelt, I guess.  You know all the racial comments against Blacks?  Like that game where our cheerleaders started this insulting cheer, an the opposite team was mostly Black? Teachers stopped it." "I didn't know.  I was staying away from that, remember?" "Yes." "You know all those kids at our church, the ones you called freaks the other day?" "I shouldn't have called them that." "Pastor tells me they are all from all over the Midwest.  These are kids who have been thrown out of their homes and were found on the street.  Other shelters would not take them, so they wound up here." "Not surprising." "I think we could do some good here." "What do you have in mind?" And she told him.
    • EasyE
      You are spot on here ... but also it seems like such a rigged game for the average person that it's hard to invest energy into the political arena -- too much big money controlling too many people/organizations/narratives for the common person to fee; heard...   In general, why we in America accept either candidate is baffling... for all our innovation as a nation, we can't do better than these two bozos?    The problem is, the political arena is such a sham -- again with large money controlling all aspects of the system -- that a common-sense, love-your-neighbor, make-reasonable-compromises, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work candidate will never make it anywhere above the local level (if even there)...    Everything is a reality show, and boring ol' decision makers that try to benefit the most people don't generate enough clicks, views and retweets...  I am not sure it is so much about celebrity as it is about party politics at all costs - "my side must always be viewed as right and your side must always be viewed as wrong!" kind of thinking... there is no consensus building anymore because that will get used against you in campaign ads... When Obama took office and then Hilary ran again, it was like all Republicans want to do was to find someone loud enough to put them in their place. Forget issues, forget character, just win a debate and rally the base.    To get back to your original point, not enough of us care about politics ... and in some ways we've become fat, happy and entitled as a nation. The yearning to achieve the "American dream", which drove my parents and their parents before them to work their tails off and sacrifice and save, is now just "give me the American dream for free while I sit here on my phone and watch tiktok..."
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You are in the right place.
    • EasyE
      I am about 5 weeks ahead of you ... best wishes to you! For me it has been subtle changes at most so far (if any) ... but I am also on the "beginner's" level of patch, lol ...    Easy
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Oh, another comment.   I am a conservative evangelical with strong Republican leanings. So is my wife, my friends, my family. I disagree with a good amount of what the Republicans are doing, but there it is.  I understand the mindset, I think, a lot better than those who are outside it do.   When you insult Republicans you insult me, my friends, my family.   People like me can struggle with trans issues.   Please consider that in posting.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Then you are in despair.
    • MaeBe
      I found this as well. No playacting, they just appear: the finger waggle wave; bracing my elbow on my other arm that's folded across my chest, wrist in the air half-cocked; walking a bit more fiercely... All that. My wife thought I was mocking her at one point!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I find my lack of time to read the thing frustrating, and I will not really comment until I have read it.  This is a wholly inadequate response.   1.  I think there are some legitimate concern.   2. Thoroughly discussing this will consume many threads.   3. I disagree partially with @MaeBe but there is partial agreement.   4. The context includes what is happening in society that the authors are observing.  It is not an isolated document.   5. Trump, if elected, is as likely to spend his energies going after political opponents as he is to implementing something like this.    6. I reject critical theory, which is based on Marxism.  Marxism has never worked and never will.  Critical theory has problems which would need time to go into, which I do not have.   7. There are groups who have declared war on the nuclear family as problematically patriarchal, and a lot of other terms. They are easy to find on the internet.  This document is reacting to that (see #4 above).   8.  Much of this would have to be legislated, and this is a policy documented.  Implementation would  be most likely different, but that does not mean criticism is unwarranted. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Sort of bracing myself for flipping, because I am wearing f and of course I wear f and it is natural to wear f and what else would I wear?  The  novelty is long gone out on this.  I wore a bra most of yesterday but we had a Zoom call and I took the bra off because I was concerned about the straps showing.  I missed it.    My body is saying "I am female!  Treat me that way!"   In the past it has screamed about this activity that  I have done to it.
    • Ivy
      This is what I'm scared of.  And it's quite possible. Apparently Chicken Little was right.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.