• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Dropped my landline after mother in law passed. We kept it so she wouldn't need to learn a new number. The great thing about cell phones is that they come with an off button.

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Sigh. I use my landline to find my cell. And vice versa.

My daughter is bad for losing hers.  She uses mine to find it.

I don't do TV either.  It does freak a lot of people out.  I get internet and phone from spectrum, but they're separate accounts.  It's kinda dumb I guess.

• Forum Moderator

Hi, I got off at 2:30.  When I got home, which takes me 3 minutes plus or minus 1 waiting on a traffic light, I changed and went to the pool.  Won’t be doing that tomorrow, I’m on the noon to 8 shift and it’s supposed to be raining.  Sunday morning will be chilly with improving and warmer each day next week.  

We had a some unpleasant people today.  We are having an unknown intermittent issue with premium gas. I had a customer complain she couldn’t get the pump to work.  I asked which grade of gas, she answered regular gas.  Had to move to a different pump. Still wouldn’t work and she’s angry, and getting angrier as she thinks I’m cheating her.  Finally we figure out in spite of her statement to the contrary she is trying to pump mid-grade.  So all I can do is refund her prepayment.  She left in a huff.  Little while later a man comes in cussing up a storm because someone outside did something he didn’t like, though he was nice to us.  Then the last straw was someone came in and wanted a fountain coke.  And it wasn’t working.  I checked it and the syrup had run out so I proceed to change the syrup but I can’t find a fresh one.  Took a while but we found it, I changed it and we were back in business.  Meanwhile, he got mad because he couldn’t buy the fuel he wanted.  Yelling and asking for the manager who left an hour earlier, then demanded her phone number and finally insisted she call him.  Uh huh, sure.  Took his name and number then when he was gone the shift lead tore it up.  The managers last day is next Friday and she has already checked out.  

The cold front has come through.  Boy what a temperature drop.

Willow

2 hours ago, Willow said:

Took his name and number then when he was gone the shift lead tore it up.  The managers last day is next Friday and she has already checked out.  

I don't understand why, but people always need someone to blame.  Life just doesn't always work out the way you want.  I think sometimes the best approach is just throw up your hands, maybe say a few bad words, and shake your head.   Time to move on to the next debacle.

At times life is just a farce.  You gotta appreciate the humor.  Murphy's Law is real.

Good morning everyone!!! The cold weather is back here again for a few days but next week looks very promising. No big plans for the Easter weekend.

It seems as if people are just worn out mentally - suffering a constant barrage of negativity, of complaints, of hurt, of problems and issues. As @Ivy said - and @Willow noted from her experiences yesterday - people have to find someone to blame for every little problem in their lives. We have stopped teaching our children to have mental toughness, to be able to face challenges and adversity and move on with life. It began with the Everyone Gets a Trophy generation and has just gotten worse.

We all face challenges and hardships. Sometimes life sucks...for everyone. So, it's not what happens to us that defines who we are but what we do in response to the challenges. That things go wrong is a given. How we respond is our personal choice.

Ok, I've gotten that off my chest. I've already read the paper and finished my 3rd cup of coffee. Rant over.

Be safe and enjoy this beautiful day. Find the goodness in it - no matter what's happening, there is always something good if you look for it.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

boy it was nice to sleep in. Down side we are out of coffee!OUT OF COFFEE!  How could that happen.  Where is the manager?  I want to yell at her.  Oh! That would be me.  lol.  I gave my wife the last pod and I tried making a cup using a universal pod and ground coffee.  Yuk! I don’t recommend this.  Top priority, get some coffee pods!

the rain was a bit late but heaven is crying over the death of Jesus.  That’s how my mother put it.  It was always supposed to rain Good Friday afternoon.

Happy Easter everyone.

love and hugs to all

Willow

image.png.a3d49ce807166741ca881a78aa021506.png 

16 hours ago, ShawnaB said:

.My aunts remember me wanting to try dresses of theirs on at times.

It makes me so happy that you have acceptance and support from your family.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

I also get that he is an adult, and once we get past this landmark birthday celebration, I'm going to have to let him know that I won't be dressing down for him anymore. 

I totally understand the mixed feelings about your children growing up, and becoming young adults. There comes a time when you no longer have control over them, you just hope they see you as an influence for good. They never had control over you, and it's time for Hannah to ease into the family.

Hugs, as you get through this afternoon, and evening.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good morning and Happy Easter, everyone!!!

I'm glad that your son's birthday celebration went well @Hannah Renee. And, there's no reason for you to feel guilty about your emotions. It's wholly understandable that you feel that way and I hope that your son will grow to accept you as you are now that he's getting older. 

On to cup #2 for me. Be safe and enjoy this beautiful day!

10 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

It went well, though very expensive, but it was an important celebration.

Life teaches us that we never stop being parents and that our children never stop expecting us to be so.

Until they mature, they also expect us to forever be the same people as who they knew growing up. Little do they understand that we have always been who we are, but masked it for them to think that we were 'normal'. 

Hugs to you Hannah. You went through a tough time with the lunch, but here you are. Hang in there.

Happy Easter, everyone.

50 minutes ago, Mirrabooka said:

Until they mature, they also expect us to forever be the same people as who they knew growing up.

Our own evolution and growth doesn't stop simply because we become parents.  In fact, that is just another experience that contributes to it.  And then, when they are grown, it moves into a new phase.  I'm not sure we ever stop growing until the grave, and perhaps it doesn't stop there either.

23 minutes ago, Ivy said:

I'm not sure we ever stop growing until the grave, and perhaps it doesn't stop there either.

Amen to that. I think we die, inside at least, if we decide to stop growing, learning, becoming.

• Forum Moderator

Happy Easter,

I’ll have a photo update later.

yesterday was an up and down day.  I had a young woman specifically come to me to enquirer about feminine products.  I pointed them out and she then returned to my register to purchase.  I made certain to handle it discreetly and bagged everything for her,  (normal is to ask if they wanted it bagged). I had an older woman who came to me right after I was given a hard time by a 20 something.  She perked me back up with pleasant words and kindness.  Last but the highlight, a couple came in she wanted a Snickers bar. The husband/boyfriend? Pointed to candy right in front of her.  I don’t want register candy I want it from the candy isle.  He returned with her Snickers.  When I gave her her $10 in change, HE put out his hand,  she said to him, what do you want?  He says the $10.  She looks at him and finally says, well, I guess you earned it last night and gave it to him.  He’s all embarrassed she’s smiling and as the walk away I said thank you, you just made my day and we all laughed.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

For me He has risen, and I know that He walks with me.

This is the first two day weekend for me in a long time. It started out BOLD, however today I feel that I've lost my B.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

It started Bold.jpg

25 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

Happy Easter 🐰🐣

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Mirrabooka said:

Until they mature, they also expect us to forever be the same people as who they knew growing up. Little do they understand that we have always been who we are, but masked it for them to think that we were 'normal'.

Happy Easter, everyone.

I cannot wait till my oldest does that. While both his younger brothers realize it.

Happy bunny day. to all.

Kymmie

3 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

A friend reposted this on Facebook a few days ago. Seems to fit.

Screenshot_20230407-084405~2.png

What an awesome thought. Thanks for sharing it!

Good morning, everyone!! First cup of coffee is kick starting my brain, time to read the paper. There's a nice warm-up predicted for the week - I am so looking forward to getting out in the sun.

Be safe and enjoy this day!!

• Forum Moderator

Read the paper? What a novel idea @April Marie

Good morning y’all

i have to take my wife to the airport on my way to work this morning.  She is going out west to see our son.  I could be challenging.  She’s flying standby.  

I’ll be on my own with the dog for a week.  Speaking of whom I need to take her out.  After I put my makeup on.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

I had my coffee earlier, then I went to the Big Box Plumbing Supply for several hundred dollars of sch-40 pipe. I need to finish up this current Pipe Leak Tree and have it ready to ship to Corona, CA. Oh now that I'm back home I get a text that the pharmacy has meds. ready for pick up. So I'll be going back out later.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I decided to drop our recycling off at the local center - no pickup out here where we live. So, I loaded the truck and headed out - stopped by the car wash on the way back to get the worst of the spring mud off the truck. Now that it's warming up I can get the pressure washer out and really spend some time cleaning it up.

No big plans for the rest of the day.

• Forum Moderator

The snow is almost all gone now, except where there had been big drifts.  The buds are starting to swell on the peach trees, which means it is time to spray them with sulfur and dormant oil.  I suited up in a heavy rubber rain suit, with boots, nitrile gloves, mask and goggles and gave them their first stinky spraying.  I'll have to do it again in two weeks.

The spray isn't toxic, in fact, it is considered organic, but it smells like you'd expect sulfur to smell.  When I was done, I stripped off the outer gear outdoors and hosed it all off.  I don't smell too bad indoors.  😵

I think I need a second cup ... still dealing with morning even though it's after 12. LOL