• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

Today is starting off well, I learned a new acronym, and my hands don't seem to hurt as much this morning after several days in the shop. @CharlizeI hope you have the dry time to put up your hay. The farmers here are a little behind planting because of soil temperature, then rain.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

@April Marie sounds like a great day for you. I went ahead and took out a small loan to help me get what I needed for looking more feminine. I also was able to get more than a weeks worth of clothes. I was also able to find more clothes at the thrift store. I have found a really good deal on eight different perfumes for 35 dollars. I ordered some stuff from aliexpress since it was a lot cheaper. The downside is that I have to wait till June 4th to get some stuff. I was able to find a knock off brand of Ugg boots in size 13. I was pretty happy about that and I can't wait till they come in. I was able to find a reasonably priced Coach purse and matching wallet. I can't afford to spend a lot on electrolysis so I went with an IPL (Intense Pulse Light) hair removal. I know it's going to be permanent but I won't be shaving as much. I got it from a company that has been working with trans women for a very long time. I had my cup of coffee for the day and I might go with the second. I hope that everyone else is having a good day. 

Sometimes it's just the small wins that can make us happy. I'm so glad you're finding your way through getting the clothes you need. Life, even when we aren't exactly where we want to be, can still be good.

I've been using an IPL unit, too. It works well and has significantly reduced hair growth, especially on my legs. I hope it works as well for you!!!

Good news guys! A lovely person on here got me a binder and it's arriving (hopefully) sometime today! I'm really grateful that they bought this for me<3 Thank you @Dillon

I had three cups of coffee (aka I feel like a normal person) today and went to my grandma's choir concert, then when I got back home was barely able to set my stuff down before being shoved outside.

While outside watching my sisters (against my will) I got yelled at for trying to keep them safe, was yelled at for trying to wrangle the four-year-old back inside, and was yelled at for being (understandably) pissed. Then after all that, I was yelled at that "If I'm going to be in my room, I'd better be cleaning it", so... yeah. The rest of the day was great, at least.

6 minutes ago, GlitchedSalvation said:

before being shoved outside

I also wasn't told I had to stay out there with my sisters until I tried to get them back inside.

On 5/5/2023 at 11:57 AM, ShawnaB said:

Watched my wife get emotional and comfort her.We watched the documentary,The Invisible War last night.She was in the National Guard for 4 years where she was sexually assaulted and raped by her commander.Reported it and nothing was done about it.She has PTSD and anxiety issues from it getting help and has support from me

That's awful.  Seems like military life is hard enough without adding suffering to it.  My husband served in the National Guard, and he refuses to talk about it.  We don't watch war movies or military documentaries at our house. 

Well, I'm back from my road trip.  I kind of enjoy the luxurious touches that are so different from my simple life at home.  Usually if I travel with my husband, we sleep in the bunk in the truck.  But since there were four of us, we got a nice hotel.  And I mean...NICE.  I think it was some sort of executive suite, with a beautiful view of the city lights. 

It was hilarious, though...when we checked in, my husband was carrying me due to my bad ankle.  The staff clearly weren't prepared to see him with an armload of androgynous Pocket Fox.  They actually offered me a wheelchair and gave us a more accessible suite, so I had to tell them I prefer to be carried and that this was normal for me.  I could tell that they had difficulty figuring out what pronouns to use, etc...    

It is rare for me to experience something like delivery food or room service...we live very simply at home.  I don't think I've ever eaten such a fancy steak!  And I could order whatever cocktail I wanted, straight from the bar to our room.  Amazing.  Hard for me to imagine that there people who actually live like that all the time.  The suite came with two king-sized beds, which felt odd to me.  I'm used to sleeping in the middle, or at least pressed next to my husband in the bunk in the truck.  I couldn't adjust to the space, so we ended up putting both mattresses on the floor in one of the rooms, and sleeping with the 4 of us together.  I've traveled around the USA and I've been elsewhere, but sometimes I think that socio-economic differences are bigger than cultural differences. 

Sounds like you had a great time. Good on ya!

"socio-economic differences are bigger than cultural differences" It does seem like the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. (I might be quoting Midnight Oil on that bit). I'm in the poor group - but my kids are in the richer group.

Rob

26 minutes ago, MaybeRob said:

Sounds like you had a great time. Good on ya!

"socio-economic differences are bigger than cultural differences" It does seem like the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

I'm not always sure who is who...I mean, there's obvious differences.  But...where do I fit?  On one hand, I  try to live a simple life.  One the other hand, I've got more than enough to eat and a safe and comfy den to live in.  In comparison to most of world history that qualifies as fantastic wealth.  I suppose that might be a topic for the politics section...

45 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

androgynous Pocket Fox

Just... wonderful. No other way to describe this single phrase (please excuse distractible rat brain)

4 minutes ago, GlitchedSalvation said:

Just... wonderful

that came out wrong, it wasn't meant to be passive aggressive

Good morning, everyone!!! The dogs had me up early - nothing like the sound of a retching dog to pull you quickly out of a dream!! Then I couldn't go back to sleep so....up at a little after 4 to walk and feed them. I've had my first sup of coffee and tried to catch up on all the various reports on weekend activities - you have all been busy this weekend!!

No real plans for today - just normal projects around the house to keep this retiree busy.

Be safe and enjoy this beautiful day!!!!

Good morning. Having a woe is me morning, slept poorly due to an inordinate amount of joint pain especially hands and shoulders. Finally forced myself to take some pain relief and stayed up. Enjoying my first cup of coffee. Hope to to swim today if pain becomes manageable. Swimming is very restorative for me.

No other plans beyond choosing fish or grilling bratwurst for dinner.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

Packages are loaded up, I'm heading to the UPSS to drop them off. Then hopefully one of my fabricators has a prop base for me to pick up, so I can start working on another training prop.

@Michelle38posted that she is wearing a real nice leather skirt in 'What are you wearing today' and she looks wonderful. I'll be wearing leather today as well. However mine will be in the form of a weld shop apron and gloves.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Well, S and S this AM. Haven't needed the first S yet. I know TMI.

Went for a cars and Coffee in Cheyenne, yesterday. Overcast and bit o rain but was nice. plan in taking the bike and the wagon one time this year. Took the Explorer. Had a few looks, as not often you see an Explorer on High $ coilovers and shocks. Even with lower gears she struggled on some of the hill climbs. But ran great.

Back over mid day today. I get to be a juror at the US district court. I hope they don't mind T-shirt and jeans. I thought about wearing a nice dress, but decided against it. Its the only thing dressy I have anymore.  And this girl refuses to put on a suit. If you don't like it they can just send me home. I'm OK with that. The message said to be prepared to stay the week.

Went to a meeting at work least night. Mostly B S. But got an extra hour out of it.

Take care everyone. Have a good week. Will be back later.

Hugs,

Kymmie

I hope you get to enjoy some fabrication today @Mmindy! That must be so rewarding to see a project come together.

Enjoy your day on jury duty @KymmieL. Go as you are - they will just have to deal with it.

• Forum Moderator

Hi

sounds like everyone has had a happy weekend, I got to work all weekend.  I’ve had more than one regular ask if I ever get a day off.  My response is I have a cot in the back room.  If they are real serious, like a guy yesterday, he asked me how many hours I work. My answer was truthful, 46 last week and 40 scheduled for this week.  Two days off in one week.  Wow!  How can I be so fortunate! lol

@KymmieL sounds like you need some bigger gears on your Explorer.   Is that even possible?  Or would you have to drop all new (to the car) axles under it for a bigger differential?

@awkward-yet-sweet that’s quite a family you have. You all certainly do take care of each other.  So nice to hear about how loving and caring you all are.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, April Marie said:

Enjoy your day on jury duty @KymmieL. Go as you are - they will just have to deal with it.

I am going to look as I always do. A motorhead biker chick. They never said anything about dress code. LOL.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

@KymmieL sounds like you need some bigger gears on your Explorer.   Is that even possible?  Or would you have to drop all new (to the car) axles under it for a bigger differential?

She has already been upgraded to 4:56-1. I think that is enough, for the 33"s. When I upgrade my tires after these almost brand new ones are gone. I will be going up to 35"s. So, then I may need to. Thy guy who we got the Explorer from built it the right way. Didn't take any shortcuts.

Kymmie

Today was a glaring example of why I should not come within five miles of an operating room. This poor sheep had their entire right occipital lobe shredded before I realized the "tumor" was in the LEFT occipital lobe, near the corpus callosum.

Good morning, everyone!! My normal early start to the day so I've already finished my first cup of coffee. Time to read the paper!

I've been working on getting our pool open so I'll do some more work there and also cut our grass today. I love the warmer weather and being able to spend time outside. I've got to warm up these old bones!!

I'm so glad you've found peace with your brother @ShawnaB!!! 

Be safe and enjoy this beautiful day!

Morning all, hope you have a wonderful day! :) 

@ShawnaB I've also been enjoying your progress. Yay, girl! :D  

It's evening here and I'm winding down. Late last week my wife and I decided to book a short vaycay to tropical north QLD and it's mostly all I can think about! The only thing I have to do between now and then is book airport shuttles up there and maybe a day cruise to an island off Cairns. We're rewarding ourselves. YOLO. ;) 

I think it is important for all of us to reward ourselves when we can.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone:coffee:

It's going to be a great day.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Well I am doing my civic duty. I have been seated as a juror. Very interesting the selection process. I am actually able to go home at night. As long as I am there in the morning. Figured I am actually getting a dollar more per day than my regular job. And I get more respect. Even had another juror call me her. I'm like YES.

That is the jest of my day. Probably the rest of the week. I will be back daily.

Hugs,

Kymmie

41 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

And I get more respect. Even had another juror call me her. I'm like YES.

That always feels good.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I actually have a day off today!  Finally!  I needed that.  I had a very drunk person come in Yesterday.  He couldn’t or wouldn’t answer my questions.  I was trying to finish the previous customer when he shoves money at me and wants gas.  I couldn’t get him to stop talking and wait his turn and left before I knew which pump he was on.  I set his money aside and went about my business and kept waiting on others.  He comes back in yelling about turn the pump on but still won’t say which one.  He finally comes in a third time and I say here is you money go buy your gas somewhere else.

i forgot to look but I’d guess I had a pretty big day.  I dropped a lot of cash into our safe.  Worked alone from 2 to 5:30. That makes for rough days.

supposed to be in the 90s today.  First time this year.  

@KymmieL so, this wouldn’t happen to be a drug case would it?  Biker chick and drugs could be the defense thinks they made a good pick.

I didn’t sleep well last night.  I guess I needed to drink more water yesterday.  I had some leg cramps during the night.

enjoy your day, I know I’m going to.

Willow