• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL yes you’d better avoid the Snap on Truck EXCEPT. (Oh oh) when you need a special tool.  They are very good at having all the Dealerships only tools.  They somehow get ahold of one (or made it in the first place) those things that keep dealers in that special place of being the only place certain things can be fixed.  

I once had a FiAT X1/9. Mid engine sports car.  To adjust the timing, a relatively simple thing to do back in the 70s, you had two choices, cut a hole in the firewall to put a wrench through or buy or make a special wrench.  Parts department at the dealer swore there was no such special wrench.  After much research I found the part number.  (Internet did not exist yet). It was before IBM made the first PC. The parts manager finally agreed to get me the part but only if I paid up front and it was mine, regardless of what came in.  It was exactly what I needed a 14mm wrench with a specially shaped handle. That went around the distributor cap and turned backwards.  Looked somewhat like the letter C with an open wrench head at the bottom.

Fix It Again Tony

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The right tool makes things easier for sure.

11 hours ago, Willow said:

Good evening

@Adrianna Danielle wow 13 years out of a harbor freight tool.  That’s amazing, and lucky.  I read an article recently about how harbor freight does make inexpensive tools. It seems that some percentage of them are expected to fail in some manner.  However they are typically made with the same laborers  parts design as name brand high end tools.  If you get a good one it can last for a long time.

I oiled this one regularly.It was getting weak and quit finally this morning.Took the air tool fitting off and told the scrap metal guy that comes in to pick up the scrap he can have it

Thank for the birthday wishes, everyone!!!

It started great...and then I was rear-ended at a highway construction site this morning. I'm OK. The woman who hit me was shaken - was going fast enough to deploy her air bags. I was at dead stop. Her car had to be towed away. My truck too a hit to the tailgate and the bumper. It seems OK otherwise but I'll know tomorrow when they do the appraisal.

UGH!

Happy Birthday to Me!! :-)

6 minutes ago, April Marie said:

Happy Birthday to Me!! :-)

Indeed! Most happiest of Birthdays to you!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, April Marie said:

My truck too a hit to the tailgate and the bumper. It seems OK otherwise but I'll know tomorrow when they do the appraisal.

Well that's no way to start off a birthday. Be sure to look at your frame just behind your rear axle to make sure it wasn't bent. When I was rear ended... At first look it appeared that my bumper was folded down, however the frame was bent which also bent the floor of the bed. I'm glad everyone is okay 

Happy Birthday,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Well that's no way to start off a birthday. Be sure to look at your frame just behind your rear axle to make sure it wasn't bent. When I was rear ended... At first look it appeared that my bumper was folded down, however the frame was bent which also bent the floor of the bed. I'm glad everyone is okay 

Happy Birthday,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you. It seemed to me when I was driving home that I had a bit more bounce in the rear end over bumps so I'm wondering if the frame was bent. I will have them check it tomorrow morning when the do the appraisal.

• Forum Moderator

Day was fine at work.  The District Manager was there.  She actually likes me so everything was fine.  Since I was the lowest level person there she had to ask me the questions they ask every time they come.  Then apologized for having to ask me. (Yes I answered them correctly). After she left I learned that there was a meeting scheduled with her for May 23rd for the entire management team (4 of us). I’m not certain what that’s about.  No sense speculating it’s probably just getting ready for the summer crush.

good night 3 am comes early tomorrow.

Willow

Meeting up with a therapist I seen back in 2001.Seen I am better,saw her after being honorable discharged from the Army.I was beaten up and sexually assaulted by a fellow soldier.Nothing was done about it and did report it.It put a toll on me.Was 22 at the time and we did not get along at times,bullied me too.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

it’s Wednesday morning 3AM. Which reminds me of a Simon and Garfunkel song. But I won’t go there.  I have a lot on my plate this morning.  Waffles - check, OJ - check, morning meds - check, coffee - double check, lunch made -check.  But the real work is yet to come that starts at 4:15.  I’ve got a lot going on today over and above the usual 4:15 shift.  And somehow, I have to get the Asst Mgr to do some of the work for me.  That’s never fun, she and I don’t always see eye to eye.  She’d rather tell me what I did wrong or didn’t do verses help or show me the correct way.  Her status could be a topic for the May 23 meeting since I know the manager was pretty upset with her yesterday and she had a talk with the District manager about it.

well I had a Snoopy picture I tried to copy here but it got lost in the bits and bytes somewhere.  Time to shower and get dressed. Long day ahead likely greater than 8 hours but I’ve got time available in my hours per week.

Good morning, everyone!

Back to a semi-normal routine after the short vacay. We picked up our dog at the "spa" yesterday so she was very attentive last night. And, awake early but I managed to get her back to sleep for a few more hours.

I have an appointment at 8 to have the damage to my truck appraised after yesterday's accident. Hopefully, it's just cosmetic and there was no damage to the frame.

And, I've got a session with my therapist later this morning, too.

This afternoon will just be some small projects I need to catch up on. 

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!

• Forum Moderator

Well my wife's mind hasn't changed. As she shared an anti-trans post on facebook yesterday. I just hope she still ok with me.

Decided that starting in June I am going to do in-person appointments with my therapist. I don't have to, I just want to. If asked why at work. It is to work with both the out going and incoming therapist.

Strange how someone can become so much an important person in your life in such a short time. 

Hugs,

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Strange how someone can become so much an important person in your life in such a short time. 

I hear you.

My therapist moved to another job at the VA.  I liked her a lot and was very comfortable with her.

Now I have an appointment with a new one, but not till June.  I asked for the first one to be in person.  I think I'll be able to see what she's like better that way.

Contacted the VA this morning,found out they have been covering my hrt therapy.I was in the Army for 4 years and has been good,news.Finding out a couple people I served with are coming up this weekend.They have been awesome to me and are supporting me through my transition

6 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Contacted the VA this morning,found out they have been covering my hrt therapy.I was in the Army for 4 years and has been good,news.Finding out a couple people I served with are coming up this weekend.They have been awesome to me and are supporting me through my transition

That's Awesome!

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

.I was beaten up and sexually assaulted by a fellow soldier.Nothing was done about it and did report it.It put a toll on me.Was 22 at the time and we did not get along at times,bullied me too.

I'm sorry you and so many others in the military, were assaulted and bullied, just for being who you are. I'm glad that you've seen your old therapist and seem to be better since 2001.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Well my wife's mind hasn't changed. As she shared an anti-trans post on facebook yesterday. I just hope she still ok with me.

Kymmie, it's hard to think of her as an ally when she's still re-posting anti-trans information. On the flip side my wife is supportive of everyone else in the LGBTQIA community, and reluctantly supporting me.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

14 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

On the flip side my wife is supportive of everyone else in the LGBTQIA community, and reluctantly supporting me.

Marriage complicates things.  We think we know someone… but then we don't.

My ex supports me, but we're certainly not married.  She actually took me out for dinner a couple days ago.

But if I said I didn't miss her it would be a lie.  That part is still hard.

The hard truth is I had to get away from her, to have the freedom to find myself.

Maybe it won't be that way for y'all.

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Ivy said:

The hard truth is I had to get away from her, to have the freedom to find myself.

Ivy, I'm still holding on to hope that we won't separate/divorce because I can only imagine how much you miss your wife.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

I'm sorry you and so many others in the military, were assaulted and bullied, just for being who you are. I'm glad that you've seen your old therapist and seem to be better since 2001.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

This was before I came out.One documentary worth watching on it is The Invisible War,mentioning the sex crimes in the military

• Forum Moderator

No one that hasn’t gone through the self perceived shame and guilt about the feelings we’ve had cannot understand 1. Why we need a therapist we trust. 2.  Why we suddenly need to talk to them. 3. Why things set us off and throw us into a bout of extreme depression.  4. Why we feel threatened even when we aren’t in immediate danger.  That threat may be only in our mind but it’s our need for reassurance.

41 minutes ago, Willow said:

No one that hasn’t gone through the self perceived shame and guilt about the feelings we’ve had cannot understand 1. Why we need a therapist we trust. 2.  Why we suddenly need to talk to them. 3. Why things set us off and throw us into a bout of extreme depression.  4. Why we feel threatened even when we aren’t in immediate danger.  That threat may be only in our mind but it’s our need for reassurance.

100% correct!

Went to my local American Legion I am a member of after supper,had 3 beers and my 19 year old niece Allison as a designated driver.Staying for the night,her apartment got fumigated today and told her she can stay at my place.I know better not to drink and drive.She had a couple Cokes I bought for her.Good thing is the other members are good to me and know I am transgender.

8 hours ago, Ivy said:

Marriage complicates things.  We think we know someone… but then we don't.

My ex supports me, but we're certainly not married.  She actually took me out for dinner a couple days ago.

Divorce sux.  My husband has an ex-wife somewhere...far, far away.  I guess she turned into somebody completely different right after the marriage, and she divorced him after a couple of years.  :?  My partner (his "Wife #1) married him pretty soon after that divorce, and I guess he kind of missed her back then, but that fades with time.  I wonder... is it harder to stay in contact after divorce, or harder to cut off all contact completely? 

I was very clear with my GF when we got together years ago.... to choose me is to keep me forever, as a breakup (and heartbreak) would probably be fatal.  I told my husband and other partners the same thing.  Once I've made my nest, don't push me out of it.  I will curl up in a corner and make myself very heavy and hard to grab :lol:  Even GF has never said she wanted to get rid of me, although she gets frustrated with me sometimes.  I'm pretty sure I'm safe here.