• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning.

im not sure where the time went.  I had a decent nights sleep,  didn’t  tell Alexa to let me sleep another 5 minutes,  I didn’t do anything extra but it’s almost time to leave and I just got here.  Definitely only a one cup morning. 

I have the overhead console out of the Ford. It needed some repairs with toothpicks and glue.  Been sitting all night t

for the glue to harden. I’m always to impatient with glue but not this time.  I want it to hold. Ok the next owner won’t be able to change the lightbulbs however in my defense, the are led so they will likely still work when the car goes to the salvage yard.

gotta go. Not as much on my plate at work today but it’s always busy.

Willow

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning, everyone!!

A busy day ahead for me - need to cut the grass and then pick up the clippings. The grass grows so quickly this time of year. I cut almost 7 acres so that will take up most of my day. At least I can get some sun on my legs and arms!!

Time for another cup of coffee as I catch up here.

Enjoy this beautiful day we've been given.

• Forum Moderator

I seems like I am dreading going to my job more each day. So, I take it as a sign to jump ship. All the time I expect to be chastised. It is not a good way to have a job. I am on the hunt for a new one, however nothing has surfaced.

Kymmie

9 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I wonder... is it harder to stay in contact after divorce, or harder to cut off all contact completely? 

We did pretty well for almost 40 years.   But by then we were kinda moving in different directions spiritually and on some other things.  I might have moved the most significantly.  I think my trans woman was trying to assert herself, although it still took a little more time for the egg to crack.  

I was the one who moved out (although we had been sleeping in separate rooms for about a year).  I was satisfied to just be separated, but after a bit she filed for divorce.  I didn't contest it - our kids were all adults by then.  She remarried, I haven't.  Now her husband has died and she is back in this area.

Yeah, we are still friends, but sometimes it's hard for me if I've been around her.  I do miss her.  She uses my now name and gender for me.

I am lonely.  I think I could remarry, maybe, if I found the right person, but I don't see much chance of that.  I'm in my 70's, this is a pretty conservative area, and I am a transgender woman.  So this is how it is - at least for me.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

It's grass cutting day here on our little corner lot. The sidewalk that goes along the south side of our house, leads to a city park so we get a ton of foot traffic on it. I keep the lawn mowed and the sidewalk edged for the best street appeal. Several in the neighborhood have said its the slowest part of the walk because they have to stop to look at the flowers or watch a bird at the feeder. All of the dogs know they have fun hugs coming from me if I'm in the yard, and the conversations with the neighbors also give their hearts a chance to reach a resting beat.

@April Marie while you're working on your tan, please don't forget sunscreen.

@KymmieLgood luck with the job search, it's so stressful to be the punching bag at work.

@WillowI've never sold a car to a friend or someone I knew. Buyer beware, sold as is.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Maybelline has an online app where you can upload an image or use your face real-time to try on makeup before you buy it. 

I used the app on my teenage face and it works great. 

download.thumb.png.05759d7ee6c6fbdee6ea15fd3daa6dad.png

1 hour ago, Birdie said:

Maybelline has an online app where you can upload an image or use your face real-time to try on makeup before you buy it. 

That's really cool, actually, and I don't even wear make-up :o 

2 hours ago, Birdie said:

Very cool. I've been clumsily navigating the world of makeup so this may help. Some of the tutorials on YouTube are so advanced, they may as well be speaking Klingon :P  

• Forum Moderator

Had a customer bring in her Subie for struts. I ordered fronts. later yesterday, the boss called me into the shop. the proceeds to say I ordered the wrong ones, the fronts instead of rears. Then today I got looking I did order the right ones the first time. All the paper work that I have says front even the last work order said fronts. I told the other boss.

So, Have I gotten a sorry from the boss. Ha, ha, not yet. I am doubting I will ever get one.

Oh, well. life goes on.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

I did get a sorry from the mechanic, saying it was all on him. The boss just said I just went by what I was shown. I didn't look at the paper work. I thought maybe you should before jumping down someones throat.

I am still in the market. Just waiting to find the right one.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Things hit the fan today. I was reminded that "this is not a gender fluid establishment."

I had changed my preferred name and gender at the hospital on their app. My x-ray report came in with my preferred name and gender. It was not appreciated by the centre. 😬

Service manager screwed up this morning.had to do a service on a Kenworth.Sent me the,wrong filters and forgot to order a valve cover gasket.I had to do valve lash adjustments on it during the service.

43 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Things hit the fan today. I was reminded that "this is not a gender fluid establishment."

I had changed my preferred name and gender at the hospital on their app. My x-ray report came in with my preferred name and gender. It was not appreciated by the centre. 😬

Can you look elsewhere?

2 hours ago, Abigail Genevieve said:

Can you look elsewhere?

No, they are the only provider of services I need an my area. 😑

Good morning, everyone!!

Yesterday was lawn mower battery day. I've been nursing the battery on my Zero Turn mower for two weeks. It gave up the ghost when I stopped to refuel yesterday so I had to run over to the local shop to get a new one. And forgot my wallet so I had to drive home and back again.

Then, I was using the garden tractor with the bagger to pick up the clippings. I cut about 7 acres so it took me awhile. When I was done, I went to refuel it and, of course, it wouldn't start when I'd finished putting in the gas. I'm hoping it was just some corrosion on the cables - cleaned them up, gave it a quick charge and it started right up. We'll see if it will hold a charge now or turn out like the Zero Turn.

House cleaning day today. And then I'm going to just relax outside for a bit and enjoy one more warm day before our temps drop and rain comes in for the weekend.

Enjoy this beautiful day we've been given!!

IMG-20240503-WA0009.thumb.jpeg.b95feba11cece7fd7acdbaf1af25efe9.jpegIMG-20240503-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.ea4fb59b523f0058f14c42ad63c94c11.jpegIMG-20240503-WA0007.thumb.jpeg.308466cfe3065b57fe1af241f02a309d.jpegIMG-20240503-WA0006.thumb.jpeg.0edf966001c244d48017cf7d3624fbbc.jpeg

Good morning 😘

Finished packing up my kitchen and pantry for fumigation today. I also modified my backpack to make it day-centre compliant. 

I was able to get almost 2 hrs sleep last night, so I'll survive. 😑

Good morning :)

I have coffee today, but the cup keeps leaking (I guess the cap isn't able to fully seal or something), so I keep having to wipe up the sides lol

Almost finished all my missing work for school, which means if I do a bit more work, I should be out of trouble with my parents (not even that bad of trouble compared to when I was younger, more just an annoyance haha)

Found out my stove took a crap last night.it is 10 years old and the stove came with the house when I bought the house.

14 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

the stove came with the house when I bought the house.

Had one like that one time that would bite you on occasion.  Got rid of that thing quickly.

• Forum Moderator

Wow, I guess it’s the dat to be in trouble.  I’ve been hit twice by the ASM today and it’s my day off.  Why didn’t you, followed latter with a where is the.  Made me realize that I do t want to continue working long enough to pay for it. I guess I’ll just to have to stick with my 20 year old car

for now.

I suppose sooner or later only one of us won’t be able to drive anymore.  Since I am older you might think it would be me but at this time i am the one that does all the driving except when she goes to church or the store when I’m at work.  She hasn’t driven anywhere since February and hasn’t driven more than 10 miles in perhaps a year.  Yet the “good” car was purchased for her not for me because she couldn’t drive the Jeep which we bought strictly for her because she wanted it.  But it turned out I was the one that really liked it.  Can’t win.

13 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Had one like that one time that would bite you on occasion.  Got rid of that thing quickly.

Luckily one neighbor of mine does appliance repair,said buy a new one after checking it out.Going to Lowes to buy a new one tommorrow

• Forum Moderator

I came up with a new strategy.  Replace the good 2 year old car we bought used with something that suits me. New or used but has to suit me this time and I’ll hang on to the old ford as long as it starts and runs for going to work when wife needs @ car.  Oh and yes she could drive the ford too, she’s done it many times in the past.  Movable pedals and seat combine to get here where she needs to be.  Now I just have to sell her on that idea.  

now starts the search all over again but I can double my top range!

49 minutes ago, Willow said:

I came up with a new strategy.  Replace the good 2 year old car we bought used with something that suits me. New or used but has to suit me this time and I’ll hang on to the old ford as long as it starts and runs for going to work when wife needs @ car.  Oh and yes she could drive the ford too, she’s done it many times in the past.  Movable pedals and seat combine to get here where she needs to be.  Now I just have to sell her on that idea.  

now starts the search all over again but I can double my top range!

I love shopping for cars with my imaginary budget lol. A mustang is always fun to drive! Every time I felt down or depressed I drove it and it made me happy! 

15 hours ago, Birdie said:

I'm sorry Birdie! I wished you could move to a non-stressful place.

2 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Found out my stove took a crap last night.it is 10 years old and the stove came with the house when I bought the house.

I know the feeling. I had to replace the dishwasher, fridge, stove. The only other issues that could pop up is the washer and dryer and the microwave oh I forgot the toaster.