• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, JustineM said:

Got to sleep in a little bit today.  Now up and drinking my elixir of life, planning on indulging my nerd side today and work on building my Mandalorian armor.  I have had the materials for a long while now and just never started.  I'm thinking of joining the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club, was looking at their forums and they literally do not care what your gender is as long as you follow the rules and wear the armor.  

Ahh! I will be GRAVELY disappointed if we don't get to see pictures once it's done. I love cosplay! I just suck at it.

Hugs!

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Ahh! I will be GRAVELY disappointed if we don't get to see pictures once it's done. I love cosplay! I just suck at it.

Hugs!

Agreed,  as they say. pictures or it didn't  happen.  Lol

Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator

Speaking of pictures, Patti Anne and Shawna Leigh?

• Forum Moderator

I got a text from Shawna earlier, She said she was wrapping a few things up didn't look as though they have even left yet.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, the coffee is still strong and black. The weekend was good, both of our grown kids and 5 grandkids took us out for a late Lunch. I'm Loved, even Suzie said so.

My little Daisy Garden between the sidewalks.

Hugs,

Mindy???

Daisies 2020.JPG

Good morning, all.  The sun is out and the morning is warm (finally) in w. Oregon.  I'm having Eggos (whole grain) and watching a newborn fawn bouncing all over the yard while mom is trying to get some breakfast.  This cute little thing is only 2-3 weeks old I think, so it is fascinated by everything.  So bouncy and funny... like watching Tigger (bouncy, bouncy, bouncy)!  Then a flower sways in the wind and it freezes in its tracks; creeps up to the flower to sniff; then leaps away into another bouncing run.  If that doesn't make one smile, nothing will.

47 minutes ago, Tori M said:

Good morning, all.  The sun is out and the morning is warm (finally) in w. Oregon.  I'm having Eggos (whole grain) and watching a newborn fawn bouncing all over the yard while mom is trying to get some breakfast.  This cute little thing is only 2-3 weeks old I think, so it is fascinated by everything.  So bouncy and funny... like watching Tigger (bouncy, bouncy, bouncy)!  Then a flower sways in the wind and it freezes in its tracks; creeps up to the flower to sniff; then leaps away into another bouncing run.  If that doesn't make one smile, nothing will.

I love tigger he is always so happy!

28 minutes ago, Emily michelle said:

I love tigger he is always so happy!

Me, too!  He is my favorite character in the 100 Acre Wood.

• Forum Moderator

Afternoon everyone. Well an update on our intrepid travelers, @ShawnaLeigh  and @Patti Anne They finally left at about 9 EST this morning. Last I heard they were around Buffalo, NY.  Everything is going good. Shawna's stress level is finally coming down.

Went and had dinner with my middle son and his family yesterday. Looks like we are going to have our two grandsons here over the 4th of July weekend. Me and my youngest are taking my 4 yr old grandson to watch the fireworks. MY youngest grandson is going to say back with grandma.  As he is only 3 months.

Well,  TTFN I gotta bounce

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Safe travels Patti Anne and Shawna Leigh.

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Afternoon everyone. Well an update on our intrepid travelers, @ShawnaLeigh  and @Patti Anne They finally left at about 9 EST this morning. Last I heard they were around Buffalo, NY.  Everything is going good. Shawna's stress level is finally coming down.

Thanks for the update, Kymmie!

God morgen.

the sun is up and the skies are mostly blue and it should be a harbinger of an awesome day but it isn't. My Endro is seriously thinking of taking me off estrogen. I can be rational about it and recognize that the potential for more blood clots is there. And I can argue that thew blood clots are from a heart that sometimes A-Fibs and that causes clots and that is what the doc attributes the cause of the blood clots. But the idea of returning my body to the toxicity of testosterone is not an option. It has taken too long to get here, to finally like who I am and have the dysphoria abated. I can't go back! After years of hating myself and then finding a better life,  I would rather be dead than go back, a thought that is not an idle threat but a real option. I just can't live in that body ever again.

In a little over an hour I meet with my therapist and yes I am going to address this ugly prospect.

Dessverre

Erikka

• Forum Moderator

@Erikka I understand at least somewhat where you are coming from.  My Endocrinologist has thus far refused to prescribe Estrogen in any form because of the blood clot risk.  And that’s even though my doctor and my cardiologist both say that with my blood test numbers I’m not at risk.  But here is my question to you, I don’t know your circumstances but what about an orchidectomy?  That would take away the source of the Testosterone.  Then add progesterone?  That’s what my endocrinologist has me on because of his belief that I am at risk.  It’s really an age factor for me.

Willow

Hi everyone! Just sitting here getting ready to start my first laser treatment. I’m wrapped up in Saran Wrap all over my face. The best part is the glass of wine they gave me.

• Forum Moderator

Latest new from our travelers, They had some bad weather in Ohio. Then had to do Chicago at rush hour. The last I heard they stopped in IL for the night. they both say HI, And Viv,  Patti Ann wants you to teach her about applying eye makeup.

Kymmie

This is from both of us:

So it’s been a fun adventure so far. Ok that’s a lie. My leaving experience from VT was gut wrenching cry fest for me.  I spend most of day one fighting back the tears. As d trying to not relive a million memories of Shawns life.  Poor Patti had to content with my many moods on day one.  
There were lot of firsts for PA. The craziest part was Saturday as it was PA’s very first outing in the real public.  We went shopping at Kohl’s, Old Navy and Walmart. Then we roamed around a grocery store for trip supplies.  PA was super nervous but slowly learned that no one cares who we were.  Although she was in super high alert scanning for any weird look or comment from anyone.  She saw no one gave us more then a 1 second look.  A few cis women gave her nice smiles she said. 

On our trip however she reverted back to being afraid to go into a McDonald’s for breakfast food pick up.  The point being that coming out and presenting female out in public is hard for everyone.  You don’t just flip a switch and it’s all good. Or easy.  I nudge her to be brave and take the risk to just go but in the end it’s got to be your move when your ready.  But don’t just continue to hide in a safety zone.  Trust me when I tell you being out and full time is absolutely amazing.  But it can be scary at times. 

We drove from Vermont to Buffalo NY our first day which was well below our planned time line but it was mostly secondary roads and lot of construction.  Day two was more interstate 90 driving so I made up some time.  Landing in Peru Illinois by 6 pm.  
We are getting ready now for the day three leg of our journey.   I hope to chime in again soon.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

That’s good to hear the trip is going well! You are so right Shawna it’s so easy to revert back to our safety net. Getting up the courage can be very hard at times. Especially if your makeup didn’t turn out well or your hair is not right. I’ve noticed that I’m definitely not the only one that has those issues. Hiding does get old after a while, but taking baby steps to get out helps. It was interesting last night I had just got done with my laser appointment so I had no makeup on or anything. I was scared but I was even more hungry lol. I didn’t get any comments or weird looks. That made me feel better. Anyway off to work have a wonderful day 

• Forum Moderator

I have been in contact with both Shawna and Patti Ann. I read about the stress Shawna had. The stress Patti Ann has with just presenting. But the both of them seem happy. And That is the best thing.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Then had to do Chicago at rush hour.

I've driven through Chicago. It's always rush hour.

4 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Although she was in super high alert scanning for any weird look or comment from anyone.

That's about right for a first outing. It's like being a little bunny in a field of short grass. While being watched by hawks. Give her a hug for me and remind her it gets better with practice.

4 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

On our trip however she reverted back to being afraid to go into a McDonald’s for breakfast food pick up.

That's natural. McDonalds food is terrifying.

I'm glad the two of you are having a nice trip! Keep hydrated. Frequent rest stops. All that jazz. I look forward to you safely arriving at Patti's house and meeting the cats.

Hugs!

48 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

That's natural. McDonalds food is terrifying.

I once saw a parody article that referred to McDonalds food as  "semi-synthetic digestibles."

• Forum Moderator
37 minutes ago, Dana Michelle said:

I once saw a parody article that referred to McDonalds food as  "semi-synthetic digestibles."

Are you sure it was a parody? I've seen close-ups (under a microscope) of McDonalds food vs. actual food. The comparison was... disturbing. There are anomalies that cannot be easily explained.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Patti Anne my very first public outing my wife and I went on a weekend trip. Her idea was I would be so Nervous and scared that I would stop any thought of being a woman.  The very first thing she did was insist we stop at a Burger King and go inside. Like you I was in full panic mode.  But nothing happened, nobody cared or gave me a second look.  What a relief.  In Hilton Head, I did get made by a family but I ignored them. Unfortunately for my wife, the trip went so well it put me at ease for continuing my journey.

you’ll get used to it but stop trying to find people that you think are seeing you as a male.  The more natural you act the less chance anyone will notice anything unusual.  

Eye makeup is difficult I still can’t get eyeliner right.

Willow