• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Willow said:

So here is a topic for discussion for you you ladies on HRT.  What types of things did/do you experience?  (besides the obvious)  changes in appearance?  body hair? skin? ferimons?  Did you have to switch to feminine deoperants?  Anything like that.

I don't have much time on it, but the biggest thing I've noticed so far is the improvement in my mood and just overall the way I feel in my skin. Kinda har to put into words. It's hard to know whether it's the HRT or whether it's breaking out of my old life and finally moving forward with the life I want to live. Either way, I know I'm feeling *so* much better now.

@ElizabethStar I'm trying to wrap my head around moving that many times! Hope things are going well and you're feeling a little more settled in with no more ouchies.

Happy Tuesday everyone! ❤️

Love,

~Audrey.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@Jani now that makes sense.  Military families do tend to move a lot and like you don't usually spend 4 years in the same high school.  I wasn't a military brat, no offense, but my father worked for the Department of the Army as a civilian from 1940 to retirement in 1962.  People didn't know this when he was doing it but the last year he worked directly for MacNamara Kennedy's Secretary of Defense.  His assignment was touring Army facilities around the country and deciding which ones were inadequate and should be closed and which were strategic.  

I was in the Air Force for a while beginning 1968.

Willow

1 hour ago, Audrey said:
  1 hour ago, Willow said:

So here is a topic for discussion for you you ladies on HRT.  What types of things did/do you experience?  (besides the obvious)  changes in appearance?  body hair? skin? ferimons?  Did you have to switch to feminine deoperants?  Anything like that.

I've been on HRT for a couple of years, but only started E about a year and a half ago.  And it's a fairly low dose from what I've seen.  I'm sorta old and I think that has affected things as well.

I guess the most noticeable thing has been breast development - nipples are quite sensitive - and the boobettes are noticeable now.  My skin seems a lot more sensitive now, and body hair, while not gone, has slowed a lot.  I don't think there has been any change in facial hair, perhaps a little slower.  Unfortunately, I'm still loosing hair on top though, which is a disappointment.

I live by myself and don't get out much these days.  I can't really say much about any facial changes since I see myself every day.  But one of my daughters had recently spoken to my ex.  My ex had recently stopped by for something or other, and told my daughter that she had hardly recognized me.  So maybe there is something there.

I am feeling increasingly confident in my identity as a woman now.  I have had times when something I saw or read brought on the waterworks - one time it lasted half an hour.  I used to be very stoic.

I'm really very happy with these changes so far.  I can't wait to get out and circulate more as a woman when this 'rona sh1t is behind us.  (assuming I live through it)   I finally feel like me.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

First up were the mental changes. The big one was the mental static slowly fading away. I started getting to know the girl in the mirror about here. She was very cross with me and I started working my body into the kind of shape she liked. So there's a couple of things going on from this point. One being that I'm finally starting to learn to like myself and the other being that I made a bunch of positive lifestyle choices.

Physical changes are coming more slowly. My face changed a bit. It doesn't really look masculine anymore. Breasts are coming in like a glacier. First they hurt a lot. Then things calmed down for a while. Now they hurt again. Fat redistribution is hard to see because of all the exercise I do. It's coming off more than moving around. Lips are darker and fuller. Nails are hot garbage. They're thinner and brittle. Razor sharp though. My skin is both softer and thinner too. My sense of touch and smell are both heightened considerably. My sense of smell was strong before. Now I can sniff out the treats my spouse tried to hide from me.

My endocrine system is more feminine. That happened... gosh, about six months in? My spouse got in real close and gave me a sniff. Then she said, "You don't smell like you anymore." That's very true. I don't stink. My natural odor is now more of a faint vanilla. My skin is about the same, but I moisturize like a fiend. Definitely thinner. I use feminine hygiene products, but that's more because I'd rather smell like vanilla than "tragedy at the chemical plant" or whatever my old man deodorant was supposed to smell like.

The important ones were the mental changes. I feel more at home in my skin and less like there's a badger in my skull trying to claw its way out. My emotions are stronger but more even. There's a serenity that I wish I had when I was younger.

I'm about (because I had to go off for a couple of weeks in January and that's messed up my accounting) two years in. Full effects can take as long as ten years to complete so I'm really looking forward to whatever comes next. In the meantime, I'm pretty content.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
On 12/20/2020 at 9:54 AM, KathyLauren said:

Tonight, I start the prep for my colonoscopy on Tuesday.  It has been six years since my last one.  I really should have one every three years.  But my last one was clear, so "they" wouldn't let me have one for five years.  But then my GRS conflicted and I wasn't about to change that, and then covid came along, so it ended up being six years.  I expect, due to the delay, that they will find a whole bunch of polyps, schedule me for another one in one year, which will be clear, and then it'll be another five years, and the cycle will repeat.  *Le sigh*

Well, the prep was uneventful, and the scope was uneventful.  No polyps found, which surprised me.  So I guess I will be staying on a five-year cycle.  Now I can eat again!!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

Well, the prep was uneventful, and the scope was uneventful.  No polyps found, which surprised me.  So I guess I will be staying on a five-year cycle.  Now I can eat again!!

I find that "uneventful" is the best kind of eventful for anything involving my bowels. Happy eating!

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Willow said:

Good Morning

Overcast and very windy here today.  I'm ready to go back to SC now.  

Even though I have been on HRT for a year now my estrogen numbers have not be outside the normal range for a man.  I am pretty sure they are now since I am experiancing some changes finally.

Willow

My skin is reptilian dry now.  I don't think I've sweated in 3 months so don't even bother with deodorants so YEA!  Hair is also much drier.  I have to go through a lot of ritualistic moisturizing now!  I've finally noticed my body hair "seems" to be thinning/slower to grow. Thank the goddess!  Other than that, normal expected stuff...some minor breast development, complete drop in libido, metabolism slower...I do feel cold more frequently. I was a furnace before, now, not so much.  

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I find that "uneventful" is the best kind of eventful for anything involving my bowels.

Uneventful is usually a good thing.

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

My skin is reptilian dry now. 

Yeah, I have noticed this too.  I need to get more used to skin care.  I never felt a need before.

Congrats @KathyLauren!  I'm coming up due for mine.  I was on the one year plan, then 3, now 5.  I had some villous adenomas discovered when one blocked my appendix which then ruptured. Ugh.  I'm a bit worried about going this long but I hopeful. 

Today is a big day- getting a nerve block injection for my upper lip and a marathon electrolysis session to try and get the whole lip in one pass. If it works, repeat once a month until most of the regrowth is gone.

The ironic part is I have waited 2 months to get my driver license appointment tomorrow to officially change to Female/Bri and I have to get my first female drivers license picture done with in all likelihood-massively swollen lips.  haha.  Oh well. I'm not changing that appointment.

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Nails are hot garbage. They're thinner and brittle. Razor sharp though.

I am not sure if you know but, there is a vitamin called Biotin. I is great for hair health, nail strength and skin health. It comes in several different dose sizes. I have been taking that and a women's one a day for a few month's and my nails are definitely stronger and my hair is too. It's not for everyone but I just thought I'd mention it. In case you wanted to try that option for your nails.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Abi said:

I am not sure if you know but, there is a vitamin called Biotin. I is great for hair health, nail strength and skin health. It comes in several different dose sizes. I have been taking that and a women's one a day for a few month's and my nails are definitely stronger and my hair is too. It's not for everyone but I just thought I'd mention it. In case you wanted to try that option for your nails.

Yeah, I take buckets of the stuff (well, a chewable gummi) plus I use a topical nail strengthener. They still look like I've been fingering a rock-tumbler.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Okay @Jackie C. you made me laugh hard enough to cause a coughing fit. "FINGERING A ROCK-TUMBLER." What an image.

Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

good evening

Thanks for all your replies about your HRT experiences.  I'll share mine too.

Pain in the central areola.  Lumpy too.  Left is worse than the right but boy are they sensitive.  A big hug from my granddaughter hurt bad!

Skin definitely dry especially my legs.  Less face oil.  lips get dry and chapped more than ever before.  There are areas where I think my body hair is less than before, but some places like my wrist and the back of my hand are sneaky.  They'll look fine then all of a sudden long black hair.  My legs are definitely much slower growing and less of it.

Mood, well that one is tough for me to answer.  I can go along pretty mellow then all of a sudden "mood swing"  loud or loud and high pitched always set me off.  I can't take that at all.  My fingernails have always been thin, brittle and break easily.  I keep forgetting about biotin.  

thanks for sharing everyone.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Gee, thanks, girls for the horrors I will probably be experiencing soon.

I had my appt with my hematologist today. Went well. Was called Miss, and they used  female pronouns.  He wanted to check my blood and get a base line. 10 tubes of blood later. Looks like I will be able to go one HRT. Yeah, :groupwavereversed: Just need to here from my endocrinologist. For the final word. Looks promising. 

Had a good visit with my oldest and his family. fantastic seeing my grandson and granddaughter. Haven't seen them since June. I just hope it wasn't for the last time.  No mention of my condition.

Hugs everyone.

Kymmie   

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Gee, thanks, girls for the horrors I will probably be experiencing soon.

I had my appt with my hematologist today. Went well. Was called Miss, and they used  female pronouns.  He wanted to check my blood and get a base line. 10 tubes of blood later. Looks like I will be able to go one HRT. Yeah, :groupwavereversed: Just need to here from my endocrinologist. For the final word. Looks promising. 

Kymmie   

Honestly though, these changes are tiny issues and reflect positive changes in bringing our bodies into alignment with who we are.  While dry skin can be challenging, it's far better for me than being a sweaty hairy stinky guy. lol

Congrats on getting one step closer!

• Forum Moderator

Well , lets touch on yesterday my birthday. So me and the wife get up early so we can see my grandson before he goes to school. We eat at the hotel, pack the truck. We head across from the hotel to Walmart to check on a gift my wife wants to get my youngest. Out of stock. typical. We head for my oldest house.

Get there my daughter in law,and grandson are up. So we wait. As we are waiting. then my wife. "Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday."  Gee thanks honey about 2 hours after we got up. My son and granddaughter get up. We say out goodbyes and head for home.

We get home about 2:30. unpack, relax. My youngest gets home from work. "Happy Birthday,Dad." The second one from him as he texted me earlier in the day. So it gets towards dinner time. My wife starts arguing with my son about dinner. She decides to make it. never asking me what I wanted. Homemade chili mac. I like it.

Since we went way before my birthday, My wife didn't make a cake. instead of getting me a store bought cake. She gets me a brownie cake. When it was time, for cake(brownie) I get our second cup of coffee. She gets the brownie served. She just hands them out no happy birthday or sing. I did get that Sunday eve. at my oldests house. We each got a piece of fudge.

So that is how my wife viewed my birthday. Yet on some of the trip home. When she wasn't falling a sleep. She would talk about Oh we should do this or that next year. I just keep thinking. Yeah, if I am here.

Kymmie

11 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Okay @Jackie C. you made me laugh hard enough to cause a coughing fit. "FINGERING A ROCK-TUMBLER." What an image.

Hugs,

Mindy???

I totally second that! Jackie's posts need a safety warning with them. ?

17 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Yeah, I take buckets of the stuff (well, a chewable gummi) plus I use a topical nail strengthener. They still look like I've been fingering a rock-tumbler.

I've had a rock tumbler that's been collecting dust for years. Now I  have a new use for it.

I'm almost done moving. It's been mostly me, by myself. Everyone that was supposed to help over the weekend bailed out. One of the girls at work asked how it went and she immediately volunteered herself, and her truck to help. She met me at my old place after work and brought a guy with another truck. Pretty much got everything done. Afterwards I needed to go back and get my jeep. She offered to take me. When I got in her truck she was on the phone with her mother.  Being from Poland they were talking in their native tongue, I didn't understand a word.  When the call was over she turned to me and said that she told her mother she was out helping one of her girlfriends move. She asked it was weird that she didn't even think before she said it. Referring to me as one of her girl friends just rolled of her tongue.

I have too get ready for work. To be continued...

• Forum Moderator

Good morning.

Its tough going here at my daughters house.  We found out yesterday late that the youngest had been exposed to someone with covid.  she is now quarantined in her room for two weeks.  My wife and i will likely go home right after Christmas whereas we were staying another week.

@KymmieL getting disrespected on your birthday is tough.  Anything on the secretary position?  I know we didn't scare you off, no one meant to.  just a sharing of what to expect as things change.  Some report better moods, i am having mood swings.  But when your breasts kick in they will be sensitive and some constant discomfort at least for me.  

@ElizabethStar sounds like you've made a good work friend.  congratulations!

i wish everyone a good day today.

Hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

its sunny, mild, and very windy here in Westfield, IN. The bird feeders are all full and well attended by a variety of birds. The squirrels are being challenged by the wind swinging the feeders on long hanging wires. The wood stove in the shop is banked with a bed of hot embers, air intakes and flue damper are set to perfect regulation of heat production. The camp style coffee pot on the stove keeps the humidity on par for recovery from a sinus infection aka COVID. My since of smell is returning as I'm able to smell the smoke outside when I bring in more wood. The coffee is HOT, black, and strong. It's a good day in the shop.

Hugs,

Mindy?????

5 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

When the call was over she turned to me and said that she told her mother she was out helping one of her girlfriends move. She asked it was weird that she didn't even think before she said it. Referring to me as one of her girl friends just rolled of her tongue.

I know this must feel so good

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy glad to hear your sense of smell is returning. That has to be a good sign. 

sunny not as windy as yesterday but not dead calm either.  Cold. Even inSC. They had to shut off all the water and drain the pipes at the Marina. Overnight freeze warnings.

Willow 

17 hours ago, Abi said:

I totally second that! Jackie's posts need a safety warning with them. ?

Hee hee .. that made my morning ... where did i put that tumbler ... LOL

Christmas lunch No.1 today, i think that means 2moro for US'ers ?

Hugs

Robin

12 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Referring to me as one of her girl friends just rolled of her tongue.

Amazing!!  I'm looking forward to meeting some new ladies in my life that think that way about me.  I have a lot of female associations, employees, my wifes friends ect but no real girls friends yet

• Forum Moderator

Willow nothing on the job front. Being this close to Xmas don't expect anything until next year. maybe next week. don't know.

Just getting my new cell set up, as my old one wouldn't access any data anymore. SO I got another phone.