• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

If they want their commission they’d better notice how I’m dressed and respond accordingly.  That’s the one place I don’t get misgendered.  I often forget to adjust my voice or get frustrated in a drive through and get sir’d but they can only hear, not see when you order.

time to go run some errands.

Willow

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first few times I went to Lowes in fem mode, I was scared crazy.  But nothing bad happened.  I used to try to figure out everything I needed on my own.  Now I just tell someone what I'm doing and they do all the work for me.  Heh heh.  I let them think I don't know anything.  It's kinda fun, in a way.

It works the same at tractor supply.  It does help if I know the right questions tho.

Honestly, I don't have a clue how well I pass.  I kind doubt it tho.  I suppose the masks help.  Maybe being old helps as well.  Most of this year has been Covid-stay-at-home so I don't really get out much.  I have developed a bit more this year.  It will be interesting to see how things have changed if I'm still living when it is over.

10 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Anyway, the point being that in MAN spaces, the woman will be considered secondary to the MAN present unless the other people in the space know that the woman is "One of the Guys." If that makes sense. Welcome to womanhood!

This is the truth even when you work in that space. I worked for a major home improvement retailer for many years. One day my male partner stopped by to visit me at work. I was working behind the paint desk with the brightly colored vest/apron that screams that I'm the employee of the store, and a male customer asked my partner questions instead of me. It's not the first time it happened either (I've had it happen in the aisles), but this time I was literally behind the desk. My fellow female co-workers have had similar experiences with cis-males. Even having our male co-workers point out that we are the experts in a particular department isn't enough for some of these guys to even listen to us.

Anyway, it is nice to see you gals treated like ladies!

6 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Have a question for the clerk in mind, then go up to them and say "excuse me". wait for them to respond. Good customer service reps are polite and will will respond "yes "insert pronoun" , how can I help you "

Let me tell you how much anxiety I have about being on the other side of this. There are times when giving a gendered pronoun response is pretty much required/expected. I'm terrified of misgendering people as I'm very much aware of how much it matters to people now. So far either I've been 100% correct in assuming pronouns or I've ruined someone's day who didn't feel it was worth it to correct me.

I did put my pronouns on my lanyard ID tag for work, but unfortunately you can't really read it. Once the pandemic is over I will likely upgrade to a nice button that is more noticeable. I still identify as female for work and use she/her, but it's important to normalize giving/asking for pronouns. I know a few others at my job that have done the same. We were told we are not allowed to alter/deface our nametags/IDs in any way when this was brought up in a diversity & inclusion training. Since we know no one will actually check none of us have removed our modifications.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Kiara said:

I did put my pronouns on my lanyard ID tag for work, but unfortunately you can't really read it.

That's actually a really good idea. I've got my pronouns on one of my gym shirts, but it's not really work-appropriate attire. The point being that a button or other obvious cue would be a good thing to normalize.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Ann W said:

Just made my initial appointment with Planed Parenthood to pursue HRT.  Big steps make me dizzy.

Congrats!!!

1 hour ago, Ann W said:

Just made my initial appointment with Planed Parenthood to pursue HRT.  Big steps make me dizzy.

I'm so happy for you, Ann! It's a big step for sure, but I'm hopeful you'll have a great conversation with your doctor. I know I asked a million questions. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Ann W said:

Steady Girl, you're on the right track, and I hope to follow soon.

Congratulations Ann.

3 hours ago, Ann W said:

This is great.  I started with PP myself.  

Making that first appointment was a big step.  It took me three (at least) tries to make the call, but when I did it was such a relief.  

15 hours ago, Ann W said:

Just made my initial appointment with Planed Parenthood to pursue HRT.  Big steps make me dizzy

That's great Ann! Congrats!! ?

No wonder you're dizzy, I'd be too.

15 hours ago, Ann W said:

Congratulations Ann. I want to pass a long some advice a friend gave to me. Starting HRT? Better strap yourself in, cause you're going for a ride.?

19 hours ago, Ann W said:

Congratulations, Ann!

Congratulations! The first step is the hardest.  I’m on low dose and starting on low dose was the toe in the pool I need right now.   I have my first follow up in January. ??

Congratulations Ann. It is a roller coaster ride! One I wouldn't get off for anything. Hold on and enjoy the ride!

• Forum Moderator
On 12/18/2020 at 12:11 PM, Ann W said:

Wow, Congratulations Ann. This IS a BIG step but don’t worry hon...you’ll get your footing in no time. I bet you’re looking forward some of those wonderful changes! They’ll come soon enough. I’m very happy for you!

My Best,

Susan R?

Gee thanks everyone...your support is really meaningful to me.  My appointment isn't until the 28th, so I could still chicken out...but I wouldn't count on it.  At first I was kinda scared, but I'm already feeling  more confident in my decision and can barely wait now.  Life is really a trip sometimes.

I mentioned that I started with them.

They were very open and understanding people.  I was really comfortable talking to them.  It will go fine i'm sure.

Hello, I hope everyone is having a good holiday season. My exception to policy request is currently being routed through my chain of command, so hopefully soon I'll be able to go full time at work. 

Good morning ladies! (and gents). There isn't enough coffee in the world to get me started this morning. lol. I had one of those nights where I just couldn't sleep for more than 90 minutes at a time.  I woke up 5 times last night to pee (damn you Spiro!). I cannot wait until certain extra parts get to be removed and I can get off this stuff. 

On the flip side, it's SUNDAY! That mean I get to watch my Dolphins officially eliminate the Patriots from the playoffs for the first time in about 20 years! (the goddess willing). 

I've finally got an appointment with the DMV to go get my name/gender changed and a new pic taken on the 23rd. I was so excited to do my makeup and get my new drivers license picture and then I realized that the day before I am getting lip numbing injections so my electrolysis tech can do 90-120 minutes of work just clearing my lip. She told me it's a good thing we are wearing masks because it will be so swollen this week!  My drivers pic is going to look like a bad lip filler was just done! hahahaha

@Ann Wthe ride will be fun.  Just remember to laugh at yourself when you just start crying for no reason. LOL I'm finding it weird that some weeks I'm an emotional mess and others I'm not.  Doesn't seem to make sense since I'm on a daily dose that doesn't vary.  Maybe I just naturally cycle though moodiness ;).   Is you appointment with PP virtual? I'm hearing all the Covid news out of CA and assume any non-critical medical appointments would have to be.  I've kinda enjoyed the tele-health I've been getting.  The doctors don't seem to be as rushed as they were when working in a clinic and then if they need labs I just go in for those real quick.  Either way, I'm very excited for you! You go Girl.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

Made it safely to VA. Started seeing leftover snow outside of Warrington.  still several inches in our daughters yard.  Things are going well with our daughter and my wife which can be unusual.

@Mmindy wore masks and gloves when we stopped, then stripped the gloves outside and sanitized .  Hopefully we were successful.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone. Sorry I have posted. We are in Lincoln, NE. visiting my oldest and his family. Everything is going great. My grand kids are getting so big. Fun being with them. Even had a tea party with my granddaughter.?

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Sunday morning = espresso with breakfast! :)

Tonight, I start the prep for my colonoscopy on Tuesday.  It has been six years since my last one.  I really should have one every three years.  But my last one was clear, so "they" wouldn't let me have one for five years.  But then my GRS conflicted and I wasn't about to change that, and then covid came along, so it ended up being six years.  I expect, due to the delay, that they will find a whole bunch of polyps, schedule me for another one in one year, which will be clear, and then it'll be another five years, and the cycle will repeat.  *Le sigh*