• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Robin.C
4 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

it was sooo nice to finally be able to meet and chat with other trans people in person.

I so agree, it took me a nearly a year due to COVID stuffing things up to get to the trans group here. This forum has helped so much to not feel so isolated, even if I don't post much lately due to work commitments.

Condolences @RhondaS.

Hugs

Robin

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KymmieL

• Willow

• Jackie C.

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

not sure if it’s good evening, good night or good morning.  It’s just after midnight.  I sure missed a lot. Condolences on the loss of your mother.

we had to be out of the house before 9am and didn’t get back until 11pm.  We drove around locally with the intention of looking at the size and comfort of a Chevy Traverse.  Got to the dealer that was supposed to have one, nope,  internet posting was incorrect.  Well with nothing better to do, and all day to do it we decided to go to a Jeep dealer that was supposed to have a Wrangler Unlimited we were also interested in.  Thing is they were 3 hours away.

we called yes they still had it. (Not entirely correct, they had one but it had an option we didn’t want, a hard roof.  Just miscommunication! This one was actually the same except for the roof.). Big factor was that my wife is short and needed to see if she could easily get in and out.  I needed to know the seats would be comfortable.  No intention to buy it today.  Well, we all know how that goes.  We now own a Hellayellow, diesel powered, brand new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, with running boards.  Diesel for the economy and torque over the available gas engine.  Reviews indicated highway hills don’t cause it to rev or downshift whereas the gas engine in the same hill will downshift several times, run high rpm and slow down.  Since we will be crossing numerous mountain ranges on our trip, that’s important to me. 

no high pressure very nice people, not even the credit guy hard selling extras.

easiest, and friendliest car purchase ive ever made.  Oh and our sales persons daughter is transgender female like I am.

well trying to get to sleep.

Willow

Confused1

Congratulations Willow!

Hugs,

Mike

10 hours ago, Willow said:

easiest, and friendliest car purchase ive ever made.  Oh and our sales persons daughter is transgender female like I am.

Well dang.  

Sounds like a nice ride.

KymmieL

MMMM Yellow and a jeep two things wrong with it already. LOL.  Congrats girlfriend.

Kymmie

22 hours ago, Willow said:

We now own a Hellayellow, diesel powered, brand new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, with running boards.  Diesel for the economy and torque over the available gas engine.  Reviews indicated highway hills don’t cause it to rev or downshift whereas the gas engine in the same hill will downshift several times, run high rpm and slow down.  Since we will be crossing numerous mountain ranges on our trip, that’s important to me. 

Willow, I'm sure you're aware of the towing power, and steady power that come with Diesel Engines. My diesel is a set it and forget it trailer towing machine. Up hill, down hill the cruse control barely fluctuates. It's also very cool that you made a trans connection with the sales person.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

Hey @KymmieL, I thought getting a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited kept me on your good side.  Keep this up and I just might not buy you a cuppa in Cheyenne.  It isn’t just yellow, it’s Hellayellow.  Aka hell of a yellow!  lol.  All weather tires, not off road.  

it has rained a lot today.  Making up for our drought.  

By the way, we accepted a contract on our home today.  We had the offer in 24 hours on the market and signed today, about 36 hours from hitting the MLS.  So just keep it in mind, when I make it to Wyoming, I’ll be the homeless one.

current idea, Virginia to our daughters, then Ohio to visit a friend.  I80 west eventually reaching WY, then work our way to Yellowstone.  Next stop will be Portland to see our son and his wife.  When we leave there we will follow the coast south before turning east to Crater Lake, Lake Tahoe, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Maybe Ft Smith before finding a way to New Orleans then Atlanta, back to Charleston and back home.  At that point home means living on our boat.two of us and a 60 lbs dog on a 32 foot sailboat doesn’t leave much space to do anything.  Dining room/livingroom/sleeping for 2, kitchen which is a sink,gas stove and an ice chest.  office which is a desk, head and two state rooms which are less than the size of a double bed each.  At least after a couple months crammed into that our new place will feel huge.

time for this girl to get some sleep.

Hugs

Willow

@MmindyI understand that this will climb most mountains with out downshifting or increasing revs.  When we drove it home, the shift points were under 2000 and it coasted along at speed @1500.  Already showing average fuel mileage at 29mpg. Needless to say I’m happy with it so far.

Willow

KymmieL

Willow, I have a few friends with heeps so it is all good. I am just mostly a Ford girl. Well Ford and Buick girl. We have a 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4. We got it simply because it has all the goodies that I wanted to put on our 2000 explorer Limited. Rear locker, trail control,270hp 290tq turbo 2.3l. plus it was new and reliable. 

I had a decal on the window of our first Explorer trail truck, "screw your jeep thing." My friends with Jeeps thought it was great.

OK, You get over to Laramie and I'll buy the coffee.

Kymmie

Good Sunday morning y’all 

@KymmieL I had a Ranger in the nineties 2x4 long bed stick.  I enjoyed driving that.  But I lived where traffic jams were commonplace.  I also had a bad left knee.  My doc said no more clutch.  It was replaced by a Ford E150 conversion van.  Like driving your living room down the highway. Came in great for going to Florida to get our son in college.  Then came my first Jeep.  It was a Liberty. 

we lived on a steep hill at the time.  One winter we had a pretty bad snow.  Now most of my neighbors had a 4x4 something Broncos, Toyota’s didn’t matter everyone  knew if you wanted to get up the hill in the snow you had to have one.  My son called me, he was stuck on the main road and the snow plow was coming. Could I try to pull him out.  I got in my Jeep,backed out on the hill and drove off.  Everyone of my neighbors just stared.  I got to him hooked up and started pulling. After we got home he tells me he forgot to take off his parking brake.  So nothing stopped that Jeep. And this one has the same transfer case and even better anti spin differentials. Not the Dodge setup they use in all the other Jeep badged Rams.  So while I like Fords, (my beater is an Explorer Eddie Bauer)! Nothing beats a Jeep unless it’s highly modified.

This one is named Tweetie.  I’m guessing that’s strike three, eh girlfriend? 🥰

hugs

Willow

Elizabeth Star

Congrats on the new ride Willow. We need more Jeep girls, there's already a lot of Jeep guys. Someone around here said something about Jeep girls are supposed to wear crop-tops. I'm like 50K sit-ups short of being able to wear one myself but I guess it's a thing.

Elizabeth Star

Oh yeah, I did own a Ford once. My friends were nice enough to push it into a ditch down the street and start it on fire while I was out. In retrospect, they probably did me a favor.

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star did you or your friends ever know what F.O.R.D. stood for ?

MetaLicious
1 hour ago, Shay said:

Fix Or Replace Daily! I owned a Ford once - just once. It won the award for "Most Time Sitting in the Driveway Unusable"!

• Forum Moderator

Yep... That's the one lol

KathyLauren
2 hours ago, Shay said:

Found On Road, Dead.

• Forum Moderator

functional off road delight (knock em' all ya want, I love my F-350) 😁

Rain here this morning (most welcome). Sure hoping the fire season does not repeat last year, it was the worst !

Jamie68

This is a rough day for me. I know that me being trans is killing my wife. I can't stop being trans without killing me. I want to live. I'm excited that I finally figured out who I really am. I'm hoping for a miracle. 

AgnesBardsie

Not knocking a Jeep but I drive a 98 Ford Station Wagon.  Not bad for running errands. Not good at going up any sort of hill. I got a gig with the census last year as an enumerator and when eork ran out in Vancouver WA I was sent to Humbolt County, Northern California, mj capital of the US. I drove 600 miles to get there. If you know anything about the region it’s pretty hilly with all sort of dead end dirt roads into the hills. I had to put it into first gear most of the time but we survived. I was so proud of the old girl. All the roads were posted with signs that said 4WD or some such. Pfft! We were the top producers that week and they sent me to Birmingham AL the next week to help clean up that area. The old girl was waiting for me at the airport in Sacramento when I got back for the long drive home. Got it checked out when I returned and all it needed was an oil change. It’s been running great ever since.

not to say that I would not have loved to have driven a keep up all those hills though!

JustineM

@Jamie68 hang in there girl. I hope your wife will eventually come around. 

AgnesBardsie

I’ve been popping in every now and then to see how things are going. I haven’t said much. Not sure if I’m doing this transition right. I’m not running into any roadblocks. I’m gradually presenting and feeling more and more feminine as the hrt works it’s magic. I think I’ve added an inch to the bust. I guess it’s like metamorphosis. It’s going to take a few years so I’m going to enjoy the trip as much as possible  my insurance didn’t cover estradiol so I have switched to Kaiser. I have had to pay 3 months full fare so far—I guess that might count as a snag? Though having driven all over Mary Jane country for a week in a Ford station wagon it’s just a pebble on the roadside!

Willow Farmer
2 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Found On Road, Dead.

Put a 5.9 Cummins in your Ford and you will never be on the road, DEAD again

Willow Farmer
2 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Humbolt County, Northern California, mj capital of the US.

Hi Agnes,

I'm familiar with the Garberville area and lifestyle.  Maybe your car looked old and non-threatening like you belonged there.  Any new bullet holes in the old Ford?  A lot of good people there, but very private.   Big business is messing it up for the small farmer just like everywhere else these days.

Melissa Mazurek

Willow....your statement is hilarious.  However, I like my Ford F-150...no, love it!  LOL LOL  However Dodge makes great cars and trucks, as I also have a Challenger, and it has had ZERO issues.  

1 hour ago, Willow Farmer said:

Put a 5.9 Cummins in your Ford and you will never be on the road, DEAD again