• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Of course they dead-named me right out the gate

My doctor made things easy for me.  My medical records still had my dead name, so she had to put that on the prescription, but she added ("Kathleen") right after my dead name.  So the pharmacist asked me right off the bat which name I wanted to use.  Once my name change was official, I got them to change their records.

I am glad that you are seeing signs of progress with your wife, Liz.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Well decided to wear a skirt for the journey to work this am. However not able to wear one at work. so I will change when I get there. Working on my Transgender flag finger nails now. Not coming out too bad.

8 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

just smiled and told her That I was going through some changes.

This what I usually tell people who know me when they meet Jandi for the first time.  

"I've been going through some changes"   LOL

It's obvious something is going on.

I'd lived here as a guy for 50 yrs.

Been a good day here. Land workers over. They are Hispanic so we used sign language to communicate. 

Work was top notch, tipped them also.

Waiting on legalization here in North Carolina so I can start my pot farm. Been studying the legal process.

I miss those days.

I have the property so no big deal on that part. I'm not talking about 2-3-4 or so plants like I used to grow. 

I'm talking about 40, wife knows my plan and is okay with it. 

How will I sell it? I'll leave that to the feds for guidance. 

LM♥️

4 hours ago, Jandi said:

This what I usually tell people who know me when they meet Jandi for the first time.  

"I've been going through some changes"   LOL

It's obvious something is going on.

I'd lived here as a guy for 50 yrs.

I can relate to that Jandi- I live in a very small rural community-one post office/general store, one church and one school-that's the extent of our 'town'; everyone knows everyone else and for 30 some years everyone knew me as a man. Made for some awkward moments at first with a lot miss gendering  and referencing of my dead name. I couldn't take offense as in most cases the mistakes were not slights just honest mistakes.  When you know someone for 30 years it takes a while to assimilate and remember a new name let alone gender. Friends would use my dead name/pronoun then stop, look embarrassed  and start to apologize.  I'd just kind of smile and say " no offense taken, I still do it myself".  After six years most of that awkwardness is gone but I know that I am still thought of as  Merlin (my dead name) the man who chose to become Melanie. It has made it difficult  to continue to be an active community member and has resulted in a little different form of 'social distancing' on my part. It has forced me to be really honest about myself.  It does get lonely at times though.

17 hours ago, MelanieMN said:

I couldn't take offense as in most cases the mistakes were not slights just honest mistakes. 

I think a lot of people just don't know how to handle it.  In those cases it's not malicious.  But jerks exist of course.

Had an interesting weekend.  We had a family get together at my son's farm.  Everybody but one daughter made it, and a bunch of grandkids (mostly girls).  I always appreciate the saying, "Grandchildren are the best revenge."

There was a bit of drama, but mostly went okay.

My ex and I have 8 kids spaced over 22 yrs, and they are a very diverse mix, politically and otherwise.

My ex was there of course with her boyfriend.  She and I do get along, although I don't have much to do with him.  It can be triggering to be around her for me though, because honestly, I still have feelings for her.  It's hard, but I don't expect for that to ever go away.  But…

All in all it was a pretty good weekend.

• Forum Moderator

@Jandi I feel for you. Triggers are not fun but I'm glad you recognize them and disarm them as quickly as you can.

I am also very proud that you don't hide you and are open to your children no matter their political stance. You can be a part of their creation but they are their own person.

Hugs

Heather

Not much going on here at home. Today was my first solo trip delivering meals. I really like this volunteer job.

I was a little worried at first going out alone, but made it okay.

Hugs and love,

LM♥️

MOW.jpg

• Forum Moderator

@Linda Marie I'm so happy you are doing this. Being kind and volunteering to help others will bring more rewards then even your kindness gives out.

Yes it is rewarding Shay. These people are so happy to see me. One is blind, how she walks to the door to meet me

is an experience to be hold and she knows my voice!. One suffers from dementia she is frail and still knows me. Another had throat cancer, I could go on but you know what I'm dealing with. Rewarding, yes, very rewarding.

One of the persons on my rout is 102 years old. The sad part of this is that when one is taken off my rout it means they passed away.

LM♥️

• Forum Moderator

I know you'll do well on these runs by yourself Linda Marie.  I can see that it would be rewarding.  We have so much to be grateful for.  

Jani

• Forum Moderator

At our work the company puts out a magazine monthly to the stores. We have 12 core values at work. With Sept. being respect. I emailed on of the magazine staff about possibly doing a piece on respect for the diversity of the company. I told her about being trans and the respect and acceptance I have received at work. I got an email back. She likes the idea and is going to bring it up at the next editorial meeting. I replied that with over 6000 stores, distribution centers, and corporate offices there odds are the there are other transgender people in the company.

She sent back, "you are not alone" I feel pretty good.

I have finally noticed, boobs. yes. I think mine are finally starting. Today I wore an underwire bra. and it is actually holding my boobs. I am a happy girl.

So far. the week is starting off good. I hope it lasts.

Kymmie

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

At our work the company puts out a magazine monthly to the stores. We have 12 core values at work. With Sept. being respect. I emailed on of the magazine staff about possibly doing a piece on respect for the diversity of the company. I told her about being trans and the respect and acceptance I have received at work. I got an email back. She likes the idea and is going to bring it up at the next editorial meeting. I replied that with over 6000 stores, distribution centers, and corporate offices there odds are the there are other transgender people in the company.

She sent back, "you are not alone" I feel pretty good.

I have finally noticed, boobs. yes. I think mine are finally starting. Today I wore an underwire bra. and it is actually holding my boobs. I am a happy girl.

So far. the week is starting off good. I hope it lasts.

Kymmie

Everything about this just makes me feel good. Congrats Kymmie.

The last couple days have been interesting. I've been able to get quite a few projects done around the house. My wife has been very happy about it, enough to make posts on Facebook.  Rather than tagging me in the posts she actually Refers to me as Liz. She's not to the point of using she/her pronouns but she isn't using he/him either, just using Liz.It make the statements a little awkward but correct. I happily accept it as a win for acceptance.

I've started talking and expressing myself more and we've stopped fighting. At times She wants me to be a mind reader. I kind of am when I'm with her, I just fought it.

I got my shirt back today. She called me at work to tell me she realized it is mine. When she thought I had taken it from her it wasn't worth starting a fight for. It all worked out for the better. I also stumbled upon a forgotten drawer of old clothes. I saved two pairs of short and let rest of it go. When I told her she just told me to put what I didn't in the bag with her stuff that's going for donation.

I find myself doing a lot more around the house lately but if that is what it takes to help with her accepting me as one of the girls, so be it.

What's the opposite of coffee? I need some of that.

Can't sleep tonight. Big rubber hammer?

G'night.

Davie

Melatonin is what I would suggest trying to help with sleep.

Good morning.

Today I have several transition related appointments couple hours away. 

-HRT Dr.  They never sent lab orders so no blood work. 

-PCP Dr checkup, who happens to be out mtf trans.

-FFS consult.  Maybe BA.  I was directed to this cosmetic surgeon by my other Drs, but not sure what procedures they specialize.  First question is what's their main thing, then go from there.

-Meeting an mtf friend-of-a-friend for first time

-tomorrow morning first appt with speech therapist to see if they will vocally coach me.

Also I'm in the process of moving, so will be packing loading and cleaning a little too, before I can't.

I'm taking action. 

I'm grateful.

Don't be fooled I'm still very unhappy inside.  It's not all about gender.  It's more than that, for most all of us.

Misery.

Hope.

Gratitude.

Action.

I don’t really know what I’ve posted where. Mom’s in a hospital, things have taken a bad turn. I was the only approved visitor on a covid-era policy of one visitor per patient per stay list. Yesterday they upped it to two. So my moment for this site, was at the end of a long emotional day I realized at one point my brother, during a discussion with a nurse he had just met, discussing where the patient’s ‘children’ live, pointed at me and said ‘she’s in New Jersey’ so casually I only remembered it as things were winding down.

To make up for it later he talked about transitions and penises more than was really necessary, but some good talk too,

Good morning, all!

Drinking a big cup of coffee here. Just ordered a trans pride bracelet and trans pride flag off Amazon since it's pride month. I'm still going through the wringer on how to come out and transition at work, and how to get started on medical transition. I know first thing is I'm probably due for a general check-up to get established with a general practitioner. It's another muggy, humid day out. I apologize for the meandering post. I'm just very mentally drained lately from not being out at work and being deadnamed and misgendered for 90+ hours every paycheck. ???

I hope all of you are doing well, and I'd like to thank someone for the lovely guitar playing. As a guitarist myself, I enjoy it greatly!

-Big Hugs,

Keira ❤️

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, CallMeKeira said:

I know first thing is I'm probably due for a general check-up to get established with a general practitioner.

That is an excellent first step towards medical transition. You'll need to establish a baseline to make sure your liver and kidneys are healthy enough to handle HRT. If they're not, you'll need to work on getting them that way.

Another good step is finding a gender therapist if you don't have one already. You'll need letters of recommendation at some point and they'll be easier to come by if you've already got a therapist in your corner.

Honestly, it's better for the medical stuff too if you can have your therapist call and harp on your doctor if they're moving too slowly.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@CallMeKeira Jackie's advice spot on and I hope you listen to her. Thanks for the idea of buying a pride bracelet - I actually will have my name offically changed next Tuesday and with nearly a year HRT - what better present for me then a bracelet. And to think I was just thinking about a bracelet yesterday. Good Luck and best wishes.

Heather

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Maddee said:

Don't be fooled I'm still very unhappy inside.  It's not all about gender.  It's more than that, for most all of us.

@Maddee try to move forward.  You are moving to a new place and its an opportunity for rebirth (in many ways).  I know we can't always be happy but there is joy in life and I know you will find yours. 

Jani

So I made the comment about starting my pot farm. Well reality hit and the idea went up in smoke.

Security fencing topped with razor wire, cameras, the smell, and having to carry a weapon while tending the 'garden'.

Yes bringing the criminals into my world is not a very good idea. I escaped that world many, many years ago, I would be a fool

to fall back into that rabbit hole.

So now what? Hmm, I do love corn. 

LM♥️ 

Today64.jpg

I had a brush with the law back in the day over a few personal plants.  Fortunately, I managed to stay out of prison.

I have found that the use of a particular herb has helped with some anxiety issues at times.  However, I intend to stay away from the business end of things.

Hi Jandi, I'm no angel. My past is full of bad things. I did spend time in a low security prison.

Not a good place to be. I did 60 days of a 6 month sentence. I worked the midnight shift in the laundry and suited up the new prisoners. That led to my early release. 

Yeah, I'm no angel. Wasn't my first time in jail. What got me there was all alcohol related, drinking and driving.

I was young and stupid back then.

LM♥️