• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Starting my first cup. Sad. Lonely. Crying.

Sending love, strength and prayers your way @dillion. I hope your day brightens up.

43 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Starting my first cup. Sad. Lonely. Crying.

Please "talk" to us, Dillon. That might not fix everything, but it may help a little ––Rianon

Coffee actually helped. I'm still super sad, though. I'm thinking of leaving my liberal church because No One comes out there besides me and after two years I find that isolating on top of already feeling isolated there by the generally disconnected social dynamics. I have an appointment to talk with one of the priests about it this afternoon. It won't be the first such discussion, and he has actually helped the congregation become warmer and interact more. Both priests have given me absolute and proactive support for being trans and being there, and there have been lots of discussions with them. But I'm feeling like I've reached a personal limit. There's another church that is welcoming and has a lot of lgbtq members, and I might start going there instead, even though it's a bit far.

Thank you everyone for your caring posts. They make me feel less lonely, and since feeling isolated is the issue, it helps a lot. 

@Dikkon, I'm sorry you're going through this. You will be in my prayers. Feel free to reach out if you need someone to listen.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:36 PM, Mmindy said:

Mirrabooka,

For those of us who have grandchildren, that sounds like a lot going on. Then to visit with elderly parents, so they can see the next generation of their bloodline it cool.

Thank you, Mindy!

It is true. My 88yo father is going down hill fast and is truly appreciative of these moments. Our relationship has sometimes been difficult but it is ok now, helped by what he sees in my 5yo granddaughter. Even though she's sometimes a PITA to my wife and I! 

• Forum Moderator

Hi y’all

i am very tired.  9 hour day yesterday.  Short day today, only 8.  Lol. I should have gone to bed early but Friday evening has two of my current favorite tv shows.  I did fall asleep quickly when I did go to bed.  

Rainy day today.  

Hey, just so you know, by government definition, I am elderly, but I sure am not Elderly.  Whe our Granddaughters were young,  we provided care for them when our daughter couldn’t.  That included months of the living with us when Daphne was in the hospital.  Many times I had to leave work and go get one a school because the were sick and I was the closest to the school even though I was at work.  Sometimes that meant bringing them back to my office but mostly I was just able to take them home.

guess I need to start preparing for work.  some part time job I took on.  40 hours plus per week now.

oh well

Willow

18 minutes ago, Willow said:

i am very tired.  9 hour day yesterday.  Short day today, only 8.  Lol. I should have gone to bed early but Friday evening has two of my current favorite tv shows.  I did fall asleep quickly when I did go to bed.  

Hope you get some rest today!

Finished my first cup of coffee, and today is starting much better than yesterday. First, I slept about 9 hours, which is wonderful. It's usually a challenge for me to get more than five or six hours. I felt much better than I had expected after the conversation with the priest at my church. Every time I have gotten to the point of feeling I might have to leave, it has been emotionally wrenching. It doesn't feel that way after our talk. He had some helpful insights, like how different I am in lgbt environments, comfortable and outgoing instead of stiff and distrusting (for realistic cause). And that I am always saying I am isolated in my section of Queens and now I'm traveling to another area of Queens for community. He even suggested a neighborhood I had not thought of in my plans for moving to a less isolated place. Although I know that neighborhood (it's close to where we used to live) I didn't realize how close it is to the too-expensive neighborhood I was considering. I've been struggling with all of this for almost two years, and the priests have been working on slowly helping people become more connected and welcoming. I see a lot of change but the bottom line for me has become that no one else is out, which is not typical in a liberal church in this denomination, and I feel unsupported by the members.

Two cups of coffee done. Did a quick run into town to pickup some meds. I don't think today will top yesterday. I got word that Vermont Blue advantage has approved my breast augmentation surgery. This was on first submission of request. Then I sent Dr office a request about sizing. My first visit I was upset no sizing. Dr office got back to me within a hour. Told me that now it is approved we go to next step which is sizing. First visit he talked about 400 - 500cc. I don't have much right now 40A. I think I would like to be a D but have to get C. 

Going to so great to wake up and not have to put breast forms on. Take a bath and look at a flat chest. I know long and drawn out but so happy 

Congratulations that's what I'm hoping once I am able to get breasts a D or DD. 

33 minutes ago, happyinvermont said:

Told me that now it is approved we go to next step which is sizing.

I'm so happy for you. I don't remember your timeframe, but I hope all will happen smoothly from this point on.

My computer tech expert is younger than yours—13 years old—AND he has the best hair, too. And his DNA is similar to mine.

He's the best.

Davie:IsaacComputerTech.jpg

58 minutes ago, Davie said:

My computer tech expert

He does have awesome hair. I'm glad you're enjoying your visit with your family.

• Forum Moderator

Luckily, I have some breast growth. Maybe an A cup. It is nice to have something to put in a bra.

Well, made it through this week. Even when the district manager was in yesterday. I was nervous. but everything was OK. so far.

Kymmie

Good morning,

It's a bit rainy here. Going out to meet a friend. Hope you all have a good day.

It's rainy here too. I will have to rethink what I'm wearing when I go out. 

@KymmieLI'm glad your situation at work has been OKish this week.

I'm on my first cup of coffee. It's a nice contrast to the cool air even inside the apartment. I hope I won't get emotional at church and will just enjoy the service and the people. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi getting ready for church.  But I wanted to relay a story about yesterday.  I was alone again for a part of my shift.  During that time apparently someone in my line was disparaging me. I didn’t hear it. A regular customer stuck up for me.  Now I did know he got into it with another person but I didn’t know why.   Later my friend’s mother came in and told me all about what happened.  I expressed how pleasant her son always was with me etc. and that I appreciated knowing he was sticking up for me. That doesn’t happen much these days.

6 minutes ago, Willow said:

Hi getting ready for church.  But I wanted to relay a story about yesterday.  I was alone again for a part of my shift.  During that time apparently someone in my line was disparaging me. I didn’t hear it. A regular customer stuck up for me.  Now I did know he got into it with another person but I didn’t know why.   Later my friend’s mother came in and told me all about what happened.  I expressed how pleasant her son always was with me etc. and that I appreciated knowing he was sticking up for me. That doesn’t happen much these days.

Good for him! and YAY, Willow! That is a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.

• Forum Moderator

@Dillon Thanks.

@Willow It is great that there are some people still out there that will stand up to the bullies of the world. Even for a relative stranger. I had a co-worker do that to the mother of a former employee. He really put her in her place. 

My Saturday today. Not really sure what the plans are. But I do want to do some work on one of my projects. Still waiting on my intake for the wagon, not even any word. Good thing I have changed my plans on going to Bowling Green. May head to Moab with the Explorer.

I need to head to the county assessors tomorrow. I want to activate my veteran status for my property taxes, now that I own property. Maybe save some $$.

Have a good day everyone.

Kymmie

Belated start today, had bagel and lox with my coffee. Making today a self love day. It's a really bad arthritis day, shoulders and hands and a bit in the knees. Mostly due to various injuries over the years. Lots of broken bones playing sports, bouncing at concerts. Painkillers, legs up on the recliner and some reading. Have a great day all.

36 minutes ago, miz miranda said:

Belated start today, had bagel and lox with my coffee. Making today a self love day. It's a really bad arthritis day, shoulders and hands and a bit in the knees. Mostly due to various injuries over the years. Lots of broken bones playing sports, bouncing at concerts. Painkillers, legs up on the recliner and some reading. Have a great day all.

Hope you'll feel better soon!